• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

etta

my hard graphic balls
I got the game on PC as well, will probably sell the PS4 version if the PC community grows healthy.
Can't wait to play with GAF people.

Gaz_RB

Ah I see.
Playing solo today, I saw every castle player block a door in every defending round that I've played.. gotta patch that quick

Yup, becoming more and more prevalent...and it really breaks the delicate balance between attackers and defenders.

Today I shot the hostage in the head

I was playing against a pulse and as soon as I saw a bald head I flicked my mouse and fired

We lost that game

My man. Screw those hostages, looking all innocent...

Yup, becoming more and more prevalent...and it really breaks the delicate balance between attackers and defenders.

It fundamentally breaks the map design, so yeah.

Sometimes a doorway can be the only way, and if that's been glitched so you can't enter it... well, they might as well have glitched out the house and killed you at your spawn.

If they do it to two doors on the freezer hostage defense on Cafe, the hostage is almost impossible to acquire without grenading the shields, something that's not always even possible, as not many players take frags on hostage.

Usually yes, but if you remove a castle barricade and put a shield at the same position, it blocks you from vaulting because the remaining piece of the castle barricade has thicker frame, reducing the space and blocking you

Well I guess I learned two things today. Not sure if it's an intentional feature. Seems a bit game breaking to an extent sort of since it limits entrances. Almost cheating maybe(definitely not as bad as those XIM things)

Klyka

Banned
Well I guess I learned two things today. Not sure if it's an intentional feature. Seems a bit game breaking to an extent sort of since it limits entrances. Almost cheating maybe(definitely not as bad as those XIM things)

It's a glitch that Ubisoft said should be fixed in patch 2.0 on february 2nd

Valkrai

Ran into another obvious cheater. Level 40ish, 11 W/L and a 2.7 KD Plat.

Gets 2 OHKs with Twitch's semi auto weapon and killcam was a perfect tracing lock on someones head through smoke.

Fuck these pieces of shit, Ubi step up your AC.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone on PS4 willing to party up with me and give me a hand learning the basics? I've only played a few matches since I just got it last night.

Kalentan

Is it possible to de-rank after a victory? I won a ranked, got to Silver I. Then we won again and I dropped to Bronze V, even though it didn't mention it in the post-game screen. Only when we went to the lobby between matches that I saw it.

Had to quit ranked because a party of 3 decided to teamkill. Fuck this shit. There should be a way of detecting and banning these fuckers

I picked up the game this past Sunday and everything was fine up until tonight. A friend of mine got it today and we decided to play some games together, so it was me as a level 24 and him as a level 1. We were constantly being paired with people around our levels, but always going against people who were 60+. Hard to learn the game when you're getting your head kicked in the whole time.

Still having fun though.

I picked up the game this past Sunday and everything was fine up until tonight. A friend of mine got it today and we decided to play some games together, so it was me as a level 24 and him as a level 1. We were constantly being paired with people around our levels, but always going against people who were 60+. Hard to learn the game when you're getting your head kicked in the whole time.

Still having fun though.

Sometimes that's the best way to learn.

Animator

Still having fun though.

Eh man up and try to study their tactics. I learned the best stuff from teams that kicked our ass. Or go play ranked, casual doesn't have skill based matchmaking as it shouldn't.

GAF been playing on PC for a week, if any of you guys need a extra man/gun add me on Uplay: lordtrapula

Get on discord, it's where PC gaf is. :)

https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdjd9CIV

Great games with Rukia, Bezerk, Vorheeze, Heavy_Hushed, Johny_Park and Recipe4Disastr today.

Had some really good moments, both as a team and individually. :)

I seriously love this game :) cant wait to finish work and play some more tonight. I love the blood splatter and cant wait for the new operators and maps they sound really fun!

Here is a clip of some of my escapades last night.

Click here

maxmars

Looking for people to play with on PS4, still learning but willing to stick with the game for a long time. I'm in Europe and playing during late evenings. Thanks!

