• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Vorheez

Alright guys, I went ahead and bought the game! I will be adding Gaz tonight when I get home, but other than that, my ID is Vorheeze on psn if anyone wants to play a few rounds!

Klyka

Banned
The trap is probably gonna be used to cover the floor below a trap door. Other than that I'm 100% sure it'll be easy to spot anywhere else.
Why play with a masterkey that can only help you and not the rest of the team. A gadget that's promotes teamwork such as Thatcher's EMP is way better.

That's like saying that Sledge's hammer is bad :(

We need to see how the shotgun works. I actually don't mind having a fully offense minded attacker. It's like Smoke in a way, he doesn't do anything "teamwork related" either what with his friendly killing gas grenades XD

i didn't notice that the new defender is Canadian. lol

Both are Canadian.

And the new map is a yacht frozen in ice.

We are getting a new startup screen for the game as well
rJlnefj.jpg

JambiBum

It also seems like they changed the way matches work in casual. Instead of 3/5 it is now 2/3. This could have just been to make the matches faster for testing but I'm not sure. Also not sure if they changed ranked or not.

Klyka

Banned
It also seems like they changed the way matches work in casual. Instead of 3/5 it is now 2/3. This could have just been to make the matches faster for testing but I'm not sure. Also not sure if they changed ranked or not.

uh be careful there son D:

Gaz_RB

I bet we'll be able to breach through ice. How tight would that be.

New Operators look cool, but their gadgets seem sort of meh. I thought maybe it would be difficult to try to squeeze 8 new and useful/effective gadgets into a game that is already so meticulously balanced.

Gaz_RB

Nah, there's gonna be like walls of mildly translucent ice inside the yacht that you'll be able to shoot/blow through. Bet!

Valkrai

That's like saying that Sledge's hammer is bad :(

We need to see how the shotgun works. I actually don't mind having a fully offense minded attacker. It's like Smoke in a way, he doesn't do anything "teamwork related" either what with his friendly killing gas grenades XD

Both are Canadian.

And the new map is a yacht frozen in ice.

We are getting a new startup screen for the game as well

What's with all these assholes breaking NDA?

This is why we can't get nice things.

Both operators sound nice

Buck sounds incredibly lethal. He can play at any range. Very useful.

Frost sounds like a better kapkan...mechanical device, so it's unlike everything else. Though she can't kill.

I hope for something less redundant in the future. How about an op who can put ladders to get up trapdoors and certain maps with ledges?

Or a character who can silence explosions and footsteps for a brief time? Like when you breach, your thermite or explosions are silenced

Valkrai

But we are still getting them in 2 weeks?

It's not like Ubisoft will go "OMG SOMEONE BROKE NDA, DELETE IT! DELETE IT ALL!!!" haha

Yeah but people breaking NDA ruins things for other people. Like that Gears of War leak pretty sure was a bad experience for everyone else that tested that.

They should just make a shield guy who jams nearby nitro cells. He/she be totally overpowered but it would make for some excellent rage quit matches.

hunchback

That trap could be useful for protecting the hostage possibly. Maybe a shield in front and the trap or traps protecting the sides? Just throwing out ideas.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Bear trap was rumored. Glad its confirmed! Weather its good or not depends on the damage it does. I would love for a half life damage and then stuck at that spot! Electrified bear trap kills? I hope so!
That trap could be useful for protecting the hostage possibly. Maybe a shield in front and the trap or traps protecting the sides? Just throwing out ideas.

Its also not an electric trap so thatcher grenades will do nada!

Nah, there's gonna be like walls of mildly translucent ice inside the yacht that you'll be able to shoot/blow through. Bet!
Hopefully you can see through it too so if someone runs by you can just kill em through the ice!

Ugh. Had someone on my group tonight who thought all of his teammates were "retards" and everyone sucked but him. Yet his score hardly reflected that. Apparently he sucked because of everyone else.

At least those types are few and far between.

Gaz_RB

That'd be cool if the bear trap did like 25 damage, and then continued damage if it was electrified. You could free yourself, but then you can't shoot and leave yourself exposed to the enemy. I wonder if teammates will be able to open it? I also wonder you can shoot the trap to deactivate it or you have to be right next to it. If you can't shoot it, I could see that having some interesting uses as the defenders use it as bait.

As for the shotgun attachment, that seems not as cool as the bear trap. Although that guy will be the Murderhole King of Rainbow Six.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Went live today at 10am.

They have done a really crappy job of explaining it. Even the Ubisoft forums they do not have any official details?

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-235406-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

RB6_BANNER_ChallengeNoManLeft_2_650X750_235415.png

But what is the No Man Left Behind Reward?A skin?other thing?

Looky here kids, the new operators!

Fresh from reddit, who got it from 4chan who got it from a tester breaking NDA

and their guns as well

http://imgur.com/a/0HyZO

Their guns looks very cool.

Quote this post for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the info my hype is raising!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?

?2
I saw in a match someone with castle and this patch:http://imgur.com/sWMQcs4
How do you put this patch?Or is only for the frag dolls players?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If the shotgun will discharge by just tapping R1, and not having to "switch" to it... then that will be AWESOME.

iMax

These operators are going to be great for season pass holders for at least a few hours. The satisfaction of getting someone stuck in a bear trap who has no idea what he's looking for will be glorious.

I really enjoy grabbing the hostage as everyone else is playing deathmatch and winning the round.

also annoyingly very occasionally as Fuse the fuse charge thing will kill me even though im like 20 feet away from the wall/window and it shouldn't.

RoKKeR

Thinking about picking this up on sale from Amazon, but am just a bit worried about not having any friends to play it with. I've heard the game has a pretty competent community but I thought I'd post here to see what everyone's thoughts are. I'm on XB1, if it makes a difference.

Is this a game I can pick up and roll into by myself? I'm willing to mic up from time to time.

Evolved1

Thinking about picking this up on sale from Amazon, but am just a bit worried about not having any friends to play it with. I've heard the game has a pretty competent community but I thought I'd post here to see what everyone's thoughts are. I'm on XB1, if it makes a difference.

Is this a game I can pick up and roll into by myself? I'm willing to mic up from time to time.
XB1 version sold the best in december, if that helps.

pmunk

Grabbed this game in the sale today, excited to try it out as I've been impressed by the gameplay videos I've watched.

I'm on playstation, psn philchaka if anyone here interested in having a go. I've got a mic.

KodaRuss

But what is the No Man Left Behind Reward?A skin?other thing?
Ubi said it was a secret on Reddit. So it probably isnt worth much.

Excited for the new operators and the frozen yaucht sounds fun as hell. I bet that bear trap is going to be pretty good as well hopefully she gets at least two of them.

Evolved1

Got a four person kill with a kapkan trap last night. We lol'd.

I flubbed the recording though, unfortunately.

I just got the game yesterday on Xbox One. Do we have many Xbox One players here on Gaf? Some teammates would be lovely, if anyone is interested.

maxmars

Got the game yesterday but still no chance to play it.. What's the fastest way to get into it learning all the ropes once I played the tutorial?

Top Bottom