• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Drewfonse

I suppose I should have said mouse-like behavior rather than just mouse aim. One of the guys I played against said it isn't 1:1, but I would still certainly call it a rather large advantage. The ability to be that quick and accurate doesn't happen on the sticks, especially with the aiming mechanics of this game.

Also, explosives never get old to me.

WvZl1Kz.gif

Wow hahahaha

Oh, we've gone back to t-bagging being "sexual abuse"? And this time it's combined with "respectable players"? I'm glad we have others who can keep us in check with what buttons we can and can't press in a videogame, because otherwise we'd all be depraved assholes in real life, apparently.

You can press what you like. I am just telling you how I perceive it and based on the feedback people provided when this came up before (this is actually the third time) . You are the one that seems to have a problem with my perception of it. If you're going around teabagging, there are plenty of people that are going to think of it as immature.

I just wonder what your perceptions (and others like you) are when you do it, more than anything else. People seem to think it make people angry, or acts as some form of taunt, but at least for the people I play with, it gives them a good chuckle as the juvenile player celebrates his infrequent victory on the big screen.

That's my opinion. You're welcome to hold the opinion that it's 'in style',' cool' or 'fun' if you want. I, and plenty of others, don't share that perspective. For me it's just a matter of sportsmanship more than anything else. I'm in the match to have a good game, and have fun. The match is being played for entertainment, so I don't see the need to taunt anyone or try and annoy them with any type of behaviour, teabagging or anything else. It's similar to how the built-in taunts are generally frowned upon in competitive etiquette in the fighting game community. There's just no reason to taunt your opponent, least not by mimicking a gesture intended to emulate the act of placing ones scrotum into the opponents mouth.

I also didn't say teabagging was sexual abuse, that's absolutely your inference here. Teabagging is as I just said, a gesture often thought to mimic a particular act of sexual abuse, and the fact that you and others label it by it's name (teabagging) suggests you're at no dissolution to that fact. I don't believe I'm alone in thinking that that makes the gesture all the more crude and immature.

It's also a matter of context. For me, Siege is an immersive tactical shooter and as such, teabagging and other nonsense are less at home in this environment than it would be more arcade like Destiny and others. Funnily enough though I'm not preventing you from doing it I just don't see what people doing it, benefit from it. People say it was 'fun' before and I feel that's based on the perception that teabagging annoys or effectively taunts the opponent, I guess because I don't see it as a taunt, I don't see it as 'being taunted' when someone does it but instead 'Oh, that guys < 14 years old, nice to know' pops into my head, so it's hard to see the appeal from this perspective. When we had the neogaf friendlies, only one guy did it in one of the matches, and the resounding thought from his team was just 'okay... why?'. I'm glad at least on the PS4 side of this community, I have plenty of people to play with that appear to share that perspective.

NeoGiff

You can press what you like. I am just telling you how I perceive it and based on the feedback people provided when this came up before (this is actually the third time) . You are the one that seems to have a problem with my perception of it. If you're going around teabagging, there are plenty of people that are going to think of it as immature.

I just wonder what your perceptions (and others like you) are when you do it, more than anything else. People seem to think it make people angry, or acts as some form of taunt, but at least for the people I play with, it gives them a good chuckle as the juvenile player celebrates his infrequent victory on the big screen.

That's my opinion. You're welcome to hold the opinion that it's 'in style',' cool' or 'fun' if you want. I, and plenty of others, don't share that perspective. For me it's just a matter of sportsmanship more than anything else. I'm in the match to have a good game, and have fun. The match is being played for entertainment, so I don't see the need to taunt anyone or try and annoy them with any type of behaviour, teabagging or anything else. It's similar to how the built-in taunts are generally frowned upon in competitive etiquette in the fighting game community. There's just no reason to taunt your opponent, least not by mimicking a gesture intended to emulate the act of placing ones scrotum into the opponents mouth.

I also didn't say teabagging was sexual abuse, that's absolutely your inference here. Teabagging is as I just said, a gesture often thought to mimic a particular act of sexual abuse, and the fact that you and others label it by it's name (teabagging) suggests you're at no dissolution to that fact. I don't believe I'm alone in thinking that that makes the gesture all the more crude and immature.

