• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

rubber banding like a motherfucker tonight

It was appalling last night for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJb7yU8sHE

I had shit like that ^^ all night. Also saw Black Jesus about a dozen times.

This is probably the most broken game that I've ever payed money for. I genuinely believe that Ubisoft don't playtest it. It's the only explanation for how massively prevalent bugs like black jesus get through. I mean, has anyone on PS4 NOT seen it?

This game is bugged and broken and has been since launch. No doubt. But the only game, that I have played, I can really say that was bugged, broken and in an unplayable state at launch was BF4. That game was an absolute disgrace. Blue screens, rubber banding, lagging beyond anything I had ever seen before in a video game. BF4 was completely unplayable for like 3 months if I recall correctly.

Anyway, back to RB6....

I haven't played a Battlefield since 2, but I have no doubt BF's problems were FAR worse that this from what I've read. Doesn't excuse this game in any way, though. I also bought Driveclub 4 months after launch, long after it's many problems were fixed.

TheZink

I made an avatar for anyone wanting it:

Cdi7yzz.png
MwXC7U3.png
I'll take this one. Thanks.
Cdi7yzz.png

Drewfonse

For me, it's a testament to just how fun the game is that I have persevered through the disconnects, rubber banding, hit detection issues, etc. I have never played a game before that so perfectly ratchets up the intensity as matches play out. It's remarkable.

I'm not a huge fan of the new map or the new Operators, but wow is this game fun and addictive. And why the fuck haven't I been using red dot sight up until now? It has really helped my lethality. The holographic is OK, it's just huge and obscures your view too much.

And not a single sighting of any of the glitches, including invisible Kapkan traps or ghosts. Other than once getting the blue screen that someone posted recently.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Stuff like that sucks, but unlike you, it's not happened to me once. It'll get fixed, it's clearly not intentional, stop acting as if they are just bumbling around. Sounds like you need a break. The game definitely needs some patches though. It'll happen.
Suuuure.

Here's some fun footage. There's no music, it's not edited in a clever or even coherent manner. It's not a collection of every bad example over a long period. This is a couple matches from one evening, when things were getting to the point I was so fucking fed up with this shit the only thing I could do is repeatedly hit "record". I encourage you to watch it all the way through, despite the raw edit, because there's some really magical stuff in there.

This isn't some rare occurrence, it's the current, shameful state of the game on PS4.

And I have never, in all my years, seen something like this in a shooter that wasn't in beta or some early access garbage. I was there at launch for BF4, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R24b6KDYJ0g

Valkrai

Took the second image, new op looks so badass.

Edit: Angry Joe put Siege on his top 10 disappointing games of the year because "no campaign" and not like the older games. Said he liked Patriots more.

Suuuure.

Here's some fun footage. There's no music, it's not edited in a clever or even coherent manner. It's not a collection of every bad example over a long period. This is a couple matches from one evening, when things were getting to the point I was so fucking fed up with this shit the only thing I could do is repeatedly hit "record". I encourage you to watch it all the way through, despite the raw edit, because there's some really magical stuff in there.

This isn't some rare occurrence, it's the current, shameful state of the game on PS4.

And I have never, in all my years, seen something like this in a shooter that wasn't in beta or some early access garbage. I was there at launch for BF4, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R24b6KDYJ0g

A fucking black jesus infestation! I've never seen it quite THAT bad.

I feel that buck is awful. Weapon are weak with high recoil, breaching shotgun is only barely better at breaching than say, the famas, and the shotgun doesn't do great damage to enemies.

Less utility than IQ, at least she has good weapons.

Valkrai

I feel that buck is awful. Weapon are weak with high recoil, breaching shotgun is only barely better at breaching than say, the famas, and the shotgun doesn't do great damage to enemies.

I disagree, his weapon is a beast but yeah there is a lot of recoil. I think this shotgun is crap for everything outside of actually hitting enemies, saved my ass so many times in a aim duel.

Also no way, IQ is only decent now because of that Kapkan glitch excluding her godly 552.

Klyka

Banned

the shotgun one shot kills People across a large room, shoots crazy fast and reloads as fast as an AR.

it's SO GOOD son,please

It's frustrating seeing people act as if any of these complaints are invalid due to difficulty in game development.

