• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Aselith

The fuck is wrong with this game. I keep trying to queue for casual and it brings up a window that says "validating and updating playlist and properties" for a fraction of a second then kicks me out. How is matchmaking issues still a fucking thing in this game after the beta. Get your shit together, Ubi.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me I need to turn on Shadowplay. Just clutched a 5v1 round and I wasn't recording. That's just a waste of talent is what that is.

I wish you could adjust loadouts on your operators in between matches. It is so clunky having to go to the main menu, operator, load out, weapon, back, back, back, new operator, repeat, etc.

Gaz_RB

Can I play with u guys? Still learning the maps though, and dont have all the operators

And man, communication cones naturally in this game. You just mic up and start talking

Problem is, Im not into these people shouting faggot at the enemies, which seems to happen a lot. Just not comfortable with that

You should play with me and Mike tonight.

KodaRuss

January 14th - 7-8PMEST

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.alpinestars1980
3.Gaz_RB
4.Heavy_Hushed
5.Teasing_Pink

Hopefully we can fill 20 players on short notice where Team 1 vs T2, T3vsT4. Winner of both and losers of both.
If we end up filling spots for 10 then we can do another game like last week.
Worst case scenario we end up having confirmed players to team up for casual/ranked.

I will be out of town sorry. Good luck. I will definitely be missing the game while I am gone and likely checking this thread.

Esch

Banned
I click on Casual and the matchmaking window opens for a second and closes.

Cant even enjoy my day off, Ubi
uMW3dcp.png

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else really dislike Bomb mode? I feel like every map has like 1, MAYBE 2 viable spots to defend, and if someone leaves, you're basically fucked for sure even moreso than in the other modes. I wish they'd either just take out some of the objective sites, take it down to 1 bomb, or just balance the locations better.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone else really dislike Bomb mode? I feel like every map has like 1, MAYBE 2 viable spots to defend, and if someone leaves, you're basically fucked for sure even moreso than in the other modes. I wish they'd either just take out some of the objective sites, take it down to 1 bomb, or just balance the locations better.
Bomb is pretty frustrating to defend. Just so many ways they can hit you, and you're spread really thin. When they put the bombs on separate floors? :|

enewtabie

Love this game. I play on Xbox one. But last night I was playing Terrorist Hunt Bomb on Lone Wolf...Doing good and defending the gimmick that disarms the bomb. Freaking AI comes through window flying and shooting me while on the rope and I die..Wow..That was impressive.

manhack

I was watching an R6 tournament this weekend and it turns out they consider Bomb the main competitive mode.

It's definitely not a good game type for having 3 roamers. If you're team works together and defends the two positions as one big one, it's a lot easier. We blow out adjoins walls and make sure our defenses don't block movement between the two. We only use 1 roamer. That obviously is with coordination. If you are playing solo, you're screwed.

I started enjoying Defuse a lot more once I started learning the maps and interesting ways to defend them.

Maps like the house (Mansion?) often have one of the bombs in a TINY bedroom that has like three windows. It's a fucking death trap.

Instead of actually posting anyone in that room, we instead send one or two guys into the next room over, blow murderholes into the walls, and just wait for them to come in. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Of course, you need to have a team to help. Usually two people covering each room, with one "wanderer" is a solid strat. Last night, we were playing that exact map and I told my team "do NOT post up in that room, it's a death trap". Told them multiple times.

20 seconds later, Fuze kills both of them.

Now I actually really enjoy Defuse *with* a good team. It can be fun once you get out of the "we need people in the bomb rooms!" mindset.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Instead of actually posting anyone in that room, we instead send one or two guys into the next room over, blow murderholes into the walls, and just wait for them to come in. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

But any attacker with half a brain would clear adjoining rooms FIRST imo. At least I do. I never go into the objective room first thing.

I never go into the objective room first thing.

Well, plenty of other players do :) Esp. when it's a spot like Mansion, where they KNOW it's a deathtrap and think it might be an easy win.

