• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Klyka

Banned
You handing out any Neo Gaf gold for that?

0c7b4f81eccbf1165a6406c1eea3bfe5_zpsab068702.jpg

Of course. :)

HiiiLife

Tired of the ghosting glitch. Too many times have I aimed chest level cause I see the shape of a body just to be killed because they were actually crouched or proned.

I find the the inconsistent framerate nauseating. At least on Yacht, where I tested it.

Yea Im sure its not for everyone, but I have absolutely no issues with it. I think it plays way better, and aligns with the movement and reaction times when aiming/shooting in MP 60FPS. My 30FPS reaction time against the A.I on higher difficult never gave me a fighting chance to shoot them, before the aim bot downed me in a few rounds of gunfire. Then again Im a guy who played Infamous SS unlocked, and saw little to know difference with framerate "jutter" during dropped scenes.

Is it just me, or does the repel rope hook on maybe like a second faster in MP? I feel like I don't have to hold down (X) as long a before the update lol.

That sleeve tattoo just doesnt make much sense to me. Its a polynesian tattoo and she is very white with bleach blonde hair. Also, as a Seal it just doesnt make sense to do something like that that would really make you stand out?

Maybe I am just taking it all too seriously or just missing something entirely.

That's a placeholder model, I doubt it's finished. Her concept art/profile pic looks better:

FH2nFHp.jpg

HiiiLife

That sleeve tattoo just doesnt make much sense to me. Its a polynesian tattoo and she is very white with bleach blonde hair. Also, as a Seal it just doesnt make sense to do something like that that would really make you stand out?

Maybe I am just taking it all too seriously or just missing something entirely.

Didn't make sense to me either.

New map and operators look cool but...

Any word on new game modes? I know i'll be hung around here but i got burned out on the same old attack/defend. Wasn't there mention of no respawn, objective-less TDM at some point?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Uneven frames during T-Hunt is one thing, but combined with the choppy camera when slow-panning... fucking gross.

Have they commented on why the camera gets choppy while panning on PS4, or even acknowledged it?

This is my no. 1 gripe (well besides no lean that I always bitch about).

I cannot stand it. What's the point of 60 fps if it feels like the gun moves horizontally at 15 fps?

This is seriously gross and something needs to be done. Been an issue since day one.

Need to start practicing with flash bangs again because they are incredible now.

0wtgxoK.gif
This is me every time I try to throw a flashbang through a murder hole, a vent, or under a barricade. I can get emp grenades to roll right under, but not flashbangs. I'm almost convinced it isn't possible.
I'm sure my aim just sucks

KodaRuss

is that real? that dude almost shot the other guy.

Looks real, I do not know though. The dude does fire his weapon off though which is crazy. Could be a training exercise with blanks but not sure if blanks still cause the muzzle to flash (Dont think they do?)

EDIT: Or maybe he doesnt fire his weapon and the flashbang (Firework? Haha) has three charges in it?

Pachimari

He doesn't fire his gun, it's the flashbang.

Anyway, at what times do Europe GAF play? I haven't played with you guys for weeks.

KodaRuss

He doesn't fire his gun, it's the flashbang.

Anyway, at what times do Europe GAF play? I haven't played with you guys for weeks.

Are you on PS4? Have you joined the thread?

I ranked up to Gold II last night from I after only one match. We won and I had the most points but that was a pretty quick rank up.

That's a placeholder model, I doubt it's finished. Her concept art/profile pic looks better:

FH2nFHp.jpg

Interesting tat sleeves..I took a few things from her for the next update, purely SPECULATION

-She's a defender based on what looks like a SMG
-The SMG kind of looks like a Sig MPX
-I hope the free map is desert themed, surrounding a US special forces situation.

-What kind of ability do you peeps want/think she'll have? Whats missing ability wise as a defender in your opinion?

Evolved1

Interesting tat sleeves..I took a few things from her for the next update, purely SPECULATION

-I hope the free map is desert themed, surrounding a US special forces situation.

-What kind of ability do you peeps want/think she'll have? Whats missing ability wise as a defender in your opinion?
Her sunglasses work. She drops 'em like Sam Fisher, reduces all outside glare around entrances and windows. (this would actually fit with a desert-themed map) Maybe impervious to flashbangs.

Whenever she equips them on a night map, the song plays on any nearby jukebox or speakers.

They also let her see attacker laser sights that Ubi will otherwise soon patch out for opposing teams.

This is obviously a joke post, but the eye black on her almost makes it seem plausible, since its purpose is to absorb light glare. Fits the theme.

And if it turns out to be true, obviously this was a serious post. And I should win something.

Her actual gadget will be an IED, since that is just tone deaf enough for a modern military shooter

Well, consider that JTF-2 Operator "theme" was "works in cold/adverse weather". Frost's trap is purely mechanical (not electronic or affected by EMP), while Buck's is a Master Key attachment.

