• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

In about 12 matches I have only killed 6 people.
Thats lower than any MP game I have ever played in my life and despite that I am obsessed with it.

Its just so good.

Right here too brother. I have a .9 k/d in this, and it's the only time in a shooter it isn't above or hovering at a 2.0. Yet I find my .9 amazing to me because often I am first or 2nd on my team due to spotting.

I'm all about the win though. Idgaf about anything else. This game makes me giddy when my team wins.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How do I get this?

Sorry if this end up being a back to back post, but you may think it's ugly as sin, but I think that's HOT FIRE!

I NEEEEED this.
It's not ugly, it's lame.

Siege has some of the baddest operators ever to be in a game, and their response is to stamp the logo on a generic shirt-sleeve. How about at least put the logo on a black vest? The first thing you see in siege when you boot up is the logo getting sewn onto a ballistic vest. That would at least be a nod to the game. They go with some olive drab shit and a logo on a shirt-sleeve.

It makes no sense.

lol... it's stupid and nothing to really give a shit about, but come on now.

edit: actually a vest logo would be obscured by the strap, nevertheless it was a punt.

Klyka

Banned
It's not ugly, it's lame.

Siege has some of the badest operators ever to be in a game, and their response is to stamp the logo on a generic shirt-sleeve. How about at least put the logo on a black vest? The first thing you see in siege when you boot up is the logo getting sewn onto a ballistic vest. That would at least be a nod to the game. They go with some olive drab shit and a logo on a shirt-sleeve.

It makes no sense.

lol... it's stupid and nothing to really give a shit about, but come on now.

edit: actually a vest logo would be obscured by the strap, nevertheless it was a punt.

I kinda think those are Jaeger's jeans as well.

Ha I feel the opposite, you're usually the best on the team. Hopefully I'll get a chance to redeem myself this weekend.

I'm telling you, you're always a great player and teammate. That stuff was a fluke.

You...Stop lying lol.
We all had terrible rounds, we're ranking up tonight though. I can't go to bed ashamed of myself again.

Ha, you're too kind.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I was so mad, lol.

Come on now, kiss and tell, what did you do? ;)
Haha I've been a good teammate! Just genuinely trying to be a team player. I'm running into lots of people who don't communicate, who team kill, who kill the hostage in hostage mode, who leave after one or two bad rounds, who get mad when I "steal their kill" if they've downed someone, and I finish them off. People who vote out me and others from a match for apparently no reason, which leads to an 8 minute ban. Personally I just like winning. I don't care if someone finishes off a person I've downed. It gets to be a bit frustrating.

Wha?!?!?!?!

Apparently he picked the wrong night cause NONE OF Y'ALL ARE ON

rs_500x232-140313100932-James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

andycapps

I think I need to stop playing ranked mode while solo. lol.
Ranked mode solo is super hit or miss. Can ruin your time with the game or you can get in a great lobby of people with mics working together and get a string of good games, or you can get in a team of teamkilling idiots and players that quit as soon as they get killed.

Ranked mode solo is super hit or miss. Can ruin your time with the game or you can get in a great lobby of people with mics working together and get a string of good games, or you can get in a team of teamkilling idiots and players that quit as soon as they get killed.
Precisely. I made a post a few posts back listing all the crap I've been seeing on that playlist the past few days. When everyone is communicating and working together, it's amazing.

El_Chino

Some of the weapon skins look pretty awesome, too bad you pay for them :(
Hey Andy, what system do you play on? Would be great to play with CFB-Gaf

Road to platinum (Diamond for me :D) thursday night or friday night? Alpine? Money? Anyone else whos atleast high end gold with good map knowledge and communication?

Klyka

Banned
How is this thread so dead? Of all the MP games available right now the one that warrants the most discussion is this.

I think by now,while we all still play it a lot, we kinda discussed everything there is XD apart from sharing sweet recordings of our virtual prowess.

We need some Ubisoft info again to get discussions rolling.

I think by now,while we all still play it a lot, we kinda discussed everything there is XD apart from sharing sweet recordings of our virtual prowess.

We need some Ubisoft info again to get discussions rolling.

Ah gotcha guess that makes sense. You are playing on PC right Klyka?

