• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Now join other GAFfers and see how awesome it is with communication and plans :D

Hmm I gotta find my mic. I rarely play MP games so I put it aside...I hope I didn't lose it. I'm getting wrecked now so my first game must have been a fluke haha. This game is really fun though.

Drewfonse

The game is saying that it couldn't get my latest saved data and is forcing me to play offline on the xbox. Anyone else seeing this?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yes there is a new map, it's a boat stuck in ice.
But do we get university... that's the question.

Btw, this game is like broken on PS4 atm, won't even let us search for a game.

Wtf Ubisoft.

Animator

But do we get university... that's the question.

Btw, this game is like broken on PS4 atm, won't even let us search for a game.

Wtf Ubisoft.

They said we will get university sometime this year. It is not one of the 4 new maps that will be released this year. So we get 5 maps in total.

Vorheez

Hey guys, I'm reeeaaally debating whether or not to get this game... but my biggest concern is having people to play with. Is there still an active community of gaffers that would be willing to add a newbie to their team? I've tried black ops 3, battlefront, and halo 5 but can't get into any of them. They don't hold my interest, and I'm hoping siege can alleviate that... I'll be on ps4 if anybody was willing to take me under their wing

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Hey guys, I'm reeeaaally debating whether or not to get this game... but my biggest concern is having people to play with. Is there still an active community of gaffers that would be willing to add a newbie to their team? I've tried black ops 3, battlefront, and halo 5 but can't get into any of them. They don't hold my interest, and I'm hoping siege can alleviate that... I'll be on ps4 if anybody was willing to take me under their wing
There is a pretty big ps4 community of peeps that play every night. Just hit me up when you get a game and i will get you an invite to the community and favorites chat!

Vorheez

There is a pretty big ps4 community of peeps that play every night. Just hit me up when you get a game and i will get you an invite to the community and favorites chat!
Nice. Thanks breh. I'll drop back in here when I have a copy. It will probably be tomorrow afternoon, but I've heard it takes a while before you can actually get online so it might be a few days before I can actively participate.

M_A_C

Finally decided to hook the XIM4 up for this game and it works great on PS4 with default ST. Makes the game much better since there is no auto aim in multiplayer.

Can somebody invite me to the PS4 group? PSN: MeDumb

Edit: Yeah beaten, but this is on sale for $34.99 on Amazon right now.

noomi

Alright!

So after hearing all the positive talk surrounding this game I decided to pick it up on my PS4 last week. The first couple of matches I was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

Hopped into the situations and terrorist hunts as practice, played a few more multiplayer matches.... and I have to say this has now become to favorite multiplayer game. As someone who had played a lot of Destiny and Call of Duty multiplayer... you need to throw those notions right out the window with Rainbow Six Siege. I take my time, analyze every corner, walk slowly, and think 5 steps ahead before making any offensive/defensive moves.

What a fantastic and fun game, very happy I picked it up :)

Alright!

So after hearing all the positive talk surrounding this game I decided to pick it up on my PS4 last week. The first couple of matches I was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

Hopped into the situations and terrorist hunts as practice, played a few more multiplayer matches.... and I have to say this has now become to favorite multiplayer game. As someone who had played a lot of Destiny and Call of Duty multiplayer... you need to throw those notions right out the window with Rainbow Six Siege. I take my time, analyze every corner, walk slowly, and think 5 steps ahead before making any offensive/defensive moves.

What a fantastic and fun game, very happy I picked it up :)
Terrible? Whenever you wanna play and see me on, send me a invite :)

Drewfonse

So my game is still staying that it couldn't retrieve my latest save and is forcing me to play offline. I guses that I'll uninstall and then reinstall, but I'm at a loss here.

Edit: that didn't work either. I wonder if I need to erase my save data and start from scratch. I would hate to have to do that, considering I'm at rank 58. What to do, what to do.

Klyka

Banned
So my game is still staying that it couldn't retrieve my latest save and is forcing me to play offline. I guses that I'll uninstall and then reinstall, but I'm at a loss here.

Apparently there are large Uplay server issues right now. It's not you.

noomi

Apparently there are large Uplay server issues right now. It's not you.

I've noticed that when I play multiplayer alone I'm usually able to find a match very quickly, within 10seconds normally.

When I pair up with a friend that lives in Canada (I'm in the North Eastern US) it takes us a few minutes to find players. Not sure if that's a server related issue or just us being far apart from one another.

