• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

manhack

runs fine on a 970. if i max out everything i get like 40fps, turning down shadows a notch gets like 75-80

but i think the game looks like shit regardless of settings so i just turn everything to low and play with 200fps

LOL I think the game looks great. I run most things High shadows/shaders medium on my 780ti with G-sync @ 70-100 FPS and it is smooth as butter.

BTW the patch for PC and consoles will be deployed at those times:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, January 13th. This will impact all platforms at different times. Outage times are as follows:
PC: 9:30-10:15am EST
PS4: 10:00-10:45am EST
XB1: 10:30-11:15am EST

iMax

Encountered a weird (and worrying) bug last night. A member of the enemy attack team spawned in our defence room at the same time we did, and killed a bunch of us.

When we realised what was happening, we took him down—and it was recorded as a team kill!

Weird.

Won a 2 vs 5 last night after my buddies had to go and the randoms decided to leave. Will post the video up here soon, I was only able to capture the last two rounds, but those were the only two rounds that mattered anyway.

They weren't bad players either. By round 4 I was on 2 kills 1 death, and their best player was on 8:2. Though I had to switch to the M10 shotgun to make it happen.

Siddiqui

Patch 1.3 is live now on PC it seems. Fixes a game breaking exploit. Hoping to come across gold ranked players that play like bronze ranked for some reason :p

KodaRuss

I hope one of the DLC maps is a skyscraper or something where you start on the top floor as attackers and have to go down like the Die Hard skyscraper. Saw someone suggest that on Reddit.

It would be sweet as hell to rappel down a building that is 100 stories up or something.

Fuck me, I can't believe how deep this game got its hooks in me. Even with all the server issues and other complaints I have about how the game is setup, it is the only game I want to play and things like the season pass are becoming more tempting, just to have more dumb shit to customize. Ugh. Curse you Ubisoft. Well, on the plus side. I don't feel the need to do something foolish like pre-order the Division now because I am getting my post Destiny shooter fix with Siege. I have a feeling Divisions launch will be even more troubled.

wanted to play article 5 since i read how cool it was

gotta matchmake for it but matchmaking is dead for obvious reasons.

why do developers do this?

Even though the cinematic wasn't anything special. The mere notion that the mission had a purpose was enjoyable. I hope they release content similar in that we are going in with a purpose and not just a Terrorist hunt

Fuck me, I can't believe how deep this game got its hooks in me. Even with all the server issues and other complaints I have about how the game is setup, it is the only game I want to play and things like the season pass are becoming more tempting, just to have more dumb shit to customize. Ugh. Curse you Ubisoft. Well, on the plus side. I don't feel the need to do something foolish like pre-order the Division now because I am getting my post Destiny shooter fix with Siege. I have a feeling Divisions launch will be even more troubled.

kinda how i feel but im gonna get the beta for the division just to try it out but this kinda came out of nowhere and is really putting my plans to get the division in question lol.

NeoGiff

The servers seem to be fucked again after the latest patch on PS4. I had one horribly unenjoyable game with overenthusiastic randoms, and now the servers are unreachable.

I hope one of the DLC maps is a skyscraper or something where you start on the top floor as attackers and have to go down like the Die Hard skyscraper. Saw someone suggest that on Reddit.

It would be sweet as hell to rappel down a building that is 100 stories up or something.

Or something like Dredd, where there is an open courtyard in the middle of the apartment building.

5DQjea0.jpg

dredd_atrium.jpg

I bought two copies for my brothers :-| Tryna spread that gospel.

I bought two copies for my brothers :-| Tryna spread that gospel.

This is the point I am quickly reaching. I really want some of my IRL friends to pick this up. My Destiny peeps aren't doing shit right now and my PC shooter friends are just playing CS:GO but they sound like they are tiring of it when we play Rocket League together. I just need to put the game in someone else's hand who will preach to the group.

Drewfonse

Same. Game is preposterously addictive.

Just watched some PC gameplay.... It couldn't be more different from how it's played on Xbox/PS4.

Sounds like the patch is out for PS4, hopefully it's dropped for the Xbox as well.

This is the point I am quickly reaching. I really want some of my IRL friends to pick this up. My Destiny peeps aren't doing shit right now and my PC shooter friends are just playing CS:GO but they sound like they are tiring of it when we play Rocket League together. I just need to put the game in someone else's hand who will preach to the group.

It's a shame, because I've played it with some friends and because it didn't immediately *click* and/or they lost a lot of their first rounds, they get frustrated and don't want to try it again.

It really is a game that pits wits vs wits, which is why winning is so satisfying.

Just watched some PC gameplay.... It couldn't be more different from how it's played on Xbox/PS4.

