• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

oo7

So did the update break Kapkans trip mines? Just about every one I place now doesn't go across the doorway. It goes the opposite way.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy crap the game is in bad shape for me tonight. Constant rubberbanding despite my ping being in the 60s and everyone turned into these weird t-pose ghosts. They had arms legs and a head that floated around but a black outline stood locked in a t-pose above them.

CabJQPIUUAA6F93.jpg:large

CabJI0rUkAIOA_z.jpg:large

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This was a mess of a patch. Left the game in a sorry state. Love that the weapon models are still showing ironsights even with optics equipped. And how can you miss ghostman that happens with such frequency?

They seem asleep at the wheel.

Question guys.

I want to buy the season pass on greenmangaming, but it's a UPlay code. I bought the actual game on steam. If I bought and activated the UPlay version of the season pass would everything work fine? As far as I can tell the steam version barely interacts with steam, but if I check for DLC on UPlay for the game it DOES direct me right to the steam store, so i'm not sure.

What's up everyone, I just bought the game, on PS4, and wanted to get some veteran players to show me the ropes of this game? :p

My PSN: xVaalbarAx

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
PS4 PLAYERS!
We have both a community and a favorite group for R6!

THE COMMUNITY can be joined by selecting my PSN profile (thetrinidad) and looking at my communities. It is an open community so no invite is required to join.

THE FAVORITES GROUP WILL ENABLE YOU TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVELY PLAYING RAINBOW SIX TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GROUP UP MORE EFFICENTLY. THIS GROUP IS INVITE ONLY, ASK IN THIS THREAD FOR AN INVITE AND A MEMBER OR MYSELF WILL ADD YOU. YOU CAN ALSO PM ME IF YOU'D LIKE.

Follow these instructions once you have been invited to chat to add to Favorites:

To access the group you have to go to your friends list and select Favorites group, then select ADD FAVORITE GROUP:

Once in this screen, check under Existing Message groups and select the Rainbow Six GAF group. This should allow you to join the Favorites Group for R6!

MY PSN IS THETRINIDAD

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PSN ID TO THE REQUEST FOR A FAVORITES GROUP INVITE!

Just had a weird glitch where when I tried to grab the hostage, she stood and was walking on the spot and I couldn't grab it again (neither could anyone else).

Lots of glitches since the last update on PS4. Animation and texture glitches mostly. Some affect gameplay, one time whenever I would crouch, my character model would obscure my screen.

Place leg trap under a trap door, trap door breaches raining down debris that perfectly hides leg trap. Opfor drops down into trap, shoot in head with shotgun. Worth the season pass alone.

The leg traps are also great against shields. Holding on to one like a nitro cell can come in handy. Once a shield is engaged, they likely won't look down and you can't see shit on the ground with the shield up. Poor Buck. He is pretty boring compared to fuck your legs up Frost.

KodaRuss

I didnt see any glitches last night. Only seen the ghost man twice so far, so I have been pretty lucky I guess.

Got to play the Yacht for the first time last night and got completely steamrolled by the other team, I think we only had 5 kills (I had three of them). They had obviously played the map before.

Reule

Hoping a patch is out really soon. Just had a friend buy this game a few days ago and I had to assure him that the game wasn't always as glitchy as this. Wild that this patch broke so much.

As for new operators, Frost is definitely the standout but Buck is alright. Going forward, I hope they go for more interesting gadgets. I kind of want a throwable distraction device that just plays a loud siren-like noise for twenty or so seconds. Operation Raccoon City had something like this that was used to attract zombies against the enemy team. Could be really annoying but effective for breaching.

How does Buck's primary compare to Glaz's primary without the scope on in respect to feel and killing power?

I really like using Glaz but I think I'd get more use with the skeleton key than I do with Glaz's scope.

KodaRuss

I TKd on purpose for the first time last night.

A buddy of mine just bought the game and we ran a few Terrorist hunt missions to get the feel of things. We moved to Multiplayer (Casual obviously) some idiot in our second match decides to headshot him on our own team well into the match (4v3 at the moment and I am dead). I vote to kick the TKer and they vote to TK my buddy. I didnt get enough votes for the kick but they kick my friend.

Anyway, next match starts I message the dude with a "what is your problem..." No response and I kill them, they werent responding on mics either. So I kill them all and leave.

I've never intentionally tking someone on Siege, yet.

