• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Lame but still ok.

PS4 Gaf Battle Round 2, Wednesday 17th 8PM EST.
No black jesus, better hit reg, no yacht glitch, bigger shield for blitz.
The Patch we've been waiting for that will fix the game*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3.alpinestars1980
4.Silver Arrows
5.SirShizznit
6.moneyman232
8.Heavy_Hushed
9.Gaz_RB

+1 Spectator who could potentially stream and commentate?

One shot headshots with high first shot accuracy reward aiming skill and taking your time to line up shots rather than go for the almost guaranteed body damage. I like it. Any game with weapon spread is going to have some degree of randomness but I can bet you guys aren't being killed by random headshots as much as you think you are. Learn good crosshair placement and you'll see why it seems like people just headshot you immediately as you turn a corner.

Headshots in this game are the great equalizer between armor ratings. Rook would be way too tanky without the ability to pop him in the dome.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. But when a defender runs to a window barricade and randomly shoots through the barricade in the attacker's general direction and get a random headshot. It can be annoying. Same time, it was pure luck.

Lame but still ok.

1.Mike_Hawk689

I'm in.

One shot headshots with high first shot accuracy reward aiming skill and taking your time to line up shots rather than go for the almost guaranteed body damage. I like it. Any game with weapon spread is going to have some degree of randomness but I can bet you guys aren't being killed by random headshots as much as you think you are. Learn good crosshair placement and you'll see why it seems like people just headshot you immediately as you turn a corner.

Headshots in this game are the great equalizer between armor ratings. Rook would be way too tanky without the ability to pop him in the dome.

But suppose it was lucky. Wouldn't having something like 2 shots to the head on all weapons significantly reduce lucky sprays?

Lame but still ok.

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3. alpinestars1980

In!

For me personally, if I am in a firefight with someone and get killed by a "lucky" spray headshot, I chalk it up to me being too bad at the game to just headshot the guy outright.

That's not always the case though is it? Sometimes you clearly headshot them several times, and the damage just isn't registering.

Other times, it has nothing to do with your influence. You both see each other and begin firing at the same time, but because they ads and fire at the same time, one of his stray bullets hits your head before he even gets to ads.

There's definitely circumstances that are beyond your control, and indeed there's something to be said for recognizing your mistakes, but at the same time its not beneficial to dwell on outcomes you couldn't have foreseen.

Klyka

Banned
That's not always the case though is it? Sometimes you clearly headshot them several times, and the damage just isn't registering.

Other times, it has nothing to do with your influence. You both see each other and begin firing at the same time, but because they ads and fire at the same time, one of his stray bullets hits your head before he even gets to ads.

There's definitely circumstances that are beyond your control, and indeed there's something to be said for recognizing your mistakes, but at the same time its not beneficial to dwell on outcomes you couldn't have foreseen.

I play on PC with the 2.1 patch, headshots register again.

If I didn't aim for the head, I didn't aim correctly, that's all that really matters to me.

Is there a good community for this on PS4? I'm very tempted to get this given how much people seem to love it, reviews be damned.

Is there a GAF community of competitive, but non-assholes playing on Ps4?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
having such a shitty time in Ranked lately, idk what happened. Maybe I got way, way worse. I do well in Casual but in Ranked I'm just consistently getting outperformed by everyone.

wonder why. I haven't been playing because I was waiting for that to hit.

I don't think it's anything serious. Someone on reddit says the maintenance window is still the 16th, but the patch isn't live/pushed until the 17th? Not sure if that even makes sense in the context of the cert process, but that's just something I read.

Lame but still ok.

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3.alpinestars1980

Put me down.

Lame but still ok.

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3.alpinestars1980
4.Silver Arrows

I'm down. Let me know :):)

The teams are gonna be according to K/D. #1,3,5,8,10 vs #2,4,6,7,9. Or switch 5 and 6. whatever puts the average k/d per team the closest.
Unless you guys have any other ideas for teams, or draft (takes more time)

v1lla21

So how do we report glitchers? We caught some dude glitching and invited him to the party. He then told us he'd show us but he first asked about Madden coins.
Nvm. I guess it's a common glitch.