Yes, development is very difficult. However, as others have said, it's inexcusable for a company this large.

I love this game but I'm being driven away from frustrations coming to a boiling point. I've never been so patient with a game as I have with this one. But, I'm starting to lose that patience.

Swig_

Does anyone know if I buy this on Green Man Gaming, do I get a Steam key for it?

Also, I hear about how great the game is, but that is has a lot of problems (connection issues, graphic bugs, etc). Is it worth getting now, or would it be better to wait a while, like maybe the next Steam sale?

Klyka

Banned
Does anyone know if I buy this on Green Man Gaming, do I get a Steam key for it?

Also, I hear about how great the game is, but that is has a lot of problems (connection issues, graphic bugs, etc). Is it worth getting now, or would it be better to wait a while, like maybe the next Steam sale?

If you can get it for a cheap Price, get it now. otherwise, wait till around middle of this month when the new patch Releases to see if it fixes some of the bigger new Problems.

the console Versions right now are basically fucked.

PC is working pretty well though.

It's frustrating seeing people act as if any of these complaints are invalid due to difficulty in game development.

Yes, development is very difficult. However, as others have said, it's inexcusable for a company this large.

I love this game but I'm being driven away from frustrations coming to a boiling point. I've never been so patient with a game as I have with this one. But, I'm starting to lose that patience.

I keep saying the same, but I haven't quit playing yet. It's crazy. I get pumped when I see the patch notes, but when the patch drops its more issues and then the issues supposed to be fixed aren't actually fixed. The aiming bug on Xbox still exists.... An aiming bug in a fps.... Seriously?

That's what's frustrating about this thing. These are bugs to basic gameplay mechanics. I can understand a Kapkan laser bug where you have to press button combos and have timing to glitch the game, but aiming sensitivity/deadzone? Seriously. Then you look at the connection issues. It's cool that in every patch they say we've fixed to 302 error, the 102, 50, 62, etc (I made the numbers up, but you get it) and in every patch notes theres a new number and a different fix, and at the end of the day you still have connection errors. So quit telling me which number is fixed and acting like it's an achievement and let me know when we will stop having issues dropping from games.

Then you have hit detection, which was fixed in the last patch, was great, and has now made a 180, at least on the Xbox.

They've made a game that's a blast, which makes us want to defend it so we can build the community/rationalize our obsession/maybe get another one, but it needs to have some pressure put on it. We've spent time complaining about things that should've shipped correct, aiming... Connecting to servers servers at the main menu etc, and haven't really discussed other issues.. How difficult it is to set shields down, or to find the sweet spots to plant a Kapkan trap, why you can't transition to a pistol after your primary is empty because the game wants to switch back and reload the primary.

I don't understand those digging in and so fervently defending this Dev team. They've made a fun game, but these fundemental issues are inexcusable. Maybe they lobbied Ubi for more time and didn't get it, or the game engine isn't where it needs to be, or the team is too small, but something is to blame and using the excuse that game Dev is hard doesn't fly for anyone other game or Dev team so why use it here?

Klyka

Banned
I bet we'll get a small hotfix on PC this week and then the bigger patch for PC/consoles in the middle of the month.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Took the second image, new op looks so badass.

Edit: Angry Joe put Siege on his top 10 disappointing games of the year because "no campaign" and not like the older games. Said he liked Patriots more.

I liked the CGI patriots trailer but I'm happy that we got this instead.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
People complain about the frost traps and i think they are ok like they are.I'm sure the people who are complaining is because they've been caught in the trap.Watch out your surrounding and you are not going to have any problems when you are in the attacking team.

Jeje

People complain about the frost traps and i think they are ok like they are.I'm sure the people who are complaining is because they've been caught in the trap.Watch out your surrounding and you are not going to have any problems when you are in the attacking team.

I haven't hit a trap yet, but I was watching a youtube video, captured from the PC version, on how to use and counter these traps. One thing that was mentioned was how they could be hidden under windows, so repelling players couldn't see them. The counter was for the repelling players to turn and look under the window as they repelled in. I found on the Xbox that this tactic was nearly impossible to pull off because of the lowered sensitivity (I run mine high and it still felt impossible). I can see this being an issue in the long run, and requiring a lot of resources to counter a single trap.