Klyka

Banned
Found a picture of the new US operator that'll come in Season 2 on Reddit (as always leaked from 4 chan)

FH2nFHp.jpg

Eeesh. I am not a fan of outside roamers usually but that was brutal haha

If you can't deal with the roamer that's shooting at Glaz and Fuse with a pistol at 30 feet, then you don't deserve to step inside the plane. :p

Seriously though I don't mind outdoor roaming. I think it's fair with the two second mark mechanics as they are. It adequately punishes defenders while allowing them some flexibility, at a trade off. I actually think it's a well designed mechanic as it stands.

If you can't deal with the roamer that's shooting at Glaz and Fuse with a pistol at 30 feet, then you don't deserve to step inside the plane. :p

Seriously though I don't mind outdoor roaming. I think it's fair with the two second mark mechanics as they are. It adequately punishes defenders while allowing them some flexibility, at a trade off. I actually think it's a well designed mechanic as it stands.

Yeah yours wasn't too bad as it was by the door. :p

It's the ones who camp near spawn points.

Gaz_RB

I agree. So many players sprint to the building because they think it will be safe on the way there, but they still need to be watching their back.

José Mourinho;192848243 said:
I generally play with friends but had a punt on my own one day and had the exact same thing happen to my team. I took control of the drone again when the mission started to locate the objective and my team were wiped out on the stairs within about 10 seconds.

I was quickly dispatched thereafter.

I like the plane level though. I like how claustrophobic it is but it's silly when they go up the civilian enterances. Rookies ;)

I agree. So many players sprint to the building because they think it will be safe on the way there, but they still need to be watching their back.

It also gives you opportunities to counter super-effective plays like rappeling after a bomb plant. Realistically that's almost undefusable in a 1 vs 1 as he can simply sit next to the bomb on the other side of the wall, then kill you when he hears you hitting it.

Thanks to the outdoor system you can flank the side of the wall he's on, and deal with it. Of course, that in itself isn't easy, as you can't guarantee he's even there, and put yourself at a pretty significant risk of being killed. That's what balances the mechanic though.

Speaking of huge mistakes we watched a guy barricade himself into a closet with Castle earlier, as the last man alive on his team.

We just kinda looked at it and laughed, turned to the hostage and left. He burst out randomly like 20 seconds later. Of course, by which point, the hostage was already outside.

I'm not sure what he was expecting to happen...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Speaking of huge mistakes we watched a guy barricade himself into a closet with Castle earlier, as the last man alive on his team.

We just kinda looked at it and laughed, turned to the hostage and left. He burst out randomly like 20 seconds later. Of course, by which point, the hostage was already outside.

I'm not sure what he was expecting to happen...
That was funny

KodaRuss

Found a picture of the new US operator that'll come in Season 2 on Reddit (as always leaked from 4 chan)

FH2nFHp.jpg

Wonder what CTU that will be? The hell is up with the long sleeve shirt pattern? I would think they would have chosen Navy SEALS or something but for some reason that doesnt seem like a SEAL to me.

I have a incredibly funny death to share that I will have to grab from a video that I saved on PS4 last night. Somehow Sledge died in mid air somewhat leaping over the hostage with a full extension of the legs. My buddy and I saw it on a death replay for the end of the match and just died laughing. When I get off work tonight Ill grab it.

Also, we won a round with one person alive on both sides where they each emptied an entire clip into and around each other as the seconds wound down and we won because we were defending. Pretty incredible shooting :)

I wonder if you can trick bear traps:

Use drones, grenades, to activate the trap and get frost to come to you

Maybe if you move fast enough, you can get away unharmed.

Now now--those look like polynesian tattoos. Each character actually has a bio that explains their background, so it could be related to her heritage.

In other news--patch 1.03 is deploying to consoles (well, PS4 confirmed):

Note that it SAYS 1.05, but that's just how the PS5 increments its patch numbers, apparently. It's the rest of 1.03 from last week.

Should be coming to X1 very soon:

The outage times will vary by platform, and can be found below:
PS4: 10:00AM - 10:45AM EST
XB1: 11:00AM - 11:45AM EST

This is the "rest" of 1.3 that is deploying to consoles today:

LEVEL DESIGN FIXES

Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).

ONLINE FIXES
Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for more information.
Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.

Top Bottom