• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Lame but still ok.

PS4 Gaf Battle Round 2, Wednesday 17th 8PM EST.
No black jesus, better hit reg, no yacht glitch, bigger shield for blitz.
The Patch we've been waiting for that will fix the game*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3.alpinestars1980
4.Silver Arrows
5.SirShizznit
6.Ronkey Rong
7.Primethius
8.Andycapps
9. Heavy_Hushed

I never know if I'm ever quoting and adding to these posts right, but if there's still room count me in (I'm Heavy_Hushed).

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Frost + shields is so good in Plane it's silly. Almost makes that map fun again. I can hold down the front (I think? Where there's 2 entrances and the little kitchen staff area) of the cargo hold all by myself. Still bored as hell of that map tho.

Frost + shields is so good in Plane it's silly. Almost makes that map fun again. I can hold down the front (I think? Where there's 2 entrances and the little kitchen staff area) of the cargo hold all by myself. Still bored as hell of that map tho.

I hate plane because of the people who refuse to play it and simply just rush to the entrances and pick off the attackers before they even get on the plane. I rush to pick Glaz everytime now so I can hide behind a fire truck and snipe.

Happened to me the last 3 times I got plane. :/

Rocketz

Something must have been up today because the game was full of team killing trolls and quitters. How a few games where it was 3v2. At least on Xbox.

If that continues tomorrow I might have to venture I ranked to hopefully fix that.

andycapps

Something must have been up today because the game was full of team killing trolls and quitters. How a few games where it was 3v2. At least on Xbox.

If that continues tomorrow I might have to venture I ranked to hopefully fix that.
I'm hoping the patch tomorrow helps with some people's frustration with the game that may encourage them to do that stuff. I still report everyone that team kills.

Rocketz

I'm hoping the patch tomorrow helps with some people's frustration with the game that may encourage them to do that stuff. I still report everyone that team kills.

Yeah I always block and report people that do it so I won't be matched with them again. I'm hoping the patch helps too.

Luckily most of the players do play the game right it's just when they don't it's super frustrating because of the nature of this game.

JohnDrake

I wasn't gonna buy this because I didn't have anyone to play it with but now that I am here I might get it. Is the game as good as everyone says it is? The gameplay I saw looks great but seems almost impossible to play with a team of random strangers.

I wasn't gonna buy this because I didn't have anyone to play it with but now that I am here I might get it. Is the game as good as everyone says it is? The gameplay I saw looks great but seems almost impossible to play with a team of random strangers.

its a fantastic game mate, you wont regret it.

andycapps

Yeah I always block and report people that do it so I won't be matched with them again. I'm hoping the patch helps too.

Luckily most of the players do play the game right it's just when they don't it's super frustrating because of the nature of this game.

I hear that and I totally agree that it's a rarity. Yesterday I had a string of shitty games though. One game everyone got team killed in one match. Next round the opposing team was glitching in yacht.

I ended up quitting that match. I was so frustrated.

That said for anyone reading these frustrations they're definitely the exception and not the norm. The game is one of the best multiplayer experiences out now IMO.

I thought the patch was meant to be today (PS4 Tuesday)
Yeah was supposed to be but now it's the 17th.

manhack

If the PC patch is any indication the console players will be enjoying the game anew.

Sadly matchmaking and Uplay issues on PC when forming parties are super annoying.

Meanwhile I continue to love this game

yeah good lord I connect INSTANTLY after manually switching data centers. It's awesome. That shit is like, edit it into the OP, material. Essential for those of us with mountains of problems.

what's not awesome? Getting removed due to a matchmaking error as soon as a ranked match starts. At least there's no cooldown timer for that.
Know what else there isn't? A Reconnect To Match button. Or at least one that consistently works... I've heard there is one, but I've never seen it...

Where's this spectator mode I'm seeing plastered all over google?

I'd say that on average 2/3 of the games you'll play (in ranked at least) you'll end up with talkative and entertaining randoms who do their best to coordinate and call out. Most games don't have communities that are generally this talkative and focused tbh
If the PC patch is any indication the console players will be enjoying the game anew.

Sadly matchmaking and Uplay issues on PC when forming parties are super annoying.

Meanwhile I continue to love this game

scroll up and see if that data center tweak helps ya

i'm gonna evangelize the shit outta that tweak

amazing

for the first time in the entire duration of my playing Siege (day 1), I finally got the 'reconnect to match' option after my computer crashed.