And that's why you have two people per objective. One to occasionally check the murder holes while the other covers the actual room you're in.

I love bomb! I feel it's the best mode.

I wonder if modes like Secure would be more fun if you didnt know the attacker was in the same room as you? That mode is too chaotic in my opinion

Maybe they could cut down on the drone phase because its too easy to find the objective

I think thatd work better for secure. I love moving room to room when My team doesnt know where the objective is

Gaz_RB

Maybe they could cut down on the drone phase because its too easy to find the objective

Once you reach a certain level of play, drone phase isn't really about finding the objective. After you've spent a decent amount of time on the game, you'll find the objective very quickly every time. Drone phase is about gathering intel on what operators they're using, where they're focusing their defenses, where they're putting in murder holes/camping, and ultimately, if you can--sneaking a drone into a spot where you can see inside their defenses during the round.

Once you reach a certain level of play, drone phase isn't really about finding the objective. After you've spent a decent amount of time on the game, you'll find the objective very quickly every time. Drone phase is about gathering intel on what operators they're using, where they're focusing their defenses, where they're putting in murder holes/camping, and ultimately, if you can--sneaking a drone into a spot where you can see inside their defenses during the round.

That's true. Noticed some sneaky drone placements in our rooms.

I'm curious how different hardcore mode would be. Are u guys anticipating that mode?

Animator

This. It is hilarious people think drones are about finding the objective and you see the entire noob teams try to put all five of the drones into the objective room instead of getting intel on the whole map. It is way better to have your drones cover all possible approach and flanks than to be in the objective room. You can always send in a drone there later when you are close to the objective anyway.

iMax

I wish when a camera/drone gets shot out it would take it out of circulation. Hate seeing fuzzy screens when spectating.

This. It is hilarious people think drones are about finding the objective and you see the entire noob teams try to put all five of the drones into the objective room instead of getting intel on the whole map. It is way better to have your drones cover all possible approach and flanks than to be in the objective room. You can always send in a drone there later when you are close to the objective anyway.

Maybe I should stay away from Ranked for another few hours then lol

Im almost lvl 20

That's true. Noticed some sneaky drone placements in our rooms.

I'm curious how different hardcore mode would be. Are u guys anticipating that mode?

We had it on Hardcore mode during last thursday's game, didn't really much difference..
Doesn't affect my gameplay. I only rely on my own crosshair the compass, the bullet counter, the score above and the amount of players remaining.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I have such terrible luck with randoms in ranked recently. Just people picking absolutely shite spots to defend for reasons entirely beyond me and then literally all 5 defenders leaving the room. Granted, I'm guilty of that too as I like to roam, but I feel like if you're in ranked you should know broadly what spots to avoid. And just general terribleness. I'm Alt-f4ing this game out of frustration far too often of late.

I have such terrible luck with randoms in ranked recently. Just people picking absolutely shite spots to defend for reasons entirely beyond me and then literally all 5 defenders leaving the room. Granted, I'm guilty of that too as I like to roam, but I feel like if you're in ranked you should know broadly what spots to avoid. And just general terribleness. I'm Alt-f4ing this game out of frustration far too often of late.

We had a Glaz yesterday who was horrible.

When attacking, both sets of objectives in the mansion were on the lower levels...so he gets in the outer deck and "covers" the second floor the entire round.

When defending, he rushed upstairs alone (which I recognize is a viable tactic) and kept getting killed.

I had my best round with Glaz last night. 4 kill round hanging upside down looking throw a semi-broken out window. The collateral fire from myself and other operators allowed a wall to slowly damage up murder holes which gave me a view into the next room down the hall from my same repelling spot and just stood still and killed 4 of their 5 team members. Glaz's scope is medium zoom at best, so it can still be very effective at medium to medium-close range. I do love when an objective lines up with a breachable surface and I can set a charge, retreat far back in the outside of the map, and just snipe into a room.

Animator

I'm close to buying the season pass and this would be the first one I've ever bought.

