• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

No Love

Banned
Still play this almost every day. So damn good. Anyone that wants me to invite them to games with skilled players just PM me your PSN and i'll put you on my list and invite you.

Erban1

I have wanted to ask for a while, but I kept forgetting... How many of you guys are actually able to make both images visible for the brightness setting? It's fucking impossible for me. Any tips?

I'll have to remember to mess with this when I get home, I wonder if it'll help with visibility from windows.

We were talking last night about playing on maps during the day and how shitty visibility is from inside, we had a sniper on Hereford pick us apart in the basement from outside the locker room. He took enough steps away from the entrance that all we could see was the bright ass sunlight

Everytime I watch vids from PC players, I'm kinda shocked at how much easier it seems to be to look inside buildings from the outside and vice versa.

I feel like its borderline impossible to see inside unless YOU are inside, on Xbox One. I bumped up my brightness a bit to compensate, but I hate doing it too much because it washes color out.

Maybe I should do the calibration again.

The Chef

Everytime I watch vids from PC players, I'm kinda shocked at how much easier it seems to be to look inside buildings from the outside and vice versa.

I feel like its borderline impossible to see inside unless YOU are inside, on Xbox One. I bumped up my brightness a bit to compensate, but I hate doing it too much because it washes color out.

I feel the same way. I saw someone sniping on the wing of the plane once. When I tried it, the windows looked BLACK. Absolutely impossible to see anyone let alone snipe them.

Erban1

I think a lot of PC players disable bloom to get around the issue we're all having

Vorheez

I'll have to remember to mess with this when I get home, I wonder if it'll help with visibility from windows.
Cool, let me know.

I turned my brightness a little up so I could see better indoors but yeah it's super bright looking outside.

Are you guys able to see both images clearly though?

Did it help with visibility for looking into/out of Windows?

In the sense that you're not getting the light bouncing off the pavement and things it definitely helps. But I've noticed situations where regardless of the setting, looking into/out of a building will still be difficult on certain times of day(mainly noon). I don't have too much difficulty usually, but I am playing at 1440p, which can help quite a bit. For the most part, the setting feels balanced with bloom off, as in real life, under certain lighting conditions, I've experienced similar conditions.

This game is fucked on PS4. I've had this happen a few times now.

Played 1 round, then when it goes to loading screen it's on infinite loading screen.

You can hear sounds of people joining and leaving. Ce34878-0 error on PS4. Had to wait like 10+ minutes to get that, and stuck in that time, because if I quit I lose rank and wait 8 minutes.

It's extremely frustrating the game won't let you rejoin matches at least once or let you quit ONCE a day if you get stuck in this loop.

This game is a 9/10 and the only thing holding it back is these matchmaking and online issues.

Grisby

I just did something so horrifying this morning. Brace yourself:

Hostage rescue and its down to 2 vs 1. Im on CT and the other player on my team is on the floor below me. The time is running out so I decide to go out the window, to the bottom floor and enter through the main lobby (its the bank level).

I plant a demo pack on the main door and just as I am about to detonate I see the silhouette of my other teammate on the other side and I think for a split moment as I am pushing down R1 to blast the doors "Oh woah, he is really close to the door-" BAM!

I blast the door and not only did I kill my teammate but I also turned the hostage into dust.
We lost the match. I was so mortified I just had to quit.

I feel ill.
I sometimes toss flashbangs knowing that they'll bounce off the door and land in front of my teammates.

>>
<<

Rainbow Six Siege: The Gaf Confessions. I'd buy that with renown points.

I've been having this occur as well on Xbox One.

Animator

Just tried out the blops 3 free weekend on steam.

giphy.gif

atr0cious

Did they patch out the ability to put mats on reinforcement plates? Used to be my main trick, now or it won't even let me deploy till I'm way backed off.

Everdred

Once and a while the community can be so vile. I know it happens in every game but it's very noticeable in RSS because it only takes 3/5 votes to kick people.

I just joined a server with my friend and immediately 3 of them were being obnoxious. I try to coordinate during the match with a random and the 3 of them gang up on me in an attempt to make fun of me. My friend chimes in and they make fun of him too. Next round they team kill him for not choosing a shield and then they vote to kick him. We have some more verbal exchanges and they keep ragging on me until they eventually kick me.

I could have dropped to their level and said some horrible things but I refrain. It's just disappointing and immediately kills the mood.

thenexus6

This game has spoiled me, I got it first week of January and its all i've been playing really. Finding it hard to go back to Battlefield 4 now because of the smooth Siege controls.

Klyka

Banned
I showed a coworker videos of Siege yesterday and he couldn't believe he never heard of the game and immediately bought a key right on the spot.

The first footage i showed him was me using Buck's shotgun to blast a hole in a wall and then shoot the guy behind it.
He just looked at me going "are you fucking kidding me? How much is this game???"

The Siege Effect.

Drewfonse

I showed a coworker videos of Siege yesterday and he couldn't believe he never heard of the game and immediately bought a key right on the spot.

The first footage i showed him was me using Buck's shotgun to blast a hole in a wall and then shoot the guy behind it.
He just looked at me going "are you fucking kidding me? How much is this game???"

The Siege Effect.

None of my local friends will go near it. I tried to get them to watch videos, but none of them can be bothered, not even to watch the Gametrailers review. It pains me because I know that if they gave it a shot they would be floored.

The Chef

This game has spoiled me, I got it first week of January and its all i've been playing really. Finding it hard to go back to Battlefield 4 now because of the smooth Siege controls.

