• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Stat!

Teamkillers (I am talking being removed from the match for teamkilling - not accidental) who repeatedly are removed (like twice) should be banned for a week in-game.

andycapps

Teamkillers (I am talking being removed from the match for teamkilling - not accidental) who repeatedly are removed (like twice) should be banned for a week in-game.
I'd like for them to review the stats at this point and find the people that have team killed repeatedly and ban them for a week.

Judging by sound files on Reddit, it seems likely that the next Operators are:

1) Female Defender who can place deployable camera feeds

2) Male Attacker who has a shield on his gun?

Defender seems like an obvious request, and would help freshen up the fact that people always take out Defender cameras.

I'm not sure how the attacker would work. Would he basically be harder to headshot or hit, while having the ability to use a primary weapon?

I posted this a few pages back:

Oh man, I completely missed this discussion on reddit from a few months back.

For the new US CTu operator, it looks like he has a personal ballistic shield that is gun-mounted. Gallery here.

hahyBcA.jpg

Md0VrRw.jpg

EGvl3Oo.png

EDIT: Unrelated, but Ubi was supposed to put the Original skin packs (one per CTU) on sale for renown this weekend, but retracted it. However, they did say they still plan on doing this, so maybe there was a technical issue.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If "has tiny shield on his gun" is really his gimmick he will swiftly join Buck on the "I'll never play him" list.

Wish he didn't just look like army man. My guess is since his gun has a shield he will be 1 armor and 3 speed.

I think he will be 2 or 3 armour. It doesn't make sense to me to give an agile character a a shield like that. Similarily, it wouldn't make sense for Blitz or Montange to have 1 armour. How can you have maximum mobility with something like that on your weapon?

Nothing wrong with Buck, but the shield-gun operator sounds redundant and anti-team oriented. Buck is more of a selfish, lethal operator, and it'd be nice to see more operators that benefit the entire team or shift around the meta in some way.

I wonder if we'll see attackers that can maybe throw a kind of motion sensor that marks enemies in a given radius, or one that can create smaller holes in reinforced walls and install a fisheye camera.

I think a Motion Sensor grenade would be great for flushing out potential roamers.

Wish he didn't just look like army man. My guess is since his gun has a shield he will be 1 armor and 3 speed.

He actually looks closest to what an actual, modern day FBI HRT operator is equipped with. Those Crye Combat uniforms are very popular around worldwide now in both military and special police agencies. Even Spetsnaz units are using them or at least copies of them.
tumblr_nle9maN5EW1ts3pczo7_500.jpg

Rocketz

I think he will be 2 or 3 armour. It doesn't make sense to me to give an agile character a a shield like that. Similarily, it wouldn't make sense for Blitz or Montange to have 1 armour. How can you have maximum mobility with something like that on your weapon?

Blitz or Montange also only have pistols which unless you are doing head shots are at a disadvantage to assault rifles. It seems strange to me to give a person 3 armor an assault rifle with additional armor on it. Their shield is their strength. I don't want a walking tank with a powerful gun.

I could be wrong but the way I imagining him with the low health and quick speed. His ability is flipping out the shield on his gun for extra armor but this creates blind spots as the shield blocks your left and right so it would discourage you to use it all the time. I could see him as a 2 but it's my guess he is a 1.

His character model compared to the other 3 armor ones is also different as he does not have much armor on and seems more similar in line with Ash or IQ compared to Montange on the left who is a 3.

He actually looks closest to what an actual, modern day FBI HRT operator is equipped with. Those Crye Combat uniforms are very popular around worldwide now in both military and special police agencies. Even Spetsnaz units are using them or at least copies of them.
tumblr_nle9maN5EW1ts3pczo7_500.jpg

Oh I know they've done a good job at making him look the part that he's actually modeled to be, I just wish he had something to make him stand out more. He looks like he just straight pulled out of an modern military shooter but I understand he is a FBI HRT operator and that's what they wear.

I'm sure this was talked about at some point after the patch, but I really am hating that it made me a silver when I was a gold 4. I haven't been able to get back to gold yet. :/

I also:

Saw black jesus glitch again
Hate airplane map (take it out of rotation. spawn killing is a joke on here)
Think IQ needs buffs

That is all.

Any good website to keep up with the pro tournaments and what not? I've been watching a few archives and it's really enjoyable. Would love to watch this stuff live (and I need a replacement for League of Legends, which is dreadfully boring now).

Siddiqui

Any good website to keep up with the pro tournaments and what not? I've been watching a few archives and it's really enjoyable. Would love to watch this stuff live (and I need a replacement for League of Legends, which is dreadfully boring now).

Not sure but I managed to finally watch a live tournament stream today. fpsZED streamed himself playing in the ESL tournament today. He's part of LiT which is - after today - the highest ranked ESL clan in North America so if there's a tournament his team should probably be in it. The next ESL tournament is next Sunday and he should be streaming then.

Is this a thing that actually happens?