It is honestly only worth it if you care about getting all new operators day 1, unlocked. All other benefits are lame. If you are on pc check gmg and cdkeys for discounts on the season pass. Don't pay full price.

Evolved1

Those skins aren't up on PS4. Wonder when that will happen.

Does ranked take forever to match because there arent enough players? Or is it juat broken?

Literally waiting on 1 more guy for the past 2 minutes

Wth? Got kicked in the matchmaking screen

arimanius

It is honestly only worth it if you care about getting all new operators day 1, unlocked. All other benefits are lame. If you are on pc check gmg and cdkeys for discounts on the season pass. Don't pay full price.

Unfortunately I play on the PS4 so can't do cdkeys.

I know it's pretty much not worth it but I like the skins and if they can get the servers stable this is the most fun I've had for awhile with a game.

NEW patch 1.3 details! Server tick upgrade for consoles, permanent ban, no more outside exploit and more.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1370867-Patch-Notes-Update-1-3

GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
(Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13th)

HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
Updated the server tick rate for console users
With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.

ANTI-CHEATING IMPROVEMENTS
Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.

EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE
Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.

TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
(Live for PC on Jan. 13th, live for consoles on Jan. 20th)
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.

LEVEL DESIGN FIXES

Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).

ONLINE FIXES
Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for more information.
Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.

The Rainbow Six Siege Development Team

Genryu

Banned
Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)

giphy.gif

So, I guess I'm a little confused: is the improved tickrate coming to consoles tomorrow, or 1/20? Because 1.2 brought the improved tickrate to PC, and consoles get 1.2 tomorrow.

Not that I'll be too disappointed waiting a week--1.2 looks like it should bring matchmaking improvements, too, and other solid fixes.

Nope, the only way you can select it currently on PC is via ini files. The only way you will be able to is when they add it into the menu for selection.

Ah, bummer. I haven't had any issues with the wrong/bad datacenter being selected, luckily.

Evolved1

Now they need to let Tank deploy his MG wherever he pleases and I'll be happy.

Er..permaban? Is the system reliable?

So console has had no fixes? Im waiting a long time to get into ranked and am hoping it's not a case of low player count

Do you guys have go-to operators or can you be equally as efficient with anyone?

I've been having a hard time moving past the intermediate skill level in attack mode and I think it has to do with not knowing which operator to stick with. I feel like there's a lot less variation among attack operators than there are on defense.

I've been trying for weeks to use the breach charge whenever possible to try and obtain the Meat Wall trophy. Today, I started up a casual with no intentions and bam got it without thinking lol.

Man, these notes are kind of a mess, haha. So, tomorrow, I understand that consoles are getting this portion of 1.3:

GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
(Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13th)

HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
Updated the server tick rate for console users
With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.

ANTI-CHEATING IMPROVEMENTS
Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.

EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE
We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.

As well as what was deployed in 1.2 for PC last week:
Matchmaking Improvements
Refining the quality of PVP matches with more evenly matched opponents
Added a criteria that increases the odds of pre-made parties being matched against a squad with an equal number of pre-made parties within them.
Skill criterion originating from the player’s region is now more precise.

Improved connectivity to PVP and PVE matches
Increased match quality by ensuring players using the same data center get matched together, leading to better ping.
Improved accuracy of the estimated waiting time while in lobby.

Sound right?

manhack

Er..permaban? Is the system reliable?

So console has had no fixes? Im waiting a long time to get into ranked and am hoping it's not a case of low player count

i saw a rep claim there have been no false positives. You would have to be god like to even get flagged I would think

My only concern is that insta-kill when you go into the restricted zone. I've had times (mostly in the garage of the mansion) where I'm reinforcing the garage doors and the big "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED OUTSIDE" pops up on my screen. Hope that won't trigger it.

Evolved1

My only concern is that insta-kill when you go into the restricted zone. I've had times (mostly in the garage of the mansion) where I'm reinforcing the garage doors and the big "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED OUTSIDE" pops up on my screen. Hope that won't trigger it.
Yeah, I get that a lot. But you must be outside for two seconds to actually be "detected".

Top Bottom