• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

M_A_C

i honestly dont get team killers. i get accidents but why do people go out of their way to kill you at the start? like to feel better about having a tiny penis?

about 50% of the PS4 casual games I just played had them in there. and people don't seen to know how to kick on PS4.

Playing on PS4, all default controls. Using my right stick when I look to my right I turn at like 3/4 or 1/2 the speed as when I turn to my left.

It's like when you have aiming magnetism like in Halo, where your aim speed slows down while your crosshairs are on a target, except its just doing that every time I look right.

Double checked all my settings, isn't happening in any other game. Is this a known issue?

Dranakin

I need to use a GS B2G1 coupon before it expires and R6: Siege is within my price range. Is it worth picking up at this point? I read and watched reviews, but you know how it goes with online-focused games: it takes awhile to fully assess the game.

Klyka

Banned
I need to use a GS B2G1 coupon before it expires and R6: Siege is within my price range. Is it worth picking up at this point? I read and watched reviews, but you know how it goes with online-focused games: it takes awhile to fully assess the game.

Pretty much everyone in this thread is in love with the game, despite some of it's problems, because the gameplay is that awesome.

Valkrai

Hitboxes are so fucked. I hate getting a hs but it not counting as one or getting hit behind cover because of some asshole with 200 ping.

Ill get on soon.

Man, Im really pissed how much the patch broke.

Headshot inconsistency. Weird T Shape glitch. Supposed Glaz/Castle Wall glitch. Come on.

The new map also has some exploits too. Do they hotfix these things or are we going to have to wait for mid Feb?

hao chi

Hm, what about an electronic sensor that senses attackers coming when they pass through it? They already exist to a degree in maps like the Bank.

Or, 2 placeable cameras that can be discreetly placed around the map.

Both would be countered by Thatcher and detectable by IQ.

By the way, I feel like classes like Mute are becoming underpowered by Thatcher's insane ability to EMP through walls. I kind of hope that the EMPs get tweaked.

I pretty much don't see Mute being useful anymore because a muted wall can really easily be EMPd.

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing less people using Mute now. Done changes to Thatcher and/or Mute would be nice.

is that real? that dude almost shot the other guy.

I am in the military, have done CQC and room clearing/kill house training, and can confirm these blunders happen all the time haha. Especially in the early phase of your training when your getting used to your teams. It's quite a reality check when real life doesn't go a smoothly as a round of COD.

Keihart

I just saw like 3 players getting kicked by "Fairfight" today...so there is hacking on PS4 too?

If that's the case, cool that they are getting kicked at least.

Animator

Dat warm feeling when you are 4 vs 5 and losing 2-0 to the shit talking enemy team and then you come back and pull a 3-2 win.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Dat warm feeling when you are 4 vs 5 and losing 2-0 to the shit talking enemy team and then you come back and pull a 3-2 win.

They certainly feel great, though I wish there was an option to simply turn off the all-chat. For every game that's had enjoyable banter between teams, there's dozens more filled with constantly spewed hate speech and verbal assaults that I don't really fancy having to deal with when I choose to play anything. I can't think of too many games besides League of Legends which actually killed all-chat, or at least gave you the ability to opt-out in case you didn't want it.

Animator

They certainly feel great, though I wish there was an option to simply turn off the all-chat. For every game that's had enjoyable banter between teams, there's dozens more filled with constantly spewed hate speech and verbal assaults that I don't really fancy having to deal with when I choose to play anything. I can't think of too many games besides League of Legends which actually killed all-chat, or at least gave you the ability to opt-out in case you didn't want it.

Oh man cannot agree more. We should start a suggestion thread on the official forums because I would love that.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I would co-sign the heck out of this petition. I do not need or want to communicate with the other team at all.

Sectus

I definitely agree with that. Almost all chat from the opposing team have been angry insults.

Drewfonse

Still haven't seen Yacht after 4 hrs of play. Oh well, I'm sure it'll pop up soon.

