• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I'm so sick and tired of waiting 20+ minutes for the game to finally work, only to have a dumb fuck TK his entire team as soon as it loads. This community is filled with fucktards.

HiiiLife

Whats the difference betweem ash and sledge? Seems ash is better?

Ash can breach from a distance. Only has two shots. Sledge is obvi close range but can destroy the same shit she can, but has much more swings available. Different boats.

I prefer Sledge. He has frags. And I like his AR more.

He also has an SMG secondary. Do not, I repeat DO NOT sleep on it. Smack a ACOG scope on that and rack up the headshots.

Ash can breach from a distance. Only has two shots. Sledge is obvi close range but can destroy the same shit she can, but has much more swings available. Different boats.

I prefer Sledge. He has frags. And I like his AR more.

He also has an SMG secondary. Do not, I repeat DO NOT sleep on it. Smack a ACOG scope o
n that and rack up the headshots.

Ah the frags sound useful

Does the hammer act as a better OHK melee weapon too?

You mean that machine pistol?

HiiiLife

Ah the frags sound useful

Does the hammer act as a better OHK melee weapon too?

I've only ever managed to kill one person with the hammer and that was Doc in the animation of reviving himself. I'd imagine it's the same as the knife though, just slower. Killfeed would always be hilarious though seeing a hammer kill pop up.

And yeah. Him and Smoke use it. It's especially good with Smoke, breaking windows and sniping people. Takes awhile to get used to but man is the ACOG good on that.

KodaRuss

There is nothing more satisfying than dishing out a few ass kickings in this game.

Played as Glaz for the first time in a while. Ended the match 7 kills 1 assist and 1 death no long range snipes used either. His gun just rocks.

LOVE day variations to the maps. Love.

I just wish it was possible to shoot out lights and use actual darkness (with the ability to use night vision)

If some maps were outsidr somehow, itd be so awesome

Also, one guy went outside (glitch) and I tk'd him.

HiiiLife

Damn i'd love this game even more if night vision was implemented somehow. A blacked out House with NVG sounds too fun as attackers.

Stomped some kids doing the out of bounds trick on Plane. We were playing 4 to their 5 as well. Feels good mang.

Add me for games on PC, ubi-name is: sneakypete. (with a period)

Irritating when random team mates feel the need to strafe in front of your line of sight when you already have a hallway covered. Especially when you have a better weapon to do so than they do.

Having to wait until some idiot has shot all of his M10 shotgun rounds out down a corridor before he will get out the way and I can kill the person he's aiming at... it's annoying. People are so desperate to be the person to get the kills that they just throw themselves forward.

In many cases, if I don't simply move out of the corridor and give the lane to the guy pushing forward, he will get us both shot, as bullets fly through him, into me. So I move, he gets killed, and we achieve nothing. Success!

Sometimes people just aren't patient enough. You don't always need to do anything. Sometimes you can just wait, and shoot at what you see.

I love playing as doc and healing my pals.

Also, ran into a jerk who was exploiting the out of bounds thing again. Dude didnt find us in time and we wrecked him. Second time, he ran back inside.

So, Ive already run into 2 cheaters so far. I dont imagine ranked is worth playing until it's sorted out

I'm at the point where I'm playing with at least three friends when I matchmake. If we run into one of those exploiters, we votekick them before the round starts.

Yeah, it sucks that we have to play with a man down, but we're good enough that we can win a 4v5 without cheating. Let's hope that 1.3 isn't too late into January.

Ubisoft Support ‏@UbisoftSupport 4m4 minutes ago

The issue with connecting to games on PS4 in Rainbow Six Siege should now be resolved. Thank you for your patience.

HiiiLife

How bad do you suck at the game when you still lose after glitching outside the building as a defender. So bad lol. You're not even good at being a cheater. Sell your PS4.

LOVE day variations to the maps. Love.

I just wish it was possible to shoot out lights and use actual darkness (with the ability to use night vision)

If some maps were outsidr somehow, itd be so awesome

Also, one guy went outside (glitch) and I tk'd him.

Well they ruin that with the big red name tag when your crosshairs are over an enemy. That needs to go too.

There is nothing more satisfying than dishing out a few ass kickings in this game.

Played as Glaz for the first time in a while. Ended the match 7 kills 1 assist and 1 death no long range snipes used either. His gun just rocks.

Yep. Glaz is really good without ever using him as traditional overwatch sniper. I almost find him more effective indoors. Since I am still new, I tend to hang back a little when my group moves inside, and having the red shifted scope with better zoom than anyone, I can pick off people through longer sight lines pretty easy. I prefer semi auto weapons over auto weapons in any shooter, and he has the only semi auto weapon worth a damn in the game. All the other weapons that shoot slower don't have enough accuracy or damage offset to ever make semi auto fire worth it over full auto. Double click to kill for body shots, or line up the headshots. Both feel great.

NeoGiff

A couple of clips from my session last night.

