• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Still having some ping issues. I was fine up til like 6 o clock, and then my ping just skyrocketed up to 450. Idk what it is. Peak hours or something?
Move to brazil it'll be better for your ping

Check if your isp throttle speed during peakhours. Some do especially scummy US companies!

Still having some ping issues. I was fine up til like 6 o clock, and then my ping just skyrocketed up to 450. Idk what it is. Peak hours or something?

My buddy was experiencing that kind of thing before, but did you check your connection outside of Siege too? Hard to say if it's the game our you at fault otherwise.

He got up to 900 ping. At 900 ping you can't see enemies before they shoot you and on the killcams they float through walls. It's a pretty interesting experience

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... idk about these OHK headshots anymore.

Mentok

Banned
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... idk about these OHK headshots anymore.

The only time these really anger me is when I'm up against a shield and it seems like the pistol shouldn't HS me from that range. For example, I was upstairs at the back stairs in House and a shielder got me with one shot coming up the front stairs...that friggin sucked.

EDIT: I just saw the leaked new operators. Love the defender idea, but not sure about the attacker.

Erban1

I wonder how much of a difference it would make if it took 2 headshots for a kill? With the recoil patterns of most guns I can't imagine it'll be much harder to land another bullet.

I wonder how much of a difference it would make if it took 2 headshots for a kill? With the recoil patterns of most guns I can't imagine it'll be much harder to land another bullet.

That'll change the game significantly. The one hit kill is part of the game. Lucky shots happen in real life. Quick death slows the game down and makes it realistic

How about one shot kills for larger caliber and characters with less armor. And then one hit injures for smaller calibers and characters with more armor. I do think that the possibility of getting a OHK across the map with a 9mm is a bit ridiculous. But if you tag someone point blank with a .223 they should die.

Still gonna shoot evolved in the face though.

How about one shot kills for larger caliber and characters with less armor. And then one hit injures for smaller calibers and characters with more armor. I do think that the possibility of getting a OHK across the map with a 9mm is a bit ridiculous. But if you tag someone point blank with a .223 they should die.

Still gonna shoot evolved in the face though.

If you make the shot with the 9mm it should count. That's what this game is about. Lucky is one thing, but that's a tough shot regardless. Maybe they could put in some bullet drop, but removing that element of realism takes something out of this game. That's what this thing is about.

Real life .223 is not a large caliber and is a stupidly survivable round.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ever since this new update, I can't get into a single match. My nat type says strict, which it never used to say. It just stays there hanging in the loading screen with smoke...

Edit:

After 4 restarts/attempts it finally worked...

noomi

So the more I play this I notice that some of the operators are almost never used and seem a lot less useful than the others :(

I have already unlocked the top ones, really only 3-4 on each side that are worth it it.

Klyka

Banned
So the more I play this I notice that some of the operators are almost never used and seem a lot less useful than the others :(

I have already unlocked the top ones, really only 3-4 on each side that are worth it it.

Some operators shine more ina dedicated,communicating team.

For example,I never use Twitch when I solo or duo, but once we got like 4 people together,I can use her and relay intel and to distractios and such with her drone.

Also a lot of players just like certain operators/guns or even think they are "essential" which no operator really is.
Even Thermite on attacking team isn't "essential" at all, he just opens up possibilities.

And some Ops, like Tachanka or IQ really shine a lot more in Terror Hunt than they do in PvP.

For example,I never use Twitch when I solo or duo, but once we got like 4 people together,I can use her and relay intel and to distractios and such with her drone.

Also a lot of players just like certain operators/guns or even think they are "essential" which no operator really is.
Even Thermite on attacking team isn't "essential" at all, he just opens up possibilities.

And some Ops, like Tachanka or IQ really shine a lot more in Terror Hunt than they do in PvP.

Yeah I like mixing it up :) I cant get my head around Jager's ability though

By the way Gaz, I think I said Twitch wasn't a good operator before, I don't know if I mentioned it but I regret that statement entirely. She's my most played operator. I think the F2 is the best assault rifle in the game. The damage is decent and the rate of fire is nearly a 33% higher than all others. If you can control it, this provides a tremendous advantage when trying to snag headshots.

Oh and the drone comes in handy too. While you only have one twitch drone, if you play carefully with your prep phase drone then you use the twitch one first to clear a path, you have three drones that you can use throughout an individual round to gather intel. It's incredibly valuable for both yourself as an individual, and the team you relay information to.