I did do a bad thing the other day though. Some of my team mates dropped from a match, leaving it as a 3 vs 5 on the final round... my buddy suggested we kick the last guy so that we can play a 2 vs 5.

We kicked him and won the 2 vs 5.

I feel terrible.

Don't mind, only depends on the time and day.
But given that you're from EU wouldn't it be a problem with ping? Same thing for me on eu servers

For me it doesn't make a difference. Lag works both ways unless it's really excessive.

Like if you're lagging, then your peekers advantage is greater, so you get longer to pop out and take the shot before it even registers on the server that your there. But inversely, you can also be killed a very brief while after it looks like you've gone into cover, on your screen.

So for the most part it doesn't make much of a difference, and I don't think we had trouble playing on your servers, or vice versa, when we played ranked before.

How does Buck's primary compare to Glaz's primary without the scope on in respect to feel and killing power?

I really like using Glaz but I think I'd get more use with the skeleton key than I do with Glaz's scope.

Aside both of them being single shot, the two weapons aren't alike. Glaz marksman rifle is a much better weapon, mainly due to damage.

Aside both of them being single shot, the two weapons aren't alike. Glaz marksman rifle is a much better weapon, mainly due to damage.

Crap. I wanted to like Buck because I think I'd get a lot of use out of the skeleton key but if that's the case then I can see why most people seem to be writing him off.

KodaRuss

Crap. I wanted to like Buck because I think I'd get a lot of use out of the skeleton key but if that's the case then I can see why most people seem to be writing him off.

The damage is pretty off it seems. Takes 3+ hits to down someone without a headshot from what I have seen.

Don't mind, only depends on the time and day.
But given that you're from EU wouldn't it be a problem with ping? Same thing for me on eu servers

For me it doesn't make a difference. Lag works both ways unless it's really excessive.

Like if you're lagging, then your peekers advantage is greater, so you get longer to pop out and take the shot before it even registers on the server that your there. But inversely, you can also be killed a very brief while after it looks like you've gone into cover, on your screen.

So for the most part it doesn't make much of a difference, and I don't think we had trouble playing on your servers, or vice versa, when we played ranked before.

I think what Mike is saying is that he wants me on his team.

It hurts less if you try to rebound from this pain quickly.

He isn't wrong. At all. The game is far from ready for competitive.

The new patch added more bugs, and worse bugs. Inconsistent headshots. Issues with clientside/serverside detection of castle walls. T-Body bug that is quite frequent.

They've been trying to push it as an esports title but there are a number of issues, some of which they havent mentioned fixing. The pawn rotation, this one issue where you teleport/fall through barriers like stairs and walls

Everybody puts up with this game because it's still that great, but it's undoubtedly a mess.

I was pumped when I saw the patch notes, and the matchmaking definitely felt better, but I can't believe how many more issues it caused. The aiming sensitivity on Xbox didn't actually get fixed and the hit detection seems worse. I'm still playing, of course, but it's a bummer.

Drewfonse

I TKd on purpose for the first time last night.

A buddy of mine just bought the game and we ran a few Terrorist hunt missions to get the feel of things. We moved to Multiplayer (Casual obviously) some idiot in our second match decides to headshot him on our own team well into the match (4v3 at the moment and I am dead). I vote to kick the TKer and they vote to TK my buddy. I didnt get enough votes for the kick but they kick my friend.

Anyway, next match starts I message the dude with a "what is your problem..." No response and I kill them, they werent responding on mics either. So I kill them all and leave.

How do you know that he TKed your friend on purpose? The fact that they then voted to kick your friend is suspicious though.

Was he playing as Rook and not deploying armor? Now THAT makes me want to TK, hahaha

etta

my hard graphic balls
How are your guys' channels mixing on PC? I set my Xonar to Stereo and 6/8 channels but sometimes sound is still coming from the wrong positions. I keep hearing breach charges being planted behind me when they are in reality being planted in front. Things of that nature.

kvk1

How are your guys' channels mixing on PC? I set my Xonar to Stereo and 6/8 channels but sometimes sound is still coming from the wrong positions. I keep hearing breach charges being planted behind me when they are in reality being planted in front. Things of that nature.

It's not your setup. The positional audio in this game is black magic.

Yesterday we were covering a ceiling entry and my teammate was shooting up. I like a dumbass got up to reposition and walked right into his line of fire. Dying instantly damn it.