I was playing with randoms, and Sledge seemed to be a new player, as he didn't seem to understand which reinforcements to break down. Towards the end, despite me repeatedly marking the door for him to smash, he ran off, so I broke it down myself, resulting in a literal last second hostage rescue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ0lgVtx3tw

Against the same team, things got crazy once they located the hostage. As Pulse, I must have panicked them or something, because their behaviour was hilarious, especially Blitz towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8MFbrOnE2M

Playing with mics is undoubtedly THE way to play this game, but sometimes playing without can have hilarious results.

I have some questions about some of the rock,paper, scissor aspects of Castle barriers and operator specials ; Can Sledge smash them down? Can Fuze penetrate them with his cluster device? Do any bullets penetrate them, like Glaz's rifle? Can defenders shoot through the Castle barrier to preemptively destroy a breaching charge like you can with regular wooden reinforcements?

NeoGiff

I have some questions about some of the rock,paper, scissor aspects of Castle barriers and operator specials ; Can Sledge smash them down? Can Fuze penetrate them with his cluster device? Do any bullets penetrate them, like Glaz's rifle? Can defenders shoot through the Castle barrier to preemptively destroy a breaching charge like you can with regular wooden reinforcements?

Sledge CAN smash them down.
Fuze CAN penetrate them with his cluster.
Glaz' bullets Can penetrate them.
Defenders CANNOT shoot through them, but if someone is placing a breach charge, their feet can be shot through the gap underneath the barricade.

Defenders CANNOT shoot through them, but if someone is placing a breach charge, their feet can be shot through the gap underneath the barricade.

Damn.. so they aren't as effective as I thought for securing rooms. I think I am going to start doing what one Castle player did in a group I ran with on the weekend. He would use them more as decoys. Just barricade some doorways not immediately adjacent to the objective to cause people to waste breaching charges and give away their position.

Valkrai

Damn.. so they aren't as effective as I thought for securing rooms. I think I am going to start doing what one Castle player did in a group I ran with on the weekend. He would use them more as decoys. Just barricade some doorways not immediately adjacent to the objective to cause people to waste breaching charges and give away their position.

I'd recommend them for some windows, otherwise Castle is useless (Even to the point of hurting the team if you have it blocked on objectives)

Yeah, the main positives for Castle are that little spots can't really be punched out like the wooden doors (which is sometimes crucial, for both attackers AND defenders) and they can't be shot through.

Some areas, I actually prefer Castle NOT set up his barricades. Easiest way to cover a door/entrance is from another door that you can punch a little hole through.

Castle is crucial in rooms with lots of windows, though.

And remember that walling your team into a tiny box doesn't do them much good. A lot of the times we use our castle to push our defense into larger areas so they aren't shooting fish in a barrel. Those walls use up a lot of attackers resources, and loud resources that allow you to detect a direction and prepare to defend that area.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Castle's pretty good but only situationally. I like him for the basement in the Oregon map. If you barricade and electrify the wood panel and Castle-barricade the doorway at the top of the stairs, you can camp there and shoot anyone who tries to breach the door in the feet. Unless they're smart and breach the floor above the stairs, which I learned today you can do.

KodaRuss

I used to take Castle if no one takes him but I kinda stopped that. His barricades are just too easy to take down.

His barricades many times hurt your team as well. They are best for windows but that tells the other team "Hey we are in here!!!!" If they havent found the objective.

His guns are alright but I would much rather be Jager, Mute or Smoke usually.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tried ranked for the first time last night.

Initial 5 games (I solo Q'd) put me at Silver II.

I noticed the cheaters seems to be in ranked more than casual. Had a dude go 11/0 on the enemy team and was popping us all through walls and such.

Animator

Ash can bring them down as well.

Castle barricades are amazing for windows when combined with mute. Then only sledge and ash can take them down. If you have pulse on your team you will get a free c4 kill camping those windows and blowing up anyone who comes to breach them.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been stonewalled by Castle. The last one alive at the end of a round, having equipped smokes instead of breach charges, and unable to get into the damn objective room as time expires.

It's a terrible, helpless feeling. As the team watches you flaccidly fail and flail in those closing moments.

Castle's prophylactic barriers making the objective practically impregnable.

It's rare though.

lol

Animator

Also reminder you DONT need to put up all your barricades as soon as the round starts. Saving some for later can be game changing.

Klyka

Banned
I've been stonewalled by Castle. The last one alive at the end of a round, having equipped smokes instead of breach charges, and unable to get into the damn objective room as time expires.

It's a terrible, helpless feeling. As the team watches you flaccidly fail and flail in those closing moments.

Castle's prophylactic barriers making the objective practically impregnable.

It's rare though.

lol

I take it you couldn't punch them down cause you were out of time/he shot your feet?

Also reminder you DONT need to put up all your barricades as soon as the round starts. Saving some for later can be game changing.

Yep, this is huge. I normally just cover one or two windows if there are any with Castle barriers and then save one or two for late round barriers. When you know their entire squad has committed to a single avenue of attack, and the time is winding down, you can really funnel them in a direction or straight up block them out of the objective room (with other barriers and operator talents combined) I forget what map it was on, by my squad locked down a room where with the team make up of the attackers, there was no way in for them but one door we intentionally left open. Then it was just a shooting gallery.

I logged in just fine.

Weird, must be on my end then.

9jsu5GZ.png

This is what I'm getting, even did port forwarding, no dice.

Top Bottom