Erban1

Road to platinum (Diamond for me :D) thursday night or friday night? Alpine? Money? Anyone else whos atleast high end gold with good map knowledge and communication?
Yep, i'm down for tonight and i'll be on a bunch this weekend.

Bro I have no idea how to even do that. Ha where is the PS4 favorites group?

Whats your PSN? I'll get you added into the group.

Edit: Ranked has been a pain lately lol...We start off so well (usually 3-1) defending our best positions then we get overconfident and the rest of the match goes to shit. We've gotta stay consistent

What's your PSN? If you don't want to say here you can PM me and I'll add ya. Anyone can add you that's already in it.

Just sent. ADD ME!

There was also a pretty high profile FPS release this week (Far Cry).

I don't think the Siege community is going anywhere.

I hope not, game is amazing. I grew up playing CS and of course old school stuff like UT and Quake so all modern shooters I always have a 2+ KD. Always, even in crap like MAG and Socom where keeping a +2 for the objective can be hard as hell. This is the first MP game that I will literally go over an hour with maybe 1 kill. Its so humbling but I have never died unfairly so far and I just love that. I love that it goes all in on tactical play. If your not with a team that is communicating you are screwed and too many other tactical games are afraid of demanding that kind of coordination and so they make it just as feasible to be the lone wolf camper.

Stat!

Edit: Ranked has been a pain lately lol...We start off so well (usually 3-1) defending our best positions then we get overconfident and the rest of the match goes to shit. We've gotta stay consistent

Yeah, we're both down. We've been trying to level up and keep hitting roadblocks. I'm Platinum 2 and can't seem to get past it. :/

Count me in for some serious rank games. Would love to finally move past Gold 3 but just haven't played enough. Pretty damn close to platinum.

Yeah, there's not a lot to discuss really because I think the game is in pretty good shape right now. The main thing that stands out to me is Frost's shotgun being OP but it's not totally game breaking.

Do you guys have to wait pretty long on avg for the matchmaking? I had a session take 5 min before it connected.

X1, but most connect really fast. Occasionally, if there are four players and we need one more, those can take 3-5 mins to match. They're at least aware of it, though.

Erban1

Do you guys have to wait pretty long on avg for the matchmaking? I had a session take 5 min before it connected.

Never that long, what is your NAT type, what datacenter are you connected to and where are you?

Typically if matchmaking extends a minute or so beyond the estimated time we'll back out and matchmake again.

Been close for sure. It is usually longer than it should be. But as stated below, it shouldn't take that long.

X1, but most connect really fast. Occasionally, if there are four players and we need one more, those can take 3-5 mins to match. They're at least aware of it, though.

They've been aware of it since launch which is why it's ridiculous.

Typically if matchmaking extends a minute or so beyond the estimated time we'll back out and matchmake again.

Exactly.

The Chef

I just did something so horrifying this morning. Brace yourself:

Hostage rescue and its down to 2 vs 1. Im on CT and the other player on my team is on the floor below me. The time is running out so I decide to go out the window, to the bottom floor and enter through the main lobby (its the bank level).

I plant a demo pack on the main door and just as I am about to detonate I see the silhouette of my other teammate on the other side and I think for a split moment as I am pushing down R1 to blast the doors "Oh woah, he is really close to the door-" BAM!

I blast the door and not only did I kill my teammate but I also turned the hostage into dust.
We lost the match. I was so mortified I just had to quit.

I feel ill.

I just did something so horrifying this morning. Brace yourself:

Hostage rescue and its down to 2 vs 1. Im on CT and the other player on my team is on the floor below me. The time is running out so I decide to go out the window, to the bottom floor and enter through the main lobby (its the bank level).

I plant a demo pack on the main door and just as I am about to detonate I see the silhouette of my other teammate on the other side and I think for a split moment as I am pushing down R1 to blast the doors "Oh woah, he is really close to the door-" BAM!

I blast the door and not only did I kill my teammate but I also turned the hostage into dust.
We lost the match. I was so mortified I just had to quit.

I feel ill.

Haha, that's great.

Vorheez

I have wanted to ask for a while, but I kept forgetting... How many of you guys are actually able to make both images visible for the brightness setting? It's fucking impossible for me. Any tips?

Top Bottom