• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Erban1

No Castle. Never Castle. Rook is a must. But Castle is awful and actively hurts your team most of the time. I'm anti-castle all the way and unless you have a buddy being mute, its never useful
Castle is only really awful in the hands of a trash player who doesn't understand the purpose of the barricades. Whenever I use him I tend to branch out further from the objective and cut off entrances, it's nice to be able to get the opposing team to waste resources just to approach the objective.

I like castle, but especially with you guys I tend to take mute instead to lock down the objective.

Could just be my connection I guess

At this point we've accepted the fact that the ps4 version is sometimes a buggy mess. It honestly might be the server. I've definitely had some strange network behavior since the last patch.

How many Xbox one people are on here? I asked a while back, but it would be awesome to have people to play with that communicate and don't shoot me for "stealing their kill."

No Love

Banned
I've read that Frost is a good defender, but that Buck isn't a good attacker. So with that in mind, I should probably unlock either Thermite or Thatcher first, right? That way I've got a good option on each attacking and defense?

Frost is a fantastic defender, but very expensive compared to the others.

Frost is by far one of the best defenders in the game. Her shotgun is absolutely monstrous and the bear traps are amazing ways to catch attackers off-guard. I've gotten so many kills and defensive advantages by bear-trapping high traffic areas where attackers are too focused on keeping their eyes open.... except when it comes to the ground. ;) Plus it's by far one of the best ways to keep attackers from jumping through windows.

Pretty sure it takes an extra bullet to put you down
I think that I'd heard that before.
Frost is by far one of the best defenders in the game. Her shotgun is absolutely monstrous and the bear traps are amazing ways to catch attackers off-guard. I've gotten so many kills and defensive advantages by bear-trapping high traffic areas where attackers are too focused on keeping their eyes open.... except when it comes to the ground. ;) Plus it's by far one of the best ways to keep attackers from jumping through windows.

I agree. I often put the welcome mats at off-angles near the tops of staircase and corners as well. It's pretty effective.

Grisby

Matchmaking errors all up in this on X1 tonight. Can't believe the game still has the problem where you choose a mode, it goes to match-make, and then dumps you back to the main menu.
PW4DmKj.jpg

Neat!
Neat little crossover.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I unlocked Thatcher, Thermite, Rook, and Kapkan to go along with the Buck and Frost I already had unlocked through the Season Pass.

Kinda crazy that the base 20 operators can be unlocked for the same total Renown as a single DLC operator, but I guess that's how they justify selling the Season Pass, while also allowing players to earn the new operators without spending additional money.

dcelw540

Anyone want to play? I need some buds as my real life friends have lately been ditching me and playing without me. Not trying to be all depressing just need new people to game with :)

Outfits (skins) are something I always wanted for Siege so I'm glad they're coming in some capacity.

I fully plan on spending all my money customizing Twitch.

They should copy TF2 as well. Allow us to rename guns and so on.

Outfits (skins) are something I always wanted for Siege so I'm glad they're coming in some capacity.

I fully plan on spending all my money customizing Twitch.

They should copy TF2 as well. Allow us to rename guns and so on.

Did I miss something? Are we getting customizable outfits in Siege?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been thinking about how they'd do it. It'll have to be for a single operator. And while I was hoping it'd be something Division-y like beanie, jacket, backpack... I'm leaning towards the idea it'll be a Division logo reskin deal. Like maybe Ash will have a Division logo on her cap or something dumb like that.

I've been thinking about how they'd do it. It'll have to be for a single operator. And while I was hoping it'd be something Division-y like beanie, jacket, backpack... I'm leaning towards the idea it'll be a Division logo reskin deal. Like maybe Ash will have a Division logo on her cap or something dumb like that.

I hope it eventually becomes more then that. But I'd be okay with having a base model that you can customize as opposed to a full skin (e.g. change goggles or hat).

I feel like its a pretty good avenue for UniSoft to explore.

Evolved1

Idk, tbh I'm kind of against it. I think instantly recognizable operators is important for the game.

I think operator skins might be a bad idea. Unless they were still very distinct and easy to immediately identify.

Idk, tbh I'm kind of against it. I think instantly recognizable operators is important for the game.

I think operator skins might be a bad idea. Unless they were still very distinct and easy to immediately identify.