It's also a matter of context. For me, Siege is an immersive tactical shooter and as such, teabagging and other nonsense are less at home in this environment than it would be more arcade like Destiny and others. Funnily enough though I'm not preventing you from doing it I just don't see what people doing it, benefit from it. People say it was 'fun' before and I feel that's based on the perception that teabagging annoys or effectively taunts the opponent, I guess because I don't see it as a taunt, I don't see it as 'being taunted' when someone does it but instead 'Oh, that guys < 14 years old, nice to know' pops into my head, so it's hard to see the appeal from this perspective. When we had the neogaf friendlies, only one guy did it in one of the matches, and the resounding thought from his team was just 'okay... why?'. I'm glad at least on the PS4 side of this community, I have plenty of people to play with that appear to share that perspective.

It's a videogame.

I'm not responding beyond that as you've implied I'm immature and juvenile. I hope you continue to have fun with the game in the future, and that teabagging ceases to annoy you as much as it supposedly does, because it won't end anytime soon.

It's a videogame.

I'm not responding beyond that as you've implied I'm immature and juvenile. I hope you continue to have fun with the game in the future, and that teabagging ceases to annoy you as much as it supposedly does, because it won't end anytime soon.

Well, that wasn't what I said, but right-o! Haha.

Sorry if my thoughts on teabagging implicate you somewhat. Those are only the perceptions that teabagging provides from the other side of a network. I do not mean to suggest that everyone doing it, is a child or childish. I do feel that the act itself, is immature, but I have friends that do it on occasion, and I don't tend to think of them as children. But yes, it's not uncommon for people to make inferences like that because they have no other information about a player. If the only thing I know about you online is that your name is xXQu1kScop3z420Xx and the only behaviour I've seen from you is you teabagging someone on a winning killcam, then my first thought is indeed, that that guy is probably a little younger than the rest of us... but I don't mean to suggest that the behaviour in some way overrules all other interactions.

Oh, and yes I'm aware it's a video game, but your behaviour within one, does not exist in a vacuum, so I think it's perfectly open to social and moral discussion. It's interesting how people willingly use the 'it's just a video game line' when it suits them, but if an outsider attempted to dismiss our form of entertainment with 'it's a video game', it comes across as almost rude. Considering you exist here, on a forum centered around the discussion of video games and the topics that surround them, including, in many cases, social, societal and moral implications of the medium and particular games, I would argue the term 'it's a video game' or 'it's just a video game' is pretty reductive, condescending even, when you consider the context.

HiiiLife

What the hell did the patch do to this game. I love seeing blood gush out of players heads just to see them kill me with full health.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What the hell did the patch do to this game. I love seeing blood gush out of players heads just to see them kill me with full health.
Yeah that's another known bug. Like the t-pose-black-ghost-jesus, current status (last I checked) listed as "reported", no info on fix date, and seems highly unlikely for next patch. Which for consoles makes very late this month or early next the earliest they could get out a fix. And that's only if they have a fix soon.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a server side fix, but in my experience, when they break something with a patch they have to fix it with a patch.

Much speculation there, hopefully I'm wrong and they sort it sooner. But tbh I'm expecting early next month.

HiiiLife

Yeah that's another known bug. Like the t-pose-black-ghost-jesus, current status (last I checked) listed as "reported", no info on fix date, and seems highly unlikely for next patch. Which for consoles makes very late this month or early next the earliest they could get out a fix. And that's only if they have a fix soon.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a server side fix, but in my experience, when they break something with a patch they have to fix it with a patch.

Much speculation there, hopefully I'm wrong and they sort it sooner. But tbh I'm expecting early next month.

Guess I'm putting this down. Ranking system being wonky is one thing but screwing me out of my kills is just dumb. And it doesn't make me feel any better reading the subreddit with lots of players going through it. Especially a gif on there of a guy shooting someone in the head 3 times and still no kill.

Firewatch & Witness till the next patch comes I guess. Godspeed GAF.

Evolved1

Ubisoft is the second worst company behind Konami for me. They just don't give a shit. Releasing buggy games seems pretty normal for Ubisoft this gen.
Oh I believe this particular group cares about the game. But the patch (at least on PS4) was very unfortunate, for everyone.

NeoGiff

Well, that wasn't what I said, but right-o! Haha.

Sorry if my thoughts on teabagging implicate you somewhat. Those are only the perceptions that teabagging provides from the other side of a network. I do not mean to suggest that everyone doing it, is a child or childish. I do feel that the act itself, is immature, but I have friends that do it on occasion, and I don't tend to think of them as children. But yes, it's not uncommon for people to make inferences like that because they have no other information about a player. If the only thing I know about you online is that your name is xXQu1kScop3z420Xx and the only behaviour I've seen from you is you teabagging someone on a winning killcam, then my first thought is indeed, that that guy is probably a little younger than the rest of us... but I don't mean to suggest that the behaviour in some way overrules all other interactions.

