• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Well the new map we get in February is on a yacht in icy waters.

A bear trap doesn't need to be set outside to be effective.

Apparently the Canadian defender has a bear trap icon

BWp25CC.png

Maybe that's not a beartrap, twist!

Something to break the ice/split it up, just look at the black underneath

jk its obviously a bear trap

Playing through scenarios before playing online, it could be a few days. BEER M0NKEY (with a zero, not the letter O) on XBL.

Honestly, the scenarios have me impressed. The engine and mechanics they've put together are very slick.

Team A is OP...consistency ain't shit when the other team has 3 players who can kill 3 guys before they die :p

They can kill 3 average players before they die. Plenty of people on the other team are above average, so the ratios won't have as significant effect as they may seem at first glance.

That's the point of draft picking though, the idea is that it balances out relatively well as the person selecting teams selects based on ability. So at the end of it, if the teams are unbalanced it's most likely because team captains selected friends first or used some criteria that wasn't statistically valid.

That's okay though, because it's just a bit of casual fun. If it doesn't go well in the future perhaps it may be worth reconsidering the manner in which players are distributed to each team.

5taquitos

So I've been keen to get in on this game, but it's tactical nature has me a little concerned due to my play environment. I usually game in bed after Mrs. taquitos has fallen asleep, which means I never get on the mic. Is it viable to just play with randoms without much coordination? Or am I going to get rolled every game?

So I've been keen to get in on this game, but it's tactical nature has me a little concerned due to my play environment. I usually game in bed after Mrs. taquitos has fallen asleep, which means I never get on the mic. Is it viable to just play with randoms without much coordination? Or am I going to get rolled every game?

Youd be tossing the dice at that point based on randoms skill lvls and whether or not they are team killing assholes.
You can have success with no mic/randoms but the games fun factor is exponentially higher with a squad and a mic.

Im sure rainbow gaf would love to welcome you though.
Good people
You just may have move your setup so as to not disturb the wife, that is if you use the mic.

You won't get rolled every game, you will win about half of them... but you will get rolled by communicative teams.

Is there really no way to get on the mic? I mean I play after my fiance sleeps, but I still use a mic. I just don't sit in bed with her when I play.

Honestly if that is the only way you can play then I feel that you would be missing so much of the tactical side of the experience that it isn't worthwhile. Even in terrorist hunt, it's much much more enjoyable with communicative friends.

You're better off looking for a tactical, singleplayer experience. Wait for the Division or Tom Clancies Ghost Recon Wildlands, alternatively, play the Rainbow Six Vegas games.

Its still fairly easy play effectively as long as you play carefully and stick close to your other teammates. Tagging enemies on cameras and using a tagging button also help when you're not using mics. Personally, I think the game is most enjoyable only when you're miked up though.

nOoblet16

They can kill 3 average players before they die. Plenty of people on the other team are above average, so the ratios won't have as significant effect as they may seem at first glance.

That's the point of draft picking though, the idea is that it balances out relatively well as the person selecting teams selects based on ability. So at the end of it, if the teams are unbalanced it's most likely because team captains selected friends first or used some criteria that wasn't statistically valid.

That's okay though, because it's just a bit of casual fun. If it doesn't go well in the future perhaps it may be worth reconsidering the manner in which players are distributed to each team.
It works both ways though. People on team B can kill 1-2 average players before they die...the people on team A are not just above average but better than people on team B when it comes to killing average players......statistically :p

Shotguns are monsters.
Especially the german and american models.

I really feel that the American M10 shotgun is overpowered. It requires both no risk (because if you miss you can merely fire again) and requires very little accuracy.

Other shotguns, like bandits, while very effective, have an element of skill to them, a learning curve. I feel that M10 damage should be reduced, so that the shotguns that demand higher accuracy, more skillful gameplay, correspondingly yield a greater reward.

---

Also did you guys know that for all shotguns, one pellet is always fired exactly where you aim? So you can use them to shoot at mid-long range, or even hit distant cameras etc, provided you are very accurate.

CSJ

Yeah I knew that when people were saying all servers were 60tick rate was bullshit, I mean all you had to do was play to see that. But then again, those were probably people in a region or such that had it enabled.

Glad 1.2 is deploying it everywhere, will have to see when I play!

nOoblet16

Yeah I knew that when people were saying all servers were 60tick rate was bullshit, I mean all you had to do was play to see that. But then again, those were probably people in a region or such that had it enabled.

Glad 1.2 is deploying it everywhere, will have to see when I play!
Game has 60 tick rate but 30hz movement update on consoles

I really feel that the American M10 shotgun is overpowered. It requires both no risk (because if you miss you can merely fire again) and requires very little accuracy.

Other shotguns, like bandits, while very effective, have an element of skill to them, a learning curve. I feel that M10 damage should be reduced, so that the shotguns that demand higher accuracy, more skillful gameplay, correspondingly yield a greater reward.

---

Also did you guys know that for all shotguns, one pellet is always fired exactly where you aim? So you can use them to shoot at mid-long range, or even hit distant cameras etc, provided you are very accurate.

Oh i agree.
I knew the moment I used castle that that shotty was nuts.

Arnie

I feel like this game has a renown cap. I always get my renown for like the first two matches then fuck all else for the evening. It's scandalous when you consider how much is hidden behind a renown wall in a bid to make you spend real currency.

That this glitch isn't fixed this far beyond launch is fairly inexcusable to be quite honest.

If the game itself wasn't crack I'd have given up.

Any ps4 rainbow gaf not involved in the match on in the next hour?

I gotta step up my game.
If i do good maybe coach alpine will put me in the game!
Notice me Senpai

Arnie

Played 8 games this evening. Got points for 3 of them. Completely unacceptable. Game needed more development time.

Top Bottom