• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
There is definitely a penalty for hipfire with shotguns, doesn't make much sense but it's there.

Shotguns are great in this game, the pump action especially is a great room wrecking tool. I like how they have good utility for making murder holes and busting trap doors super fast too.

Am I the only one that's never seen the T pose bug? I play every night on PC and have never seen it, I think it might be a console only thing.
It's an accuracy penalty. Not a headshot damage penalty. Not exactly punishment for spamming hipfire into a hallway or wall at medium range. Just saying.

There's been an update on the Terrorist Hunt XP/Renown nerf on the official forums:

Ubi Comunity Rep said:
I can confirm that this is not working as intended. We are looking into it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will provide further updates in the Known Issues thread.

Good to see that they consider it a bug. Having to run ~450 missions to unlock a single DLC operator is a bit much ;p

And for those who haven't run into this, its only an issue with non-matchmaking Terrorist Hunt matches - so when you run as lone wolf or squad-only you get far less renown and XP since the latest update.

Vorheez

I'm at a crossroads. I'm at full blown addict status now and it is interfering with school. I don't want to stop though...

Can't stop...

Won't stop.

atr0cious

I won't say Frost's shotgun is OP, but its definitely the first time I've felt I can win shootouts in a medium to long range setting without having to switch to my secondary. Straight wrecking ashs and thermites from a across the room with the thing.

hunchback

Has anyone else on consoles had a issue with the prompt for setting a door barricade? It seems like I have to keep moving the stick to get the prompt for the barricade and it's really slowing me down. I have no issue with getting the wall barricade button prompt.

It almost seems too sensitive. I haven't made any controller adjustments.

Vorheez

Has anyone else on consoles had a issue with the prompt for setting a door barricade? It seems like I have to keep moving the stick to get the prompt for the barricade and it's really slowing me down. I have no issue with getting the wall barricade button prompt.

Yeah I get this all the time

Pretty much anything with prompts, besides walls is difficult on the Xbox. Putting down your shield is a chore with absolutely nothing in the way. Same with Kapkan's traps, it takes forever sometimes to maneuver around and figure out which angle will give you the prompts.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So got the game last night and for now just playing Terrorist Hunt until I get familiar with everything. But man whats with the fuckers in this game and team killing.

He's "Angry Joe" not "Sensible Joe"

I'd say even "Sensible" is a too kind, even if it's a hypothetical title.

I was pretty annoyed by how he deliberately recut a promotional video Microsoft had released on Halo 5's Warzone REQs (which was made to explain that players are matched based on acquired REQs and such, so whales fight whales and so on), and made it look like Microsoft was treating their consumer base like idiots and wallets. Oh, and if it took him four hours to beat the game, then he was playing on Easy with friends, because it's most definitely not four hours long unless you're terrible (which he is, as he placed in Bronze).

I'm not actually surprised that he called Siege a disappointment based on it not having a campaign. The guy wants every game to appeal to what he thinks the game should have, instead of recognizing what the game set out to achieve. Not every game needs a campaign, and Siege shows how you can make a satisfying multiplayer experience that doesn't feel lacking in content so they can justify a $60 price tag. But Joe? He'll just focus on the game's microtransactions and lack of a campaign, because that's what he does.

Only have the red nail would be enough warning. But the red nail and the super bright laser is kinda overkill as is.

Make the nail grey, and have the laser be "faded" (like laser sights normally are for guns). Then take away one trap of Kapkan's. There's a potential balancing alternative that makes his traps more viable while still making them identifiable; to compensate, he only gets two, as the new focus on identifying them makes them more dangerous than before.

Emps trough walls are kinda OP too i think.

A lot of folks think the blast radius and number of grenades Thatcher gets should be toned down.

Why not pick Frost or Tatcher over IQ, Twitch or Kapkan for example. They are way better.

Frost has less armor and weaker weapons than Kapkan. Plus, they serve similar-yet-different roles. Pick them based on the situation. People don't seem to realize that Kapkan's loadout is pretty damn amazing, and his three armor make him an excellent roamer. He's better at roaming than Frost in many regards.

M_A_C

I agree. I see PC streamers with that config on all the time though, and all I think is the game looks ugly. I'm pretty sure level cap plays without all those effects, and the videos of his channel look worse than the console versions of the game.

One thing I like about console is parity of visuals and such. Performance is always the same, and the game always looks the same. At least for me, parity across hardware is essential for me to get a sense of competitive validity.

When I used to play on PC, I always used to find myself fiddling with stuff. I wonder if it'd be easier if I could get the game to run at a better framerate? I wonder if changing these options will allow me to see enemies better? I wonder if a better mouse might help with my aim, etc etc. That's not my cup of tea anymore, though more power to you if you enjoy that side of things, but I'm glad consoles exist, so I don't have to worry about it.