Sounds like the patch is out for PS4, hopefully it's dropped for the Xbox as well.

Yeah, it's played SO much faster, kinda crazy.

EDIT: reddit reporting patch is out on PS4. Still early, of course, but one PS4 player said casual matchmaking was fast. Hasn't tried ranked yet.

hopefully I can do 4 man premade ranked matches now, everytime we try we get the 'searching for player' on the 'finding enemy team' screen, sooo frustrating :p

The game is a blast though, def getting my moneys worth and then some out of it :)

Valkrai

It's a shame, because I've played it with some friends and because it didn't immediately *click* and/or they lost a lot of their first rounds, they get frustrated and don't want to try it again.

It really is a game that pits wits vs wits, which is why winning is so satisfying.

Yeah, it's played SO much faster, kinda crazy.

EDIT: reddit reporting patch is out on PS4. Still early, of course, but one PS4 player said casual matchmaking was fast. Hasn't tried ranked yet.

Yeah, players on PC can be crazy good. Ran into a few clans already on it, it can be fun to play against teams over a bunch of randoms.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
wanted to play article 5 since i read how cool it was

gotta matchmake for it but matchmaking is dead for obvious reasons.

why do developers do this?
It's not dead. Article 5 kicks you into regular Terrorist Hunt matchmaking to fill the slots. The first time I was played University was in Hunt. I was like wtf is this? Spoiled it a bit, honestly. But people in mm don't see the cinematic.

So you can play article 5 any time. People in Hunt probably won't mind the change up. Too bad it's only defuse, and bombs are always in the same location.

So you can play article 5 any time. People in Hunt probably won't mind the change up. Too bad it's only defuse, and bombs are always in the same location.

The bombs change up locations. I think there are two possible sets of locations for them. Sometimes one of them has been in the library, sometimes not, for me.

arimanius

It's not dead. Article 5 kicks you into regular Terrorist Hunt matchmaking to fill the slots. The first time I was played University was in Hunt. I was like wtf is this? Spoiled it a bit, honestly. But people in mm don't see the cinematic.

I've played it twice times and the bombs were in two different locations.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Huh. Guess I was just unlucky then. I've done A5 a few times now. Always the same.
Edit: lol great comic.

I had no idea Ubisoft had such an extensive issues and priorities list setup on their forums.
It's really nice to see that they've taken note of so many of the issues, how much progress has been made in resolving the bugs and a general time frame as to when we can expect the fixes and changes to be deployed across PC and consoles.

Major kudos to them!

Edit: I'm probably late on this but seriously, it's impressed me quite a bit.

I had no idea Ubisoft had such an extensive issues and priorities list setup on their forums.
It's really nice to see that they've taken note of so many of the issues, how much progress has been made in resolving the bugs and a general time frame as to when we can expect the fixes and changes to be deployed across PC and consoles.

Major kudos to them!

It's fantastic. DICE has been offensively tight-lipped about Battlefront's issues, by comparison.

Gaz_RB

Major kudos to them!

Yeah Ubisoft is really knocking it out of the park in regards to post release support. They started with the free maps and operators, and they're continuing with how they listen and react to the community with patches and communications. They really seem to be in it for the long haul rather than just getting as much money as they can and then running.

Yeah Ubisoft is really knocking it out of the park in regards to post release support. They started with the free maps and operators, and they're continuing with how they listen and react to the community with patches and communications. They really seem to be in it for the long haul rather than just getting as much money as they can and then running.

I wouldn't say knocking it out of the park as we went quite a while without any updates or information on upcoming patches(which I assume was due to holiday breaks) AND they pushed the characters and level releases back a month. BUT, I will say that I can appreciate the openness of their game in the the way they are acknowledging issues and are being pretty upfront about them. If this is an indication of a new direction Ubi is taking I'm completely okay with that. They have an incredible game on their hands and they just need to continue nurturing it.

Gaz_RB

I wouldn't say knocking it out of the park as we went quite a while without any updates or information on upcoming patches(which I assume was due to holiday breaks) AND they pushed the characters and level releases back a month. BUT, I will say that I can appreciate the openness of their game in the the way they are acknowledging issues and are being pretty upfront about them. If this is an indication of a new direction Ubi is taking I'm completely okay with that. They have an incredible game on their hands and they just need to continue nurturing it.

Haha I probably should have said " knocked it out of the park relative to other AAA FPS developers".

It does depend if they keep it up throughout "Season 1"...and even into Season 2, which seems to be implied.

Considering how Siege is set up, it makes sense they are putting so much love and care into it. But who cares? We need more developers willing to go the extra mile for the game.

Top Bottom