• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Erban1

So yeah...we really gotta do this during the weekend
Edit:
Getting terrible lag after the patch, lag spikes up to 500 ish and constant rubber banding

Played for just an hour but super smooth. Matches found easily within 20 seconds, if that. X1. Hit detection seemed great. Super 90 needs a stupid range nerf.

Why is the feedback all over the place for this patch? Some hate it, some love it. What's going on?

Lag stuffs been strange for me. I get matchmaking errors plenty but I've never lagged or rubber banded in an actual match aside from the server issues back near launch.

A few of my friends rubber band often though. This patch hasn't really introduced any issues for me so far either. My ranked games were fine and the customs on the dedicated server were fine as well.

But the problem definitely exists for certain players.

Why is the feedback all over the place for this patch? Some hate it, some love it. What's going on?

I'm starting to think the Central US servers are just that good. I usually have a ping of <75. Last night I was around 50-65 for most matches.

Regardless, I did play for ONLY an hour, but matchmaking was super fast and I didn't have any hit detection issues.

My pings were pretty on eus last night. They usually hover around 60-70. Located in Texas btw. I'd like to know where the actual servers are located. Riot Games (League of Legends) migrated to somewhere and it's amazing. I'm at a constant 19 ping at all times.

Some minor things I noticed in 2.1:

-Your name is now back when you're using voice chat (yay!)
-Did they add a little "tick" noise for the round countdown? I don't ever remember hearing that before, but during the silent moments last night, I heard the ticking.

Drewfonse

Almost pulled off a fairly epic 1v4 against highly skilled opponents while defending a hostage on Plane. I dropped through a blown our floor hatch just as the team was starting to converge on the hostage room, worked my way back up and took out 3 of them from behind before succumbing to the last guy with 10 sec left.

Almost my finest moment.

Lol im having a blast with this. Playing smoke while on defense for bombs is the best. Most of the time i just wait it out. Than when a sorry sucker who didn't look around plants the defuser i drop all 3 toxic gas in the room and take out the defuser lol i love it.

LAM09

Some minor things I noticed in 2.1:

-Your name is now back when you're using voice chat (yay!)
-Did they add a little "tick" noise for the round countdown? I don't ever remember hearing that before, but during the silent moments last night, I heard the ticking.

Tick has been there for a while.

Menthuss

Goddammit, I've had it with this game being such a technical mess. 10 seconds left on the clock, me and a teammate are about to clear the last room that the last enemy is in and we suddenly start rubberbanding which prevent us from actually entering the room. Timer proceeds to run out and we lose.

Sort out your fucking game already, Ubisoft.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
The game is awesome, but I'm having a really hard time playing the mp against the most experienced players.

I feel like I'm the noobiest player in the world. I don't know the maps, I make some dumb errors when changing operators.

At least when my team is defending I feel like I contribute more to the team. When attacking it seems like I always die first and don't add nothing.

The game is awesome, but I'm having a really hard time playing the mp against the most experienced players.

I feel like I'm the noobiest player in the world. I don't know the maps, I make some dumb errors when changing operators.

At least when my team is defending I feel like I contribute more to the team. When attacking it seems like I always die first and don't add nothing.
When attacking which op do you like to play with?
Are you moving to fast?
Moving with team?
Using your drones?

Why is this game so constantly broken. It's so annoying.

I was watching footage, and apparently some of the floors arent destructible anymore. It has to be a glitch, but how it got in, god knows.

andycapps

Learning the maps takes time. One thing that helps is to watch other people that play and watch how they play. Lot of that relies on knowing where people are likely to be in a room. Making sure your cursor is at the corner so when you both see each other that you can get the drop on them the majority of the time.

Basically, hang in there. Everyone sucks when they first start. I'm still not that good but I enjoy the game. If I had more time to put into it I'm sure I could get a lot better but I'm usually limited to a couple hours several times a week.

General tips:
  • Crosshair position is SO important in this game. You should be rounding corners, expecting to give kill shots to anyone you run across. Learn the headshot height of players if you're good. I usually aim for upper shoulders/neck and hope recoil takes care of the rest, but I'm not a great console player, either
  • ABL Always Be Leaning. Gunfights are often decided by inches of exposure, especially as an attacker!
  • Sound is also important. Crouch when possible to stay quiet, especially as an attacker
  • Use your damned drones! Information is EVERYTHING in this game--knowing where a baddie is located is crucial to survival
  • If you are a shield guy, you should try to always have someone with you. You need someone who can flank (and protect your flanks) in order to be as effective as possible. Shields are also so damned loud, it's hard to successfully solo.
  • Thatcher and Thermite are peas in a pod. Stick with each other--Thatcher should be EMP'ing any area Thermite is trying to blow
  • Think outside the box. If your whole team is trying to breach in through one area (which is dumb), try and find a flank. Use your own drones and have your team help you. Use Ash's breaching rounds BELOW where enemies are located to injure them. Etc.
  • And here: a great video on 5 tips to become a better player, by a great competitive player.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
When attacking which op do you like to play with?
Are you moving to fast?
Moving with team?
Using your drones?

