• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Via reddit, higher res SAT pic:

h4f9npR.jpg

So the new CTUs are:

Canadian JTF-2
United States DEVGRU/SEAL
Japanese SAT

How certain are we that the other CTU is Brazilian? Was that leaked?

Anyone have a weird graphical glitch where the character model goes all out of wack. I had it so I couldn't see when I crouched and some weird stuff after rappelling as well. Like parts of my own character model were getting in the way of my camera. I should screenshot it next time.

NeoGiff

Randoms can be absolutely infuriating.

I had essentially clutch killed three enemies, and had an easy kill waiting for the fourth guy, when my idiot teammate ran in just as the enemy popped out, forcing me to stand up as my view was blocked and causing us both to die. We had a definite win in the bag if he hadn't been greedy and charged in like a complete idiot.

It annoyed me so much because I had played amazingly up to that point.

https://youtu.be/799S5dgw1Ms

Gaz_RB

Ranked. PS4. Right now. Who's in?

Anyone have a weird graphical glitch where the character model goes all out of wack. I had it so I couldn't see when I crouched and some weird stuff after rappelling as well. Like parts of my own character model were getting in the way of my camera. I should screenshot it next time.

...Ghost Body.

It happens if you say Tom Clancy's name 3 times in a dark room.

M_A_C

Randoms can be absolutely infuriating.

I had essentially clutch killed three enemies, and had an easy kill waiting for the fourth guy, when my idiot teammate ran in just as the enemy popped out, forcing me to stand up as my view was blocked and causing us both to die. We had a definite win in the bag if he hadn't been greedy and charged in like a complete idiot.

It annoyed me so much because I had played amazingly up to that point.

https://youtu.be/799S5dgw1Ms
Yeah I get people walking in front of me a lot when I have someone all lined up. I've just killed my teammate and the enemy the last couple times lol.

Hm, what about an electronic sensor that senses attackers coming when they pass through it? They already exist to a degree in maps like the Bank.

Or, 2 placeable cameras that can be discreetly placed around the map.

Both would be countered by Thatcher and detectable by IQ.

By the way, I feel like classes like Mute are becoming underpowered by Thatcher's insane ability to EMP through walls. I kind of hope that the EMPs get tweaked.

I pretty much don't see Mute being useful anymore because a muted wall can really easily be EMPd.
The camera setup is actually a neat idea. Set up surveillance in one of the unguarded bomb rooms would be clutch. Motion sensors would actually be useful too, depending on how they're implemented. Thatcher is my favorite attacker, but I do agree that his EMP is crazy powerful. They could make Jagers trophy system more useful by allowing it to negate wall thrown thatcher nades If the system is placed on a wall instead of the floor idk. Ive noticed though that a lot of people are abandoning thatcher for buck since he's new but less useful Cough Cough

KodaRuss

The camera setup is actually a neat idea. Set up surveillance in one of the unguarded bomb rooms would be clutch. Motion sensors would actually be useful too, depending on how they're implemented. Thatcher is my favorite attacker, but I do agree that his EMP is crazy powerful. They could make Jagers trophy system more useful by allowing it to negate wall thrown thatcher nades If the system is placed on a wall instead of the floor idk. Ive noticed though that a lot of people are abandoning thatcher for buck since he's new but less useful Cough Cough

Yes, big mistake. Thatcher is very very good.

I have kinda given up on Buck and I think a lot of people have as well after watching games were no one is picking up when people are picking Frost. There are too many other useful attackers to have then a dude who basically has two primaries and no real special skill.

Thatcher and Thermite are BFF and are must haves. Ash, Blitz, Sledge and Glaz are what I see a lot right now. Sorry Buck

I feel like Buck would be a better defender. Running shotty + assault rifle would be much better for murder holes and close quarters defending.

LAM09

From what I have seen on some PC videos it identifies the player cheating and immediately kicks them. Usually it is from people using Aimbots on PC which is not possible on console. Kinda weird, I need to message the dude back who I was playing with that said the other team was speed glitching us last night.

It stated that someone was kicked via FairFight in my match but I dont think they were ever actually removed.

I was surprised when I first saw it as I wasn't aware cheating was possible on console (probably isn't).

