• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

PS4 and feels like a lot of instant death without seeing a single shot but on their screen they emptied half a clip into me.

I can confirm this. Sometimes they shoot "around corners". I'm behind a wall, can't see the enemy and get killed. The replay shows him/her shooting at me in my line of sight.

But that' s not because of the patch.

This is by FAR the most intense hostage extraction me and my team ever had.
Crazy action, super close calls and some split second decision making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sYx4lYo9A

Absolutely fucking awesome.

heh_robin_hood_men_in_tights.gif

So how is the game on PC after 1.3?

Can we expect some good things for console?

I have definitely had times where enemies on killcam seem to have emptied a magazine into me, while feeling like Ive been headshotted

Animator

Siege dev on another forum posted:

Since were on the subject of shield users raking headshots with pinpoint accuracy without even being in full ADS.. well, enjoy it while it lasts.
-ubi dev

YESS!

Anyone else think kapkans tripwire drill is too obvious? I feel like there are so many ways to avoid it, and that screw that sticks out shouldnt be so obvious

Gaz_RB

Anyone else think kapkans tripwire drill is too obvious? I feel like there are so many ways to avoid it, and that screw that sticks out shouldnt be so obvious
Sort of balances out, IMO. It's meant to slow people down, serve as an alarm, and expose people rather than kill people. Obviously it's nice when you get a kill, but at higher level play it sort of changes its purpose.

Eh, I feel like that's the role of barbed wire

It sort of edges Kapkan out of the must choose operators. If IQ could identify equipment, itd be a better counter to a more buffed up Kapkan too

The tripwire works, as long as asshole castles don't install their barricade on them. I don't understand how Castles or Kapkans will double up on a door.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there aim assist on console for MP?
Menu says aim assist is only for terrorist hunt and not present in any other mode. Was surprised to see that... always assumed casual playlist would have it enabled by default.

Mimosa97

Guys. I need help.

I bought this game 2 weeks ago and I even joined the Gaf Community right after but I haven't touched the game since ... And today I finally decided to play the tutorials and I've difficultly completed 2 out of 10 hostage situations but I can't be bothered to do the rest.

Something isn't clicking. I like the setting, the tactical component but it's a hassle to play.

I bought this game on sale for 60CAD so it's really frustrating to waste money on a game like that.

What should I do ? Jump online with only a very rudimentary knowledge of gameplay mechanics and hope that it will click with me ?

They should totally add the map and game type to the operator select screen. Usually I'm browsing on my phone waiting for the game to start and miss it. Would be helpful when picking an operator.

Guys. I need help.

I bought this game 2 weeks ago and I even joined the Gaf Community right after but I haven't touched the game since ... And today I finally decided to play the tutorials and I've difficultly completed 2 out of 10 hostage situations but I can't be bothered to do the rest.

Something isn't clicking. I like the setting, the tactical component but it's a hassle to play.

I bought this game on sale for 60CAD so it's really frustrating to waste money on a game like that.

What should I do ? Jump online with only a very rudimentary knowledge of gameplay mechanics and hope that it will click with me ?

Probably worth finishing the situations to get a feel for it, but the meat is definitely in the multiplayer. So if you're bored of situations, unlock some operators and just jump in.

This game is so goddamn hard but damn it's good. Some of the best multiplayer I've played in years.

Guys. I need help.

Dude skip situations. I felt the same way: situations gave me a bad imoression

Then I went MP and was hooked. Got it less than a week ago and already put in 30 hours. I need help

The MP noticeably feels better-- buttery smooth 60 FPS compared to the 30 FPS of Situations

It's a joy to control at 60 FPS, and there is a lot to learn in MP, but Ive really enjoyed playing a game that has so much novelty to its MP.

Drewfonse

Guys. I need help.

The Situations are really helpful to gain insight into how to play the game, and for the renown they give, but in no way do they represent the intensity and awesomeness of the PvP. If you're bored with the Situations, just jump online. I played 3 of them before I started PvP. I kind of got my ass handed to me initially, but now I can usually hold my own. There are so many ways to contribute to a win in this game. I don't play with a mic, but if you do it'll probably speed up the training wheels phase of this game.