KodaRuss

How do you know that he TKed your friend on purpose? The fact that they then voted to kick your friend is suspicious though.

Was he playing as Rook and not deploying armor? Now THAT makes me want to TK, hahaha

He definitely killed him on purpose as I was viewing my friends screen when he did it. No action was going on at all at the time besides the opposing team being on the other side of the castle door. My friend was covering the castle door prone to look for the feet underneath the door which is what I told him to do. I had killed Thermite so they could have only gotten through that door (this was on plane and I do not believe an Ash was on the team).

He was a recruit so no Rook. My only thought was that maybe he was positioned in front of the dude and he wanted the angle but if that is true it still doesnt call for a TK.

Regardless the two got slaughtered as soon as the shooting starting. what a moron

RawNuts

Headshot inconsistency. Weird T Shape glitch. Supposed Glaz/Castle Wall glitch. Come on.
I just discovered the Glaz/Castle wall glitch today. I was wondering why I was getting so many kills in this area and no one seemed to be shooting at me, then I saw my friend approach and plant a breach charge on what I thought was thin air, ha. It seems like having a Castle on your team is more of a hindrance currently.

Ha, I was just reading this on reddit: 5 reasons why I think Castle does more harm than good for the defenders

As a defender, you can usually keep a close eye on a door and watch for enemy feet behind it. While they are placing their breach charge/whatever, you easily kill them via head or body shots. The same tactic works great for windows if you shoot some small holes into them with your pistol though you need to pay more attention. With Castles barricades, the only thing you can still do (unless you have a high penetration weapon) is shoot at the feet of the attackers. You might steal some HP, but it's unlikely to get the kill. When I play as an attacker, I'm actually relieved to spot a Castle barricade instead of a regular one. It's a sign that enemies are most likely close by and I'm much safer when placing a breaching charge or a Fuze cluster charge (I really LOVE IT to see Castles barricades on windows as Fuze, makes my day!)

Castles barricades slows down defenders more then they slow down attackers. The additional time it takes to tear them down can make the difference if you need to change your position because you are a sitting duck or are getting attacked by a shield. Plus tearing down a barricade instead of just destroying it via melee is so much more dangerous. If you melee you can take a quick peek and make sure things are safe on the other side, if you dismantle it you are left standing right in the middle of the doorway with no cover, making a perfect target for the enemy.

The default barricades are great for covering an area through small holes created. You know the drill: smash a hole into the lower corner of the barricade, go prone on the ground at a small distance to the door and even though attackers might look at the hole, they will have a very hard time spotting you before you blow their brains out. With a castle barricade it's just: Wait until it's been blown away.

They render traps useless. Since Castle barricades need 12 melee hits to be destroyed, they are almost certainly going to be destroyed with a breach charge, thus destroying any Nitro, Gas or Kapkans and Frosts traps, that are close to the entrance.

All of the above applied to a "good" Castle player, but in Casual a bad Castle can do so much harm to the team that it's maddening. Placing barricades between the bombs, blocking the exits early and then bitching or teamkilling roamers that want to leave and dismantle them, dismantling common barricades that have been "prepared" for Kapkan traps or LOS etc.

Yeah, I feel like I have to do a lot of "babysitting" with Castle players.

"No no, don't put it there--kapkan has a trap there and they'll just blow it"

"Hey, don't block the passage from A to B"

"Please don't barricade me alone in this room :-|"

A good Castle is a pain in the ass though. Castle is a great addition to any team, but he, like most operators, need to be played to take advantage of combining operators. Mute/Castle, Thermite/Thatcher are PB+J combinations. As long as you don't castle between bombs, and combine castles with Mute's jammers and you'll be much better off than without them. Castle is great, ya'll are crazy. Or maybe ya'll just get shitty Castles on your team.

KodaRuss

I have started a different strategy for me, when I roam as a defender by barricading as many rooms as I can but still leaving a path where I can freely roam and it works pretty well to figure out where the team is coming from and it really slows them down a ton.

I would imagine that would work really well as castle mixing in both barricades would really slow down the other team and make them very loud.

More likely that I've played with shitty Castle players.

Like my roommate. Dude has played almost as much as me (on my account :-| ) but still doesn't really know how to effectively use Operators.

Wish I knew more about sights/scopes--someone on reddit said he read a rumor that this SAT op will have a thermal sight:

Top Bottom