• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

iMax

What they should do is implement a mechanism that detects team killing in those early times and boots the TK'er and respawns the teammate that was killed so they don't have to get fucked for the whole round.

That would be awesome. Has a game ever implemented that kind of thing before?

sam777

What are the chances of more situations being added? I really enjoy them, they remind me of the side ops missions in Modern Warfare 2.

Randoms don't know how to play bomb defusal... at all.

It's infuriating to watch them just do nothing as a bomb is planted or play it like TDM when they could plant and get an easy win.

kvk1

Not sure if this is what you're issue is, but I noticed that if you access operator loadouts while servers are down, it will reset yoyr skins and such to default next time you log back in.

Thanks bud, this doesn't seem to be my issue but I appreciate the information.

Sounds like it's something on Ubi's end. A couple of people on Reddit reporting missing season passes, bundles, etc.

Randoms don't know how to play bomb defusal... at all.

It's infuriating to watch them just do nothing as a bomb is planted or play it like TDM when they could plant and get an easy win.

Hostage too. I just had a round where someone grabbed a hostage and dropped him outside to go try and kill the last defender. Like wtf he was 2 steps from winning so I had to go finish it.

HiiiLife

idk i may be one of the few people who doesnt care about doing ranked. I enjoy casual fine enough. anything im really missing by not doing ranked besides more xp?

I enjoy it just cause it reminds me of the halo 3 days trying to reach lvl 50. Only well...that ranking system seemed to be actually working when you win. I reached gold in this once, got put into a game that was already over (last round with 5 seconds left, 3-0) and got brought all the way to silver 2 and haven't moved since. It's been like this since December. Bunch of bullshit for that late join lol

Pachimari

That Chalet map counts kinda
What Chalet map?

[edit]

Oh that map. No I don't like it. Because the whole objective is centered around the house. So there won't be any careful sneaking around hiding behind trees and bushes. I honestly hope they'll release a normal Team Deatmatch soon.

Klyka

Banned
What Chalet map?

[edit]

Oh that map. No I don't like it. Because the whole objective is centered around the house. So there won't be any careful sneaking around hiding behind trees and bushes. I honestly hope they'll release a normal Team Deatmatch soon.

Get out.

Profanity

What Chalet map?

[edit]

Well, you're never going to get anything like that, because every map is always going to have a central vehicle/building with which to focus the destruction system.

No Love

Banned

I always do that on that map. Works on other ones too. I've found that putting one jammer in the middle of the stairs and one near the top works brilliantly to catch any that try to jump past you while you're blasting them as Mute. And when you set two up in sequence so the other is at the top of the stairs they usually get caught on it since they run into it too fast, unexpectedly. Then you put two on the windows or walls just in case they try to breach from a window etc.

eML7y3N.png

What Chalet map?

[edit]

Do you not like any of the maps then?

I feel like you may be looking for something from this game, that isn't, and never will be there. These maps haven't been designed with TDM in mind.

Animator

What Chalet map?

[edit]

Call of duty is this way >>>

After playing with Montage more I think I actually prefer him to Blitz. He may not get as many kills as blitz but his "moving wall" style of play is hugely beneficial to the team.

I think Klykka mentioned it, but I also think they should reconsider the absolute OHK headshot rule right now.

LevelCap pointed out that if they're going for realism, there are a number of operators with helmets (or gas masks, for that matter) that are completely ineffectual.

I'd be okay with close range OHK headshots from any weapon, but at range, through walls, with suppressors, etc., I think there should be damage penalties. It would make the weapons feel different and would really eliminate a lot of REALLY??? moments.

Like when I shot a rook'd Rook a few times in the body and he pistols me with one shot to the head.

Losing the OHK headshots will throw this game for a loop and I think will lose it a lot of support. One, the shield classes with be crazy to kill. Two, it's going to speed this game up tremendously and completely change how it's played. The differences in what I see and what another player sees will be even more of a problem as well. It's already frustrating when you know you got a headshot, and it didn't count for whatever reason, but now you need two. It'll make going to single shot, which is incredible in this game and should be used by more people, completely worthless.

I think you're right about the body shots being execessive. I don't know how they determine armor ratings, etc but no one should be taking 12 rounds to the chest. But a headshot is a headshot.

Also, pretty sure those helmets aren't really designed to stop bullets. As far as we were told, they stop shrapnel and maybe a 9mm round. They have stopped an AK round at certain angles but they aren't rated for that. Unless a lot has changed in the last few years.