I agree. I love PC for high framerates, but it sucks to wonder every time you die if its a hacker. And I didn't even think about the bloom and such for this game, which is a big deal sometimes for seeing the enemy. I'm glad the PS4 version runs at a solid 60.

3DShovel

nGOxpVk.gif

Buck. What a guy.

Evolved1

Kapkan glitch is really annoying me. Ubi need to release a patch this week.
The kapkan fix is in the Feb 14th patch. (consoles)

The headshots not registering and the t-pose bug are not even in that patch. Have fun waiting for March.

Evolved1

Thanks. Weird day to release a patch.

No word on the floating bodies?
That's the t-pose bug.

Officially listed as "reported" but no word on progress. The next patch, I get the impression is done and about to roll out on PC, but consoles lag on cert. So if it's mid Feb for this one (which doesn't address ghostman) who the fuck knows when they fix it. Not looking too good for this month.

LAM09

That's the t-pose bug.

Officially listed as "reported" but no word on progress. The next patch, I get the impression is done and about to roll out on PC, but consoles lag on cert. So if it's mid Feb for this one (which doesn't address ghostman) who the fuck knows when they fix it. Not looking too good for this month.

Didn't realise that was what you were referring to. That isn't good to hear

Mechazawa

To assert his dominance. So funny how you guys get so worked up over tea bagging, its not a disrespect thing more of a like 'holy shit that was amazing' thing.

Please, I'm pretty good at interneting and I don't think the purpose of teabagging got magically changed.

Deception

Please, I'm pretty good at interneting and I don't think the purpose of teabagging got magically changed.
I do it all the time but only if it's the last kill of a round, and only for the reason I stated. Who are you to judge how someone celebrates their good plays anyways, it's just a game lighten up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
People getting upset over T-Bagging now? lol

It's long standing FPS tradition and will not go away unless there is no way to crouch or prone.

It's one thing that doesn't go out of style.

It's long standing FPS tradition and will not go away unless there is no way to crouch or prone.

Even in a game like The Division where you can't bag, people find a new bag. I jump jack all day on people I down when I'm rogue lol.

I experienced the jesus glitch my first night last night after buying the game. Sucks I couldn't see shit while in prone due to black all obstructing my screen.

Only happened once. Game is smooth otherwise. WAY better than beta for sure.

Best $40.00 I've spent in a while on a shooter. Idk how much attention it'll keep from me once SF5 and The Division drop, but it's nice to have a FPS on deck I can come back to throughout the year since no FPS' are announced coming this year I give two shits about.

How is it 'in style'? You don't see respectable players doing it.

I don't think anyone expects it to go away, but that doesn't make it any less scummy.

It's even worse when it doesn't even make sense. Like in the gif above, the guy is playing a casual game against two people that he shot in the side of the head with a shotgun. They'd already penned themselves into the freezer, and lost there remaining 3 teammates. The mistakes they made, and those of their team, came far before the instance in which they were killed, yet the person who killed them (at that point it could have been anyone) and you decide to use something that's something that references sexual abuse as a sort of 'taunt'.

Seems juvenile to me, and just because all of the degenerates of the online multiplayer gaming are doing it, doesn't really make me think it's 'in style'. It always makes me cringe.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I don't think anyone expects it to go away, but that doesn't make it any less scummy.

It's even worse when it doesn't even make sense. Like in the gif above, the guy is playing a casual game against two people that he shot in the side of the head with a shotgun. They'd already penned themselves into the freezer, and lost there remaining 3 teammates. The mistakes they made, and those of their team, came far before the instance in which they were killed, yet the person who killed them (at that point it could have been anyone) and you decide to use something that's something that references sexual abuse as a sort of 'taunt'.

Seems juvenile to me, and just because all of the degenerates of the online multiplayer gaming are doing it, doesn't really make me think it's 'in style'. It always makes me cringe.

Glad you are here to be the morale compass of the online gaming community.
It doesn't have to make sense. What makes t-bagging so damned great is it can come out of nowhere and slap you in the face; doesn't have to be after a great play.

We are playing games to have fun. If having fun means I can act "juvenile" a few times a night then so be it. Sorry the t-bagger ruined your night.

Freeman76

You majorly need to lighten up dude

Deception

Glad you are here to be the morale compass of the online gaming community.
It doesn't have to make sense. What makes t-bagging so damned great is it can come out of nowhere and slap you in the face; doesn't have to be after a great play.

We are playing games to have fun. If having fun means I can act "juvenile" a few times a night then so be it. Sorry the t-bagger ruined your night.
Seriously, I'm sure the guy who posted the gif wasn't even doing it as a taunt, but as a simple celebration for getting the round ending kill.