When attacking i played more rounds with the hammer guy (Sledge?). I'm 90% of times with the team, but it seems that i'm always in the worst spot =]

I tried to flank the opposing team two or three times and failed miserably, even when using my drone to check the map. One thing that happens with a certain frequency is that i die when checking the cameras, quite possibly because i don't know how to position myself properly.

Learning the maps takes time. One thing that helps is to watch other people that play and watch how they play. Lot of that relies on knowing where people are likely to be in a room. Making sure your cursor is at the corner so when you both see each other that you can get the drop on them the majority of the time.

Basically, hang in there. Everyone sucks when they first start. I'm still not that good but I enjoy the game. If I had more time to put into it I'm sure I could get a lot better but I'm usually limited to a couple hours several times a week.

I can say that the game is really great as i'm playing badly and still want to spent time with it. Playing on pc is a little harder as the other players are really fast and precise. But I'll keep going and i think i'll get easier.

General tips:
  • Crosshair position is SO important in this game. You should be rounding corners, expecting to give kill shots to anyone you run across. Learn the headshot height of players if you're good. I usually aim for upper shoulders/neck and hope recoil takes care of the rest, but I'm not a great console player, either
  • ABL Always Be Leaning. Gunfights are often decided by inches of exposure, especially as an attacker!
  • Sound is also important. Crouch when possible to stay quiet, especially as an attacker
  • Use your damned drones! Information is EVERYTHING in this game--knowing where a baddie is located is crucial to survival
  • If you are a shield guy, you should try to always have someone with you. You need someone who can flank (and protect your flanks) in order to be as effective as possible. Shields are also so damned loud, it's hard to successfully solo.
  • Thatcher and Thermite are peas in a pod. Stick with each other--Thatcher should be EMP'ing any area Thermite is trying to blow
  • Think outside the box. If your whole team is trying to breach in through one area (which is dumb), try and find a flank. Use your own drones and have your team help you. Use Ash's breaching rounds BELOW where enemies are located to injure them. Etc.
  • And here: a great video on 5 tips to become a better player, by a great competitive player.

Great tips man, will watch the video now.

Something i miss is a spectator mode (Is there one?), where i could watch some games to analyze other players. Something like the CS:GO one would be amazing.

Edit: The video is great! Thanks again for sharing.

Klyka

Banned
I really have no problems with this game and neither have my friends.

I know we are on PC which has been having much better support and less problems than consoles but....still.

andycapps

I can say that the game is really great as i'm playing badly and still want to spent time with it. Playing on pc is a little harder as the other players are really fast and precise. But I'll keep going and i think i'll get easier.

Keep in mind that everyone you're playing against has more experience than you do, and this is a game that's easy to get into but difficult to master. Top teams have strategies that are able to be countered by other top teams, etc.

Man, I absolutely love Serenity's videos. I'm going to try and watch some of his twitch live streams cause I can't get enough of that content.

Gaz_RB

Game just keeps getting worse everytime I play it. Between the matchmaking problems/high ping, I think I might be done. Patch just didn't do enough to fix my issues.

Yep. Infinite loading on ranked, so I quit and am banned. Such dog shit.

I can't believe how worse my experience has gotten and Im fed up with it

demolitio

Hopefully we'll get some more players on PC with this Uplay weekend sale. This game is definitely worth $24 even with the matchmaking issues.

X1 central US I've had zero issues matchmaking or lagging. I've been playing solo casual this past week, though, so maybe matchmaking is screwed when you have a squad?

andycapps

NM, apparently region changing is coming to console but not in yet.

Data center selection is now possible (PC users only, for now)
PC users can change their default data centers in the Rainbow Six game settings file (gamesettings.ini), which is usually located in the &#8216;My Documents\My Games\your Uplay ID&#8217; folder. Change the DataCenterHint value from &#8216;default&#8217; to the region&#8217;s short name that you wish to have as your default data center. The available region short names can be found just above the DataCenterHint line.

Note that we are planning to eventually expose this in the in-game UI for all platforms and this PC-exclusive feature is only a first step.

This game will never come close to working as intended.

Hit detection is better now but we're back to more connection errors/infinite smoke screen.

It's just so very dumb.

I'm Platinum now. Is that good or is that pretty common? Got it after a really good game, 5-4 back and forth. We had a rough first couple games but really stormed back to take the game. The enemy team had some really nice tricks that they pulled in those first games but we got wise and started intercepting them before they could do them. Love this game.

Klyka

Banned
This game will never come close to working as intended.

Hit detection is better now but we're back to more connection errors/infinite smoke screen.

It's just so very dumb.

None of my friends, nor me have that problem.
Matchmaking has been perfect ever since what, patch 1.2 or something?

People like to act like everything is unplayable when it's really not.

None of my friends, nor me have that problem.
Matchmaking has been perfect ever since what, patch 1.2 or something?

People like to act like everything is unplayable when it's really not.
You're on pc though, ps4 has had a lot more issues than the pc version, and that's the one Alpine was referring to. Matchmaking has not been perfect on the ps4 for some time. (My first game with the latest ps4 patch was a connection error even)

Top Bottom