OHK is "Rainbow Six" if you've read the book, and it's most certainly realistic, although disheartening at times in the game.

Pachimari

Well, you're never going to get anything like that, because every map is always going to have a central vehicle/building with which to focus the destruction system.

Do you not like any of the maps then?

I feel like you may be looking for something from this game, that isn't, and never will be there. These maps haven't been designed with TDM in mind.
I love the current maps. Don't misunderstand me here. Just because I would love to see something else, doesn't mean that I don't like what is currently here. I love the new Rainbow Six and wish I had more time for it and it's probably my favorite shooter currently.

Call of duty is this way >>>
Not funny. Siege is the best shooter on the market.

objective location doesn't really matter. Most people will have a general idea of where it's at.

Mute's job is to prevent drones from being able to spot your teammates locations. I had like 3 clutches last night being able to use my drones to find out where remaining enemies were

an under utilized mechanic. people only use it to farm points in the prep phase..

The more I play the more I think this is how Mute should be used. I personally don't think mute's ability should be used at doors at this stage in the meta. I've been practicing using the drone's to scout above me on various maps. If I see someone crouched or prone and still I go directly under and pump a few bullets in. It's so satisfying.

I'm rational, I get that they add an element to the game, I get that people spray like crazy with he smgs,etc, but there's something about the complete lack of skill required and watch someone wildly spray from the hip on a kill cam that makes me sick.
You must have had a match with me lol. I love the shottys and was using them more but now I find myself going an equal split between shottys and other rifles(even on plane).

Sigh. Guess this game will no longer be fun anymore.

Just had a cheater on my team, apparent in game winning killcam when all of his shots hit the enemy's head and were spot on aimbot. Next round I initiated a votekick, nobody else voted, so I shot him in the head when the round started.

Then I got votekicked.
Lol seems like a slight over-reaction. He could just have really good aim. He might have steady hands and be using high sensitivity

Klyka

Banned
I have started to use Mute jammers for three specific things:

1.) Place them in places to stop drones from finding the objective and then picking them back up.

2.) If I have a castle,I will place them on castle barricaded windows to stop Fuze/breahcing charges

3.) I will spread them around the outskirts of the objective room/rooms to stop any drones from spying inside and giving intel to the attackers.

It has been working pretty well.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Mute jammers can be incredibly effective at preventing entry by denying thermite's breach charges. The only counter is Thatcher, and it's far from guaranteed the enemy will have him. On ranked, that's pretty much their main use.

Lol I can't believe I never thought about picking up the jammers after the prep phase.....

Also I love using thatcher for his rifle. I tend to use him on attack mainly because my friends don't tend to use him often and when all the other characters I like to use on the map I'm in are in use then thatcher is usually a go to for me.

Stat!

Lol I can't believe I never thought about picking up the jammers after the prep phase.....

Also I love using thatcher for his rifle. I tend to use him on attack mainly because my friends don't tend to use him often and when all the other characters I like to use on the map I'm in are in use then thatcher is usually a go to for me.

Yeah, the resident Mute that I play with uses his jammers to block popular breaching spots only.

Personally, I think blocking drones is pointless since they can deduce where the objective is. I know some people prefer that they don't see how your team is set up but they'll likely send a drone in towards the end.

I think there are a few operators that every team should have. Mute is one.

KodaRuss

Yeah, the resident Mute that I play with uses his jammers to block popular breaching spots only.

Personally, I think blocking drones is pointless since they can deduce where the objective is. I know some people prefer that they don't see how your team is set up but they'll likely send a drone in towards the end.

I think there are a few operators that every team should have. Mute is one.

For defending Jager is a must unless it is Hostage as well. Thermite is a must for attacking as well, unless your thermite runs first into the damn building like an idiot and dies immediately.

I have been using thatcher a lot lately, after originally thinking he was kinda useless. I pick him every time unless someone does not choose thermite.

Really looking forward to the new operators just one more week!
Yes, I have the season pass, dont hate me got a good deal on the gold edition

Got this game on Thursday and I'm in love with it. It feels so good when your team pulls off a sweet entry. I got two or three kills rappelling upside down while my team was blowing the opposite door and I also killed all 5 guys in a match as the defender.

