• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

-Deimos

Why wouldn't you consider Mute though?
Blocking all the entrances so drones can't find the objective is OP as fuck.

Not really too useful when you've played every map a dozen times already and know the objective locations by heart. It's better to use the jammers to block breaching charges.

Thatcher and Thermite is def a must have combination on offense. Their combined abilities bring sooo much to the attacking team. I hope we get another operator that can take out reinforced walls, as an alternate char to Thermite. But having two characters that can do that on the same team might be a bit much. Really curious to see how the other operators turn out over the course of the year.

Gaz_RB

By the way Gaz, I think I said Twitch wasn't a good operator before, I don't know if I mentioned it but I regret that statement entirely. She's my most played operator. I think the F2 is the best assault rifle in the game. The damage is decent and the rate of fire is nearly a 33% higher than all others. If you can control it, this provides a tremendous advantage when trying to snag headshots.

Oh and the drone comes in handy too. While you only have one twitch drone, if you play carefully with your prep phase drone then you use the twitch one first to clear a path, you have three drones that you can use throughout an individual round to gather intel. It's incredibly valuable for both yourself as an individual, and the team you relay information to.

Haha, I think that was pretty much the only time we've disagreed.

KodaRuss

Watched some of Serenity17 operator videos today. Completely changed how I play some of the classes on things I never considered before like Mute.

I have watched most of his videos. They are all good pointers for the most part.

On another note, I have almost completely switched to ACOG sights on all of my guns and it seems to be working a lot better for me than the holographic sights. I am usually moving pretty slowly through levels and seeing enemies at any distance it is just so much easier to pull of a headshot with the ACOG.

Siddiqui

Watched some of Serenity17 operator videos today. Completely changed how I play some of the classes on things I never considered before like Mute.

He easily has the best youtube channel for Siege. All his videos are on Siege. He's gold 4 on PC and unsurprisingly understands the game better than youtubers who divide their time with other games. He gives proper advice on how to actually play the game on a higher level and doesn't spend too much time on the obvious stuff.

Here's a link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwrxS4HlY-ZQjR2eQOYFlxg This is one of the few channels that focuses on just Siege and this is a game that deserves more dedicated channels.

Smokey

Stat!

I did consider Mute and used him but thats what you shouldn't do! People can deduce where the objective is anyways. you should mute important breaching points so they can't breach through

Why are shotguns in this game?

And the plane map is hot garbage. Just played 5 lvl 140+ players and they exit the plane on start and killed us every time. There's no cover outside, nowhere to go.

RoKKeR

Just got the game, recommendations for good starting Defenders and Attackers? I'm on Xbox One, GT is RoKKeR IV if anybody wants to play sometime. Warning, still a scrub.

It's probably best if on the Plane map, the defending team can never go outside. This already exists for the Reinforcement phase, may as well extend it for that one map.

As for shotguns, they are incredibly lethal and have a lightning fast fire rate.

Pulse is so damn deadly on maps like Plane. Heartbeat Sensor + C4 + Shotgun makes him godlike. If you cant spot him, he has an incredible advantage over you.

A lot of operators seem to have access to C4, and everyone seems to exclusively use it to deal with Montagne/Blitz.

Deception

geez watching the first video and then going to the second is a huge difference :x

that console footage looked like it was struggling in the fps dept
I am recording using the Xbox DVR, and also had to trim together two clips to get that into one. Isnt Xbox DVR capped at 720p30fps?

Xeilyn

Just got the game, recommendations for good starting Defenders and Attackers? I'm on Xbox One, GT is RoKKeR IV if anybody wants to play sometime. Warning, still a scrub.
Thermite and Thatcher are always useful and pretty straightforward attackers. Rook is the easiest defender to start with, just put down his armor bag and you're done. Mute and Bandit are very useful for blocking breaching points, Bandit can only block reinforced walls though.

Watch this guy for some in depth operator guides

It's probably best if on the Plane map, the defending team can never go outside. This already exists for the Reinforcement phase, may as well extend it for that one map.

As for shotguns, they are incredibly lethal and have a lightning fast fire rate.

Pulse is so damn deadly on maps like Plane. Heartbeat Sensor + C4 + Shotgun makes him godlike. If you cant spot him, he has an incredible advantage over you.

A lot of operators seem to have access to C4, and everyone seems to exclusively use it to deal with Montagne/Blitz.

