• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Platinum skin is out (via reddit):

nqNG5Pu.jpg

The Chef

Guys just picked this up and was hoping to play tonight but there is 3.5GB of updates.
Is there anyway I can download this stuff online anywhere for PS4? My work internet is blazing.

Gonna need some screens before I made a decision. I love the Gold skin, though.

Interesting vid on the new US operators. Most of it has been discussed here, FWIW.

He is pretty sure the man is an Attacker, BUT the audio files indicate he has a Nitro Cell, which is a first, right? It also sounds like his mini-shield can be deployed or "retracted".

Audio for the woman makes it sound pretty damned certain she has deployable cams.

Gonna need some screens before I made a decision. I love the Gold skin, though.

Interesting vid on the new US operators. Most of it has been discussed here, FWIW.

He is pretty sure the man is an Attacker, BUT the audio files indicate he has a Nitro Cell, which is a first, right? It also sounds like his mini-shield can be deployed or "retracted".

Audio for the woman makes it sound pretty damned certain she has deployable cams.

Probably just extra lines of dialogue in case things changed. Dude definitely sounds like an attacker.

I just dont understand what he would bring to the table. Would have loved motion sensors that tagged enemies instead, or at least eventually.

As it stands, Buck and this other guy dont sound like they'd add much, while the upcoming defender sounds meta-changing.

Vorheez

I haven't noticed it myself, but maybe you guys have, are the attackers possibly overpowered? Maybe Ubisoft has some numbers indicating that attackers win a large majority of the time and they want to balance it out by adding mediocre attackers and good defenders? Just an idea.

andycapps

Guys just picked this up and was hoping to play tonight but there is 3.5GB of updates.
Is there anyway I can download this stuff online anywhere for PS4? My work internet is blazing.
Not that I know of. I think you have to put it in your ps4 and then it'll start the downloading of updates. I suggest doing that as soon as you walk in and provided your internet is fast you could be ready to go pretty soon.

WHY CHRONO WHY

Street Fighter V

I'll still be on though, but not even many of my friends play anymore. Heck, look at this thread now, it's super slow. It's not even going to see an OT2. Not ever.

I haven't noticed it myself, but maybe you guys have, are the attackers possibly overpowered? Maybe Ubisoft has some numbers indicating that attackers win a large majority of the time and they want to balance it out by adding mediocre attackers and good defenders? Just an idea.

I said this at the start of the game, attackers have better odds in my opinion. That's why it always makes me cringe when people complain about defenders going outside etc... attackers have all the flexibility in the world, and people try and take what little the defenders have, away from them.

That's why there's side rotation, though. It doesn't matter if the odds are unfavourable, because overall, everyone plays the same sides.

In a sense, thatcher's emp grenades can render the majority of the defenders unquie equipment unless.

There is absolutely positively no reason to have team killing in Thunt.

Personally I haven't heard a good argument to leave in regular muti, but there's no reason it should ever be in coop.

There is absolutely positively no reason to have team killing in Thunt.

Personally I haven't heard a good argument to leave in regular muti, but there's no reason it should ever be in coop.

Balance, tension, funny moments, realism.

You shouldn't be able to stack up and shoot across each other without having to exercise caution, and friendly fire provides that, both in TH, and in MP.

Balance, tension, funny moments, realism.

You shouldn't be able to stack up and shoot across each other without having to exercise caution, and friendly fire provides that, both in TH, and in MP.

Yeah I've heard those before and I don't agree. Video games aren't real, this is a game where you can 1 slice knife kill, for example, and you have different situational awareness in real life. You would already have what you mentioned due to blocking teammates bullets. I don't blindly run into a teammates line of fire in Call of Duty, because he's shooting, regardless of him actually being able to kill me.

Also the only "tension" its given me is the tension of whether or not your random teammates are going to start shotgunning you for no reason.

Man, so many people leaving, getting disconnected, or trolling with team or hostage kills in ranked matches the last couple of days. It's putting a damper on the experience.

Oh, and I'll add in people voting to kick myself and others from ranked matches for no reason, and then having to wait 8 minutes for a ranked match, because of that.

The ranked update to make it so there are better balanced matches is sorely needed atm, it's rough seeing coppers and bronzes having go up against a team of golds and platinums and know they just have to suffer through or get a leavers penalty. However I hope people are willing to accept longer matchmaking times in return.

Probably just extra lines of dialogue in case things changed. Dude definitely sounds like an attacker.

I just dont understand what he would bring to the table. Would have loved motion sensors that tagged enemies instead, or at least eventually.

As it stands, Buck and this other guy dont sound like they'd add much, while the upcoming defender sounds meta-changing.