Oh, and yes I'm aware it's a video game, but your behaviour within one, does not exist in a vacuum, so I think it's perfectly open to social and moral discussion. It's interesting how people willingly use the 'it's just a video game line' when it suits them, but if an outsider attempted to dismiss our form of entertainment with 'it's a video game', it comes across as almost rude. Considering you exist here, on a forum centered around the discussion of video games and the topics that surround them, including, in many cases, social, societal and moral implications of the medium and particular games, I would argue the term 'it's a video game' or 'it's just a video game' is pretty reductive, condescending even, when you consider the context.

I don't want to come across as hostile in any way, because I don't feel that way about this. I think it's just an amusing little animation loop that people can use when pulling off an amazing feat or something else amusing happens. You disagree. That's fine. And I didn't mean to be reductive with my "It's a videogame". Yes, I obviously care a lot about games, hence my presence here, and I long for the day they become fully accepted in the social mainstream just like reading or watching a film are. However, I think you're simply incorrect about presuming a lot of people who teabag do it out of a perverse impulse to stick their virtual balls in a virtual mouth. I don't even teabag often, but on the rare occasion when I do, I'm not visualising sticking my genitals in someone's dead mouth.

Anyway, we obviously disagree (and that's fine), and I don't want to derail this thread even further. There's enough meat in this discussion to actually make a thread out of it, too.

rinse82

Most people would've said fuck it and dropped the game by now - the fact that they really haven't says something about how well this game has been received.

Ubi would be smart to realize this and fix the damn game

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
After playing some of the game yesterday at a friends house and decided to finally buy it.

Is the PC community active or should i get it on PS4?

I'm more inclined to buy the PC version as i can run with with better graphics and the current stem sale for the gold edition is only ~25 bucks.

After playing some of the game yesterday at a friends house and decided to finally buy it.

I'm more inclined to buy the PC version as i can run with with better graphics and the current stem sale for the gold edition is only ~25 bucks.

Both PC and PS4 communities are very active so if you are edging towards PC then you should go for that. I would personally select the game based on your input preferences (keyboard and mouse or controller) as the game plays quite differently across the two platforms as a result of the devices used to play the game.

To give a simple overview, the PC gameplay is faster paced, more dependent on manual dexterity, and more punishing as a result. PS4 gameplay is less dependent on accuracy as people won't spin around and get a bead on you very often, flanking, strategy and positioning have greater emphasis.

Welcome to Siege by the way, we are friends on PS4 from the Uncharted 4 beta thread! :)

HiiiLife

I'd get pc. The ps4 is bug ridden right now.

The fact that is still continues, there no "off" it

...ok.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Both PC and PS4 communities are very active so if you are edging towards PC then you should go for that. I would personally select the game based on your input preferences (keyboard and mouse or controller) as the game plays quite differently across the two platforms as a result of the devices used to play the game.

To give a simple overview, the PC gameplay is faster paced, more dependent on manual dexterity, and more punishing as a result. PS4 gameplay is less dependent on accuracy as people won't spin around and get a bead on you very often, flanking, strategy and positioning have greater emphasis.

Man, the strange thing is that your post made me want to buy both versions. I usually don't make much difference between k/m or controller, but i tend to play more on console as my pc is not connected to the TV.

I think i'll get the PC version now and maybe double dip at Ps4 later.

Thanks for your input!

Edit: Yeah, i recognized your username. You're the crazy good Uncharted player =] We had some awesome games together. I'm really anxious for when U4 finally hits.

I'd get pc. The ps4 is bug ridden right now.

I know the Black Jesus glitch is prevalent on PS4 right now, but lets be fair, regardless of the version of this game that you buy, Ubisoft have a lot of work to do. People still clip through walls and get shot as a result, Kapkan can place invisible instant-killing traps on any platform, and the game still has odd quirks like getting stuck on random items in the environment (Ubisoft fixed much of this, but claimed it's a 'work in progress').

I wouldn't say any version of this game escapes these the term "bug ridden", and honestly holding out on this game for a month might not be a bad idea right now.

People have already started figuring out ways around frost and all that, but holy shit is it so satisfying when you're chilling out and suddenly you see "Welcome mat bonus" or "Shock bonus"---our crew has gotten several kills by people going down ladders to meet their fate at the death station (Barbed wire+shock+trap)

The sounds you hear are hilarious and disturbing at the same time. It's like 3 seconds of complete agony before they die.