Gaz_RB

Add me: Gaz_RB

Evolved1

Finally decided to hook the XIM4 up for this game and it works great on PS4 with default ST. Makes the game much better since there is no auto aim in multiplayer.

Gross.

Would love it if they could detect M/K users and throw you all into your own games or bar you from connecting to players using control pads in casual or ranked. Have all of you grouped together on a more equal playing ground. I hate getting into games with M/K users in any shooter... can be infuriating.

Evolved1

Would love it if they could detect M/K users and throw you all into your own games or bar you from connecting to players using control pads in casual or ranked. Have all of you grouped together on a more equal playing ground. I hate getting into games with M/K users in any shooter... can be infuriating.
They should put them all together in the BANNED group.

Didn't even know the XIM4 was a thing. Just man up and play on PC if you want to use mouse and keyboard. Cheating in PVP games is about as sad as it gets. And yes, using m/kb in a console FPS that can't detect it and MM with other m/kb players is most definitely cheating.

Evolved1

Didn't even know the XIM4 was a thing. Just man up and play on PC if you want to use mouse and keyboard. Cheating in PVP games is about as sad as it gets. And yes, using m/kb in a console FPS that can't detect it and MM with other m/kb players is most definitely cheating.
There are probably so many scrubs doing this. I'm a middling player, and accept that, but knowing there is shit like this out there is in the back of my mind.

I guess this is like the console equivalent of aimbot that pc communities have to deal with. It's sour.

There are probably so many scrubs doing this. I'm a middling player, and accept that, but knowing there is shit like this out there is in the back of my mind.

I guess this is like the console equivalent of aimbot that pc communities have to deal with. It's sour.

There is a difference between a device that lets you operate at the theoretical max of a controller and a program that literally automatically aims for you. Not saying a Xim is fair by any means, but it just goes to show the deficiency of using a controller for a fps.

This game shows that aiming and tactics are important. I don't buy into the narrative that the console version of R6S is more tactical because of how terrible aiming with a controller is.

Evolved1

Not saying a Xim is fair by any means, but it just goes to show the deficiency of using a controller for a fps.
ZzzZzzZZZZzzZZZzzzzzzzz *snort* oh apologies. it's just that conversation got dreadfully boring 15 years ago.

Stat!

There is a difference between a device that lets you operate at the theoretical max of a controller and a program that literally automatically aims for you. Not saying a Xim is fair by any means, but it just goes to show the deficiency of using a controller for a fps.

This game shows that aiming and tactics are important. I don't buy into the narrative that the console version of R6S is more tactical because of how terrible aiming with a controller is.

I know Im in the minority but I vastly prefer a controller to a mouse/keyboard. Its just more fun for me. Whether or not a keyboard/mouse is fair for competitive games on consoles is the question, and I don't really think it is.

We're getting more fixes today though which is nice! http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1370867-Patch-Notes-Update-1-3

I know Im in the minority but I vastly prefer a controller to a mouse/keyboard. Its just more fun for me. Whether or not a keyboard/mouse is fair for competitive games on consoles is the question, and I don't really think it is.

We're getting more fixes today though which is nice! http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1370867-Patch-Notes-Update-1-3

I vastly prefer a game pad for most of my games for sure. Preference is mostly what I'm talking about anyways.

Fair? No, it's definitely not fair. I have a Xim4 and a PS4/Xb1 and I still play most of my MP games on PC. If I used a Xim4 for R6 it'd be like the feel-good GOTY because of how awesome and bad ass you'll feel winning. I like to be challenged and R6 can offer that in spades.

You want that conversation so bad, bump one of the nine million threads on it.
I really don't. I couldn't care less if your feelings get hurt because of someone using a m/KB adapter for the console version.

Evolved1

I vastly prefer a game pad for most of my games for sure. Preference is mostly what I'm talking about anyways.

Fair? No, it's definitely not fair. I have a Xim4 and a PS4/Xb1 and I still play most of my MP games on PC. If I used a Xim4 for R6 it'd be like the feel-good GOTY because of how awesome and bad ass you'll feel winning. I like to be challenged and R6 can offer that in spades.

I really don't. I couldn't care less if your feelings get hurt because of someone using a m/KB adapter for the console version.
Haha you have one. Guess I ruffled yer feathers calling those people scrubs.

Top Bottom