If that were true Glaz would be free to snipe all day on the wing. Kind of silly to craft scenarios where certain spots become uncounterable by defenders

I doubt we'll see anything like that anyway, considering the game was originally designed where defenders had full reign of the outside, I can't see them suddenly blocking access entirely.

If Ubisoft think it's a map specific problem then they should make some alterations to the map. But it can be just as bad on others like house.

geez watching the first video and then going to the second is a huge difference :x

that console footage looked like it was struggling in the fps dept
You just can't be stopped.

Whatever makes you feel better about your choices, even if you have to lie to yourself.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You just can't be stopped.

Whatever makes you feel better about your choices, even if you have to lie to yourself.

? There's a pretty big difference, but maybe it's just the framerate of the video.

skynidas

Banned
yeah, in multiplayer the game looks fantastic, they did a great job. although is always jarring when you swtich to terrorist hunt and the frame rate is cut in half

Gaz_RB

I sucked last night and got carried hard in Ranked :/

Anyone want to play???

PSN. Need people!

We should def play sometime.

And the plane map is hot garbage. Just played 5 lvl 140+ players and they exit the plane on start and killed us every time. There's no cover outside, nowhere to go.

Sounds more like a problem with matchmaking than the Plane map. I do agree there needs to be more cover at the spawns.

Why do you ask why shotguns are in the game?

RobNBanks

Banned

objective location doesn't really matter. Most people will have a general idea of where it's at.

Mute's job is to prevent drones from being able to spot your teammates locations. I had like 3 clutches last night being able to use my drones to find out where remaining enemies were

an under utilized mechanic. people only use it to farm points in the prep phase..

Klyka

Banned
objective location doesn't really matter. Most people will have a general idea of where it's at.

Mute's job is to prevent drones from being able to spot your teammates locations. I had like 3 clutches last night being able to use my drones to find out where remaining enemies were

an under utilized mechanic. people only use it to farm points in the prep phase..

my friends and I usually don't even send our drones to the objective anymore. We can hear or quickly see the general area where they are and then we place our drones around the map in the spots that best look for roamers.

Then we always have someone check through the drones and then move up and so on. works great.

I know a few of you have said the netcode seems even better after 1.3, but I had more kill trades last night than I have in the entirety of playing this game. I think it happened to me 3 times, and to one of my friends once.

In fact, we actually had a round draw because of a kill trade.

first time i got to use tachkakcjina gun against other team. shit was great.
https://youtu.be/sOsWTSYBDec

Haha, we wiped out 4/5 of the enemy team yesterday. Our Blitz flashed Tachanka, who immediately ran away from his mounted MG--then she took it and destroyed them. I don't think they had any idea what happened.

? There's a pretty big difference, but maybe it's just the framerate of the video.

I still think something went wrong with the encoding of his video. I mean, compare his clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLc6zEzq-8I&feature=youtu.be

and a clip I recorded last night:

http://xboxclips.com/Gareth+Marenghi/62b83136-d54b-4dc2-ad52-d26e1ca5ce24

Shotguns are great! Plane map is great, too. Offers a LOT of opportunities for trapping enemies. I was playing as Smoke yesterday and hid far from the objective, at the other end of the plane--where they ended up coming through. I let three of them pass me, then tossed a brick of C4 and got em all. Kinect didn't want to cooperate though :-|

Shotguns are great! Plane map is great, too. Offers a LOT of opportunities for trapping enemies. I was playing as Smoke yesterday and hid far from the objective, at the other end of the plane--where they ended up coming through. I let three of them pass me, then tossed a brick of C4 and got em all. Kinect didn't want to cooperate though :-|

Lol, that's exactly why I hate the plane map. Lack of cover, constantly confined. Shotguns rule the hallways/walls/etc. With a well coordinated 5 man team it is doable, but sometimes that's hard to come by.

As far as shotguns, and I know it's not for me to determine what the "spirit of the game is" but it seems like they play against it. I know that lucky spray and pray kills happen, but the game is about precision. It's about movement and precision, and in the middle of it are these shotguns, that require no aim, no precision, and drop people like a bad habit, sometimes from across the map. It's disheartening to work a map perfectly, leaning my corners as I'm crouching through a doorway, setting off a charge simulateneously on another door to get the defenders to turn. I've got the drop on the defender now. He's three feet in front of me and I've got his back. Because I'm crouched, a headshot is difficult, so I go three three round burst to his upper back/ head area, and he turns and drops me with a shotgun....

I'm rational, I get that they add an element to the game, I get that people spray like crazy with he smgs,etc, but there's something about the complete lack of skill required and watch someone wildly spray from the hip on a kill cam that makes me sick.