I will say that my results post patch have been pretty bad. I feel like I'm spraying all over the place and missing easy kills. Probably just in my head.

This game has almost certainly become my all time favorite MP game. 2 months straight of playing it, and yet I still get that "fuck yeah!" feeling when I pull one out for the team or bust a double kill while upside down rappelling or.....you get the idea.

Amazing game.

Gaz_RB

So I will be setting up a GAF tournament for the PS4.

Any specific rules or bans on Operators that you want to see?
I'd probably hold off till Ghost Body has been fixed. That would probably destroy some friendships if it came up during a GAF tourney. Also, hit me up if you need any help setting it up.

KodaRuss

Still haven't seen Yacht after 4 hrs of play. Oh well, I'm sure it'll pop up soon.

I will say that my results post patch have been pretty bad. I feel like I'm spraying all over the place and missing easy kills. Probably just in my head.

This game has almost certainly become my all time favorite MP game. 2 months straight of playing it, and yet I still get that "fuck yeah!" feeling when I pull one out for the team or bust a double kill while upside down rappelling or.....you get the idea.

Amazing game.

I have not seen the Yacht either with about the same amount of time played. I have played the damn bank map probably half the games I have been in though.

My results have been kinda mixed since the patch, some good, some awful. There have been a couple times were I have been killed almost instantly without a headshot. Sometimes I feel like I have to put 7+ bullets into a guy before they go down, I have been downed in two shots tons of times (non headshots or glaz).

Last night I saw someone get kicked on PS4 by fairfight? Anyone seen that, I figured it was only on PC <---- EDIT: Not PS4

Also, I was using Glaz and I missed a ton of shots on a dude running through the side of the building on House. Anyway, one of my random teammates later messaged me and said they were speed glitching? Anyone heard of that?

I have not seen the Yacht either with about the same amount of time played. I have played the damn bank map probably half the games I have been in though.

My results have been kinda mixed since the patch, some good, some awful. There have been a couple times were I have been killed almost instantly without a headshot. Sometimes I feel like I have to put 7+ bullets into a guy before they go down, I have been downed in two shots tons of times (non headshots or glaz).

Last night I saw someone get kicked on PS4 by fairfight? Anyone seen that, I figured it was only on PS4.

Also, I was using Glaz and I missed a ton of shots on a dude running through the side of the building on House. Anyway, one of my random teammates later messaged me and said they were speed glitching? Anyone heard of that?

Yeah! A friend and I saw this last night too. FairFightTM

Drewfonse

Last night I saw someone get kicked on PS4 by fairfight? Anyone seen that, I figured it was only on PS4.

I've seen fair fight boots on the Xbox, too

I've been noticing some headshots just being swallowed up by the game.

weird.

My friends and I have had some experiences where the game registers a headshot but it does no damage or only incapacitates. By that I mean, the 'headshot' text appears with the score bonus at the right side of the screen, but the person doesn't die.

Kind of odd. As the game is clearly registering them.

Then I've also had a few where I've been headshot at a window that I was a good 5 or more feet away from. On the killcam it shows the player shooting at an empty window. Just as it did on my screen. Maybe that's just extreme lag though.

KodaRuss

Saw it several times on PS4 yesterday, but no one was removed. How it is supposed to work?

From what I have seen on some PC videos it identifies the player cheating and immediately kicks them. Usually it is from people using Aimbots on PC which is not possible on console. Kinda weird, I need to message the dude back who I was playing with that said the other team was speed glitching us last night.

It stated that someone was kicked via FairFight in my match but I dont think they were ever actually removed.

Amneisac

Saw it several times on PS4 yesterday, but no one was removed. How it is supposed to work?

I think the kicks are globally broadcast. At least on PC so far, none of the names were people in our matches, but it kept notifying us of people being kicked.

I definitely agree with that. Almost all chat from the opposing team have been angry insults.

Is this a PC only thing?

Top Bottom