It would be nice if they gathered some metric on how much damage it absorbs/how many times it has "saved" you. That would be an easy way to understand its worth.

The ranked update to make it so there are better balanced matches is sorely needed atm, it's rough seeing coppers and bronzes having go up against a team of golds and platinums and know they just have to suffer through or get a leavers penalty. However I hope people are willing to accept longer matchmaking times in return.

It was deployed this morning:

We will be tweaking the Ranked Matchmaking in order to improve the experience for you. To do so, we have changed the relaxation parameters for ‘Skill Rank’ so that you are matched with players closer to your rank. This will be deployed during a maintenance on Wednesday February 24th:

The maintenance will take place on all platforms on February 24th from 4:00 AM EST to 4:30 AM EST.

The situation before this update: Relaxation is currently occurring too quickly, with big ‘Skill Rank’ relaxation increments, with no maximum differential between teams. This means that high skill teams could get matched up against much lesser skilled teams.

New situation after this update: Relaxation will occur quicker, but with smaller increments and with a maximum differential cap between teams. This means that you could see an increase in matchmaking queue times, but the match up will be better balanced and of better quality.

Thank you for your understanding. Please share your experience with us after this update to tell us if you feel it has improved.

*UPDATE - The maintenance is now completed. Thank you for your patience*

HiiiLife

Yeah I saw this twice yesterday, too. Specifically on Castle.

So weird with the whole patch this then something else breaks.

I hope this update today actually fixes the skill level matching because it's the worst getting stomped by a team of Diamonds when the rest of your team are bronzes.

Stat!

On offense thermite or thatcher
On defense rook, mute, or castle
Can't really go wrong with any of the above as long as you play your role.

No Castle. Never Castle. Rook is a must. But Castle is awful and actively hurts your team most of the time. I'm anti-castle all the way and unless you have a buddy being mute, its never useful

On offense thermite or thatcher
On defense rook, mute, or castle
Can't really go wrong with any of the above as long as you play your role.

No Castle. Never Castle. Rook is a must. But Castle is awful and actively hurts your team most of the time. I'm anti-castle all the way and unless you have a buddy being mute, its never useful

I've read that Frost is a good defender, but that Buck isn't a good attacker. So with that in mind, I should probably unlock either Thermite or Thatcher first, right? That way I've got a good option on each attacking and defense?

Vorheez

Besides the fact that Castle's shotgun is brutal.

Stat!

I've read that Frost is a good defender, but that Buck isn't a good attacker. So with that in mind, I should probably unlock either Thermite or Thatcher first, right? That way I've got a good option on each attacking and defense?

Frost is a good defender but she costs 25,000 so I would stick with people like Rook. Jagers are always useful on defense. Mutes as wel. But Rook is a must on defense. I like Buck but Frost is definitely more useful on defense than Buck is on offense.

Thatcher/Thermite are musts too. No team should ever go without either except maybe on bomb.

That being said, I'd just buy any that sound interesting. You'll find characters who guns you prefer. Sledge/Ash is a good beginner character too.

Besides the fact that Castle's shotgun is brutal.
This. I actually like Castle a lot in general, but his shotgun is beastly.

Frost is great too. I often will default to Rook if no one else takes him though, just to provide the body armor. Although I'll choose him plenty of times anyway when that's not the case. He's a good operator.

Drewfonse

This. I actually like Castle a lot in general, but his shotgun is beastly.

Frost is great too. I often will default to Rook if no one else takes him though, just to provide the body armor. Although I'll choose him plenty of times anyway when that's not the case. He's a good operator.

I always pick other operators, usually Kapkan, and wait until the timer to choose is down to 5 sec. If no one has picked Rook, I switch to him.

Man I love his game but the matchmaking takes forever. I also get a lot of connection issues. Haven't had so many games where it just freezes or has a connection error and boots me.

I always pick other operators, usually Kapkan, and wait until the timer to choose is down to 5 sec. If no one has picked Rook, I switch to him.
That's a good strategy. A lot of people pass on Rook, unfortunately. I'm not sure how big of a boost the body armor gives people though.

Drewfonse

That's a good strategy. A lot of people pass on Rook, unfortunately. I'm not sure how big of a boost the body armor gives people though.

I'm not sure. It certainly gives me a psychological boost, but not sure how tangible the effects are. My favorite is when someone else uses him, so I can Kapkan the shit out of people while wielding 3 star armor plus.

I'm not sure. It certainly gives me a psychological boost, but not sure how tangible the effects are. My favorite is when someone else uses him, so I can Kapkan the shit out of people while wielding 3 star armor plus.
Yup, I get that same psychological boost from it as well! I just wish I knew the stats of how much it really benefited you.

Top Bottom