Which of course drops me into an infinite loading screen where I can see the names of my teammates as the game 'Searches for opponents'...

this game is seriously a total mess

Animator

I love the game. I want to play it.

If only it would let me fucking play it

but it won't so it's 60 dollars down the drain for me

I'm not exaggerating when I suggest that I've spent more time waiting to actually join ranked matches (or waiting for the 'you're not allowed to play ranked for X minutes' timer after disconnecting from fucking loading hell) than I have PLAYING ranked matches

I'm ready to sell my uplay account if this shit doesn't get fixed within the next few days and I can't get a refund

Play with a group instead of raging maybe? Pc discord is full of players every night. People play ranked with a full party so of course you will wait forever to find a game if you are queuing solo.

Any reason why they thought continually matching up entire teams of 100+ vs 1-10 levels was a good idea? Surely someone has a devil's advocate position for why people who haven't even unlocked an operator are facing opponents with at least a hundred hours clocked. As their teammate it's annoying (though I'm only 45), but I'm assuming it's even worse being that person. Though I guess being the 100+ very well ranked guy murdering everyone in casual would be something akin to fun.

The ps4 version could use some quick chat commands like Rocket League. Something like "please stop spotting with my drone while I'm trying to hide it" or "no no no please don't sledge that window no no wait oh nooooo"

Drewfonse

Any reason why they thought continually matching up entire teams of 100+ vs 1-10 levels was a good idea? Surely someone has a devil's advocate position for why people who haven't even unlocked an operator are facing opponents with at least a hundred hours clocked. As their teammate it's annoying (though I'm only 45), but I'm assuming it's even worse being that person. Though I guess being the 100+ very well ranked guy murdering everyone in casual would be something akin to fun.

The ps4 version could use some quick chat commands like Rocket League. Something like "please stop spotting with my drone while I'm trying to hide it" or "no no no please don't sledge that window no no wait oh nooooo"

I was just about to post this. It's gotten a bit ridiculous. I play Casual, rank 70, but with the skill level and map awareness of a 25 lol, and for some reason I routinely get teamed up with 5s and 10s against 80s-100s.

I also had a level 1 on my team, and I thought "you know, sometimes people are pretty good at games right of the bat"....and then he proceeds to team kill me as soon as the round starts. Level 1. I felt like fucking strangling him.

Drewfonse

Or, why the fuck did you pick Rook and then not drop Armor and then lay down in the corner underneath an unprotected ceiling hatch.

Maybe we could work that in somehow.

Or, why the fuck did you pick Rook and then not drop Armor and then lay down in the corner underneath an unprotected ceiling hatch.

Maybe we could work that in somehow.

It's like I don't want to get upset with them because there's so much to pickup at first and it's overwhelming, but the way to mitigate that is to keep ranks closer together. Obviously the best way to learn is to be with people better than you, but the gap is so wide that they're dying nearly instantaneously or not picking up on the advice. When half your team is trying to shoot your own drone as Attackers because you're trying to drive and spot the room in front of them before they go blazing in and apparently they don't realize it's on their side, what can you really do. You already got my hidden drone shot and now you're taking out my spotting one I was using to give you the heads up. IDK.

NeoGiff

Speaking of which, I was playing ranked the other day. We were attacking, and I picked Twitch. We were advancing and clearing very slowly, and I decided to whip out my shock drone to scout ahead and clear some jammers and traps. As I was rolling along, a teammate stopped, looked at my drone for a few seconds, and then shot it out.

I checked the scoreboard, and he was level 25. This was a ranked match. I immediately ran up to him and shot him in the head. No regrets.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of which, I was playing ranked the other day. We were attacking, and I picked Twitch. We were advancing and clearing very slowly, and I decided to whip out my shock drone to scout ahead and clear some jammers and traps. As I was rolling along, a teammate stopped, looked at my drone for a few seconds, and then shot it out.

I checked the scoreboard, and he was level 25. This was a ranked match. I immediately ran up to him and shot him in the head. No regrets.

Don't be that guy. Yeah it was a fucked up thing of him to do but it could've been an honest mistake. I would just ask "yo why did you shoot my drone". Stuff like this only escalates and promotes toxicity in the community.

NeoGiff

Don't be that guy. Yeah it was a fucked up thing of him to do but it could've been an honest mistake. I would just ask "yo why did you shoot my drone". Stuff like this only escalates and promotes toxicity in the community.