What's wrong with all those team killers? There are still plenty

Are they just dumb?
Kiddies?
Some kind of mental issue?

I'm not sure.

I think part of it is the isolation of solo queuing, it allows things to escalate very quickly. Someone accidentally kills a teammate, then there's no opportunity to communicate about what happened, or coordinate a vote to kick. So instead they kill the guy, then the guy killed tries to kill the person that killed him, while the person he killed, and the person that killed him, try to kill the original tker. A single TK quickly spreads into anarchy.

Then another player gets sick of it, nitros them all then leaves the game. Solo queuing and a lack of communication allow the occasional asshole, or occasional mistake, to completely ruin a match.

iMax

Well, now they have your complete attention.

Ubisoft need to make a patch that when a mass team kill happens. The round is restarted.

I still think any shots fired in the preparation phase should have reflective damage, i.e. you shoot someone, you lose health.

I have an incredibly annoying habit of knifing when turning quickly in this game. I don't know if it's a sensitive stick on my DS4 or what but it's gotten me killed so many times.

Is there any way to disable melee or change what button it's mapped to on PS4 outside of changing the entire layout in the options??

I have an incredibly annoying habit of knifing when turning quickly in this game. I don't know if it's a sensitive stick on my DS4 or what but it's gotten me killed so many times.

Is there any way to disable melee or change what button it's mapped to on PS4?

You can go to the disability functions and remap any button to anywhere. You could map R3 to up on the d-pad and I don't think that would do anything anymore.

If you add the accessibility option to the quick menu (it's one of the options), you can then quickly toggle the custom layout 'on / off'.

I've found the accessibility features really handy, broadly. I like playing around with the zoom feature, and I also mess with colour options for fun. I once played a round of Siege with all the colours inverted. It isn't easy on the eyes, and it doesn't help you see indoors, haha. In loads of games I've used it to remap controls though, like I remapped role to L1 on Bloodborne, so that I could roll and retain camera control without clawing. People forget the feature exists I think.

You can go to the disability functions and remap any button to anywhere. You could map R3 to up on the d-pad and I don't think that would do anything anymore.

If you add the accessibility option to the quick menu (it's one of the options), you can then quickly toggle the custom layout 'on / off'.

I've found the accessibility features really handy, broadly. I like playing around with the zoom feature, and I also mess with colour options for fun. I once played a round of Siege with all the colours inverted. It isn't easy on the eyes, and it doesn't help you see indoors, haha. In loads of games I've used it to remap controls though, like I remapped role to L1 on Bloodborne, so that I could roll and retain camera control without clawing. People forget the feature exists I think.

Ah good call. Didn't even think about doing this on a system level. I'll give it a shot.

hunchback

I don't see how console games like this can have a professional leagues when the certification process for patches takes 2 week's.

Do they just set rules for the know bug's?

I don't see how console games like this can have a professional leagues when the certification process for patches takes 2 week's.

Do they just set rules for the know bug's?

Usually games don't have issues like this. Usually, the cert process ensures a reasonable level of quality when patches are pushed through.

Games like Uncharted 4, TLOU, Halo, Gears, even Call of Duty, have all had competitive leagues that were not significantly disrupted by any major bugs. Cert process is only a problem if you're in the habit of pushing out crappy patches.

That said, the cert process should catch this stuff, no? I guess it can't on a game that's online only though.

That won't work for you. It will fuck up your lean.

Ah yeah, that's right. Unless you wanted to lean with the dpad... :(

I don't understand why games don't have customisable controls. The accessibility features on PS4 have helped me a lot, but they don't work well with contextual controls. Navigating the menus on Bloodborne with the L1 button as cancel was difficult to get used to.

Usually games don't have issues like this. Usually, the cert process ensures a reasonable level of quality when patches are pushed through.

Games like Uncharted 4, TLOU, Halo, Gears, even Call of Duty, have all had competitive leagues that were not significantly disrupted by any major bugs. Cert process is only a problem if you're in the habit of pushing out crappy patches.

That said, the cert process should catch this stuff, no? I guess it can't on a game that's online only though.
There are test versions of xbox live and psn that both developers and first parties use to test multiplayer and downloadable content in general, so these bugs absolutely could have been caught during certification.