They need to remove thunt challenges or balance/add to the mode so people actually want to play it, because I can't find a game right now. It's 100% dead on all difficulties. I know its early in the morning, but shit, I can't find 5 players.

But suppose it was lucky. Wouldn't having something like 2 shots to the head on all weapons significantly reduce lucky sprays?

They'd have to rebalance the regular body damage to make up for that or you wont have as much incentive to actually headshot instead of just spray the body if it will kill in a similar amount of time. Increase the amount of body shots and then the entire game feel is different, not that it's 'realistic' now but it skirts the border, but more and it would feel like an entirely different game. One that is more about tracking aim than flick/precision aim, like a Dirty Bomb instead of the CS-feel it has now.

andycapps

Lame but still ok.

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3.alpinestars1980
4.Silver Arrows
5.SirShizznit
6. andycapps

Thought I was free but turns out I'll be out and about. Hopefully someone records the games and I can make the next one.

Lame but still ok.

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3.alpinestars1980
4.Silver Arrows
5.SirShizznit

I'm in, so is my friend(another fellow Gaffer) Primethius

They need to remove thunt challenges or balance/add to the mode so people actually want to play it, because I can't find a game right now. It's 100% dead on all difficulties. I know its early in the morning, but shit, I can't find 5 players.

You can remove challenges you don't want to do. I get rid of all the T hunt ones cause I don't care to play against AI

LAM09

Seems like that's the case quite often, as I encounter the same thing during the evening as well

is there any way to grab a refund for this piece of shit if purchased from uplay?

I'm seriously sick of matchmaking just not working on Ranked. Sometimes I don't even connect to other players. Sometimes I connect and we wait in loading hell together. It's always something. Like, this is a broken fucking product and I'm sick of wasting 30 minutes of my fucking time at a time just trying to get into a single match.

Klyka

Banned
is there any way to grab a refund for this piece of shit if purchased from uplay?

I'm seriously sick of matchmaking just not working on Ranked. Sometimes I don't even connect to other players. Sometimes I connect and we wait in loading hell together. It's always something. Like, this is a broken fucking product and I'm sick of wasting 30 minutes of my fucking time at a time just trying to get into a single match.

sorry to hear you have such problems with the game

like,some of you REALLY have problems with this game. so weird.

I love the game. I want to play it.

If only it would let me fucking play it

but it won't so it's 60 dollars down the drain for me

I'm not exaggerating when I suggest that I've spent more time waiting to actually join ranked matches (or waiting for the 'you're not allowed to play ranked for X minutes' timer after disconnecting from fucking loading hell) than I have PLAYING ranked matches

I'm ready to sell my uplay account if this shit doesn't get fixed within the next few days and I can't get a refund

Klyka

Banned
pc, east coast US, NAT type open.

I shouldn't be having any problems whatsoever...

and you're even on PC?

I kinda feel there's more to this than the game, haha

matchmaking is like 15 seconds for me and my friends on PC EU

you ever changed to a different server? like central US or something?

and you're even on PC?

I kinda feel there's more to this than the game, haha

matchmaking is like 15 seconds for me and my friends on PC EU

you ever changed to a different server? like central US or something?

how do I do that?

oh and just now after alt+f4ing out of loading hell and waiting for the 8 minute timer

I try ranked again and it tells me I can't join because I abandoned a previous match

and adds another 8 minutes

ffs ffs ffs ffs I just don't know man

Klyka

Banned
how do I do that?

oh and just now after alt+f4ing out of loading hell and waiting for the 8 minute timer

I try ranked again and it tells me I can't join because I abandoned a previous match

and adds another 8 minutes

ffs ffs ffs ffs I just don't know man

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3vbw5j/how_to_change_data_center/

also,why alt+f4? just back out to main menu.

press F10 please and tell me what data center you are connected to.

also if you have shit like zone alarm running,turn that off.

Top Bottom