• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Is there a way to add people to the squad straight from the NeoGAF chat thing? Or add them as friends from it? Or do I have to write down their names?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Is there a way to add people to the squad straight from the NeoGAF chat thing? Or add them as friends from it? Or do I have to write down their names?
You should be able to app people to the squad via chat IF youve made it a favorites group.

Otherwise its just a chat!

Good games, fun to play with you all, even if I'm getting my ticket punched early. I should have left after my one good show of a 1 v 2 win, just for the high note!

Vintage

Hi guys,

How's population on PC in Europe? How's communication, since this is very team-based?

I kinda want to buy this, but I'm afraid that there won't be enough players or nobody's gonna use their mic, ruining the point of the game.

Hi guys,

How's population on PC in Europe? How's communication, since this is very team-based?

I kinda want to buy this, but I'm afraid that there won't be enough players or nobody's gonna use their mic, ruining the point of the game.

In Canada on PC, most people seem to be using their microphones. It's probably one of the best communities I've played with so far.

Speaking of which, anyone else down to play sometime?

Thoughts on Tachanka? His turret looks cool but idk how useful it is without mobility.

You can get some really great angles but it depends on 1.) which map you're on and 2.) where the opposition comes from. It's a gamble and he's not the only operator like that. Smoke's first bomb can easily go to waste if the enemy doesn't go past it.

iMax

Apparently Tom Clancy was very against having players be able to play as terrorists, so instead it's CTU vs CTU.

Are you sure? Because it was CTU vs Terrorists in the E3 demo and I think he died before the game was announced.

what's the player count on ps4? i bought it but haven't opened and have til tomorrow to return it. hearing of mm issues is scaring me off...don't want another halo mcc

essemdub

I just find his heartbeat sensor incredibly shortranged plus if I roam, I'd rather take over someone like Smoke with his insane secondary or Doc (and just soundwhore people). Pulse does have some use, it's just that I don't like how badly he was nerfed with the sensor. That and his UMP is pretty underpowered at the moment.

I'm curious - the UMP being underpowered seems to be the popular opinion at the moment, but I've not had any problems with it. Pulse is my most played / highest-performing operator at the moment and the UMP has been doing well for me. What's the argument for it being bad? Is it a relative thing or is there some flaw I'm not noticing? I swap between the M1014 and the UMP depending on the map.

Guess those new skins aren't for Season Pass holders :( Kinda weak.

Smoke's first bomb can easily go to waste if the enemy doesn't go past it.

I don't even think you should try using Smoke's grenades as proactive booby traps, TBH, and instead should use them reactively, for the reason you just stated. Far too often the trap won't be used, so you'll either have to waste it or risk picking it up.

Instead, use it to contain the enemy. Rounds are time-based, after all--the smoke can help hold them off and give you some breathing room.

I watched this one video that noted, with the game's HDR lighting, you can see THROUGH smoke against a bright sky, but attackers can't see in against a darker room. Really useful on the plane map if you're trying to prevent them from entering a room that's near an entrance.

what's the player count on ps4? i bought it but haven't opened and have til tomorrow to return it. hearing of mm issues is scaring me off...don't want another halo mcc
Mm works fine. It's not like MCC. However it might take some time, so back out and search again. It's Ubisoft so I feel like the servers can be "buggy" at first. Just restarting the search tends to solve it.

Valkrai

I'm curious - the UMP being underpowered seems to be the popular opinion at the moment, but I've not had any problems with it. Pulse is my most played / highest-performing operator at the moment and the UMP has been doing well for me. What's the argument for it being bad? Is it a relative thing or is there some flaw I'm not noticing? I swap between the M1014 and the UMP depending on the map.

It's mostly that there are much superior SMGs that you can use. It's not completely awful but the gun gets destroyed by most other weapons.

I'd love to have an ACOG sight for the UMP, it'd improve it a bit for me but it needs some work done.

Edit: I LOVE the ACOG sight in this game, excellent for long range.

essemdub

It's mostly that there are much superior SMGs that you can use. It's not completely awful but the gun gets destroyed by most other weapons.

I'd love to have an ACOG sight for the UMP, it'd improve it a bit for me but it needs some work done.

That's fair. I've finally gotten to the point where I feel I "get" the game so I'm trying to improve on decision making at the load-out screen. Combining it with a suppressor has done well for me in close-quarters flanking.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

you must be a pc player...

Evolved1

Yup, I play on PC lol

Playstyles are definitely different than I see on the console.
No, we just have to ADS if we want to lean. So the heavy zoom on that optic makes leaning in CQB pretty risky. So much area you can't see.

Idk, I can't use it. Gets me killed more than it helps. I have it on twitch's semi, but then I have to hang back and let others pie corners while I try and manage the longer sightlines.

Yeah, the RDS sights seem to reign supreme on console. Wish we could use that Russian optic for all guns :-| It's so much better than any of the other close quarters sights.

Valkrai

No, we just have to ADS if we want to lean. So the heavy zoom on that optic makes leaning in CQB pretty risky. So much area you can't see.

Idk, I can't use it. Gets me killed more than it helps. I have it on twitch's semi, but then I have to hang back and let others pie corners while I try and manage the longer sightlines.

Oh that's interesting to here. I actually didn't know lean was only in ADS, weird for Ubi to do that. At least in the PC version, I've seen the ACOG be more prevalent compared to other sights (I do see a decent amount of Holo sights though). I don't know, I used to use red dots and holographic but the zoom was too small for me so I made the switch.