It's really, really fun. Give it a chance.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Siege dev on another forum posted:

Since were on the subject of shield users raking headshots with pinpoint accuracy without even being in full ADS.. well, enjoy it while it lasts.
-ubi dev

YESS!

So they are going to nerf again the shield operators?

Mimosa97

They should totally add the map and game type to the operator select screen. Usually I'm browsing on my phone waiting for the game to start and miss it. Would be helpful when picking an operator.

Probably worth finishing the situations to get a feel for it, but the meat is definitely in the multiplayer. So if you're bored of situations, unlock some operators and just jump in.

Dude skip situations. I felt the same way: situations gave me a bad imoression

Then I went MP and was hooked. Got it less than a week ago and already put in 30 hours. I need help

The MP noticeably feels better-- buttery smooth 60 FPS compared to the 30 FPS of Situations

It's a joy to control at 60 FPS, and there is a lot to learn in MP, but Ive really enjoyed playing a game that has so much novelty to its MP.

The Situations are really helpful to gain insight into how to play the game, and for the renown they give, but in no way do they represent the intensity and awesomeness of the PvP. If you're bored with the Situations, just jump online. I played 3 of them before I started PvP. I kind of got my ass handed to me initially, but now I can usually hold my own. There are so many ways to contribute to a win in this game. I don't play with a mic, but if you do it'll probably speed up the training wheels phase of this game.

It's really, really fun. Give it a chance.

Thanks guys !

I'm gonna boot the game now. Play one or two situations then move to multiplayer. I was close to deleting the game lol

Quick question : Why is it that when I use the drone to spot ennemies in the house, the icones end up fading ? It's pretty much useless to spend time exploring the house with the drone and scanning ennemies if I there's a time limit on the red icones.

It's not a matter of twitch (recall it's slower for everyone on console) so much as one of managing restrictive FOV.

Well, controlling recoil is generally a lot easier on PC. Just drag the aim back to where you want it to be, it doesn't have the same potential risk of overshot on console as it's a lot more contingent on you understanding the recoil pattern.

A lot of people joke that PC shooters are 'point and click adventures'. You just click on the opponents head and they die. Either way, it definitely feels like a much more direct process. Analogue sticks feel like a more indirect form of input, where it feels as though you control the character directly, whose aim is then represented by the cursor (cross-hair in this case). So you have go through the motion of moving your cursor over to them, whereas on PC, it's direct. Almost like a saccade from an eye movement.

On PC you don't really have to think anywhere near as much about the weapon your using and its recoil, as as long as your dragging your aim back to where you want it to go it's pretty simple, and you can control both vertical and horizontal recoil together quite easily. Horizontal recoil is what causes much of the weapons spread after recoil mediation on console, and the ability to control it more effectively on PC is part of what makes the weapons much more accurate.

Fov is certainly a factor too, but there are others. It's not just this game, generally people claim that recoil is a lot easier to control on a PC.

Is it crazy to say that I prefer console aiming then? I dont like the idea of playing something very twitchy and I very much enjoy worrying about my gun's recoil and imprecise shooting at certain ranges

Why dont they have separate recoil stats for consoles and PC? Would that help?

Btw does anyone bother using anything other than full auto shooting?

ghost99

Banned
i dunno, but the servers sucked shit last night

the most annoying part is it was kicking me out last round so i didnt even get xp or renown

Mimosa97

Quick question : Why is it that when I use the drone to spot ennemies in the house in singleplayer, the icones vanish after some time ? It's pretty much useless to spend time exploring the house with the drone and scanning ennemies if I there's a time limit on the red icones.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Quick question : Why is it that when I use the drone to spot ennemies in the house in singleplayer, the icones end up fading ? It's pretty much useless to spend time exploring the house with the drone and scanning ennemies if I there's a time limit on the red icones.

