• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

image.php

On topic, but is anyone free on PS4? I can play for a few hours, give or take.

OK, I think I'm ready to see this being played as an esport. I dont know much about esports, but this game is so competitively good, and I want to watch this being played as much as play it myself.

^ Yeah I did. I was just happy to be there considering I didnt contribute much to the teams lol.

By the way, I'm a little baffled with the game's attachments. What's the point of having grips if all guns pretty much have to use them? There's no alternative or negative to using them?

Is there an intention to add more attachments? Is the weapon attachment system unfinished?

Maybe making a choice between things like quick reload, or more ammo per magazine too? I dont want to go crazy with attachments, but I find it odd that grip exists in its own category.

Do you guys run suppressors?

What about laser sights? Seems too dangerous, unless maybe you're using the blitz/montagne.

I'm curious about the variety here, because it seems like there is no choice.

Erban1

^ Yeah I did. I was just happy to be there considering I didnt contribute much to the teams lol.

By the way, I'm a little baffled with the game's attachments. What's the point of having grips if all guns pretty much have to use them? There's no alternative or negative to using them?

Is there an intention to add more attachments? Is the weapon attachment system unfinished?

Maybe making a choice between things like quick reload, or more ammo per magazine too? I dont want to go crazy with attachments, but I find it odd that grip exists in its own category.

Do you guys run suppressors?

What about laser sights? Seems too dangerous, unless maybe you're using the blitz/montagne.

I'm curious about the variety here, because it seems like there is no choice.

Nice, hope to run some games with you soon. And honestly it seems like Ubi just put all the attachments in for padding, i pretty much run a grip and compensator on everything i can. Suppressors seem to have limited use at the expense of it taking another bullet to down anyone you come across. Laser sights are a non-factor as well, you're very rarely going to be hip-firing at anyone,, and if your opponent is paying attention they'll see you coming before you can even get close

The level of play on PC vs Console is very different.

Also cheaters.

Didn't seem that different when I played it, just orientated towards other skill sets. Much more contingent on your ability to aim well, than it is on PS4, whereas the PS4 version seemed much more dependent on strategy and positioning.

On PS4 due to the controller, you can create strong tactical advantages by positioning yourself into the right places, with the right weapons, flanking, at the right time, etc. On PC, in many cases those tactical maneuvers don't matter anywhere near as much as your accuracy as positioning, weapon choice, fire modes etc are negated by the fact that anyone decent with any sort of weapon will be relatively precise on your head, at any range.

It's just a different game. Which draws different skillsets from the players. Of course the highest levels of ranked play are higher, but the casual matches, and typical gameplay isn't any better, from what I have seen.

Do people cheat on pc or am I just really bad? I have a 0.48 kd with a .57 w/l ratio.

On ps4 I have a 3.31 kd with a 8.00 w/l ratio.

I don't understand what you mean here. On PS4 the stats that link with your PSN profile suggest you've only played the game for 3 hours, and your KDR Is 1.6, not 3.31. Is that wrong? It as is, it doesn't seem like you played the game very much on PS4 at all.

If anybody wants to play multiplayer with somebody "bad but not stupid" on X1, aka my skills are weak but I won't blow you up or team kill you, message me. I can only play a couple nights a week.

I feel totally outclassed on multiplayer, and hate how so many people are run-and-gun on terrorist hunt, but I love this game.

It's so fucking ridiculous that sometimes I can't destroy/ hit drones with a shotgun even if they're right in front of me. There has to be something wrong with the hit detection. So frustrating.

Gaz_RB

I have a couple of friends looking to get together a ranked group, they've all got 5.0 or higher win rates and use mics. We should team up with you and Mike and we would be unstoppable. :p

That team would be OP

But I'm in.

I'm up for getting my feet wet in ranked. If I'm not on, send me a message, I should be around tomorrow. Of course, I may not be the best help getting you out of silver, haha.
I'll definitely hit you up if I try ranked.

If anybody wants to play multiplayer with somebody "bad but not stupid" on X1, aka my skills are weak but I won't blow you up or team kill you, message me. I can only play a couple nights a week.

I feel totally outclassed on multiplayer, and hate how so many people are run-and-gun on terrorist hunt, but I love this game.

I'll invite you next time I'm on! My roommate and I play fairly often, on the same GT (Gareth Marenghi). I think we're already friended.

EDIT: Is this the shield-hipfire-headshot thing that the dev was mentioning is being fixed?

It's so fucking ridiculous that sometimes I can't destroy/ hit drones with a shotgun even if they're right in front of me. There has to be something wrong with the hit detection. So frustrating.

That seemed like it got better on the Xbox after the 1.2 patch. I still can't hit them, but I get shot 10x more than I used to. I'm not sure hit detection on humans got better tho. I've had a lot more split kills than before, and a lot more full mag dumps on downed players. Hopefully 1.3 gets us a BF4 like change

Omg I almost took out a whole team.

Got killed in the end by a rushing Ash. I was so close.
Headhsotted one dude, nitro cell'd a blitz and another guy, cleaned up another in the blast, and pinned myself into a corner. Damn.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

The community can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY AND YOU MUST PM ME OR ASK ON GAF TO RECEIVE AN INVITE!

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PSN ID TO THE REQUEST FOR A FAVORITES GROUP INVITE!

THE COMMUNITY IS 110+ STRONG AND GROWING!

THE FAVORITES CHAT IS UP TO 40+ NEOGAF ONLY PEEPS!

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO JOIN R6 PS4 GAF!

Klyka

Banned
What's the point of twitch when you have thatcher? Is it just the mobility?

Having 3 drones at her disposal, her drone being able to not just destroy equipment but shock people, thereby either finishing them off or moving them out of cover/distracting them. She also has the F2, one of the best guns in the game.

Twitch is my favorite operator in the game when I play in a team with my friends.
I play her drone as an extremely close support to my team.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Having 3 drones at her disposal, her drone being able to not just destroy equipment but shock people, thereby either finishing them off or moving them out of cover/distracting them. She also has the F2, one of the best guns in the game.

Twitch is my favorite operator in the game when I play in a team with my friends.
Twitch is legit for all the reasons mentioned here!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Could we not put this in the OP instead of on every single page?
I tried asking but the OP didn't add it.
I also skip a page or two before posting it again thank you very much!

Ill only do it a few more times before I stop it.

Animator

Trolling enemies with twitch drone is the end game meta of siege. :)

Mokoi

Banned
i love this game but i swear it fucks with my cs skillz. never been so bad at cs before until i started playing this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thanks for the tips! I'm having trouble taking the shield guys down. I'll have to try some of those tips!

All these and force a ranged encounter if you can, if he drops his shield to ads and you're ready for it it's an easy headshot

You can also double melee them, that's viable in close quarters.

Taking cover at mid range is important too. Chances of them hitting your head with hip fire are super slim at that range and you can pick them off with hand-damage pretty easily.

Top Bottom