• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

None of my friends, nor me have that problem.
Matchmaking has been perfect ever since what, patch 1.2 or something?

People like to act like everything is unplayable when it's really not.

This is kinda how I feel.

Maybe the PS4 version has more issues? I've actually NEVER had the blank smoke screen on X1. Had some "infinite" matchmaking screens a few patches ago but that's it. 2.1 has solved most of my issues.

I agree, some of the "THIS GAME IS COMPLETELY BROKEN" hyperbole in here gets annoying.

manhack

What matchmaking issues? On PC? It's fine for me.

On PC we have to sometimes remake squad/restart Uplay when we add new people to a squad that is in progress and get disconnects during matchmaking a lot.

Solo queue I don't have too many issues.

As far as "broken" I play the game for hours without issue once we get get our squad set up. It's just the Uplay stuff that is a pain in the butt.

2 months since release and they have come a long way towards getting the game in shape and the last PC patch has made the gameplay feel as good as it has since release.

I think myself and many others will be playing this game for a long time to come.

Klyka

Banned
On PC we have to sometimes remake squad/restart Uplay when we add new people to a squad that is in progress and get disconnects during matchmaking a lot.

As far as "broken" I play the game for hours without issue once we get get our squad set up. It's just the Uplay stuff that is a pain in the butt.

2 months since release and they have come a long way towards getting the game in shape and the last PC patch has made the gameplay feel as good as it has since release.

I think myself and many others will be playing this game for a long time to come.

I have you on my uplay friendslist.
Whenever i check my stats on the website and see you in my friend ranking I smile at your time/matches played XD

Drewfonse

Maybe the PS4 version has more issues? I've actually NEVER had the blank smoke screen on X1. Had some "infinite" matchmaking screens a few patches ago but that's it. 2.1 has solved most of my issues.

I agree, some of the "THIS GAME IS COMPLETELY BROKEN" hyperbole in here gets annoying.

Yeah, very few problems for me on X1. I go through phases where I get disconnected a little more, but they pass quickly. Almost non existent graphical/gameplay related glitches that I've noticed. Consider myself lucky, I suppose. Maybe I'm just unobservant.

Animator

Seconding this. PC gaf crew is going strong.

The hyperbole around server issues makes this game seem like BF4 launch. I can't speak for the console versions but the PC has definitely been playable despite hiccups.

We have literally had a group playing for 3+ hours every single day since launch.

Klyka

Banned
my friends are hyper-sensitive about server issues and not being able to play a game, they will immediately drop it if things don't work well and we have all been playing basically every day since the end of december.

there really is a lot of hyperbole with the game,especially with cheaters too.
on the sub reddit people act like literally every single round has 1-2 cheaters in it, yes I have seen a single one in my time playing.

it's crazy.

Erban1

This game will never come close to working as intended.

Hit detection is better now but we're back to more connection errors/infinite smoke screen.

It's just so very dumb.

This game is like a hard drug, when it works it's unlike anything else...when it isn't it's a painful experience.

I'll be on for my daily dose tonight
latest

Hopefully we'll get some more players on PC with this Uplay weekend sale. This game is definitely worth $24 even with the matchmaking issues.

Where is this exactly? I've been contemplating double dipping (since I suck on console FPS games) but the uplay store doesn't show me this price when I try to add to cart.

None of my friends, nor me have that problem.
Matchmaking has been perfect ever since what, patch 1.2 or something?

People like to act like everything is unplayable when it's really not.

Read below.

You're on pc though, ps4 has had a lot more issues than the pc version, and that's the one Alpine was referring to. Matchmaking has not been perfect on the ps4 for some time. (My first game with the latest ps4 patch was a connection error even)

Yes, sir.

Putting words in my mouth a bit there. From my perspective, this game has never, ever worked fully as intended. Doesn't mean I don't keep coming back day after day.

The hyperbole around server issues makes this game seem like BF4 launch. I can't speak for the console versions but the PC has definitely been playable despite hiccups.

We have literally had a group playing for 3+ hours every single day since launch.

PC version =/= PS4 version.

This game is like a hard drug, when it works it's unlike anything else...when it isn't it's a painful experience.

I'll be on for my daily dose tonight

And I'll be right there with ya. ;)

andycapps

PC version doesn't seem perfect either. A twitch streamer I was watching earlier was playing ranked with a full party and they had to reform the group multiple times because they'd start ranked matchmaking and some of them would be stuck on the menu, or when they did all get into a search, it searched for 3 minutes, they backed out, tried again and it took 5 minutes, then they backed out, then started again and almost immediately went into a lobby.