Klyka

Banned
I haven't hit a trap yet, but I was watching a youtube video, captured from the PC version, on how to use and counter these traps. One thing that was mentioned was how they could be hidden under windows, so repelling players couldn't see them. The counter was for the repelling players to turn and look under the window as they repelled in. I found on the Xbox that this tactic was nearly impossible to pull off because of the lowered sensitivity (I run mine high and it still felt impossible). I can see this being an issue in the long run, and requiring a lot of resources to counter a single trap.

Actually, if you are rappelling, you want to sit at the top of the window,and look straight down. You'll be able to see and shoot the trap.

They can't be placed in such a way that they can't be shot, unless you can't rappel next to the window.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Holy shit, everything is so much more visible now that I disabled Bloom and Lens Flare.
Jesus Christ what a difference.

Evolved1

Welcome to my world since Hour 1 :p
Those effects are there for balance... it's pretty fucked up to remove something like that in a competitive shooter. It's like people disabling the bloom in BC2 so they could easily spawn-snipe the deployment. Super pro.

Klyka

Banned
Those effects are there for balance... it's pretty fucked up to remove something like that in a competitive shooter. It's like people disabling the bloom in BC2 so they could easily spawn-snipe the deployment. Super pro.

disabling Bloom and lensflares doesn't Change the brightness when looking outside or the darkness when looking inside.

It just gets rid of Bloom around lamps and the lens flare effect, which is terrible in every game.

things I will 100% disable in every game I Play:

1) Motion blur
2) depth of field
3) lens flares

terrible, terrible effects

etta

my hard graphic balls
Welcome to competitive gaming on PC.
Since the dawn of man people have been setting graphics settings to Ultra Low because you can get dat 900fps in CS GO and it makes enemies so much more visible, especially at distance.

Shotguns are hilariously op in this game. The range at which I get killed is too funny. My kill cam literally shows it spreading all over the wall behind me but the surgically placed rounds I put into him only downed him.

If Ubisoft is looking for something else to break next they should start with shotgun range.

Klyka

Banned
Shotguns are hilariously op in this game. The range at which I get killed is too funny. My kill cam literally shows it spreading all over the wall behind me but the surgically placed rounds I put into him only downed him.

If Ubisoft is looking for something else to break next they should start with shotgun range.

half the community says shotguns suck,the other says they are fantastic.

it's pretty funny actually!

Valkrai

I'm mixed about it. The M1014 and Super 90 (especially) are OP while the pump action are pretty weak. Only shotgun that should stay the same is Buck's

Evolved1

It's because a single pellet in the head hitbox causes OHK and there's no penalty for hipfire. Most people just hipfire spam them fishing for that one cheesy pellet.

I've witnessed some shotgun surgeons, but most of it's M10 spam. Same with the new Super90. Idk, it is what it is. I like powerful shotguns in shooters, but I'm not feeling hipfired OHK pellets. Where the inaccuracy actually benefits the player who's fishing.

I think hipfire headshot OHK should be removed for all weapons though.

I got one shot killed by a shotgun on the suburban house map. I was right outside the master bedroom window and there was a guy in the kids room on the other side of the bed crouched in the corner, so basically 3/4 the entire length of the building. I lit him up with full on blood spray, and he got me with one shot. There was just shotgun pellet holes all over the side of the house on my right spanning the height of the wall. And it only takes ONE of those pellets to get near my head to kill me?

That shouldn't happen in any game let alone a tactical shooter. This is some straight up Destiny levels of hilarious weapon balance. Anyone who thinks shotguns suck needs to stick to non-shooting games because if you can't dominate with that then I'm not sure what to say.

Just one of the reasons I think Pulse is probably the best overall op, especially in casual. Hide before the match so they don't know there's a Pulse and then roam around and pick them off with ease using the best gun in the game.

I agree. I see PC streamers with that config on all the time though, and all I think is the game looks ugly. I'm pretty sure level cap plays without all those effects, and the videos of his channel look worse than the console versions of the game.

One thing I like about console is parity of visuals and such. Performance is always the same, and the game always looks the same. At least for me, parity across hardware is essential for me to get a sense of competitive validity.

