• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Plane sucks but it is pretty funny picking Montagne and watching the defenders just completely flail helplessly after missing their nitros or w/e. Shields absolutely destroy that map, which is why I don't like it. Shieldplay isn't engaging or fun but it's so powerful on some maps I feel it would be detrimental not to take them. I'd rather shields weren't in the game at all though.

Smoke is a required defender on plane, IMO. He's the best counter to shielded attackers.

Just saw they added the HUD to ranked. Huh.

Also just saw they didn't patch the glitch to leave as defenders. Good job ubi smh

What's your platform? Pretty sure that's only fixed for PC this week, or is supposed to. Coming to consoles next week.

Actually, checked forums and looks like there is a new way to exploit it: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...o-Outside-During-Prep-Phase-(Red-Wall)/page3?

Unclear how many people reporting it are on PC or not. Some PS4 players "reporting" it :-|

Klyka

Banned
It's patched on PC, you'll be instakilled if you try it.

Not done yet on console.

actually, the glitch is fixed on PC, the insta kill is not enabled yet. The insta kill was enabled on XB1 and if it works to their satisfaction they turn it on on PC and PS4

HiiiLife

I'm on PS4. And the first match I played on here since taking a break a dude glitched out the plane and mowed me down. Sighhhhhh.

I've had my sensitivity set perfect and I dunno why but my controls feel off after this update. Maybe I'm too drunk lol.

Valkrai

actually, the glitch is fixed on PC, the insta kill is not enabled yet. The insta kill was enabled on XB1 and if it works to their satisfaction they turn it on on PC and PS4

Ok, thanks for explaining that. I thought it was still accessible just that you would die.

Animator

I haven't found too much use for Pulse playing with people. He can give intel but his UMP is atrocious. Even then, if you have roamers or use cams effectively, you can pretty much cut out Pulse.

You don't use his UMP, you use the shotgun he has which is the best in the game. The whole point of the character is to kill people from beyond cover where they dont expect it. You can shoot and kill people walking in the room above you from below, you can c4 castle barricades when people come to breach them, you can pinpoint where people are rappeling outside so nobody gets shot from windows.

Cameras and roamers? really? What kind of scrub teams are you playing against that don't destroy cameras the first thing when a round starts? And roamers will never be able to give the intel pulse can give. A roamer can only cover one section of the map where as pulse doesnt need line of sight and has 360 degree coverage.

Valkrai

You don't use his UMP, you use the shotgun he has which is the best in the game. The whole point of the character is to kill people from beyond cover where they dont expect it. You can shoot and kill people walking in the room above you from below, you can c4 castle barricades when people come to breach them, you can pinpoint where people are rappeling outside so nobody gets shot from windows.

Cameras and roamers? really? What kind of scrub teams are you playing against that don't destroy cameras the first thing when a round starts? And roamers will never be able to give the intel pulse can give. A roamer can only cover one section of the map where as pulse doesnt need line of sight and has 360 degree coverage.

Usually in ranked it's randos but there have been clans that usually only shoot the outside or only if the cam spots them. Even then, roamers are extremely effective. The heartbeat sensor is piss poor and even then most Pulse players are not team oriented, mostly only after improving stats. Roamers are much more useful than Pulse in most situations, especially people like Smoke or Doc who are great roamers.

Edit: In my experience as well, very rarely or never in good NA teams have I seen a Pulse used, they either take Jager, Rook, Smoke, Mute, Doc, or even Kapkan. Those are the most important and effective operators. Some of them even great lurkers.

thenexus6

It's cool but I can see why, the soundtrack is suitable for the game, but it's very limited in what it intends to achieve as a result. It's like offering the soundtrack to a game like Call of Duty. It's not quite an experience people typically remember for its soundtrack.

What I mean is the full soundtrack is 21 tracks, and its quite good. So I was surprised to only see 5, should've been named sample or something.

Klyka

Banned
What I mean is the full soundtrack is 21 tracks, and its quite good. So I was surprised to only see 5, should've been named sample or something.

I saw the full OST on Youtube and there are some damn fine tracks.
I still want the track from the Idris Elba commercial though. Sick.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Smoke is a required defender on plane, IMO. He's the best counter to shielded attackers.

I play Smoke a lot nowadays to counter shields, and because I like to roam. Also, his SMG secondary is SO GOOD holy shit, don't sleep on it. I always pick shotgun primary now, and I never did before I found out just how good that machine pistol is.

Plane sucks but it is pretty funny picking Montagne and watching the defenders just completely flail helplessly after missing their nitros or w/e. Shields absolutely destroy that map, which is why I don't like it. Shieldplay isn't engaging or fun but it's so powerful on some maps I feel it would be detrimental not to take them. I'd rather shields weren't in the game at all though.

Shields and shotguns :)

Anyone playing on Xbox one now? GT: Draughn

Animator

Usually in ranked it's randos but there have been clans that usually only shoot the outside or only if the cam spots them. Even then, roamers are extremely effective. The heartbeat sensor is piss poor and even then most Pulse players are not team oriented, mostly only after improving stats. Roamers are much more useful than Pulse in most situations, especially people like Smoke or Doc who are great roamers.

Edit: In my experience as well, very rarely or never in good NA teams have I seen a Pulse used, they either take Jager, Rook, Smoke, Mute, Doc, or even Kapkan. Those are the most important and effective operators. Some of them even great lurkers.

Are you guys on PC? cause I would love to do a custom match with you and your team.

