• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Reading people say that they still have headshot issues...not sure if they are right or wrong. Did the Patch fix the issues or not? Do the random black texture issues still happen? They've happened before patch 2.0 but never as prominently as the T body pose.

I don't play on consoles so I never saw the T body pose issue, but the headshot registration was completely fixed for me with the latest patch. It was messed up after 2.0 but now it is back to normal and feels much better.

HiiiLife

Reading people say that they still have headshot issues...not sure if they are right or wrong. Did the Patch fix the issues or not? Do the random black texture issues still happen? They've happened before patch 2.0 but never as prominently as the T body pose.

So far there hasn't been anything related to the black textures. Yet.

Thanks for the info. I was reading someone who said they put headshots into a guy in his killcam replay yet he still died.

Who knows if he's right, but I assume the case here is lag.

Which brings up my next point: how are the actual servers/lag now? I cant tell because of how they display your ping in this game, but it'd be nice to know about lag in this game.

I'm liking the update to the Uplay client, friends list is easier to navigate, stats on the game page. Only thing that bothers me is that the font looks a bit...off.. At 1440p. Other than that though, great changes.

lol

From reddit:

NfLQVTg.gif

Animator

I'm liking the update to the Uplay client, friends list is easier to navigate, stats on the game page. Only thing that bothers me is that the font looks a bit...off.. At 1440p. Other than that though, great changes.

I don't like that it is shaming us by showing how many hours we have played. :(

Archpath1

any others for xbox add me

gt- archpath1

always looking for more peeps

got my friend into it, said he never experienced something that intense being the last man too. lol

any others for xbox add me

gt- archpath1

always looking for more peeps

got my friend into it, said he never experienced something that intense being the last man too. lol

I just added you. My wife and I play this from time to time on XB1 and we are definitely looking to find people to play with.

Patch has been pretty good so far.

But man, the matchmaking feels worse. First ranked game post-patch: me on a team of gold I's and II's versus all plats and a diamond.

We got wrecked. Hard.

andycapps

Patch has been pretty good so far.

But man, the matchmaking feels worse. First ranked game post-patch: me on a team of gold I's and II's versus all plats and a diamond.

We got wrecked. Hard.

My understanding is that you don't use much of your ranking points by losing to a higher ranked team. But if you were somehow able to pull out a win, you'd probably jump up in rank quickly. I guess the alternative to not matching you against plats and diamonds is that you sit in matchmaking longer until a more appropriate set of players comes along.

Are you gonna be able to play tonight or busy too?

I'm still down to play.

Correction on the PSN Username: AlmostCptFaker

Waiting for that PSN name change...

My understanding is that you don't use much of your ranking points by losing to a higher ranked team. I guess the alternative to not matching you against plats and diamonds is that you sit in matchmaking longer until a more appropriate set of players comes along.

If that's true, that's fantastic. I don't mind it at all then. I thought they had a simplistic system for it based on wins and losses.

Edit: Anyone wanna do ranked/casuals on PS4 in about 10-15 min? Figure I might as well start playing with some GAFfers. Gold 2 is my rank.

I'm still down to play.

Correction on the PSN Username: AlmostCptFaker

Waiting for that PSN name change...

If that's true, that's fantastic. I don't mind it at all then. I thought they had a simplistic system for it based on wins and losses.
Cool you're in!

Count me in possibly if there is a spot. I'll let you know if I have to cancel later but Im 95% should be good

I got you as first replacement, since Moneyman said he wasnt 100%

For Tonight

Team 1: ShiShizznit, Teasing_Pink, Heavy_Hushed, Gaz_RB, Mike_Hawk
Team 2: Silver Arrows, TimeEffect, AlmostCptFaker, Moneyman232, alpinestars1980

AVG K/D team 1 = 1.31, team 2 = 1.25

Good enough? Or should we move some people around?

I don't like that it is shaming us by showing how many hours we have played. :(

Hahaha. So true. We were just talking about this last night. I'm the "casual" according to some in my group, and I have 160 hours played. Though, to be fair, probably half that time has been spent waiting for a match/trying to form a party.

FDBMath

Thanks for the replies. I was huge into the the original and Rogue Spear (Ravenshield too, but less so than the first 2) when I was PC gaming.

Erban1

Cool you're in!

I got you as first replacement, since Moneyman said he wasnt 100%

For Tonight

Good enough? Or should we move some people around?

if we start around 8:30-9ish EST i'll be good to go, and that's a pretty good balance. Not sure what could even be done to make it any more even.

I accidentally shotgun blasted my teammate right on the back. In my defense, he walked in front of me when I was shooting at a guy in the window.

Thanks for the replies. I was huge into the the original and Rogue Spear (Ravenshield too, but less so than the first 2) when I was PC gaming.

This game is the closest I've felt to that same tense, Rainbow Six feeling. It's more arcadey in design (Operators concept, the gadgets, etc.), but in execution, it's a ruthless and anxious experience.

if we start around 8:30-9ish EST i'll be good to go, and that's a pretty good balance. Not sure what could even be done to make it any more even.

Yeah, I'm hoping we start closer to 8pm EST.

That was the time we agreed to so I don't see why it should get pushed nearly an hour back.

By the way, glad to have you on the team, Money!

Erban1

Yeah, I'm hoping we start closer to 8pm EST.

That was the time we agreed to so I don't see why it should get pushed nearly an hour back.

By the way, glad to have you on the team, Money!

I definitely understand, hope I can manage to fight through traffic and make it on time. And yeah man, i'm excited. We've been playing a lot lately so it should be pretty easy to get coordinated.

I think 830-900 would be a better time. If moneyman hasn't played today he hasn't updated the patch yet, I didn't either but someone will be able to boot it up for me later.
I won't be home till 7-730, Gaz said he could at 9, would try to get earlier but I think he has work/school work + he would need to get the patch too.

I think 830-900 would be a better time. If moneyman hasn't played today he hasn't updated the patch yet, I didn't either but someone will be able to boot it up for me later.
I won't be home till 7-730, Gaz said he could at 9, would try to get earlier but I think he has work/school work + he would need to get the patch too.

If it's now scheduled tentatively for 9pm EST with a potential to start much later than that, I'll be out if that turns out to be the case.

Cool you're in!

I'm glad you balanced it out this time. Not that any of it matters, Gaz will kill the hostage anyway.

I'm glad you balanced it out this time. Not that any of it matters, Gaz will kill the hostage anyway.

Dem' fightin' words, son!

Chances are I won't be on until 6:30; 7:00 PM PST anyway, I need to download the patch as well. How big is it?

Top Bottom