So PC doesn't seem perfect either. But I agree with Alpine, even with the issues that this game has, I find myself having much more fun with it than other games I've been playing lately.

The good part is that the gameplay is great. You can't really fix that post-launch. You can fix bugs. Sucks that not everything is fixed at this point, but they're still developing new content and putting out patches so I'm okay with bearing with the bugs that pop up occasionally.

PC version doesn't seem perfect either. A twitch streamer I was watching earlier was playing ranked with a full party and they had to reform the group multiple times because they'd start ranked matchmaking and some of them would be stuck on the menu, or when they did all get into a search, it searched for 3 minutes, they backed out, tried again and it took 5 minutes, then they backed out, then started again and almost immediately went into a lobby.

So PC doesn't seem perfect either. But I agree with Alpine, even with the issues that this game has, I find myself having much more fun with it than other games I've been playing lately.

The good part is that the gameplay is great. You can't really fix that post-launch. You can fix bugs. Sucks that not everything is fixed at this point, but they're still developing new content and putting out patches so I'm okay with bearing with the bugs that pop up occasionally.

Nope. PC version is literally perfect. :p

I can and obviously do put up with the many bugs in this game, but, my beef is mostly the fact that the major bugs are vital to the game working correctly in multiplayer. The one place it has to work yet doesn't(fully).

Either way, hope to see you on tonight, Andy, haha.

When attacking i played more rounds with the hammer guy (Sledge?). I'm 90% of times with the team, but it seems that i'm always in the worst spot =]

I tried to flank the opposing team two or three times and failed miserably, even when using my drone to check the map. One thing that happens with a certain frequency is that i die when checking the cameras, quite possibly because i don't know how to position myself properly.

I can say that the game is really great as i'm playing badly and still want to spent time with it. Playing on pc is a little harder as the other players are really fast and precise. But I'll keep going and i think i'll get easier.

Great tips man, will watch the video now.

Something i miss is a spectator mode (Is there one?), where i could watch some games to analyze other players. Something like the CS:GO one would be amazing.

Edit: The video is great! Thanks again for sharing.

I guess some other tips/advice is you will gain map awareness and knowledge as you play more. So you'll get used to the spots where people gravitate towards and account for them. Watch your legs if you're covering an area. You don't want any part of you poking through a wall. It sucks.

To parrot other people Always be Leaning and Always be Listening. It's the best way to get the fastest shot on someone if you hear them coming and you have less of yourself exposed. Also you can hear when a charge is being placed on the a wall near you. And you can shoot them to destroy them. Also if you see a thermite charge going off on a non-reinforced wall, shoot it and it won't go off.

Try to navigate the map in unconventional ways. Once you learn how most people play the game you can use that to your advantage. I usually never assault the building at the exact floor the objective is on. I'm always coming from above or below. This idea is also useful for roaming. You know the enemy team is going to make a hole in the ceiling so set up shop there and you can get a devastating surprise flank. I hate teams that trap us all in the room, it's far better to be where they don't expect you. That's sort of lone-wolfing it but never forget to at least cover the ceiling entrances (reinforce them, camp them, something). I can't count how many amazing flanks I've had breaching through an exposed ceiling. Or roaming up to the ceiling that the attackers were trying to breach.

Barbed wire is more useful as an early detection device. Say you're covering two entrances. You don't want to be looking back and forth. Put a barbed wire or two on one and you watch the other while listening for that sweet jingle.

When shooting I usually just shoot for center mass or the head. The limbs it seems can actually take quite a bit of damage.

Putting words in my mouth a bit there. From my perspective, this game has never, ever worked fully as intended. Doesn't mean I don't keep coming back day after day.

That wasn't directed specifically at you. We've just had a lot of "this game is a complete mess" "this game is broken" when...well, it makes me think they've never actually played a game that is *actually* broken or a complete mess.

Vorheez

I've put 50 hours into the ps4 version. Yeah, there have been some hiccups here and there, but that has made up maybe an hour total of my playtime. Furthermore, I have 2 friends that I play with constantly who have a combined 60 hours and it's the same thing, occasional issues, but working 90% of the time. The biggest issue for me was the hit detection/headshot issues but that is fixed now. I admit that some people may experience more FREQUENT issues than mine, but the game is not broken. You're lying. Stop it. I've played with hundreds of people since I bought the game and only hear of how "broken" it is on gaf. I understand people are frustrated, but come on... Some of you guys are like clearance level 60-90, yet complain that the game is unplayable? Huh? I doubt you trudged through shit for that long.

