• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Haha you have one. Guess I ruffled yer feathers calling those people scrubs.

Not really ruffled as I haven't turned my consoles on in probably 6mos or even used the Xim4 since Masterchief Collection. It'd bet that it's a device that less than 1% of owners even own so I'd be willing to bet it's mostly a non-issue for most players.

They really should tighten up the player camera. It sucks to not have line of sight on an enemy even though your character model does. It makes being killed by people you can't see feel like cheating.

Drewfonse

Can someone please confirm that they have been able to play online on the Xbox one in the last 12-18 hrs? I'm still having save syncing issues that are forcing me offline.

hunchback

Add me to your friends list. I'm on a few hours a day. GT: Draughn

Thanks. I'll add you today. Maybe we can get some matches in.

If there is enough intrest, I would be happy to create a list of XB1 players and maintain it. It would be great if we could get a entire Gaf XB1 team going.

M_A_C

Surprised at the reaction of the XIM4 here. You literally, by definition, can't do anything with it that a controller can't do. It just allows me to use the control method I'm used to. It's not an aimbot or anything. Really good players will still kick my ass because I have no real advantage. The reason I don't just play on pc is because my friends are on ps4.

Edit: vvv yes great analogy grandwizard

Yeah, people just really don't understand what those m/kb adapters for consoles actually do. They translate absolute positioning to the analog relative scaling of an analog stick. It just turns a mouse into a giant shitty analog stick.

You'd get the same 'advantage' by adding those stick extenders to your analog stick, anything that increases range of motion.

Fact remains there still isn't anything you can do on one of those adapters that can't be done on a stick, unlike an actual mouse.

Grimsen

Surprised at the reaction of the XIM4 here. You literally, by definition, can't do anything with it that a controller can't do. It just allows me to use the control method I'm used to. It's not an aimbot or anything. Really good players will still kick my ass because I have no real advantage. The reason I don't just play on pc is because my friends are on ps4.

I know you're trying to justify using your unlicensed peripheral, but the mouse is a much, much more precise aiming tool than the analog stick.

Yeah, people just really don't understand what those m/kb adapters for consoles actually do. They translate absolute positioning to the analog relative scaling of an analog stick. It just turns a mouse into a giant shitty analog stick.

You'd get the same 'advantage' by adding those stick extenders to your analog stick, anything that increases range of motion.

Fact remains there still isn't anything you can do on one of those adapters that can't be done on a stick, unlike an actual mouse.

It can't be that bad, otherwise Kb+M users would shun them completely. I'd have to try one.

Ugh. I brought hostage to red smoke with two enemies chasing me. Didnt get the win.

Does the hostage need to be there for like 5 secobds?

Klyka

Banned

I have seen the videos. I have tried the device.

You are infinitely more agile, precise and quick with it than with a controller unless you are an utter utter controller virtuoso who has done nothing but play console FPS for years at a high skill level.

I played a couple rounds of Destiny PvP with it and I was barely toucheable by "normal" players, when usually I get destroyed cause I don't play console FPS at all.

Valkrai

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I thought that it was just a peripheral to fully support keyboard and mouse on the console. That's why I was worried especially since in a console shooter how detrimental using a gamepad is compared to that.

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I thought that it was just a peripheral to fully support keyboard and mouse on the console. That's why I was worried especially since in a console shooter how detrimental using a gamepad is compared to that.

The simplest way to talk about a m/KB adaptor is that it lets you play at max sensitivity settings accurately. It won't let you do more than that. But it's still a huge advantage. Anyone not admitting that is wrong. Ya'll are making me want to get the PS4 version and run some comparisons for skill/stats.

I have seen the videos. I have tried the device.

You are infinitely more agile, precise and quick with it than with a controller unless you are an utter utter controller virtuoso who has done nothing but play console FPS for years at a high skill level.

I played a couple rounds of Destiny PvP with it and I was barely toucheable by "normal" players, when usually I get destroyed cause I don't play console FPS at all.

Well that's worrying

Yeah but those that do? And imagine how far they get in ranked, meaning those who genuinely play at a high level have to deal with those players

I really want to like this game but the matchmaking seems to be a mess right now on PC. At least, I don't remember it being this bad and I bought that game right at launch. Casual mode is full of people without microphones, Ranked mode takes a shit ton of time to get into a match and I can't avoid playing with the same people over and over again, and both modes seem to be chock-full of leavers. It's been like this for at least a week, any time I try to get into a game in either mode it's an exercise in frustration. It wasn't like this a few months back I know. I can't be the only one experiencing this right?