Team killing? Yeah definitely. Killing someone for kill hogging. Um less so I'd hope. I was playing in Thunt though. Not sure if that makes it better or worse tbh.

I've been farming for the 100 wins trophy so I've memorized the spawns. Not that it matters, people are terrible at Thunt, and I have bail them out even if I don't try. Case in point this match where I had 16 kills going into wave 4, so he kills me in-between waves, and then almost immediately gets wrecked. Not even a single kill, after he killed me. We lost. Wasted time.

Stat!

Team killing? Yeah definitely. Killing someone for kill hogging. Um less so I'd hope. I was playing in Thunt though. Not sure if that makes it better or worse tbh.

I've been farming for the 100 wins trophy so I've memorized the spawns. Not that it matters, people are terrible at Thunt, and I have bail them out even if I don't try. Case in point this match where I had 16 kills going into wave 4, so he kills me in-between waves, and then almost immediately gets wrecked. Not even a single kill, after he killed me. We lost. Wasted time.

THunt is the worst. Im convinced that players in THunt is up there for the worst community for gaming out there right now.

THunt is the worst. Im convinced that players in THunt is up there for the worst community for gaming out there right now.

Wow, for reals? Damn.

It's strange because I really like the community for the game on MP quite a bit on PS4. It's super relaxed.

Stat!

Wow, for reals? Damn.

It's strange because I really like the community for the game on MP quite a bit on PS4. It's super relaxed.

We have had vastly different experiences on ps4 then.

The GAF community is great. Love the GAF Community for R6 on Ps4.

But with randoms in THunt and Casual? I've been team killed too many times to count or the hostage killed. THunt was basically 50/50 if I was team killed it felt.

We have had vastly different experiences on ps4 then.

The GAF community is great. Love the GAF Community for R6 on Ps4.

But with randoms in THunt and Casual? I've been team killed too many times to count or the hostage killed. THunt was basically 50/50 if I was team killed it felt.

Oh, I don't play much Casuals outside of party. But my solo ranked experience has been quite nice. Usually get invited to a party of 4, all pretty chill, we play until we lose and then part ways.

Sucks though, terrible teammates are the worst, especially the ones that team kill over an operator.

It's cause I stopped playing league with you. Don't worry League of Siege is where it's at now bro.

Also watch SneakingElephant's gameplay. It'll make your mind spin(
possibly not in a good way
)

I try to come in from the ceiling usually. People don't always prepare for them and it's a great angle to be at when everyone is focused on the doors and walls your team is breaching. The smart players will see the ceiling breach and sneak up to the floor where the breach happened. Makes for a huge reversal on the attackers.

Speaking of Pulse... how do your team mates get feedback from his signal? I got a few kill assists when using him but I was wondering how that worked.

Pretty sure they don't. There may have been a point were they did though in Alpha or Beta idk. I think Pulse was nerfed at some point. Usually I mark with the dpad or mic, but I roam so specifics don't usually help anyway, that depends on the map of course.

Massa

Pretty sure they don't. There may have been a point were they did though in Alpha or Beta idk. I think Pulse was nerfed at some point. Usually I mark with the dpad or mic, but I roam so specifics don't usually help anyway, that depends on the map of course.

Ah, that was confusing then. Marking with the dpad should do it, thanks.

It's more useful when you aren't roaming too far and are in vicinity of teammates. Makes it easier to see where you are marking. My main problem is I love running with shotguns and since he's one of the fastest shotty classes equipped with C4 he tends to be my go-to along with smoke(cause he looks badass)

It's more useful when you aren't roaming too far and are in vicinity of teammates. Makes it easier to see where you are marking. My main problem is I love running with shotguns and since he's one of the fastest shotty classes equipped with C4 he tends to be my go-to along with smoke(cause he looks badass)

Yeah, on paper, I'd say Bandit is the better roamer, unless you move his batteries around as they attack, but man the M1014 is insane. You can't beat those moments where you flank and boom boom boom 3 dead.

Yeah, on paper, I'd say Bandit is the better roamer, unless you move his batteries around as they attack, but man the M1014 is insane. You can't beat those moments where you flank and boom boom boom 3 dead.

Yea his gun is dope. I didn't appreciate too much at first cause it looked so tiny and specs didn't seem like anything home to write about. Then I realized Smoke's tiny SMG was amazing so I gave bandit more of a second thought and realized his gun was actually pretty damn amazing. I'm just a huge fan of shotguns is all.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So how good is this game? Just picked up the Gold Edition for PS4 for $30 after Target's B1G1 deal this week.

I would rate it Ace+ out of 10, you will have a good time unless you dislike games of such high quality

Recruit with the M10 and a nitro can be pretty brutal too.

Edging close to 300 I'd imagine. I'm at 85 with 125 hours. No boosts. 2.6 k/d

Must be more like 300-400 I think.

I'm at 180 or something like that, rank 110, 3.0 kd, but I don't really play anymore. :s

Top Bottom