My favorite strat has been covering a key stairwell with barbed wire. I set down some wire, leave some open space, and then the other barbed wire. In the open space I hide Smoke's gas canister. When I hear the jingling I wait a second and pop the smoke. They can't escape forwards or backwards and just die.

I just got level 20, do most people just switch to Ranked or should I stick with Casual?

For defending Jager is a must unless it is Hostage as well. Thermite is a must for attacking as well, unless your thermite runs first into the damn building like an idiot and dies immediately.

I have been using thatcher a lot lately, after originally thinking he was kinda useless. I pick him every time unless someone does not choose thermite.

I got the season pass as well during a sale. I don't mind rewarding the practice of free maps with a purchase.

LAM09

Started playing this on a regular basis, but I'm quite shocked by the lack of people using mics. Big contrast to the beta from my experience.

Joined the GAF PS4 community, so I hope to team up with a few of you soon.

Man, I had a lot of connectivity issues this past weekend. Also had my very first hard lock last night--Blitz had just starting banging through a window. As Smoke, I tossed a gas grenade and heard him coughing, as he actually just ran through it. Switch to C4, tossed--HARD LOCK. So frustrating :-|

I used Bing rewards to bring the Season Pass down to less than $20--worth it for me :D

Thatcher is fantastic--any attacking round, I immediately stalk the Thermite/Thatcher selections--I think they're an invaluable duo to have.

Losing the OHK headshots will throw this game for a loop and I think will lose it a lot of support. One, the shield classes with be crazy to kill. Two, it's going to speed this game up tremendously and completely change how it's played. The differences in what I see and what another player sees will be even more of a problem as well. It's already frustrating when you know you got a headshot, and it didn't count for whatever reason, but now you need two. It'll make going to single shot, which is incredible in this game and should be used by more people, completely worthless.

I think you're right about the body shots being execessive. I don't know how they determine armor ratings, etc but no one should be taking 12 rounds to the chest. But a headshot is a headshot.

Also, pretty sure those helmets aren't really designed to stop bullets. As far as we were told, they stop shrapnel and maybe a 9mm round. They have stopped an AK round at certain angles but they aren't rated for that. Unless a lot has changed in the last few years.

OHK is "Rainbow Six" if you've read the book, and it's most certainly realistic, although disheartening at times in the game.

I mean, I've been playing Rainbow Six since I got the demo CD from a PC Gamer mag for the original game. I think the lethality of the weapons is a huge part of the appeal.

It's just beyond frustrating when I'm engaging someone at 20-30 yards, put a few body shots into him, and he bones my (helmeted) head with a pistol or small caliber SMG.

Same for penetration--it's awesome, but bullets lose a LOT of velocity going through multiple layers of drywall, and I wish the damage model reflected that.

I'm just asking for more nuance to the OHK headshot model, not tossing it out completely. High caliber rifles should always be OHK headshots, agreed.

I don't play Battlefield but probably, though this isn't exactly a similar situation, in my opinion.

If your team is so bad as to be being beaten in humiliating ways by the opposition, then what you should be calling for is better matchmaking or a forfeit match button. I don't have a problem with people playing a game within the parameters of the outlined ruleset and I would imagine, if you were spawn camped in Battlefield there are a lot of mistakes that your team made, collectively, that lead up to that situation.

As for the rest of your post, even if they find out where you are with the cameras (please, shoot every outdoor camera), you still have every opportunity to be aware of the potential that you will be shot at. No one but you and your team are responsible for you blindly walking up to the enemies building expecting not to be assaulted in some way. If they pop a barricade early, then it's easy to identify where you are likely to be attacked from. If they don't, then you get to hear it when they do. It's lose / lose for them in that regard. From there, it's not very easy, regardless of knowledge of which side of the building you are on, for them to assault you. Again, you can be anywhere outside, and they have a limited number of windows to poke from. I do not see why it would be at all difficult for the defensive, outdoor team to outplay the aggressive players in this regard, and thus far, with 120 hours played, I haven't experienced any issue with this. It's common for teams to pop second and third floor windows, but I've never had this cause a problem for our team, and I play with a very diverse range of people.