Siege is fine on ps4. It's hyperbole.

That wasn't directed specifically at you. We've just had a lot of "this game is a complete mess" "this game is broken" when...well, it makes me think they've never actually played a game that is *actually* broken or a complete mess.

Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

I've put 50 hours into the ps4 version. Yeah, there have been some hiccups here and there, but that has made up maybe an hour total of my playtime. Furthermore, I have 2 friends that I play with constantly who have a combined 60 hours and it's the same thing, occasional issues, but working 90% of the time. The biggest issue for me was the hit detection/headshot issues but that is fixed now. I admit that some people may experience more FREQUENT issues than mine, but the game is not broken. You're lying. Stop it. I've played with hundreds of people since I bought the game and only hear of how "broken" it is on gaf. I understand people are frustrated, but come on... Some of you guys are like clearance level 60-90, yet complain that the game is unplayable? Huh? I doubt you trudged through shit for that long.

Siege is fine on ps4. It's hyperbole.

Oh, well, I guess I'm lying then. I mean, I'm only rank 119 and have a small sample size of playing time of only roughly 100+ hours. I couldn't possibly know anything.

Get out of here with this nonsense.

You didn't even get the game on launch, did you?

Besides, you missed the many times that I've said due to the core gameplay being so great I have put many hours into the game despite many, many bugs.

Others have said the same.

Massa

I think the problem is people tend to come here to vent when they run into problems (which everyone does), so this thread feels more negative than anyone would like.

I think the problem is people tend to come here to vent when they run into problems (which everyone does), so this thread feels more negative than anyone would like.

Yeah, you're right. I'm also not trying to invalidate everyone's frustrations--it's a case of "unhappy customers are often the loudest". It's rare for anyone to come in here and say, "Man the servers are working great, matchmaking was awesome today!" because instead we just talk about how much fun we had.

Just wanted to temper some of the (righteous) negativity.

I think my main issue nowadays is that it can still take a while (3-5 mins) to find a last player for a squad of 4. We still get the *occasional* disconnect, but compared to launch when we would get kicked out seemingly every other round, it's fantastic. I can see why it wouldn't be up to some player's standards, though.

Im on ps4 and the only major problem I've personally run into is being put right into a match that just began so now you gotta sit there for 4 minutes. Not so much a problem as its more me being impatient lol

Vorheez

Oh, well, I guess I'm lying then. I mean, I'm only rank 119 and have a small sample size of playing time of only roughly 100+ hours. I couldn't possibly know anything.

Besides, you missed the many times that I've said due to the core gameplay being so great I have put many hours into the game despite many, many bugs.

I'm sorry, but with that amount of playing time, I highly doubt the game is as bad as you're claiming. It has minor problems, not major ones. Record yourself playing for an evening with all of these countless bugs and problems people are claiming and I'll shut my mouth and never speak on it again.

And no, a compilation of bugs/glitches does not work because anyone can do that, especially with the insane amount of playing time you have. It makes a problem look worse than it is because it's all relative. You've experienced more problems than me simply because you've doubled my playing time, and cramming all of your bugs/issues into a 6 minute video doesn't mean anything (even though it looks horrible to others). Record one entire evening, from start to finish, and we will see how horrible your experience really is. If I'm wrong and your issues warrant claiming that the game is a mess and/or broken, then I will formally apologize and shut my mouth, but all of these wild claims are becoming ridiculous.

Show me the receipts.

I'm sorry, but with that amount of playing time, I highly doubt the game is as bad as you're claiming. It has minor problems, not major ones. Record yourself playing for an evening with all of these countless bugs and problems people are claiming and I'll shut my mouth and never speak on it again.

And no, a compilation of bugs/glitches does not work because anyone can do that, especially with the insane amount of playing time you have. It makes a problem look worse than it is because it's all relative. You've experienced more problems than me simply because you've doubled my playing time, and cramming all of your bugs/issues into a 6 minute video doesn't mean anything (even though it looks horrible to others). Record one entire evening, from start to finish, and we will see how horrible your experience really is. If I'm wrong and your issues warrant claiming that the game is a mess and/or broken, then I will formally apologize and shut my mouth, but all of these wild claims are becoming ridiculous.