Drewfonse

I guess that I'll just keep reposting this until someone answers it:

Anyone having trouble over the last 12-18 hrs playing on xbox one? The lack of posts on this makes me think no, but it sure would be nice to get confirmation.

I guess that I'll just keep reposting this until someone answers it:

Anyone having trouble over the last 12-18 hrs playing on xbox one? The lack of posts on this makes me think no, but it sure would be nice to get confirmation.

Played a lot yesterday prior to 12 PM, so can't help ya :-\ Didn't really have any issues during that time, though.

atr0cious

I really want to like this game but the matchmaking seems to be a mess right now on PC. At least, I don't remember it being this bad and I bought that game right at launch. Casual mode is full of people without microphones, Ranked mode takes a shit ton of time to get into a match and I can't avoid playing with the same people over and over again, and both modes seem to be chock-full of leavers. It's been like this for at least a week, any time I try to get into a game in either mode it's an exercise in frustration. It wasn't like this a few months back I know. I can't be the only one experiencing this right?

You're not. I get runbacks constantly. I usually have to drop a few times just to get a new MM group thats not stalled. The worst, was when I dropped from a team openly plotting on the mic to tk me, only to be dropped right back into the game. That team was also the only time I could tell my teammates were outright children, too.

Bracket

Thanks. I'll add you today. Maybe we can get some matches in.

If there is enough intrest, I would be happy to create a list of XB1 players and maintain it. It would be great if we could get a entire Gaf XB1 team going.

Definitely! That'd be awesome if you mantained a list. Go ahead and add me as a friend. My GT is
Sundull
if you want to start the list.

Decided to do a quick lone wolf Terrorist Hunt on my lunch break since I don't have enough time for PvP... man those suicide bombers are haunting. You can hear their breathing from so far away.. which is good, but it also instills fear. I was dealing with some dudes in a room, clearing them from outside a doorway, mother fucking bomber jumped out the second story window on to the rood and charged at me. I just hit empty mag on my primary and switched to pistol and dropped him just before he detonated. Didn't expect tense moments in terrorist hunt. Thought I was just going into a shooting gallery for some easy fun.

Has anyone tried the No Man Left Behind thing yet? I guess it just went live, stuck at work so I cannot try it.

I think it went live yesterday? That's when I saw the update on the R6 main menu. We got a 10% boost for keeping all teammates alive in one round of the match.

KodaRuss

I think it went live yesterday? That's when I saw the update on the R6 main menu. We got a 10% boost for keeping all teammates alive in one round of the match.

Went live today at 10am.

They have done a really crappy job of explaining it. Even the Ubisoft forums they do not have any official details?

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-235406-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

RB6_BANNER_ChallengeNoManLeft_2_650X750_235415.png

Ubisoft said:
No Man Left Behind Event

01/19/2016 10:00 AM

During the No Man Left Behind challenge, your goal is to keep your team alive. At the end of each round the winning team will earn points based on the number of teammates still alive:

5 teammates =40 points

4 teammates =15 points

3 teammates =8 points

2 teammates =5 points

1 teammate =1 point

The goal is for the community to earn 140 million points between Tuesday, January 19th and Tuesday, January 26th. If we hit this goal, the community will earn the No Man Left Behind Reward.

This challenge will require you to focus on tactics and strategies that reinforce teamwork. Have your teammates back and everyone wins.

Get your favorite team together and join a match.

Lourio

It's a good way to promote teamwork and to actually communicate with other players. But yea, the details are super vague lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just got the game, and the dude threw in the season pass, too! He was selling the standard and gold edition on kijiji, and gave me the gold edition for the standard's price ($50) on purpose/ out of kindness.
Gonna git dat gold mp5

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Season pass skins are up on psn if you're interested. Kinda lame though, mostly.

I have no idea how to equip them though. Weird.

Season pass skins are up on psn if you're interested. Kinda lame though, mostly.

I have no idea how to equip them though. Weird.

You do it in the load out menu. Click on operator, then gun, scroll to bottom to see unlocked skins and equip the ones you have unlocked.

Why not? They look ace to me.

Definitely gonna be playing her in defense and gonna see what his master key is like. It might just play right into my playstyle

The trap is probably gonna be used to cover the floor below a trap door. Other than that I'm 100% sure it'll be easy to spot anywhere else.
Why play with a masterkey that can only help you and not the rest of the team. A gadget that's promotes teamwork such as Thatcher's EMP is way better.

Top Bottom