Like what do you guys do when you clutch a round or get the game winning kill? Do you just stand there and look at the dead body? Lol that's so boring. I bet you guys are also against celebrating after a touchdown in football or hitting a game winning shot in basketball. Like cmon dude.

Also wtf does 'respectable' player even mean? Your not a professional who is supposed to be a role model to the community, your a person sitting on a couch playing a game.

RawNuts

Nice breakdown of the situation and player's psyche there. I wouldn't mind having a diagnosis of what is mentally wrong with me for shooting a bunch or looking up in the the air and spinning around for the kill cam if you could spare the time.

Sometimes people just enjoy letting loose and being a bit juvenile after having to be responsible and mature the rest of the day; games are good for that. Personally, when someone bags me at the end of a round, it gets me motivated to kick ass in the next round.

RawNuts

What is GAF's opinion on players that are using mouse adapters like XIM4 for console play? I ran into an entire team in ranked that was using it, and we were getting killed at spawn often and couldn't hold our own in any gun battle against them. Having mouse aim is inherently a massive advantage over aiming with a pad, so I have a hard time seeing this as legitimate play. Why would you even buy something specifically to bring a mouse to a console game when you could just play the game on PC against players on a level playing field? It isn't as if they're fooling other players, and I would hate to think that they're actually fooling themselves.

With tournaments being held that feature cash prizes, should this be acceptable? Microsoft officially manufactures a controller that is meant to provide a slight advantage, so should this be considered different? It seems like a more serious issue than any invisible Kapkan laser, especially since this can't be patched or likely even properly detected.

What is GAF's opinion on players that are using mouse adapters like XIM4 for console play? I ran into an entire team in ranked that was using it, and we were getting killed at spawn often and couldn't hold our own in any gun battle against them. Having mouse aim is inherently a massive advantage over aiming with a pad, so I have a hard time seeing this as legitimate play. Why would you even buy something specifically to bring a mouse to a console game when you could just play the game on PC against players on a level playing field? It isn't as if they're fooling other players, and I would hate to think that they're actually fooling themselves.

With tournaments being held that feature cash prizes, should this be acceptable? Microsoft officially manufactures a controller that is meant to provide a slight advantage, so should this be considered different? It seems like a more serious issue than any invisible Kapkan laser, especially since this can't be patched or likely even properly detected.

They don't have mouse aim. XIM-like adapters don't work that way. They still have the limitations of an analog stick because that's all the game and console will accept. They just have a really wide movement range which can allow for more precision and no stick-like resistance.

RawNuts

They don't have mouse aim. XIM-like adapters don't work that way. They still have the limitations of an analog stick because that's all the game and console will accept. They just have a really wide movement range which can allow for more precision and no stick-like resistance.
I suppose I should have said mouse-like behavior rather than just mouse aim. One of the guys I played against said it isn't 1:1, but I would still certainly call it a rather large advantage. The ability to be that quick and accurate doesn't happen on the sticks, especially with the aiming mechanics of this game.

Also, explosives never get old to me.

WvZl1Kz.gif

That's the t-pose bug.

What a fucking joke. Have Ubisoft got the interns working on this game or what?

Shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOC7Wtf5kOQ

is completely unacceptable in a competitive 1st person shooter. I'm getting tempted to trade this broken piece of shit in for Street Fighter V if the ridiculous amount of bugs and game ruining glitches aren't fixed in the next 2 weeks.

NeoGiff

Oh, we've gone back to t-bagging being "sexual abuse"? And this time it's combined with "respectable players"? I'm glad we have others who can keep us in check with what buttons we can and can't press in a videogame, because otherwise we'd all be depraved assholes in real life, apparently.

NeoGiff

I think they do it because they want to feel superior by degrading the person so that they feel better about themselves.

There's always someone who wants to be alpha.
I'm a beta :(

It's not to degrade anyone. It's just a funny little animation to do in celebration rather than stare blankly at a wall... And it's certainly not engaging necrophilia, as Chrono seems to think.

3DShovel

and you decide to use something that's something that references sexual abuse as a sort of 'taunt'.

I cannot believe this was said with regards to teabagging.

Anyway I don't understand why you're so worked up. I won the round with a good flank by breaking the door they thought they were smart to hide behind and took them both out without them even knowing what happened.

Not sure what's relevant about "mistakes" or how they played, I just significantly out played them in that instance and celebrated for it.

If it makes you feel any better, when I'm playing with my friends and they get the final kill, I'll teabag my friends and hold RT in their face. But I guess according to you this represents sexual murderous behaviour so I had better go get my emotions checked...

Top Bottom