Show me the receipts.

Dude, I don't care if you believe me or not.

Did you buy this game at launch or not?

Vorheez

No, I didn't.

What does that have to do with anything? Your complaints about this game are for right now, not 2 months ago. It's not December anymore dude.

And that's fine, I'll just remember that you complain simply for the sake of complaining. Your game works fine. Show me otherwise.

No, I didn't.

What does that have to do with anything? Your complaints about this game are for right now, not 2 months ago. It's not December anymore dude.

And that's fine, I'll just remember that you complain simply for the sake of complaining. Your game works fine. Show me otherwise.

What does it have to do with anything?! Uh, maybe that it's been having the same problems since launch.

Remember me how you like. I don't care.

andycapps

Nope. PC version is literally perfect. :p

I can and obviously do put up with the many bugs in this game, but, my beef is mostly the fact that the major bugs are vital to the game working correctly in multiplayer. The one place it has to work yet doesn't(fully).

Either way, hope to see you on tonight, Andy, haha.

I hear you. I don't play as much as you so I may just not encounter the bugs as often. It also may be that once someone has spent so much time on a game, they notice the shortcomings more than someone that hasn't played it as much. I wish I could play more, just pretty busy with family and job stuff. I hope to be on tonight but I don't feel well, and I try to put time in to hanging out with the wife if she's up for it, and then I play some Siege if I have time otherwise. I'll be on between 8-12 AM EST tomorrow though for sure since she's working overtime then, haha.

Can't we all just get along and get back to people posting sick/funny rounds that they had?

Erban1

Show me the receipts.

Thing is, one's definition of broken varies from person to person. I absolutely love this game, but there are moments when the game is indeed broken. You may have avoided the vast majority of issues, and that's awesome for you, but doesn't make it so for the rest of us. Prior to the patch on Wednesday I've been dropped from a game for ping once and very rarely got lag spikes, but the problem got worse as soon as the patch hit. Ping jumping from 70 ish to 1000 for no discernable reason and being subsequently shot in the head from someone I couldn't even see definitely falls under the broken category for me. Same with being stuck in a rubberband loop trying to jump over a barrier outside for a minute straight. If that's an acceptable occurrence for something you paid money for, fair game, but I'm going to discuss it. If no one is addressing issues how do we hold the Devs accountable?

I've had more good than bad to say about the game, same with Alpine, but there are absolutely issues that make the game downright a pain to play.

I still love this shit though...

No Love

Banned
Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Show me the receipts.

Thing is, one's definition of broken varies from person to person. I absolutely love this game, but there are moments when the game is indeed broken. You may have avoided the vast majority of issues, and that's awesome for you, but doesn't make it so for the rest of us. Prior to the patch on Wednesday I've been dropped from a game for ping once and very rarely got lag spikes, but the problem got worse as soon as the patch hit. Ping jumping from 70 ish to 1000 for no discernable reason and being subsequently shot in the head from someone I couldn't even see definitely falls under the broken category for me. Same with being stuck in a rubberband loop trying to jump over a barrier outside for a minute straight. If that's an acceptable occurrence for something you paid money for, fair game, but I'm going to discuss it. If no one is addressing issues how do we hold the Devs accountable?

I've had more good than bad to say about the game, same with Alpine, but there are absolutely issues that make the game downright a pain to play.

I still love this shit though...

I play with Alpine sometimes and he's not bullshitting. When you play the game a decent amount you really get a feel for all the bugs.

Yes the last patch was really buggy, this one has been good, but the core gameplay is so perfect, so unlike everything else that the bugs are literally the worst thing I could say about the game. And they're constantly getting squashed so...

I can only imagine how good it's going to be when everything is patched up and smooth and refined to the T.

My biggest issue in 60 hours is matchmaking errors occasionally. I don't doubt that other people have had issues but outside of the t-pose occasionally hit detection issues which have been fixed, it's been relatively stable for me.

From last night. Thought it was funny to have four defensive measures all lined up. If only it also had a Castle door, ADS, Bandit charge, jammer, and nitro cell...

uVC7BXT.jpg

I think the reason some are complaining so loudly about the bugs(which there are plenty) is because the game is so good, not in spite of it. I've close to 170 hours on the PC version, which by most accounts is the most stable/bug-free version and I've encountered numerous sync issues, matchmaking errors, U.I. design problems, hitbox errors, etc. amongst many many others. I've probably spent about a 1/4 of total time played just sitting in MM or trying to connect to friends, it's core gameplay loop is so damn good, that I tolerate the issues regardless. Hell, I'll be playing tonight. I can say, I've seen it do nothing but improve since launch, so I'm happy in how Ubi has handled the game so far.