You don't have to worry about it anymore since you NEVER play. :/

The video from the previous page says that if you play the Division, you get an exclusive outfit in Siege.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMUF7q-cF2E

At the 50 sec mark.

Oh wow, I didn't notice that. Interesting, thanks.

Like maybe Ash will have a Division logo on her cap or something dumb like that.

You're really doubling down on this Division cross-over, aren't you? :p

It could also just be a weapon skin. I know the video says outfit, but it could be a mix up.

If they are going in the player skin/outfit direction, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed, but feel like most operators have really recognizable designs and color schemes--I wouldn't want that messed up.

Evolved1

You don't have to worry about it anymore since you NEVER play. :/
I was waiting for the patch! And then Far Cry happened... wasn't expecting that. My background in evolutionary ecology, I'm geeking out pretty hard right now in 10,000 B.C. despite its execution not being very sciencey.

You're really doubling down on this Division cross-over, aren't you? :p

It could also just be a weapon skin. I know the video says outfit, but it could be a mix up.

If they are going in the player skin/outfit direction, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed, but feel like most operators have really recognizable designs and color schemes--I wouldn't want that messed up.

Well, yes I'm beginning my speculation by assuming the advertisement was genuine. lol.

Obviously if their intent changed since then, I'd be pissing into the wind.

I was waiting for the patch! And then Far Cry happened... wasn't expecting that. My background in evolutionary ecology, I'm geeking out pretty hard right now in 10,000 B.C. despite its execution not being very sciencey.

Haha, well, patches have come and gone but you still are lost in a million other games.

In about 12 matches I have only killed 6 people.
Thats lower than any MP game I have ever played in my life and despite that I am obsessed with it.

Its just so good.

Evolved1

The Siege outfit in the division suuuuuuucks.

They shouldn't even bother with an outfit in Rainbow if that's their level of effort. Siege art team should tell marketing to get fucked.

andycapps

For anyone that played with me last night, I'm sorry. Haven't played in a few days and it felt like the first time. I think I need to start doing warmup rounds before I join matches with other people from GAF.

For anyone that played with me last night, I'm sorry. Haven't played in a few days and it felt like the first time. I think I need to start doing warmup rounds before I join matches with other people from GAF.

i need to start doing warm up rounds for anything multiplayer at this point. even jumping right into casual last night i did terribly. atrocious even.

maybe we should do gaf warm ups too lol.

You were fine, dude. It was all bad last night. Me in particular.

We'll keep trying.

I'm trying to rank up and help Moneyman(and anyone else with us) rank up, too.

Hmm pretty meh. So Siege is gonna start having outfits in the game? (going by that announcement trailer)

Most outfits in The Division are pretty meh so far :-| Still, I like the "Rainbow" patch. I'll be rocking the shit out of it.

Btw it's only the undershirt... all else appears vanilla game.

I think.

I actually think this is multiple pieces of clothing. Note how the Rainbow 6: Siege Tactical Suit and the Broker Outfit have wider shots of the outfits, while the other clothing rewards, like jackets, are pushed in on the top. Seems like the Siege Suit and Broker Outfit have pants and shirt and/or jacket.

andycapps

You were fine, dude. It was all bad last night. Me in particular.

We'll keep trying.

I'm trying to rank up and help Moneyman(and anyone else with us) rank up, too.
I went without a kill in both games. That's pretty bad haha. My timing was completely off. Will be on Saturday morning again and playing for a few hours, if not tonight or tomorrow.

I went without a kill in both games. That's pretty bad haha. My timing was completely off. Will be on Saturday morning again and playing for a few hours, if not tonight or tomorrow.

Haha, no worries. You're always a very good player. Everyone is gonna have a bad round here and there. I only have bad rounds. :/

Erban1

In about 12 matches I have only killed 6 people.
Thats lower than any MP game I have ever played in my life and despite that I am obsessed with it.

Its just so good.
Have you been running solo or with a squad? It's even better with a full party.

Haha, no worries. You're always a very good player. Everyone is gonna have a bad round here and there. I only have bad rounds. :/

You...Stop lying lol.
We all had terrible rounds, we're ranking up tonight though. I can't go to bed ashamed of myself again.

Top Bottom