• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Menthuss

You can also double melee them, that's viable in close quarters.

Taking cover at mid range is important too. Chances of them hitting your head with hip fire are super slim at that range and you can pick them off with hand-damage pretty easily.

I've never had this work as the shield just bashes me right after my first melee attack knocks his shield away. Knocking their shield aside should disable a shield's melee attack for like 1 second IMO.

Klyka

Banned
I've never had this work as the shield just bashes me right after my first melee attack knocks his shield away. Knocking their shield aside should disable a shield's melee attack for like 1 second IMO.

It's a bit of a netcode thing. Usually when the shield is knocked away you can't do anything, but sometimes you melee right as he hits your shield, which means on his screen you are stunned but for you, your melee still went through.

Hm, I mean I've only done it a handful of times but it always worked, you just need to melee at the first available instant after the first animation.

My friends do it more confidently than I do, many of my friends play more aggressively than I, so they often just run at the shield if he's last man alive. They make them look trivial, though you have to be more careful with Blitz because if he flashes you before you hit him it can actually be hard to get the follow up.

You can also double melee them, that's viable in close quarters.

Taking cover at mid range is important too. Chances of them hitting your head with hip fire are super slim at that range and you can pick them off with hand-damage pretty easily.

Is this actually possible? I tried it yesterday and the recharge on my melee was too long to get in the second swipe.

Anyone else see bodies randomly teleport away sometimes when they get injured?
It happened to me once I was randomly teleported into another room literally through a wall. It's kinda scary when you shoot an enemy, they go down and randomly start sliding away at mach speed

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sorry for the sudden drop last night fellas. Someone on my road hit a pole... we didn't have power again until this morning. :/

Anyone else see bodies randomly teleport away sometimes when they get injured?
It happened to me once I was randomly teleported into another room literally through a wall. It's kinda scary when you shoot an enemy, they go down and randomly start sliding away at mach speed

Yea, I was defending the train room and shot someone through the fireplace and they dropped into the room below. Almost lost that round because of it.

hunchback

I'm really tempted to pick up a PS4 and this game so I can play with you guys and gals.
We just don't have a strong XB1 Gaf R6 community like the PS4. I find I stick to terrorist hunt/solo because I don't see many XB1 Gaf people playing.

Mwuhahahah. My plan is working. Baited my friend with, "hey want to play some Rocket League after you are done with your CS:GO matches?" I then proceeded to talk about RB6 Siege the entire time while playing Rocket League, then when we were done, I was like, "I'm about to fire up Siege, you can watch my broadcast real quick to see it." His last words before turning in for the night, "I think I can sell some CS shit to buy this on Steam." Yesss!! I think I made my first sale.

I'm really tempted to pick up a PS4 and this game so I can play with you guys and gals.
We just don't have a strong XB1 Gaf R6 community like the PS4. I find I stick to terrorist hunt/solo because I don't see many XB1 Gaf people playing.

Add me to your friends list. I'm on a few hours a day. GT: Draughn

Gaz_RB

Do it. Never have trouble getting a full group together.

Also maybe don't do it because that's pretty expensive to just play one game.

Caayn

Lately I've been having the worst experience with this game. I can't complete a match due the game disconnecting from the match every time around after a few minutes. (On the XB1).

Shame, I really want to play more.

Bobnob

Lately I've been having the worst experience with this game. I can't complete a match due the game disconnecting from the match every time around after a few minutes. (On the XB1).

Shame, I really want to play more.
Weird, i've been playing all day and only had one disconnect.

"EDIT" Really wish we could have a blackout mode with torches, night and heat vision.

Gaz_RB

Won two really close Ranked games last night with a GAF team.

Man, Ranked games take so much longer than Casual games. So much more tense and stressful too. The game definitely shines in Ranked, and I need to play it more.

Thanks for the tips! I'm having trouble taking the shield guys down. I'll have to try some of those tips!

I absolutely love the change of pace a shield guy brings. C4 is a must have to deal with them.

What the, I didn't know Doc had reviving bullets

What did you think Doc did? :p

He can revive you to 75 HP, as opposed to the usual 50 HP other players can revive you to. Though, it's odd that he can't heal players. If I'm not mistaken, he could in beta.

Won two really close Ranked games last night with a GAF team.

Man, Ranked games take so much longer than Casual games. So much more tense and stressful too. The game definitely shines in Ranked, and I need to play it more.

Love ranked. I absolutely love the overtime games too. Teabagging becomes so much more intense when the tensions are so high lol.

My only issue with it is sometimes the enemy team decides to teamkill right away and one or two players get kicked or leave. So very annoying. I wish there was a forfeit option that our team could accept, because I usually don't want to play those games and no one wants to quit because they dont want to a time out.

Id gladly agree to a forfeit and let the disadvantaged team go without getting punished.

Is this actually possible? I tried it yesterday and the recharge on my melee was too long to get in the second swipe.

It should be possible. I've done it a few times like I say, but I've not been on the shields side and have it done to me, so I'm not sure what options they have available to them.

Klyka

Banned
Whoa! I just played a level in terro hunt that Ive never seen in MP! What was it?? I had to use a gas mask and it was hard to see

Beat all situations to unlock it and see a really cool intro and outro :)

You guys think thatll be a MP map? Id even love to play it with all that smoke. It was super scary

It has been confirmed by the devs that we will get that map in PvP, yes. It has not been said if it will be with gas or not.

Tips on how to get rid of guy with shields?

I mostly always play with a shield on offense. I am always worried about the hail mary nitro, definitely my first concern. If I can see that the other team is playing without nitro then... I am worried about someone who has the balls to run up and melee me.

If anyone finds this game to be too easy on PC. Add me for an increase in difficulty. I'll drag you down to the point it's fun again. fuzzylogick on UPlay, fuzzylogic on the Discord server.

Gaz_RB

I might be one of the only people who mostly play terrorist hunt. Maybe its because randoms suck in multiplayer

Man you gotta get into the multiplayer. Get a group together on GAF and try it out. Its one of the greatest team based experiences I've had.

Maybe you faced unranked/low rank players?

Same rank as me actually. And even then, that shouldn't happen. There needs to be some sort of buffer or at the very least, indication that you're going to drop. Hoping to go up after every win three times in a row only to drop a rank on your fourth game which is a loss, that's just so incredibly dumb.

Hip Hop

Just bought the game!

Anyone using Ultra HD textures on something similar to the GTX 670?

Or should I not even bother downloading the extra pack?

Klyka

Banned
Just bought the game!

Anyone using Ultra HD textures on something similar to the GTX 670?

Or should I not even bother downloading the extra pack?

If you don't have 4+ GB VRAM, I wouldn't worry about the ultra textures. They barely make a difference anyway.

So I just got this and wasn't really feeling the single player situations (gameplay was good, but they're super hard and kinda dull) and so I said fuck it and did a MP round after getting stuck on the third one and I ended up getting 10 kills and 1 death my first game lol. I thought I would be garbage at this game.

Klyka

Banned
So I just got this and wasn't really feeling the single player situations (gameplay was good, but they're super hard and kinda dull) and so I said fuck it and did a MP round after getting stuck on the third one and I ended up getting 10 kills and 1 death my first game lol. I thought I would be garbage at this game.

Now join other GAFfers and see how awesome it is with communication and plans :D

Top Bottom