I think the reason some are complaining so loudly about the bugs(which there are plenty) is because the game is so good, not in spite of it. I've close to 170 hours on the PC version, which by most accounts is the most stable/bug-free version and I've encountered numerous sync issues, matchmaking errors, U.I. design problems, hitbox errors, etc. amongst many many others. I've probably spent about a 1/4 of total time played just sitting in MM or trying to connect to friends, it's core gameplay loop is so damn good, that I tolerate the issues regardless. Hell, I'll be playing tonight. I can say, I've seen it do nothing but improve since launch, so I'm happy in how Ubi has handled the game so far.

Yeah I feel that it's the same issue with SFV right now, the game is unbelievably good but people are having a hard time accepting the content on offer (just like the early days of Siege) and the bugs really tarnish the experience (mostly matchmaking on SFV).

Underneath it though, both are unbelievably good games. Shame neither developer could muster the support to release a more polished experience. I don't think much is going to change in Rainbow Six's case. They've floundered for months without it being addressed. I'm afraid to say it but I think to pick games like this up, you need to prove you can address issues like the ones Siege is facing in a prompt and efficient manner. I think even for fans of this game, they've lost confidence in the developers, and many of them will jump onto the next new thing that takes their fancy, having grown tired of Siege's issues.

Matchmaking is being a bit of a bitch on PC right now and I looked and it has me on the SCUS data center when I normally am on EUS. I've tried several times to restart and it keeps doing that. Wonder what is going on.

demolitio

Where is this exactly? I've been contemplating double dipping (since I suck on console FPS games) but the uplay store doesn't show me this price when I try to add to cart.

Hit "Shop" on Uplay and then click the weekend 75% off sale. It shows up as $23.99 U.S. on there for me.

demolitio

It shows up as $23.99 but then in the checkout screen, it changes to $44.99.

Wow, that sucks. I never made it that far since I already had the game, but I was shocked last night when I saw that price. I guess it really was too good to be true. They're showing the discounted season pass price as the price for the game on the sale list which is pretty devious (or idiotic since we're talking about UPlay).

I imagine it won't be too long until it's that price. Seems like they're eventually going to go the CS:GO route with selling people on skins mostly and it seems to be working based on how many of those premium skins I've seen so far.

atr0cious

Accidently played one of the best r6 squads in the world in ranked today, heist. And me and some friends actually took a round and were a couple dumb inexperienced moves from making a game or of it. The next game we match up with a team of 3, vs our 5, where one of them proceeds to go 21-3, though we still win. But it was very apparent to go from a great group of players to just someone hacking well. Fix this shit ubisoft.

Judging by sound files on Reddit, it seems likely that the next Operators are:

1) Female Defender who can place deployable camera feeds

2) Male Attacker who has a shield on his gun?

Defender seems like an obvious request, and would help freshen up the fact that people always take out Defender cameras.

I'm not sure how the attacker would work. Would he basically be harder to headshot or hit, while having the ability to use a primary weapon?

Stat!

Judging by sound files on Reddit, it seems likely that the next Operators are:

1) Female Defender who can place deployable camera feeds

2) Male Attacker who has a shield on his gun?

Defender seems like an obvious request, and would help freshen up the fact that people always take out Defender cameras.

I'm not sure how the attacker would work. Would he basically be harder to headshot or hit, while having the ability to use a primary weapon?

I actually trust Ubisoft with regards to Operators as neither buck nor Frost seem super OP. Just need to slightly reduce Frost's shotgun range.

Concerning the defender: That'll be an interesting operator. I think it might be best if only she can use cameras she places? But it'll all depend on how big the cameras are in regards to finding them.

Concerning the attacker: essentially the shield protects your head but gives you a smaller area in which you can aim down sights.

It really boggles the mind how many teamkillers and quitters there are in ranked. Like, what do you personally gain by wasting 30 minutes of your time just to leave or going on a rampage?

I wish we could see damage % done by a teammate

Sometimes an asshole doesnt outright kill you and just takes your health away. And if you get mad and kill him, people will turn on you

Yesterday a guy shot our teammate down, I whipped around and killed him, then helped the guy who was downed.

I was lucky that the rest of the team didn't kill me in the process

Top Bottom