ESL seems to be testing their Wire anti-cheat soon for Siege, which seems to be good. Hopefully it goes well for their first test cup.

manhack

you must be a pc player...

hehe...ACOG on PC is amazing once you get the feel of it. I still run Holo scope on one or 2 operators to have the option available, but the 2.5 zoom from ACOG is hand on every map when you get in mid to long range engagements.

I could see how it is a bit too twitch of a scope for console though.

ACOG + pistol grip + compensator makes so many of the weapons way too accurate on PC. Glaz's actual sniper rifle gets outclassed by SMGs and other small caliber/short barrel weapons. Full auto also has almost zero downside with how low or controllable you can make the recoil. When on full auto, the first shot should not always be dead center of your scope with these shorter barrel weapons. You should have to switch over to semi auto. I see no reason to ever switch to semi auto fire as it stands, and there is no reason to ever not have a pistol grip. At least the compensator has a trade off with two other attachments. I would really like to see a little more depth with the load outs.

Evolved1

Yeah, the RDS sights seem to reign supreme on console. Wish we could use that Russian optic for all guns :-| It's so much better than any of the other close quarters sights.
Yup. But I don't expect they'll let us. It would basically amount to the devs admitting that all the optics (save one) are useless crap that to some extent actually hinder gameplay. Harsh, but true.

Siege has the worst optics of any fps in recent memory. Tbh they need a complete rework.

hehe...ACOG on PC is amazing once you get the feel of it. I still run Holo scope on one or 2 operators to have the option available, but the 2.5 zoom from ACOG is hand on every map when you get in mid to long range engagements.

I could see how it is a bit too twitch of a scope for console though.

It's not a matter of twitch (recall it's slower for everyone on console) so much as one of managing restrictive FOV.

Glaz sniping from a crane outside the plane. Everyone on the team proning to not get hit by him. I peak outside through a door towards basement with the smg-11 with acog. Tap fired. First bullet was a headshot. God damn!

Really cool tactic I saw earlier was that in hostage rescue a sniper shot the hostage to bring me out and I almost fell for it lol But instinct got the better of me and realized the opposing team would lose that round if they let the hostage bleed out and die.

The community seriously is really great. People apologizing for accidental TK's. People supporting teammates, and not getting angry at teammates for not winning. Feels so good.

Too bad I saw some popular Youtube asshole do a troll video where he TK's people in the game.

Please Ubisoft, ban those people for life. They make money griefing games like COD and then jump on to a game like R6 to simply TK.

iMax

Encountered another strange glitch. Hereford Base on Night is now lit up with what must be some sort of nuclear-powered flare. It's blinding and really hard to look at—inside and outside the building.

Not just me, either. Spoke with others in the same match and they saw the same thing.

Gaz_RB

Are you sure? Because it was CTU vs Terrorists in the E3 demo and I think he died before the game was announced.

I think this was also before they came up with the Operator idea. I can see how that idea would sort of nullify the ability to face terrorists.

Glaz sniping from a crane outside the plane. Everyone on the team proning to not get hit by him. I peak outside through a door towards basement with the smg-11 with acog. Tap fired. First bullet was a headshot. God damn!

I was there for this beautiful thing. I'll tell my children of your legend.

iMax

I think this was also before they came up with the Operator idea. I can see how that idea would sort of nullify the ability to face terrorists.

It would've been interesting if they had terrorist organisations in the game. I'm not sure how they could handle it without it being a little tasteless, but I assume those conversations happened.

Perhaps as fictional organisations within the Tom Clancy universe? That could've worked pretty well.

Gaz_RB

It would've been interesting if they had terrorist organisations in the game. I'm not sure how they could handle it without it being a little tasteless, but I assume those conversations happened.

Perhaps as fictional organisations within the Tom Clancy universe? That could've worked pretty well.

Yeah I mean they could have expanded on the White Mask terror organization that is in TerroHunt. They could have given them all different cool abilities, just like the CTUs. But I really like the spotlights they put on the different countries and their units, rather than glorifying terrorists with character bio's, unique abilities, etc. Not really a very Tom Clancy thing to do.

But deep, deep down I kind of wish there was character customization like Vegas.

iMax

Yeah I mean they could have expanded on the White Mask terror organization that is in TerroHunt. They could have given them all different cool abilities, just like the CTUs. But I really like the spotlights they put on the different countries and their units, rather than glorifying terrorists with character bio's, unique abilities, etc. Not really a very Tom Clancy thing to do.

Yeah, good point. Maybe then it's all just a very sophisticated training exercise.

Did the latest path screw up anything? Feels like I'm now getting a lot of weird connection issues
Feels a bit worse for me on ps4. I get disconnected while sitting on the main menu and mid game a lot more now.

Seems to go in spurts though. Okay for a couple hours, then trash for an hour, then fine again.

atr0cious

PS4 and feels like a lot of instant death without seeing a single shot but on their screen they emptied half a clip into me.
Playing on pc with a 40ms ping, and I get this constantly. Just trades not happening on kill cam the way they actually played out. Tick rates may still be fucked.

Anyone notice the objective is often in the same spot for both attackers and defensers ?
PS4 and feels like a lot of instant death without seeing a single shot but on their screen they emptied half a clip into me.
Yep I always feel that happen when a shield guy kills me.

Top Bottom