Just a random tip by the way guys, not sure if you are aware but all of the cars in this game have entirely bullet proof windows. That's significant because it means that anyone next to a car can see his opponents ahead of him, but not be shot. Therefore you can use this to view your opponents, then quickly pop out and shoot them without having to expose yourself to any risk until the moment you are pulling the trigger.

This is what I call 'car advantage'. A couple of good places that you can use this to great effect are the garage entrances of house and consulate. Most players will spend excessive amounts of time attempting to shoot your head through the glass, so it's very easy to take advantage of.

Only thing to be cautious of is that with bigger cars like jeeps, if they go prone you may need to take them out quickly, as they can start hitting your feet.

noomi

Gotcha, I'm going to play around with all operators once I get them unlocked and try different play styles as well. Really enjoying the game :D

Yeah I like mixing it up :) I cant get my head around Jager's ability though
His is rather simple actually. Just attach to a wall (preferably unbreakable) or floor near doorways, windows, or vents that are likely to have grenades thrown through them. It will automatically shoot down incoming grenades. Try to put it out of immediate lines of sight of course, since it is pretty big, and easily shot.

Just don't be like some random guy I played with who put all his devices on wooden barricades, and you'll be okay!

His is rather simple actually. Just attach to a wall (preferably unbreakable) or floor near doorways, windows, or vents that are likely to have grenades thrown through them. It will automatically shoot down incoming grenades. Try to put it out of immediate lines of sight of course, since it is pretty big, and easily shot.

Just don't be like some random guy I played with who put all his devices on wooden barricades, and you'll be okay!

Something I've been doing recently is placing all of the jager devices in one room. That way if one of them triggers I know exactly which room is that the enemy is in.

You can place them randomly too. Like say your team is in the second floor of clubhouse, if you place a jager device randomly in the bar, place it in the middle of the room and once the enemy is there, they will shoot it 90% of the time. This lets jager know exactly where they are.

Possibly not the best example because there is a bar camera anyway, but you get the idea!

Something I've been doing recently is placing all of the jager devices in one room. That way if one of them triggers I know exactly which room is that the enemy is in.

You can place them randomly too. Like say your team is in the second floor of clubhouse, if you place a jager device randomly in the bar, place it in the middle of the room and once the enemy is there, they will shoot it 90% of the time. This lets jager know exactly where they are.

Possibly not the best example because there is a bar camera anyway, but you get the idea!

Never thought of using them specifically as bait, rather than to actually try and shoot down grenades. That's pretty sneaky!

BALLER

But console players gotta learn to lean.

Don't speak as though none of us lean. I think most better players do make good use of the leaning feature.

But you have to bear in mind, that we cannot lean without aiming down the sights. So it's not as prevalent throughout the gameplay because of that.

PC players who use discord. Do you bind two separate push to talk buttons, one in game and one for Discord? Not sure if there is a weird echo when you have push to talk going to both.

Don't speak as though none of us lean. I think most better players do make good use of the leaning feature.

But you have to bear in mind, that we cannot lean without aiming down the sights. So it's not as prevalent throughout the gameplay because of that.

I have my ADS sensitivity cranked, which allows me to walk around with it constantly. With how slow the sights come up I feel like it gives me a pretty good edge. The lean is a bonus.

To be clear, I'm a console player. Just thought, in that video, leaning would have kept him a lot safer when he had his pistol out.

Yeah, like draugh101 said, I'm basically always in ADS when I'm moving through a hot spot or at least checking corners.

atr0cious

What steam controller configuration are you using? I was getting my asked kicked even in situations yesterday, way too hard to pull off headshots from any kind of distance.

I've got a really intricate personal binding that uses the trackpads, gyro, and two stage triggers. I'd give it to you, but steam hasn't figured out where my bindings are. Will PM it to you if you'd like, when I figure it out though.

I have my ADS sensitivity cranked, which allows me to walk around with it constantly. With how slow the sights come up I feel like it gives me a pretty good edge. The lean is a bonus.

It does help, for sure. It's also a means of easily moderating your footsteps, but personally I don't like to walk around with it constantly just because it restricts my field of view.

When I'm sweeping an area I keep it up constantly, like I regularly walk through the top level of the plane with ADS up but personally I don't usually turn around with it on, I just stop adsing then asd again if I need to. I guess in a way that's a disadvantage but usually if someone was behind me ready to shoot me, shooting them back isn't my priority as the situation is already disadvantageous. I usually just pop into cover in that kind of scenario.

PC players who use discord. Do you bind two separate push to talk buttons, one in game and one for Discord? Not sure if there is a weird echo when you have push to talk going to both.

MB5 for in game PTT. Discord on voice activation with RightAlt as a mute key in case I need to mute the mic.

