• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Xeilyn

So are the servers fucked atm or something? I normally have about 24 ms but now im sitting at 94 and a 175 ingame ping... Also for some reason im in the Western EU datacenter here at home while at my dads house(15 minute drive from here) i get placed in the Northern EU datacenter

Gaz, the guy who blocked the doors was glitching with castle..http://gfycat.com/RealisticDeterminedHusky

Is that how you do it?

I've seen more and more people doing this on PS4. Really frustrating as I have lost games because I have not been able to jump these, onto the objective.

This was fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ihlPojuOY0

I like the guy telling me he's never seen anyone go for the hostage lol.

Neat. Shields are so useful on hostage. Even if they shot you in the back they have a higher chance of hitting the hostage because your shield protects most of you.

Not really getting the complaints I'm seeing about it being deathmatch. On PC at least there is a lot of focus around the objectives, especially bomb. Rounds end because of kills usually but that doesn't mean the objectives weren't the focus point of the match and where the defense has to set up around, which is what they are supposed to do anyway. Seen plenty of defuser plants, hostage rescues, and secures in my time with the game.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I hope complaints like that don't lead to Ubisoft adding a constant respawning mode where the only way to win a round is by completing the objective. That actually would be deathmatch and ruin the pace and feel of the game.

yeah im gonna have to start using them more with hostages.

i was worried with low health and didnt wanna fuck it up like ive done in CS GO lol.

As a general rule of thumb, you won't take damage from 1st story falls.

This isn't true sometimes, where you have to vault out (vaulting adds to the height), in these instances you often take around 10 damage.

But you would not die on 33.

Either way, if they had ran at you your teammates would have shot them. So I don't think it was a problem that you used the ladder anyway. Sometimes it's not a matter of capturing the hostage, but the effect that threatening to do so has on their movements.

Been having a blast with this. I'd be down to play with groups though since randoms can be hit or miss. I don't have a mic at the moment though, and I'm not super experienced, but if anyone wants to add me my PSN is Gray2.

I personally think jager is really OP. I think his weapon is way too good for his fast roaming.

And that's why I'm spamming him

Personally I disagree. I think the the carbine isn't that different to many of the SMGs available and I don't think that on many of the maps, the speed is all that essential.

I actually think the Russian SMG is as good as Jagers, and for risky solo plays the extra armour can help you quite a bit!

Here's a demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shkvea_Ohxk

elguero

Frost could be really strong depending on the parameters of her gadget. Can attackers shoot out a trap or do they have to maneuver around it? How many traps can she lay? Can you hide them underneath barbed wire?

Frost could be really strong depending on the parameters of her gadget. Can attackers shoot out a trap or do they have to maneuver around it? How many traps can she lay? Can you hide them underneath barbed wire?

It'll be a fun couple of days for season pass owners owning unsuspecting attackers.

Haroon

Hello this is Atsou. If anyone has the discord link please post it. And if anyone on UPlay that wants to play. We have a Mumble server that we can provide the information to you. Live.

I bet they'll also kinda work as detection devices. I wonder if you immediately get points for trapping an enemy--if you do, you'd know a baddie is near the traps.

You can also place them behind shields in doorways, forcing them to hop on over, right into the trap.

Aztec_82

What up fellow Gafers I recently got this awesome game and would like the chance to squad up with you. My ps4 id is Aztec_84 plz send me an invite!

Today I shot the hostage in the head

I was playing against a pulse and as soon as I saw a bald head I flicked my mouse and fired

We lost that game

Just leave the level/mission preferences checked in the preferences portion of the options menu to get the ones you want.

You can go into the options menu and toggle which styles and maps you prefer for Terrorist Hunt, it's located under the matchmaking preferences for Casual/Ranked.

I swear I learn something new about Siege every other day.

Just a few days ago I learned you can use sledge's hammer as an alternative to a knife kill. I learned it accidentally which made it all the more hilarious for me at the time. I have yet to replicate it because the animation is so long

Is anyone running R6 siege with the ultra pack at 4k on PC?I'd love to see some screens of what I'm missing

You can leap over shields though?

Usually yes, but if you remove a castle barricade and put a shield at the same position, it blocks you from vaulting because the remaining piece of the castle barricade has thicker frame, reducing the space and blocking you

Top Bottom