I think the kicks are globally broadcast. At least on PC so far, none of the names were people in our matches, but it kept notifying us of people being kicked.

Ok. I guess they must be doing the same thing on PS4 as well.

Happened to me last night. Every time I crouched a big black polygon would take up the top 2/3 of my screen. So I was just crawling around everywhere like a dipshit. Happened as Rook.

Happened to me last night. Every time I crouched a big black polygon would take up the top 2/3 of my screen. So I was just crawling around everywhere like a dipshit. Happened as Rook.

Yup same exact scenario, same operator too. It also happened to a lesser degree as Thatcher after rapeling. I could still so though but there was a weird outline on my screen instead of the full block that happened with Rook.

NeoGiff

Ghostman glitch was at its absolute worst today. Three of my teammates had it, and it made defending the objective horribly confusing when there were random ghosts standing around the room.

Then, I died when I should have had an easy kill in ranked, because I crept around a corner to find an enemy facing away from me. I pumped a full clip into the upright ghost body, before the Ash character model appeared out of thin air lying prone, spun around, and killed me while I was reloading.

It's fucking disgraceful.

LAM09

Gltches seem worse for some reason. Can't see anything when I crouch, as half the screen is covered.

Patch seems to have done more wrong than right.

I just played a match with the worse hit detection yet. It was also the first time where everyone's pings went to ~500+ at the same time out of no where. Is there a hack that makes bullets hit detection worse for the hacker? Cause this one dude seemed un-hitable at anything other than point blank. Maybe it was just a bad server.

NeoGiff

I've been trying to do a realistic terrorist hunt for an hour straight to get the trophy, and I keep failing not because I'm shit, but because everyone's ping is 700+. This is crazy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Bombers really hurt t-hunt. Sick of them, they ruin realistic.

Filben

Did they patch some kind of protection for guys being outside or what's that shit? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwUooB9apk
Seem's like non-cheat and Ubifail related:
An attacker who is rappelling and looking at drone cameras will be invincible until they stop looking at the cameras.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/445s04/community_bug_list_and_wish_list/

I will stop playing this crap until they fixed all those glitches and bugs.

NeoGiff

Definitely. Everything can be going well and you can be proceeding at a nice cautious pace. Then suddenly you hear Darth Vader breathing and the whole team starts sprinting wildly around, to be killed either by the bomber or other enemies they had so far avoided.

I hated them at first but they're so loud its almost impossible to be caught off guard by them. There are only one or two of them in a map on normal, and they seem to exist purely to require players to cautiously advance. The first thing I do when lone wolfing is find out where they're patrolling and try to take them out first.

How many of them spawn in a realistic match?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I hated them at first but they're so loud its almost impossible to be caught off guard by them. There are only one or two of them in a map on normal, and they seem to exist purely to require players to cautiously advance. The first thing I do when lone wolfing is find out where they're patrolling and try to take them out first.

How many of them spawn in a realistic match?
Depends. Just like normal, you have two roving at the outset. They will both aggro any sound they hear and take the shortest path to you, usually breaking through windows and dropping down from floors above. They are the only enemy that will run and shoot, all other AI are stop and pop. Despite running and firing, they have laser accuracy, and can only be killed by headshots. Their headlamp sometimes (situationally) can make this difficult, especially when they OHK you with a headshot at full sprint.

Unlike normal difficulty, the mid-round spawn brings at least one more who is outside, and will hunt you down. Usually on normal, after you kill the first two bombers and a handful of vanillas, you get those 4-5 guys who spawn outside, but the addition of bombers on realistic really sucks. Then you have more spawn near the end (depending on the mode).

They just suck, their behavior is very un-Clancy and they proliferate every Hunt mode. For the worse.

I play mostly solo hunt btw, compounding things.

Anyone up for terrorist hunt on realistic on Xbox One?

I never find someone to play with and lone wolf is not as fun!

Ottosporteman is the gamertag.

hunchback

Anyone up for terrorist hunt on realistic on Xbox One?

I never find someone to play with and lone wolf is not as fun!

Ottosporteman is the gamertag.

I'm on XB1. My Gt is DblTap I have a mic but I'm not that good but would love to play with someone. I do alot of solo TH.

Haha, not for the specific match I played. So frustrating.