When you see the enemies it permanently shows the icon of who they are on the screen. It is very useful from a strategy perspective to know which operatives remain on the enemy team. You can also re-access your drone once the game starts. This means you should get your drone in the objective area unnoticed so you can access it and see enemy locations during infiltration.

wowzors

Do people cheat on pc or am I just really bad? I have a 0.48 kd with a .57 w/l ratio.

On ps4 I have a 3.31 kd with a 8.00 w/l ratio.

Evolved1

Quick question : Why is it that when I use the drone to spot ennemies in the house in singleplayer, the icones vanish after some time ? It's pretty much useless to spend time exploring the house with the drone and scanning ennemies if I there's a time limit on the red icones.
The icon is only last known position. It doesn't "mark" them like other games. After a few seconds, it's old information.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Do people cheat on pc or am I just really bad? I have a 0.48 kd with a .57 w/l ratio.

PC cheaters usually stay in ranked.
You have to remember you will see a whole different caliber of player on PC. Most that are serious about being competitive wouldn't dream getting a game like this on a console.

I think something is up with silenced weapons and hit detection. I experienced the same thing last night where I was positive I got the drop on someone but I died of ohk headshot just as I started to shoot, or so it seemed. However, on the kill cam they had already dumped half a clip in me and it wasn't showing as a head shot either. This seemed to happen when being shot with silenced weapons. I was being shot as far as the server and op for was concerned but from my view there was nothing. This kept causing me to think I had an extra split second to line up shots because they were just sitting there peeking on my screen but in reality they were unloading on my ass and I was just sitting there. This never happened last week and it seemed to happen a ton last night. My ping was great all night and no other issues than this weird OHK but actually full mag situation.

Valkrai

The level of play on PC vs Console is very different.

Also cheaters.

Higher level of skill in the PC version. There may be some wallers but that's mainly in ranked and only seen a small few.

(One imitating a streamer got banned by Fairfight prior to the new update and it was great.)

Valkrai

What's the line on the season pass. Worth picking up?

Do you mind getting the operators a week later than SP owners and having to get 25,000 renown to unlock them?

If you don't want that, you can buy the pass and get all of the new ops immediately on release and some skins (+600 Rainbow Credits).

Only ran into 2 obvious cheaters in 100+ hours on PC. I think the killcam being unreliable and the fast TTK in this game leads to people calling hax faster than normal, and the nature of it being an intel based game where you can see a dude shoot you when he shouldn't have known you were there but not know he had a teammate in his ear perfectly guiding him.

Animator

In my 130+ hours in this game I ran into one cheater on pc. I probably ran into 20000 false cheating accusations, mostly aimed at us. "There is no fucking way you could have known I was there!" being the most common, well yes I wouldn't have except you havent moved since you killed my teammate and he told me where you are in voice chat.

So yea, no offense but you are probably bad. You should come party up with us on discord. Don't play solo on pc.

Discord link for voice chat: https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdfySkLp

Fucking love this game. Had a squad of 3-4 friends today, won more often than not.

Is there a stats site for Siege?

Everytime I see black security cameras I want to take them out

Last time I felt that way was when I used to play the shit out of BC2. One day I looked out my bedroom window at another building and thought I could launch a grenade up there :-|

Evolved1

Fucking love this game. Had a squad of 3-4 friends today, won more often than not.

Is there a stats site for Siege?

Last time I felt that way was when I used to play the shit out of BC2. One day I looked out my bedroom window at another building and thought I could launch a grenade up there :-|
Official site has pretty extensive stat tracking. Not like what we've had for the Battlefield games, but still quite a bit of info.

In my 130+ hours in this game I ran into one cheater on pc. I probably ran into 20000 false cheating accusations, mostly aimed at us. "There is no fucking way you could have known I was there!" being the most common, well yes I wouldn't have except you havent moved since you killed my teammate and he told me where you are in voice chat.

So yea, no offense but you are probably bad. You should come party up with us on discord. Don't play solo on pc.

Discord link for voice chat: https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdfySkLp

Animator is a cheater though. Or at the very least, a traitor.

Top Bottom