• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Played my first handful of matches on casual, and man this game is unforgiving to noobs like myself. I'm getting rolled pretty consistently. I've yet to encounter teammates using a mic too, so no coordination yet.

Anyone want to friend up on Uplay?

I love how these people with poor aim trying to take out drones always commit teammate kills. It's rather entertaining to jump around them at their feet.

owlbeak

Sigh.

PS4 servers just completely shut down or something. Was having a decent run of matches, finally, with no disconnections and now I can't get in a damn game, ranked or casual. :\

Apparently there's a bug related to the season pass renown bonus, so it's been switched on temporarily for everyone.

Ah, I see.

I love how these people with poor aim trying to take out drones always commit teammate kills. It's rather entertaining to jump around them at their feet.

The best thing ever is when you get a defender to shoot the hostage by kiting your drone around them. It's glorious.

Opto

Banned
Yes, just join a ranked match without a mic. It's not like Sony gave you one, or you can use any headphones or ear buds

Hatchtag

Banned
Apparently there's a bug related to the season pass renown bonus, so it's been switched on temporarily for everyone.

wait, that like 10-25 extra credits a game is the renown bonus? that's something they expect $30 for? because holy fuck if true

It amazes me how bad this game is with its microtransactions. Not bad as in super anticonsumer, but bad as in "I would gladly pay more money or alt character costumes, but it just offers me dumb gun skins and weeklong early access to a couple of characters instead".

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Id say a mic is a big part of what makes the game fun and different from the current shooters. It adds a ton to the experience

Sooo Canada has this for $60 digital (usually $80)

I think this is some store error. I'm trying to find this game for $50 physical, but I think I might bite... I hope I dont regret this. I just dream of playing a game like COD4's S&D and something like Last of Us again.

I haven't really loved a novel new MP shooter since Bad Company 2, and never found anything like COD4's S&D. I wish SOCOM turned out better :p

I don't care for Terrorist Hunt, and will be buying this purely for the MP. That's the only two things in this game right?

The PSN version I'm seeing for $60 also has like $10 worth of credit for the Microtransactions or something. Maybe I can sell that if it's a separate code since I'd rather pay as little as possible

Freeman76

Id say a mic is a big part of what makes the game fun and different from the current shooters. It adds a ton to the experience

Nah, its a completely different experience from anything else even without using mics. Using mics will improve the experience, but you don't need one to appreciate the game at all.

Also, kinda off topic, but do you guys like Splinter Cell and what's that other one... GRAW? I cant remember what it stands for.

Edit: Ghost Recon!

Seems those are 3rd person, but was the MP as popular as Siege? I know Splinter Cell Blacklist had a MP mode...but was that as popular as Siege? I never hear anyone talk about that game.

It seems all these Tom Clancy games are the only ones delivering in its genre of tactical shooters. Did you guys play those games last gen? I've literally never played a Tom Clancy game but have noticed now the variety of titles.

Just curious if you guys are hardcore fans or if you're new to these kind of games.

Klyka

Banned
wait, that like 10-25 extra credits a game is the renown bonus? that's something they expect $30 for? because holy fuck if true

It amazes me how bad this game is with its microtransactions. Not bad as in super anticonsumer, but bad as in "I would gladly pay more money or alt character costumes, but it just offers me dumb gun skins and weeklong early access to a couple of characters instead".

The 30 dollars are basically more about getting the new operators earlier and immediately unlocked,instead of having to use 25000 renown per operator to unlock them.

But yeah,I think even the devs themselves said "we kinda had to do a season pass,so we made one you can pass up"

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Great games, tonight, fellas! Had a blast.

Also, kinda off topic, but do you guys like Splinter Cell and what's that other one... GRAW? I cant remember what it stands for.

Edit: Ghost Recon!

Seems those are 3rd person, but was the MP as popular as Siege? I know Splinter Cell Blacklist had a MP mode...but was that as popular as Siege? I never hear anyone talk about that game.

It seems all these Tom Clancy games are the only ones delivering in its genre of tactical shooters. Did you guys play those games last gen? I've literally never played a Tom Clancy game but have noticed now the variety of titles.