As for the bomb plant thing, because just because they have planted a bomb doesn't mean the defenders deserve to automatically lose, planting a bomb must also require you to have capacity to defend it, and that mechanic is pointless if defending it is effortless. Bomb plants place the cards in your hand, but they should not be an automatic win for the offending team, and as I said, it's nice that the defending team have options to get people off windows, where a bomb defuse would otherwise be next to impossible.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree, mang. We can still find brotherhood in our love for this game <3

If I were to rank the operators from my experience in overall benefit to the team. This is not taking weapon quality into account, just gear

Attackers
Essential:
Thatcher, a cure all of ability problems

Top Tier:
Thermite, getting past reinforcements is generally key to pincering defenders
Ash, best option for getting through walls without getting feet shot out
Montagne, walking straight into a room and just laughing at the defenders while your teammates pick them off. Really really helps getting into certain rooms.

Middle Tier:
Fuze, clusters are super good, but not essential and not as useful to the rest of your team
Twitch, drone is good for going in an picking off annoyances, or for getting a defender to move
Sledge, near infinite use is nice, but ash is generally better
Blitz, His instant flash is great, but he doesnt have the speed/survivability of montagne to be as useful to the team
Glaz, great at flushing enemies out or picking them off...when the map allows

Fucking awful please buff tier
IQ

Defenders

Essential Tier:
Mute, need your best chance to stop thermite
Bandit, also good at stopping thermite, and possily even better than mute. A good listener can pop electric on the wall right as he hears thermite putting his shit down. Hurting thermite and breaking the charge. Loses out over mute when it comes to defending castle walls
Rook, nothing easier for benefitting the whole team than buffing their armor

Top Tier:
Jager, stopping fuze clusters can be good, but he doesnt get every one. Stopping grenades and thatcher EMPs tends to be better. Thatcher still laughs from the other side of a wall
Castle, his walls are amazing, but certain maps you are often better off just not having them in the way, which is the only reason I don't have him in essential tier

Middle Tier:
Tachanka, placing his gun is a pain in the ass and hurts him. He does a good job at laying some brutal cover fire on the right map, as well as preventing entry.
Smoke, His grenades are usually only good for buying time, which can be enough.
Pulse, killing repelling fuzes that are trying to plant is fun
Doc, so many people die too quick to ever actually revive, especially since headshots are instant kill. Still picking up a teammate for 75 health can be powerful, and if you down safe or trade downs its always nice to get yourself back up.
Kapkan, most people in ranked will never fall for his shit, but its still good in doorways that force your enemy to give away their position and deal with the trap. And you still get some lucky kills on shield guys and enemies you manage to bait.

Stat!

EDIT: Above post - I agree with (mostly but nothing too bad). Each one has their use. For example, Pulse? I think it can be a Top tier if you have 5 defenders on a mic and are sitting more back in the objective. Low tier if with randoms. I wouldn't put Ash in top tier but I would put Ash ahead of Sledge. I'd move up Glaz too especially if the map is in daylight.

Smoke is exactly good for buying time. I have Castle mid-tier as well just cause if you have a pulse, he gets in the way. I'd also put Glaz/Fuze ahead of someone like Sledge.

I agree about Thermite but I hesitate on Jager (and I do like Jager). I would say these the most necessary operators:

Mute, Thermite, Thatcher.

Slight level below but still amazing to have: Rook, Jager.

Though I think having 2 of Mute, Rook, Jager are good. But definitely need a Thermite, Thatcher. Though a great Glaz is also helpful.

I actually think Pulse is great as an in-room defender AND a roamer. His HB sensor is fantastic for ambushing Attackers. Got killed by roaming Pulse a few times yesterday :-|

Stat!

I actually think Pulse is great as an in-room defender AND a roamer. His HB sensor is fantastic for ambushing Attackers. Got killed by roaming Pulse a few times yesterday :-|

The only thing to note is that as a roamer, he has a slight issue with not being able to shut the fuck up or at the very least whisper to himself when he pulls out his cardiac sensor.

Its unfortunate really.

Raytow

I have a question, have the game bought from a nvidia code, that means its uplay all the way, can I buy the season pass on steam and use it on uplay? have wallet money to spend.

Stat!

^^ lol im sad now

i use IQ
ability is terrible but i love her guns tho and the shoes.
maybe let her hack equipment

I think IQ has great guns.

I don't normally play IQ but I would run the AUG and at the start of the round, take off running. Try to catch people looking at cameras who are also roaming off guard. She's best as a flanker due to her speed/low armor/and not as useful abilities on the front line.

That being said, I think she is lower than say an Ash as a flanker. I think she might be more useful in say ranked, where you can point out to your thatcher where the mute jammers are more quickly.

Top Bottom