Console.

I don't disagree that its not ready for esports but "broken mess" is a bit much.

I'm REALLY hoping they focus solely on networking and bug fixes this month. They need a solid foundation when they start the league or the game will be forgotten in the competitive scene.

My condolences.
Patch was not kind to you.

Haha, thanks. You're right.

I don't disagree that its not ready for esports but "broken mess" is a bit much.

I'm REALLY hoping they focus solely on networking and bug fixes this month. They need a solid foundation when they start the league or the game will be forgotten in the competitive scene.

Yeah, you're right. I just get so frustrated by what is broken which is connection-type issues.

Thatcher and Thermite will always be a must have. Buck is not that original of an idea, but I guess having a pure death machine is handy. People really underestimate how important it is to have both long and short range advantage, and buck does just that.

I actually feel like Frost is too good of a killing force for a defender. I mean, her ability is not so different from Kapkan if she can instantly end the game for the last attacker. I wish we could actually remove the bear trap ourselves. Her whole role should be to slow down defenders, damage them, and get their guard down, but the fact that she flat out ends games seems to really make her outshine Kapkan in my opinion.

Her placements are crazy too-- at the top of ladders can pretty much close of an area for example.

Thatcher is tricky to balance, but Mute and Bandit seem to get it worst from him. One EMP for a wall your team is breaching, and you're as good as ready to breach and negate a Shock Wall or a Mute.

I guess this is where Kapkan, Frost, and roamers in general come in handy. Getting rid of Thatcher is so important, but I swear it's been so easy for me to chuck EMPs into the objective and give my team the ability to wreak havoc.

The thing is, even without Thatcher, a Twitch drone does wonders. I actually wish that Thatcher disabled electronics for a period of time instead.

As it is now, Jager > Thatcher > Mute. And the fact that Mute has to put his jammers close to the wall, and that EMPs go through walls means that Mute is usually unable to jam a breach often enough.

I guess that's how it has to be, but I'm curious what would happen if Thatcher had to use EMPs more conservatively.

Dat hyperbole.

He isn't wrong. At all. The game is far from ready for competitive.

The new patch added more bugs, and worse bugs. Inconsistent headshots. Issues with clientside/serverside detection of castle walls. T-Body bug that is quite frequent.

They've been trying to push it as an esports title but there are a number of issues, some of which they havent mentioned fixing. The pawn rotation, this one issue where you teleport/fall through barriers like stairs and walls

Everybody puts up with this game because it's still that great, but it's undoubtedly a mess.

Just had a match where I got downed from full armor + vest as Kapkan from across the room by Buck's shotgun, headshot by a shield after shooting them while they stared at me with their shield down, and stuck in a window and being completely unable to escape (even after being downed).

I quit. When the new patch comes out, I'll be back, but I am so fucking fed up with all these bugs in every match I play. To have so many happen in a single match made me want to scream.

E-flux

Phew... I just had an ranked game on plane where the enemy team was losing 3-1 they started using a glitch where they clipped inside of the plane and could shoot people outside of the plane, or inside.

They were super scummy about it too and were laughing that "It isn't a cheat" game was down 4-4 and we managed to kill the glitchers before they managed to get back inside of the plane and won the match.

Just had a match where I got downed from full armor + vest as Kapkan from across the room by Buck's shotgun, headshot by a shield after shooting them while they stared at me with their shield down, and stuck in a window and being completely unable to escape (even after being downed).

I quit. When the new patch comes out, I'll be back, but I am so fucking fed up with all these bugs in every match I play. To have so many happen in a single match made me want to scream.

Yep.

Everybody puts up with this game because it's still that great, but it's undoubtedly a mess.

Maybe it's just a matter of relativity. When I think "a mess", I think of MCC, BF4, etc., where the game was literally unplayable for months at a time for large numbers of players.

jond76

Banned
I just bought this like a fool. When I pre-ordered The Division, I got free RS money... combined with the reset praise thread... I couldn't resist!

Currently working my way through situations...

Holy shit, trying to get a match out of this game is like russian roulette. My first game I was kicked after the first round I don't know why, the second game I joined in the final round, the third game my entire team left in the second round, and my fourth game I again joined in the final round. Fucking awful.

Top Bottom