• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

KodaRuss

Cant get into any ranked game. Even if the team fills up, it just hangs there

Will this be fixed for ps4 tomorrow?

I have had some trouble getting into ranked games recently. Pretty much just stuck to Casual unless I am in a group. Groups of 5 find teams a lot quicker it seems.

Nvm got in! So is tickrate going to improve the hit detection or something?

Basically, yeah. I think BF4 at launch was something like < 20Hz tickrate. In Spring-ish 2015, they introduced a 60 or 75Hz tickrate. Now, I think they even have tickrates at 120Hz on some servers, or maybe that's just still in testing...

The higher the better, generally (I think CS:GO is at 128Hz), but even when BF4 jumped to 60Hz, DICE actually had to *decrease* time-to-kill by one bullet, across the board for all weapons, simply because the improved netcode resulted in firefights being over much more quickly due to the improved latency.

Shooting should feel more accurate/responsive, less BS killcam deaths, and less kill-trading.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Nvm got in! So is tickrate going to improve the hit detection or something?
Yes, kind of.

I recommend watching YouTube user Battle(non)Sense and his video explanations of all the jargon you hear thrown around in most mp conversation.

Yeah, my brother loves playing as Pulse. I'm starting to appreciate some of the more "niche" operators more. Pulse is great, Twitch can kill or finish off really wounded operators, Montagne is great as a cornerstone for an advance, etc.

Still don't know when the fuck I'd bother using IQ, though. Jaeger has the best defender weapon, too, but just not a fan of his device, either.

EDIT: Via reddit, happy birthday, Ding Chavez!

PPzmlCZ.jpg

Would LOVE to see him (and Santiago and Weber) added as operators.

arimanius

So, I guess I'm a little confused: is the improved tickrate coming to consoles tomorrow, or 1/20? Because 1.2 brought the improved tickrate to PC, and consoles get 1.2 tomorrow.

Not that I'll be too disappointed waiting a week--1.2 looks like it should bring matchmaking improvements, too, and other solid fixes.

Ah, bummer. I haven't had any issues with the wrong/bad datacenter being selected, luckily.

Tick rate gets updated tomorrow along with the permanent ban and exploit fix.

Man, these notes are kind of a mess, haha. So, tomorrow, I understand that consoles are getting this portion of 1.3:

As well as what was deployed in 1.2 for PC last week:

Sound right?

That's correct. Consoles get the 3 things and 1.2 fixes tomorrow.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Great news about the patch!

Pulse has definitely become my most used defender. He can completely dominate uncoordinated teams or teams that aren't partied up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgnJwFWgMCM

Not to diminish your tactics, but those people were potatoes, lol. That IQ especially, if they had half a brain they'd have shot you through the wooden wall (which you also could have done). That's unranked I'm guessing?

Not to diminish your tactics, but those people were potatoes, lol. That IQ especially, if they had half a brain they'd have shot you through the wooden wall (which you also could have done). That's unranked I'm guessing?

Still, that's basically how Pulse is used. We use it to figure out where they might be breaching/approaching from--just constantly checking the room/area while the team adjusts as needed.

But yeah, blasting through the wall using Pulse is damned satisfying, either with your primary or nitro.

How would they have known here was there? Can IQ detect Pulse's device? Even so, what about the others?

NeoGiff

Yeah, a lot of it was because they were terrible. The only reason I didn't shoot through the wall was because there were four of them in there and I'd be opening a direct line of sight to myself if I did. I figured it'd be better to funnel them. Yeah, it was unranked haha.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Great news about the patch!

Pulse has definitely become my most used defender. He can completely dominate uncoordinated teams or teams that aren't partied up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgnJwFWgMCM
Nice. You know you can tap triangle to switch directly, immediately to your primary instead of waiting for the animation for him to stow the HBS?

Pulse also yells "Deploying heart beat sensor!" that an enemy can hear. I've heard it many times as the attacker. Once when he was the only defender remaining. lol

NeoGiff

Nice. You know you can tap triangle to switch directly, immediately to your primary instead of waiting for the animation for him to stow the HBS?

I actually didn't know that. The switching animation has got me killed a few times, so that's invaluable to know. Thanks!

How's the ranked community for PC looking these days? I was trying to play earlier and it took well over two minutes to find a game. Disconnected at the end of it and got the same teammates while searching.

Animator

How's the ranked community for PC looking these days? I was trying to play earlier and it took well over two minutes to find a game. Disconnected at the end of it and got the same teammates while searching.

It is fine. We never have trouble finding a game any time of the day. This game has like 13k concurrent players on steam alone, userbase is alive and well.

edit: are you trying to play in ranked solo? People don't go into ranked unless they have a full team so your wait will be long if you go in solo.

T-hunt really needs dedicated servers, I'm tired of people catching feelings and leaving cause they die:/

I hate how that mode seems like such an afterthought.

ghost99

Banned
Finally got posting abilities, yay

Anyways, redboxed this game thinking it would suck.

I bought it the next day and havent stopped playing since, i think im like level 40 now, and unlocked all the operators. I mostly played terrorist hunt, but am getting into the 5v5 now, on ps4 if anyone wants to play a casual game

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR ASK ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PSN ID TO THE REQUEST FOR A FAVORITES GROUP INVITE!

THE COMMUNITY IS 110+ STRONG AND GROWING!

THE FAVORITES CHAT IS UP TO 40+ NEOGAF ONLY PEEPS!

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

KodaRuss

Finally got posting abilities, yay

Anyways, redboxed this game thinking it would suck.

I bought it the next day and havent stopped playing since, i think im like level 40 now, and unlocked all the operators. I mostly played terrorist hunt, but am getting into the 5v5 now, on ps4 if anyone wants to play a casual game

That was me as well. Rented on Redbox thinking I have to at least try it and bought it 24 hours later. Love it

Hey guys Siege worth $40 on PC? Also how will this run on a 970?

What kind of mp games do you like?

I was very hesitant after thinking the beta was just okay

But the final game really clicks. I love slow games where teamwork is necessary. Its communication driven, and simply requires a great mix of lying down, crouching, walking, listening, playing mind games, etc

Id say its definitely worth $40. Especially since DLC mapd are free

RobNBanks

Banned
Hey guys Siege worth $40 on PC? Also how will this run on a 970?

runs fine on a 970. if i max out everything i get like 40fps, turning down shadows a notch gets like 75-80

but i think the game looks like shit regardless of settings so i just turn everything to low and play with 200fps

What kind of mp games do you like?

I was very hesitant after thinking the beta was just okay

But the final game really clicks. I love slow games where teamwork is necessary. Its communication driven, and simply requires a great mix of lying down, crouching, walking, listening, playing mind games, etc

Id say its definitely worth $40. Especially since DLC mapd are free

Sounds pretty good. How are the maps? I have only played the beta maps.

I just got this game for $20 on PS4. I have no one to play it with though and this game seems like it needs communication for anything productive to get done. Is there a PS4 community group or clan to play with?

RobNBanks

Banned
wanted to play article 5 since i read how cool it was

gotta matchmake for it but matchmaking is dead for obvious reasons.

why do developers do this?

Top Bottom