Though frankly, this patch should never have been submitted in the first place with these problems.

hunchback

I need some help with one of the Situations. I'm doing the Glaz one. How in the hell do you get that hostage in under 7 minutes? There are a bunch of terrorists out front and the ones waiting for you on the way out.

The next one with Mute is a bitch just because of that touchy button prompt for setting a door barricade. They need to patch that for consoles. You lose precious set up time in MP because of that.

Warts and all, I love this game.

Evolved1

Ah yeah, that's right. Unless you wanted to lean with the dpad... :(

I don't understand why games don't have customisable controls. The accessibility features on PS4 have helped me a lot, but they don't work well with contextual controls. Navigating the menus on Bloodborne with the L1 button as cancel was difficult to get used to.
Yeah, I think the top-level stuff on the PS4 could be a little better, but ultimately I blame developers for bottlenecking it with only allowing 2-3 presets to work with. It's not enough.

NeoGiff

I need some help with one of the Situations. I'm doing the Glaz one. How in the hell do you get that hostage in under 7 minutes? There are a bunch of terrorists out front and the ones waiting for you on the way out.

The next one with Mute is a bitch just because of that touchy button prompt for setting a door barricade. They need to patch that for consoles. You lose precious set up time in MP because of that.

For the Glaz one, kill the guys out front before moving forward. Then rappel up to the roof. You should be able to drop right in front of a door into the building. This door leads to the corridor right outside the hostage room. Kill the enemies, grab the hostage, and retrace your steps to the roof. Run across it towards the extraction point, but drop the hostage and use the minutes you have left to clear up anyone else you can see outside on the route to the extraction. Then grab the hostage, rappel down, and sprint to the extraction point. Sorry I can't be more specific about which outside door to enter... it's on the roof of the building to the right, just after the bridge-corridor joining the two buildings

At the beginning and at the end at least. And during character selection screen.
There are no effects at all.

It's a feature*

Bug

As for teabagging, the worst someone got me was when I was downed. Instead of finishing me off, the person decided to teabag me. I'll tell you one thing, those were the steeliest balls that ever smacked my virtual chin ever. How I wished for him to get shot in the back. But I strayed too far from my friends and had to endure the humiliation. You just have to be a particular kind of brave to do that in an intense game like this.

I've seen some other creative plays too. I was watching a hilarious gif of a teammate who went prone and stared the downed enemy right in his face until he bled out. The other guy of course held his gaze, which made it funnier.

Also Chrono, if I ever play you, I'm planning to down you, squat over you, pull out my drone, and snap a pic from my drone, to put on GAF lol

(Just kidding)

Play on easy, at least get a feel of the entire map.

First thing is first, kill the enemies immediately around you. Some on the roof, a few in the parking lot.

What I usually do is mad dash down the alley and rappel to the building roof across the hostage room.

I then snipe the enemies I see, grab the hostage, and then rappel out. By doing this, I avoid most of the guys in the hallways.

After rapeling, I just mad dash to the exit, or cover to cover to finish off some terrorists.

I wish the A.I was a little smarter and the enemies a little more diverse. I REALLY enjoyed that mission and want more, it's too bad the SP isn't as fleshed out.

NeoGiff

It's a feature*

Bug

As for teabagging, the worst someone got me was when I was downed. Instead of finishing me off, the person decided to teabag me. I'll tell you one thing, those were the steeliest balls that ever smacked my virtual chin ever. How I wished for him to get shot in the back. But I strayed too far from my friends and had to endure the humiliation. You just have to be a particular kind of brave to do that in an intense game like this.

I've seen some other creative plays too. I was watching a hilarious gif of a teammate who went prone and stared the downed enemy right in his face until he bled out. The other guy of course held his gaze, which made it funnier.

Also Chrono, if I ever play you, I'm planning to down you, squat over you, pull out my drone, and snap a pic from my drone, to put on GAF lol

(Just kidding)

This happened to my teammate too. He was downed in a bear trap in the secure area room, and the rest of both teams died. The last enemy came into the room and crouched down right in front of him, staring. Then he started slowly firing pistol shots into the wall behind my teammate, intentionally missing. He just stared him in the face until my teammate died and we lost the round. It was hilarious.

HiiiLife

Try turning v sync off in options if you don't mind a little tearing and FPS dips.

IMO it has been better than the locked 30 (even with the downsides I just mentioned).

I'm surprised how much smoother it made it. Now I can definitely finish situations and get those trophies.

Surprises I haven't seen people talk about it in here. Or maybe they did a couple pages back.

Top Bottom