Valkrai

I play Smoke a lot nowadays to counter shields, and because I like to roam. Also, his SMG secondary is SO GOOD holy shit, don't sleep on it. I always pick shotgun primary now, and I never did before I found out just how good that machine pistol is.

Yeah, his secondary is an absolute beast to use. Just a shame that it runs out so quickly.

Are you guys on PC? cause I would love to do a custom match with you and your team.

Yeah I'm on PC but I don't have a solid team yet. Mostly play with a few teams in premades (played with some Team Kraken and Hydra members and played against them, Cryo, eMp, and a few others)

Completely disagree about Pulse. If you have a good player who is actually communicating with the team, he's fantastic. Cameras can only cover so much and often don't directly cover an objective or the adjacent rooms.

The heartbeat sensor is great for roaming, too. Roaming is dangerous because you're alone and are TRYING to flank the enemy, but you can't really afford to use a camera. The sensor is a nice way to meet in the middle.

Intel in this game is probably one of THE most important factors when it comes to victory, and that's exactly what Pulse is designed to provide.

Valkrai

Completely disagree about Pulse. If you have a good player who is actually communicating with the team, he's fantastic. Cameras can only cover so much and often don't directly cover an objective or the adjacent rooms.

The heartbeat sensor is great for roaming, too. Roaming is dangerous because you're alone and are TRYING to flank the enemy, but you can't really afford to use a camera. The sensor is a nice way to meet in the middle.

Intel in this game is probably one of THE most important factors when it comes to victory, and that's exactly what Pulse is designed to provide.

I just find his heartbeat sensor incredibly shortranged plus if I roam, I'd rather take over someone like Smoke with his insane secondary or Doc (and just soundwhore people). Pulse does have some use, it's just that I don't like how badly he was nerfed with the sensor. That and his UMP is pretty underpowered at the moment.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I don't see many on my PC friends list on this game anymore. :(
Either I need an updated list or the PC community is going down? We need that DLC to hit to give us a boost.

Really want to pick this up for the PS4 to play, but don't feel comfortable paying the full retail price of $60.

Patiently waiting for a price drop or a good deal, would be fine with dropping $40 for this.

Honestly, as someone who is very bitter about paying $80 CAD for new games, I managed to get this game at $60 and felt immediate remorse for splurging.

I got this maybe 3 or 4 days ago and have already 24 hours played. I have no idea where the time went. I haven't experienced that kind of addictiveness for a MP shooter for a long, long time, and it's honestly quickly becoming my top 5 MP shooters ever.

Really want to pick this up for the PS4 to play, but don't feel comfortable paying the full retail price of $60.

Patiently waiting for a price drop or a good deal, would be fine with dropping $40 for this.

The game is going to be on sale this upcoming week at Best Buy according to the cheapassgamer forums. It'll be $50, but with the GCU discount, it'll be $40. I plan to finally pick it up.

I just find his heartbeat sensor incredibly shortranged plus if I roam, I'd rather take over someone like Smoke with his insane secondary or Doc (and just soundwhore people). Pulse does have some use, it's just that I don't like how badly he was nerfed with the sensor. That and his UMP is pretty underpowered at the moment.

The sensor's range is still good it's just the distant heartbeats were replaced with vibrations which isn't that much of a problem unless you have vibrations turned off or are playing on pc (I have no idea how that would work on pc so I'll just guess it doesn't)
Really I often hide outside the objective in a room quite distanced from the objective and use Pulse's best strengths to my advantege - his heartbeat sensor and his speed (plus cameras to know where they're actually coming from). This allows me to get enemies moving up to the objective when I'm downstairs on the sensor and pick them off one by one from behind. If I fuck up or they're expecting me I can just run away and re-flank them while they again aren't expecting it.
In short, Pulse is useful if you enjoy outsmarting your opponent

My squad and I did wonderful last night. We went 5-0 in casual and 2-0 on ranked. Everything was smooth and communication was tight except for when my friend tried to get the breach trophy and blew himself up in the process.

Still getting fucked with the 312 error code. It makes no damn sense and seems worse now than ever. I even got a 312 error code and it was just in the menu.

I'm with Telenor in Norway if that makes any difference. No acknowledgement of the error code by Ubisoft makes me think I'll never get it fixed :(

I wish they would stop the error codes and tell me what the reason for the DC is

NeoGiff

Anyone playing on PS4 right now? Add me - Spiffy_Giffy.

I've played a whole lot with my friends, but never with a GAF party.

The game is number 7 in the NPD for NA, i'm happy that the game is selling at least decently.

image.php

^ me, thinking of Siege 2

It'd be nice to have a Siege 2 but let's hope this game has long legs. It has potential to last a few years if Ubi takes care of it and the competitive portion takes off.

Oh, totally. Siege could have REALLY long legs if Ubi cares to support it. They seem pretty tuned into the community and, like another poster just said, word of mouth (plus support from prominent youtubers) has been great.

What's up with people defending in bomb only setting up one room and completely barricading themselves off from the other bomb? Really dumb. I hate being the only one defending one of the bombs and then having to break down barricades to get to the other one.

AND people not even attempting to complete the objective before the time runs out. Do they not realise we lose if that happens? At least try to grab the hostage, even if you die we were gonna lose anyway.

Had some great rounds tonight, but had 2-3 disconnects too :-/ Otherwise, pretty smooth. X1.

Also, why the hell don't I have the new jungle skins with my season pass? Are they just for a handful of weapons?

Top Bottom