When I used to play on PC, I always used to find myself fiddling with stuff. I wonder if it'd be easier if I could get the game to run at a better framerate? I wonder if changing these options will allow me to see enemies better? I wonder if a better mouse might help with my aim, etc etc. That's not my cup of tea anymore, though more power to you if you enjoy that side of things, but I'm glad consoles exist, so I don't have to worry about it.

No Love

Banned
By far the best shooter I've played in years. I think the only things that compare (for me) are Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.

But FUCK they broke SO much with this patch. Last patch I had no issues whatsoever, just the occasional matchmaking error where you get dropped out while searching and then have to remake your squad.

Now I have more problems in a couple days than I did in a couple weeks. Last night was especially infuriating: my cousin got dropped randomly while getting the last kill, and my last match I was planting the bomb defuser and only 1 guy was left... and it kicked me out right as I was planting. Seriously? The fuck?

The "Black Jesus" glitch sucks for whoever has it, the hit detection is definitely a bit more off now and now the R6 Siege servers frequently disconnect you completely. Blah

That being said, it's still a 10/10 game. It's so damn good that even despite any bullshit bugs, you'll love the game and the love just keeps growing. Once they patch out the BS and it's a smoother experience it'll be top 5 greatest multiplayer shooters ever made, up there with Battlefield (x), Unreal Tournament, and Team Fortress 2 Vanilla.

Klyka

Banned
I agree. I see PC streamers with that config on all the time though, and all I think is the game looks ugly. I'm pretty sure level cap plays without all those effects, and the videos of his channel look worse than the console versions of the game.

One thing I like about console is parity of visuals and such. Performance is always the same, and the game always looks the same. At least for me, parity across hardware is essential for me to get a sense of competitive validity.

When I used to play on PC, I always used to find myself fiddling with stuff. I wonder if it'd be easier if I could get the game to run at a better framerate? I wonder if changing these options will allow me to see enemies better? I wonder if a better mouse might help with my aim, etc etc. That's not my cup of tea anymore, though more power to you if you enjoy that side of things, but I'm glad consoles exist, so I don't have to worry about it.

I don't know anything about a "config" but I play on all max settings, only with bloom/lensflare set to off.

By far the best shooter I've played in years. I think the only things that compare (for me) are Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.

But FUCK they broke SO much with this patch. Last patch I had no issues whatsoever, just the occasional matchmaking error where you get dropped out while searching and then have to remake your squad.

Now I have more problems in a couple days than I did in a couple weeks. Last night was especially infuriating: my cousin got dropped randomly while getting the last kill, and my last match I was planting the bomb defuser and only 1 guy was left... and it kicked me out right as I was planting. Seriously? The fuck?

The "Black Jesus" glitch sucks for whoever has it, the hit detection is definitely a bit more off now and now the R6 Siege servers frequently disconnect you completely. Blah

Completely agree with this entire post.

*just got vote kicked from a game after the entire team died in the first 45 seconds (literally) and I was hanging outside of the objective window picking people off. This game really highlights how many idiots there are on Xbox live.

I don't know anything about a "config" but I play on all max settings, only with bloom/lensflare set to off.

I just mean the set of options used by config. Sometimes you can also turn off extra effects in the games files, which people also do. But yeah, by config I just mean options.

That said I don't know what your game looks like. When I watch streamers like level cap, there game looks ugly to me. I don't know if you have the same settings as they do, or not. On there's, everything looks too bright, almost as if they've removed shadows in places.

Either way, I do think it adds some value to the game to have people seeing exactly the same thing on either end. But I guess on PC it can't be helped. Though if people played in a lan, at a tournament, wouldn't they be forced to use a specific graphic configuration anyway? When I see CS Tournaments where they all play on a LAN, do those guys still get to manipulate there graphical settings?

Valkrai

Frost's SMG is pathetic, it's literally a pea shooter at anything but close range.

Also Chrono, for LANs they change their res to 4:3 and usually low settings.

Frost's SMG is pathetic, it's literally a pea shooter at anything but close range.

Also Chrono, for LANs they change their res to 4:3 and usually low settings.

I didn't hate it, when I used it. It is a peashooter, but if your going for headshots with successive fire, you can go full auto and keep a bead on their head. I found it better for that, than the UMP or MP5.