Just curious if you guys are hardcore fans or if you're new to these kind of games.

Original Ghost Recon was the shit. It wasn't third person like the rest of the entries in the series and it had wide, open maps that still offered plenty of cover and flanking opportunities. Single shots were highly encouraged

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Original Ghost Recon was the shit. It wasn't third person like the rest of the entries in the series and it had wide, open maps that still offered plenty of cover and flanking opportunities. Single shots were highly encouraged

Island Thunder was my very first game on the original Xbox - my dad got it as the sole game with the system on Christmas.

Holy shit did I sink countless hours into that title. Awesome, awesome fun.

Klyka

Banned
Ever since I started putting up my brightness slightly and then my "digital vibrance" in the NVIDIA control panel by quite a bit,I am having a much easier time seeing operators.

I also like the way the colors pop now, especially the blood is a great contrast against the level.

Klyka

Banned
Defenders should have the ability to walk the hostage to different area's.

They actually had that in in early playtests but it turned out it was too strong for the defenders to abuse. Basically it made the defenders hold all the cards all the time.

Now, you need to look at it like this: The defenders hold the advantage at the start. If the attackers accidentally kill the hostage,they lose and the defenders can use this to their advantage.
But once the attackers get the hostage, they now hold the cards and the defenders need to be careful not to kill it.

It's a nice "switching places" they put into the game.

It's the same with the defuser too. Defenders hold the advantage and can stop the attackers from planting,but once the defuser is placed, the attackers can hang back and "camp" it, putting the advantage in their hands.

I absolutely LOVE the way it's set up.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A mic is absolutely essential for team-based shooters like this. It elevates games like Destiny and R6 Siege to god-tier. I guess it's fine in casual because very few people use it. If you play with friends or with GAFfers, use a mic!

Klyka

Banned
A mic is absolutely essential for team-based shooters like this. It elevates games like Destiny and R6 Siege to god-tier. I guess it's fine in casual because very few people use it. If you play with friends or with GAFfers, use a mic!

I played some solo casual yesterday and played with a random team where we basically only ever said stuff when it was really important. Like, 4 minutes of silence and then "he is in kids room" or "they attack from roof".

And even just with this simple communication and some pinging, we won 4 matches in a row.

Communication really changes the game.

Anyone up to play on PC? My steam nickname is panzermeyer pls add.

Woahhhhh you're alive and back!!!! Did you make a new name?

Anyway I don't understand why my friends and I in a party of 4 have so much difficulty finding a 5th. It takes like 20 mins of loading screens before we finally get into a game. We LOVE this game, I'm level 52 and I've put my fair share of time in, but it just kills most nights for us all the waiting.

Woahhhhh you're alive and back!!!! Did you make a new name?

Anyway I don't understand why my friends and I in a party of 4 have so much difficulty finding a 5th. It takes like 20 mins of loading screens before we finally get into a game. We LOVE this game, I'm level 52 and I've put my fair share of time in, but it just kills most nights for us all the waiting.

The 4 man group taking forever to matchmake is a known issue. In my experience if it's taking longer than a few minutes just cancel and restart the search and you'll find faster.

Klyka

Banned
The 4 man group taking forever to matchmake is a known issue. In my experience if it's taking longer than a few minutes just cancel and restart the search and you'll find faster.

If you are not in a match after 30 seconds or 1 Minute, squad leader cancels back out taking the squad with him and then back in. usually in a match 2 tries later

I'm sure it's been said before but everyone knows you can speed up barrier/reinforce installs, armor and ammo pickups by tapping L1 and R1 back and forth right?

And if you're installing tripwire of a castle barricade, just tap L1 fast as you're holding R1.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm sure it's been said before but everyone knows you can speed up barrier/reinforce installs, armor and ammo pickups by tapping L1 and R1 back and forth right?

And if you're installing tripwire of a castle barricade, just tap L1 fast as you're holding R1.
Wat

Is this tested?

oo7

New operators :eek:
rainbow-6-siege-dlc-operators.png

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/01/09/rainbow-6-siege-dlc-operators-leak-report/

One of them has a bear trap :eek:

It should be 100% required to play ranked.

Top Bottom