I'm not sure what the Navy Seals' "theme" would be, but it looks like they're prepped for duty in the Middle East.

Menthuss

They really need to fix whatever issue is causing these drops in framerate. They are starting to pop up in more and more places.

Huh. From reddit--they changed the MP7 sights. Old:

New:

Note how the irons stay even with the holo sight. Is it this way with all weapons now? I noticed that Buck's M16 still has the front iron up even with attached sights.

EDIT: Fuck, I won't get a chance to play until tomorrow night--I really want to use this strategy while people are still new to Frost.

Like I said, I haven't played as her yet--but Frost seems like she might be one of those building blocks of a strong defender team.

Drewfonse

Haven't got the new map yet but I forgot about setting my preferences so I'm going to try that tonight. Didn't have any standout rounds last night, didn't do so well a lot of the time. I did have one game where our last teammate thought that you had to manually melee the bomb to destroy it instead of holding down the button. He just sat there hitting it until we lost

I did that the first time that I tried to defuse. I was so proud of myself for finally getting to the bomb. Le Sigh.

M_A_C

How's the community and cheating/hacking on PC? Will the population be large and sustainable? Thinking of double dipping.

Evolved1

Am I crazy or did they decrease the distance to which you need to be near whatever surface you're hitting?

I feel like I literally have to kiss the door/wall/etc. to sledge it down now.
The first time I tried it, I still whiffed. lol

Lourio

Has anyone managed to queue up Yacht? Hopefully tonight I can play at least once!

Tried setting my playlist to Yacht with no luck. Ended up searching on Youtube for some sort of walkthrough - found 1 decent video.

Hm, what about an electronic sensor that senses attackers coming when they pass through it? They already exist to a degree in maps like the Bank.

Or, 2 placeable cameras that can be discreetly placed around the map.

Both would be countered by Thatcher and detectable by IQ.

By the way, I feel like classes like Mute are becoming underpowered by Thatcher's insane ability to EMP through walls. I kind of hope that the EMPs get tweaked.

I pretty much don't see Mute being useful anymore because a muted wall can really easily be EMPd.

New R6S Community Corner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF8pjn5V9g4

Focuses on the process of making a Siege map, as well as discussing some of the map suggestions from the community.

He actually mentions that they tried a skyscraper type map (like, The Raid), where attackers spent a good 15 seconds slowly moving down through the floors via rappelling, but weren't satisfied with it. Still open to trying it or approaching it a new way.

KodaRuss

Focuses on the process of making a Siege map, as well as discussing some of the map suggestions from the community.

He actually mentions that they tried a skyscraper type map (like, The Raid), where attackers spent a good 15 seconds slowly moving down through the floors via rappelling, but weren't satisfied with it. Still open to trying it or approaching it a new way.

That's cool, I suggested that on here earlier. Would be cool if they could figure out how to make that work. Ill have to watch it later

Evolved1

I feel like I watched this a month ago, or more. lol

Klyka

Banned
Any PC dudes have any opinions or does the silence tell me about the population?

PC community is perfectly healthy and quite big.
Steam concurrent players are peaking every day around 13-14k, most players have the game on Uplay cause it was/is way cheaper to get there.

I play the game every day with my friends and it runs flawlessly for us.
Encountered an obvious cheater once and never have run into the same players before.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Any PC dudes have any opinions or does the silence tell me about the population?

I've only ran into one or two absolutely blatent cheaters on PC. The rest are questionable at best, but mostly just higher end players who get pooled against less experienced players who don't understand some of the tactics in play.

Population is fairly healthy, though my group and I run into the same players even through the Casual matchmaking from time to time. Matchmaking times are very rarely over 20 seconds when we have a premade group of 5.

Pretty great so far. At least since release. Jump into the Discord. There's between 5-15 of us from GAF and other places that jump in their everyday around 8p.m. pst.
What is Discord?

I need people to play this with.

A new voice client like Mumble, Teamspeak, etc. that works very well and even in a browser(though the client is much better) and is a very small download and low overhead.

Link to the channel. But download the client instead of using the web-based version. It let's you adjust volumes and sensitivities if needed.

i honestly dont get team killers. i get accidents but why do people go out of their way to kill you at the start? like to feel better about having a tiny penis?

Vorheez

I'm still upset there are no new operator videos. Can someone console me?

Like, how am I supposed to characterize them now? What if Buck is meant to be some brute who lost his family when he was 7 and only talks in code? I will never know.

Frost could have been a retired military surgeon who went through a psychological breakdown and got tired of fixing bullet holes, and decided she wanted to make them instead.

Or her love for hunting went beyond breaking the limbs of poor helpless animals and decided she wanted to go after some real game...

Like, think of all the missed opportunities

Top Bottom