I don't remeber them ever being in the Rainbow Six book, which was about quick headshots and movement. Idk, just my take.

Drewfonse

I love Rook and Thatcher, but damn, the more I play, the more I'm choosing Fuze and Kapkan, Their abilities are useful, but it's the optics on their guns which seals it for me. I find it so much easier to land accurate shots with their sights.

And I landed a triple kill with one of Kapkan's EDDs, which felt oh so good.

As a Defender I usually wait to see if anyone picks Rook, and if they don't, I pick him. If they do, it's Kapkan, Mute, or Doc.

As an Attacker I pick Fuze for non hostage situations, and Thatcher for hostage and as my 2nd choice for all other game types. Not a lot of love for Thatcher, but he can really be a game changer.

Sigh. Guess this game will no longer be fun anymore.

Just had a cheater on my team, apparent in game winning killcam when all of his shots hit the enemy's head and were spot on aimbot. Next round I initiated a votekick, nobody else voted, so I shot him in the head when the round started.

Then I got votekicked.

RobNBanks

Banned
Sigh. Guess this game will no longer be fun anymore.

Just had a cheater on my team, apparent in game winning killcam when all of his shots hit the enemy's head and were spot on aimbot. Next round I initiated a votekick, nobody else voted, so I shot him in the head when the round started.

Then I got votekicked.

it's one match

overreaction of the century

etta

my hard graphic balls
I did consider Mute and used him but thats what you shouldn't do! People can deduce where the objective is anyways. you should mute important breaching points so they can't breach through

Not really too useful when you've played every map a dozen times already and know the objective locations by heart. It's better to use the jammers to block breaching charges.
Yea, I suppose, but I'm still new so I think he's OP as hell until I learn all the maps :p

Ye, I plant them at some critical wall and window structures as well.

Smokey

I am recording using the Xbox DVR, and also had to trim together two clips to get that into one. Isnt Xbox DVR capped at 720p30fps?

The X1 and the PS4 can only capture in 30 fps. The game is 60fps in multiplayer and very smooth on both consoles

this makes sense

if anything it's a perfect comparison video for those who claim to not be able to see the difference between 30/60fps

probably an encoding issue like this said, as this looks normal and much better

No Love

Banned

I always pick Mute to stop the drones. Being able to use drones to pick out defenders' hiding spots is insanely useful.

RoKKeR

Ok are the Situations supposed to be really fucking difficult on your own? I'm doing No Data/Intel right now and there are just too many damn enemies once you secure the hostage. Finally got it but man that was a bit frustrating.

Ok are the Situations supposed to be really fucking difficult on your own? I'm doing No Data/Intel right now and there are just too many damn enemies once you secure the hostage. Finally got it but man that was a bit frustrating.

Some of them are kinda tough. Especially the hostage ones as they'll spawn infinitely meaning you'll need to have an escape planned before you grab the hostage.

it's one match

overreaction of the century

It's just a pain because you forfeit all of your XP by getting kicked. The game's anti-cheat is enabled and banning people, but the number of hackers has increased dramatically these past couple of weeks. It's not difficult to make cheats undetectable, I fear it's just going to get worse, y'know?

If that were true Glaz would be free to snipe all day on the wing. Kind of silly to craft scenarios where certain spots become uncounterable by defenders

I doubt we'll see anything like that anyway, considering the game was originally designed where defenders had full reign of the outside, I can't see them suddenly blocking access entirely.

If Ubisoft think it's a map specific problem then they should make some alterations to the map. But it can be just as bad on others like house.

You know what, Plane has an entrance in the back that leads to the top of the plane, and down a hatch to the cargo level

It's not even an option to spawn on, and maybe it should be

RobNBanks

Banned
It's just a pain because you forfeit all of your XP by getting kicked. The game's anti-cheat is enabled and banning people, but the number of hackers has increased dramatically these past couple of weeks. It's not difficult to make cheats undetectable, I fear it's just going to get worse, y'know?

The game will be fine. Hackers haven't stopped CSGO

worst case scenario the hacking gets completely out of control we have to do GAF custom matches to play the game.

olitheoblong

Neo Member
Just started playing this couple of weeks ago really enjoying the game not the rainbow six of old that I loved but still a great multiplayer shooter I like how tense the game gets when your the only one left. This is my first ever post on NeoGaf after about 3 years looking on n daily for gaming news. My PSN: hullksmashhh feel free to add me.

Top Bottom