Usually I wouldn't do that, but over the last few days the game has been horrible to play, and I just reacted angrily. Teamkillers in both casual and ranked, as well as t-hunt. It's an absolute joke and I'm fed up of it.

andycapps

Usually I wouldn't do that, but over the last few days the game has been horrible to play, and I just reacted angrily. Teamkillers in both casual and ranked, as well as t-hunt. It's an absolute joke and I'm fed up of it.

So you teamkilled. Part of the problem. Maybe those other people teamkilling are frustrated as well?

I was just about to post this. It's gotten a bit ridiculous. I play Casual, rank 70, but with the skill level and map awareness of a 25 lol, and for some reason I routinely get teamed up with 5s and 10s against 80s-100s.

Well, to be fair, your own post just reinforced high rank =/= high skill.

NeoGiff

So you teamkilled. Part of the problem. Maybe those other people teamkilling are frustrated as well?

Frustrated at the very start of a ranked match after just joining up with a random team, purposefully picking recruits, shooting people who want to play the game properly, taunting them over their mics, and then quitting the game? This is a regular occurrence.

andycapps

Frustrated at the very start of a ranked match after just joining up with a random team, purposefully picking recruits, shooting people who want to play the game properly, taunting them over their mics, and then quitting the game? This is a regular occurrence.

I get the frustration, I'm just saying it's not helping. Now if I see somebody on my team teamkilling then I kill them as quickly as possible after they kill my teammates (assuming they didn't kill me first). Usually by that point it's too late and it's 1 or 2 vs 5 at that point and it's a lost round.

Lame but still ok.

PS4 Gaf Battle Round 2, Wednesday 17th 8PM EST.
No black jesus, better hit reg, no yacht glitch, bigger shield for blitz.
The Patch we've been waiting for that will fix the game*

1.Mike_Hawk689
2.Teasing_Pink
3.alpinestars1980
4.Silver Arrows
5.SirShizznit
6.moneyman232
7.TimeEffect
8.Heavy_Hushed
9.Gaz_RB

+1 Spectator who could potentially stream and commentate?

Bump. 1 More spots, most likely will start a 9pm. but be there around 8 so we can meet up in party chat and find the best host for the match!

^amazing avatar

Me(sneakingelephant) and Primethius got to back out. Sorry for the last min cancellation. Wasn't expecting work to get so hectic today.

New to the game, how do I deal with shields?

• Nitro cell
  • They expose their heads and part of their body when ADS
  • You can melee them from the front, which "stuns" them and drops their guard
  • Shoot exposed parts, especially if they're standing
  • Flank
  • Last, I've heard that, after enough damage has been taken, the shield is destroyed. Never seen this happen, personally, so could be a myth

Now that I often play as Operators w/nitro, seeing shield attackers is exciting.

dwEVEqO.gif

gyIHoAf.gif

epJniOf.gif

andycapps

New to the game, how do I deal with shields?

C4 is nice, or you can shoot at their ankles/heads if you have a shot. Patience seems to work to your advantage, also if you have a couple people taking them on where one can flank them it makes it very easy.

I was Gold 2 prior to this update. Boot it up. Silver 4?

I am losing my patience with this game.

Every one lost a certain amount of points. Given that copper to gold has smaller range, it makes it easier to get out of the lower ranks, but also easier to lose when Ubi decides to take points out of everyone

HiiiLife

Your rank is corrected to your actual rank. If that's making you "lose your patience" move on to another game, nobody gives a shit.

Who are you?

Every one lost a certain amount of points. Given that copper to gold has smaller range, it makes it easier to get out of the lower ranks, but also easier to lose when Ubi decides to take points out of everyone

Didn't they try correcting ranks with the last update? Now they're doing it again?

^yup this time it had less impact went from plat 3 to plat 2. 2.0 boosted me from gold 3 to plat 2 which was a hugeee boost.
They probably saw that the partition was not to their standards. (X% in copper x% in bronze,etc)

Reading people say that they still have headshot issues...not sure if they are right or wrong. Did the Patch fix the issues or not? Do the random black texture issues still happen? They've happened before patch 2.0 but never as prominently as the T body pose.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm stuck in Bronze hell. Honestly I don't give a shit as long as I get good matches. But I play more casual than ranked nowadays, where I feel like I'm really good lol.

Top Bottom