It does help, for sure. It's also a means of easily moderating your footsteps, but personally I don't like to walk around with it constantly just because it restricts my field of view.

When I'm sweeping an area I keep it up constantly, like I regularly walk through the top level of the plane with ADS up but personally I don't usually turn around with it on, I just stop adsing then asd again if I need to. I guess in a way that's a disadvantage but usually if someone was behind me ready to shoot me, shooting them back isn't my priority as the situation is already disadvantageous. I usually just pop into cover in that kind of scenario.

Another downside with the sensitivity up, is if you are panning without it and then attempt to pull up the sights it could make a huge jump. I'm a very very slow player tho. I make use of the entire timeframe to get the job done.

MB5 for in game PTT. Discord on voice activation with RightAlt as a mute key in case I need to mute the mic.

I think I just need to tweak my discord sensitivity. It has been fine since I started using it, but last night I could hear my keyboard clicks on mic, which is really annoying. It was on auto detect threshold, so maybe the ambient noise in my room was lower so it was more sensitive. Just tested it and I think I set a manual level to only pick up voice and not clicks.

Deception

To be clear, I'm a console player. Just thought, in that video, leaning would have kept him a lot safer when he had his pistol out.

Yeah, like draugh101 said, I'm basically always in ADS when I'm moving through a hot spot or at least checking corners.
I do lean a lot but in that video you don't see it but I was initially leaning but the guy couldn't see me so I wanted to stick out so the guy would jump out in front of my teammate for the easy kill.

Love the MAC-11 as a secondary weapon. Combining that with the shotgun primary with Smoke is awesome. Can handle close quarter stuff with the shotty, but also make lots of nice murder holes that you can defend with the MAC-11. It shoots so damn fast but can be pretty deadly in bursts with the pistol grip, compensator and ACOG. Shooting people through penetrable surfaces is also one of the best feelings in this game.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/AthleticImmaterialHarvestmen.webm

iMax

Anyone noticed a purple border on their videos and screenshots on the lower-right? Seems to be related to the gun-bobbing your character makes.

Exactly. If your team is getting fuse'd from the same window or two, try to put multiples around those windows. Fuse can normal get two or three grenades from a charge past one of your devices.

Stat!

Watched some of Serenity17 operator videos today. Completely changed how I play some of the classes on things I never considered before like Mute.

This is just flat out untrue. There are plenty of flanking opportunities from within the structures, not to mention how dynamic the destruction can make the game inside.

EDIT: And let's be real--restricting the ability for defenders to roam outside the house/structure would have very little impact on the game's balance. Seriously, how many rounds/matches has going outside decided for you? Out of the ~240 matches I've played, roaming as a defender has decided maybe...five? Six?

It's a nuisance that's unnecessary--it's not integral to the gameplay or balance.

I've won TONS of matches due to the ability to roam outside. It has gotten me plenty of kills. I specifically remember one match I had with my friends where I was running past a door and I heard an enemy move past the door on the other side. I just blasted through the door and took him out.

Downing enemies is great and all but the most important thing roaming outside has granted me and my teammates is enemy location knowledge. When cameras are knocked out it allows me to see whether they are or are not in specific parts around the building. By having that knowledge, knowledge of the maps layout and the sound design(if you have decent speakers/headphones) you can help predict where they are likely to be coming from or hiding. I think it is definitely integral to gameplay. I feel like you haven't been taking advantage of it enough lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Watched some of Serenity17 operator videos today. Completely changed how I play some of the classes on things I never considered before like Mute.

Why wouldn't you consider Mute though?
Blocking all the entrances so drones can't find the objective is OP as fuck.

Im curious if they will do any balance changes for February's patch.

IQ dreadfully needs a buff. C4 beeps, E.D.Ds are spotted easily, EMPs and Twitch Drone destroy electronics. IQ just... identifies stuff. Absolutely useless.

I think Frost > Kapkan, though both together would force a slower attacking team. Kapkan is too obvious at higher levels, though you get lucky with a kill sometimes.

Thatcher seems to be king of the operators though. He easily counters a number of defenders since he can EMP through walls. Twitch's drone is pretty good at taking out electronics too. IQ + Thatcher decimates a number of defender abilities.

Rook > Medic, but both together can keep your team alive longer, but I'd never pick just Doc, unless I'm playing with a trusted team.

I think Buck will take over Thatcher in terms of being the lethal force of the team. Thatcher is so well rounded and has incredible guns, but Buck could prove to be a lot more versatile.

Thatcher, Thermite, and Rook are always must haves in my opinion.

Top Bottom