I put a silencer on it, because it's weak anyway. It's not like bodyshot damage is typically going to kill people at mid-range, and I've been using it to shoot people outside of the building pretty successfully.

Klyka

Banned
I just mean the set of options used by config. Sometimes you can also turn off extra effects in the games files, which people also do. But yeah, by config I just mean options.

That said I don't know what your game looks like. When I watch streamers like level cap, there game looks ugly to me. I don't know if you have the same settings as they do, or not. On there's, everything looks too bright, almost as if they've removed shadows in places.

Either way, I do think it adds some value to the game to have people seeing exactly the same thing on either end. But I guess on PC it can't be helped. Though if people played in a lan, at a tournament, wouldn't they be forced to use a specific graphic configuration anyway? When I see CS Tournaments where they all play on a LAN, do those guys still get to manipulate there graphical settings?

Here's what my game looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxb1Y-I4_es

It's because a single pellet in the head hitbox causes OHK and there's no penalty for hipfire. Most people just hipfire spam them fishing for that one cheesy pellet.

I've witnessed some shotgun surgeons, but most of it's M10 spam. Same with the new Super90. Idk, it is what it is. I like powerful shotguns in shooters, but I'm not feeling hipfired OHK pellets. Where the inaccuracy actually benefits the player who's fishing.

I think hipfire headshot OHK should be removed for all weapons though.

There is definitely a penalty for hipfire with shotguns, doesn't make much sense but it's there.

Shotguns are great in this game, the pump action especially is a great room wrecking tool. I like how they have good utility for making murder holes and busting trap doors super fast too.

Am I the only one that's never seen the T pose bug? I play every night on PC and have never seen it, I think it might be a console only thing.

Valkrai

I just downed someone with a headshot. GG Ubi

That makes me question if 3 Armors without armor is a OHK or if getting Rook's armor changes it to a down.

I shot Rook in the head but didn't kill him.

Keihart

To tell the offense "there is a trap on this door, if you trip it, you will die. You can alert the enemy team to your location by destroying it, or you can ignore it and move on."

He's not supposed to get kills with those traps; a lot of people seem to have this misconception about him. Kapkan is at his strongest as a roamer, setting up traps and stalking the enemy. Use your gun to get the kills, not the mines.

Anyone who has played Call of Duty: Ghosts knows how miserable it is to be killed by an IED, and those were cancerous throughout the multiplayer. Automatic explosives are not fun, and good lord was that thing the epitome of it. If Ubisoft Montreal removed the spike, here's what would happen:

• The attackers would run out of time looking for the enemy time while searching every single door for a trap, potentially exposing themselves while they do.
  • People would die cheap deaths due to barricaded doors that look exactly like normal doors do, with nothing for an experience player to go by that would indicate "entering here is a bad idea."
  • People get killed by enemies camping on the other side of a booby-trapped door, killing anyone stopping to check for a trap.
People will complain about all of these. And before you use the same frickin' "it's an IQ buff!" argument, here's a few reasons why that won't work:
  • IQ's gadget only points out objects to her, and limits her ability to identify enemies clearly and effectively.
  • Allies would have to have IQ manually point out each individual trap, or risk death to one of the reasons I listed earlier.
  • If IQ dies, the game's pace slows to a crawl more dramatically than ever before. You thought losing Thermite was bad? At least you can come back from that; losing IQ would be the death of your team.
  • It would force Attackers to pick IQ every round, and Defenders to pick Kapkan. Everyone else is basically as usual. Operators your team has to rely on like a crutch are not good for a healthy meta.
  • If your team decided to split up, suddenly you've got one team moving at a snail's pace while the other is clearing with relative efficiency. That is, unless you decide to all flock to IQ, in which case congratulations, you all stack up on a single Operator; I hope you like nitro cells!
In other words, for want of a screw, the battle was lost.

I don't say that Kapkan traps should be invicible, but why all those danger lights at the same time if they are not going to bother keeping the same balance with frost by example.

Only have the red nail would be enough warning. But the red nail and the super bright laser is kinda overkill as is.

Emps trough walls are kinda OP too i think.

Why not pick Frost or Tatcher over IQ, Twitch or Kapkan for example. They are way better.

Top Bottom