• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

That Mute running outside to get you....just.....just why?

hahaha

The defenders had 5 guys left, they could have just sat in the room and waited you out XD

Yup. Guess they thought they'd just rush me which should have probably worked if it wasn't just one dude.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Found a picture of the new US operator that'll come in Season 2 on Reddit (as always leaked from 4 chan)

FH2nFHp.jpg

I hope ubi puts new guns in her because that's a mp5 right?

Woo. 1.3 patch today!!! Pumped for it. Wish they were fixing the ads sensitivity bug, but I can wait if the hit/detection rocks.

Maybe this patch will fix my ping issues. Otherwise I'll continue to be a sad man.

Are you getting huge spikes after the last patch? I'm usually in the 50-60 range, and I've been hovering around 100-120 at times. Not to mention spikes around 220, although that happens occasionally to everyone in my party.

Klyka

Banned
So when Frost and the other canadian CTU come out, do they unlock instantly or do you have to unlock them via points?

If you are a season pass holder, they come out on the 2nd of february and you have them instantly unlocked.

If you do not have the season pass,they come out on the 9th of february for you and you can unlock them for 25000 renown each.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I think it's free for season holders, and then you must pay 25K renown for them

Season pass holders also get it one week ahead of everyone else

If you are a season pass holder, they come out on the 2nd of february and you have them instantly unlocked.

If you do not have the season pass,they come out on the 9th of february for you and you can unlock them for 25000 renown each.
Which is it?

Yeah, I have the Season Pass but I'm still not sure whether they're early *access* that I still have to pay 25k renown to *unlock*, or if they're early *access AND free unlock*.

Have 25k saved, just in case...

Xeilyn

Yeah, I have the Season Pass but I'm still not sure whether they're early *access* that I still have to pay 25k renown to *unlock*, or if they're early *access AND free unlock*.

Have 25k saved, just in case...
Im 100% sure its early access and free unlock

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They are advertising the safari skins on PSN, which I dl'd and installed... still awol in the game even after the patch. Wth?

What do you think is un-CTU ish? I think the Canadians look fine.

The new American looks like she isn't a SWAT member, but rather from Delta or Special Forces. Possibly a new CTU, just like JTF-2.
The lack of shemagh, balaclava, helmets, eye protection, etc etc? The models does look good. Its just what I have come to expect from CTU or Special forces due to media and games :p

I have a few friends who play, but not nearly enough to consistently not be solo. How is everyone finding people to play with? Really like the game so far.

XBO, by the way. GT is my name.

The lack of shemagh, balaclava, helmets, eye protection, etc etc? The models does look good. Its just what I have come to expect from CTU or Special forces due to media and games :p

Yeah, there is definitely a "this is what a counter terrorist looks like" thing in games, but it can vary.

GSG9, for example--notice how they're all wearing jeans and tennis shoes in Siege?

Pretty sure Ubi took a lot of influence from the real units, but they obviously took a little artistic license, too.

Yeah, there is definitely a "this is what a counter terrorist looks like" thing in games, but it can vary.

GSG9, for example--notice how they're all wearing jeans and tennis shoes in Siege?

Pretty sure Ubi took a lot of influence from the real units, but they obviously took a little artistic license, too.
Hmm thats interesting. Nice that Ubisoft pay attention to those details and made variations. Instead of following the media and other games :p Thanks for posting that.

ZOONAMI

Yes, it's fantastic. Especially for leaning around corners using gyro, but it's a constant work in progress as far as perfection goes.

What steam controller configuration are you using? I was getting my asked kicked even in situations yesterday, way too hard to pull off headshots from any kind of distance.

got the game from Gamefly last night. I want some people to play with so if any gaffers want to play later at 6pm EST than add me! PSN: TheWorthyEdge

I had a really high octane moment last night. There was a breach door, and another random wall in this bathroom. I start making holes in this wall in the bathroom, and walk over to the breach door. I placed the C4 on the door, positioned into the bathroom, and clicked the Sledgehammer button, cuz Sledge is cool.

I threw a flashbang in and rekt everyone in the room. It felt so tactical and so great.........now I want to do that in Multiplayer........with cool people like you guys.

I won't be able to play the PS4 version until tonight but how's the patch? Noticeable difference in anything or is just "better" as a whole?

I had to restart the xbox one completely to get the patch to download. It wasn't finding it otherwise. Just hit the guide button, go to settings and hit restart console. It popped up right away for me that way.

These patches have VASTLY improved my friends and I's games on PS4. Matchmaking is super quick now.

Still need the session bullshit to be updated, though. Can't believe you still can't join your friend's game but have to be specifically invited instead, what do they think this is, the WiiU?

Gaz_RB

These patches have VASTLY improved my friends and I's games on PS4. Matchmaking is super quick now.

Still need the session bullshit to be updated, though. Can't believe you still can't join your friend's game but have to be specifically invited instead, what do they think this is, the WiiU?

This is a qualm I have with almost all games this gen. COD does it right, and has done it right since like COD4.The 360 was a much more wholly socially competent console in terms of getting groups together than the new consoles are.

Siege doesn't even have a party leader. That just makes no sense to me.

Are you getting huge spikes after the last patch? I'm usually in the 50-60 range, and I've been hovering around 100-120 at times. Not to mention spikes around 220, although that happens occasionally to everyone in my party.

I usually hover around 100, which is fine. But sometimes I join games and my ping is like 200-600 ping. It makes no sense because I've tested my connection multiple times, tried other games, etc. It's pretty frustrating.

Varth

I won't be able to play the PS4 version until tonight but how's the patch? Noticeable difference in anything or is just "better" as a whole?

Just updated and had to surrender after 1hr tries. Even when connectwd to weu with my usual ping and open nat it would boot me from match, sometimes without even starting it.

As a workaround, if you and your friend are in the same party chat, you can join their session without an invite through the OS level party chat screen. Select their name, and join game will be an option.

But I echo eveyone elses sentiment, the squad and joining friend mechanics are pretty poorly designed.

KodaRuss

All of these hacking/cheating claims make me really glad I mostly stick to consoles. I used to play a lot of PC games but just never got around to replacing it and I no longer really have a place to put one any more.

Hopefully Ubi can get going on banning these losers, sorry R6 bros on PC.

As a workaround, if you and your friend are in the same party chat, you can join their session without an invite through the OS level party chat screen. Select their name, and join game will be an option.

But I echo eveyone elses sentiment, the squad and joining friend mechanics are pretty poorly designed.

It barely works. 99% of the time the squad has to disband if we dont' want to stay in the same matchmaking queue. Getting a working squad is a pain.

Top Bottom