I just got it recently and I love it so much I cancelled my Division preorder so as to not feel like I have a limited time to play it before it comes out.

What has really amazed me is how more often than not people who have mics are really strategizing and helping the team out (with the exception of a few). This blew my mind. Just straight up working together. Awesome.

Detox

Unfortunately the press didn't 'understand' this game and thought it would be another evolve. They were sorely mistaken but a lot of ppl won't give the game any time because of it's reception from the press.

Ubi should make it free for a weekend on all platforms.

Animator

It isn't that bad but Zombies is definitely the best part of the game.

That's just mean, don't do that.

It was that bad. I honestly cannot think of a single positive thing to say about the experience. Maps were shit, weapons were shit, titanfall ripoff movement was shit since you can't really climb or jump over buildings. It blew my mind that people are still paying money for cod games.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Matchmaking is unusually flaky today for me on PC, especially in casual. Lots of errors, infinite loading screens, all kinds of nonsense. Usually it just works??

OG Kush

Got the game on PS4 today. Started the first of those Single player mission thingies... FPS didn't feel to smooth. Finished that and then jumped on to multiplayer. Lag was crazy, had to quit. Joined another game and got stuck at the loading screen... joined another game, lag was crazy again! And my ping was around 50 both times. Tuned my PS4 off after that.

Not a good first impression.

Anyway, whats the first things to do as a newbie? Finish those Single Player missions? Any secrets/tips to unlock more renown and stuff? Should I try and get all the stars?

M_A_C

Got the game on PS4 today. Started the first of those Single player mission thingies... FPS didn't feel to smooth. Finished that and then jumped on to multiplayer. Lag was crazy, had to quit. Joined another game and got stuck at the loading screen... joined another game, lag was crazy again! And my ping was around 50 both times. Tuned my PS4 off after that.

Anyway, whats the first things to do as a newbie? Finish those Single Player missions? Any secrets/tips to unlock more renown and stuff? Should I try and get all the stars?

turn off v-sync in the single player stuff. It'll be 60 fps, and feel much better, but you'll have screen tearing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
turn off v-sync in the single player stuff. It'll be 60 fps, and feel much better, but you'll have screen tearing.
It's 60 fps... sometimes. There is crazy stutter, and very bad tearing.

andycapps

Lag happens occasionally. It takes a while to get into. If you want to join the PS4 favorites message group, let me know your username. Lot of people usually on.

None of my local friends will go near it. I tried to get them to watch videos, but none of them can be bothered, not even to watch the Gametrailers review. It pains me because I know that if they gave it a shot they would be floored.

My friend wouldn't get it for 3 weeks straight of me begging him.

Just yesterday ( he bought it and has had it now for about a week and a half) he said... "I'm sorry I didn't believe you. This game is the best FPS I've played in 10+ years"

This game is fun, but christ there are issues and bugs galore. And I haven't won a single round of anything. This and Rocket League really fucking hate me.

LAM09

For the first time I saw a player removed for teamkilling by Ubi. When was this introduced?

Not before time

Grisby

So, the framerate changes when you're in SP/Terrorist Hunt or Multiplayer. It's 60 for Multi and 30 for the other two.

As for more renown? Well, unlock a few operatives and see which ones you like. There's no real tip to getting more other than winning games, boosters, and completing the daily challenges (which only three are available to you if you're not a season pass guy). Be wary, there's not a lot of, well, 'content' so to speak in the single player fashion, and the renown grind will become real if you're not a heavy/good player.

Hopefully it smooths out for you on the lag part because the game has some amazing and tense situations. Tactical situations, mind you.

etta

my hard graphic balls

The Siege Effect.
I'm praying that if this game blows up big, Ubisoft won't annualize it.
It will ruin it like ir did CoD.

Just chillin

G1tfKmsh.jpg
Hahahaha
This game is fun, but christ there are issues and bugs galore. And I haven't won a single round of anything. This and Rocket League really fucking hate me.
There are a lot of bugs in this game, as well as too many disconnections from matches. That and the dickey of a lot of teammates, and an unwillingness of them to work together, and people voting their teammates out of matches for no reason have really put a damper for me on what is otherwise a really good game.

OG Kush

So yeah, this game is really tense. Love that. But any sort of guide for newcomers? Its all a bit overwhelming. The maps I'm most talking about. I'm not new to FPS, love CS, TF2, Insurgency, Battlefields etc. But there are so many pathways, entrances in these maps I'm finding it hard. As a defender I have no idea where they're meant to attack from. Not even sure where to take my bloody drone at the beginning of some rounds!

Maybe its just I need to play more, but any videos or anything that give some good tips?

atr0cious

So yeah, this game is really tense. Love that. But any sort of guide for newcomers? Its all a bit overwhelming. The maps I'm most talking about. I'm not new to FPS, love CS, TF2, Insurgency, Battlefields etc. But there are so many pathways, entrances in these maps I'm finding it hard. As a defender I have no idea where they're meant to attack from. Not even sure where to take my bloody drone at the beginning of some rounds!

Maybe its just I need to play more, but any videos or anything that give some good tips?
The first thing you should do iswatch this video, as it majorly applies to seige, especially window peakers. Completely changed the way I play the game.

I was a bit overwhelmed at first too. If you keep playing, you'll start to get the hang of things I think. I think someone has a YouTube channel where they do in-depth walkthroughs of the maps, and videos on each operator as well.

The Chef

Ok this blooming effects that happens when looking out of doors and windows is such bullshit. You can't see anything looking outside, but anyone looking in can see everything. It's so terrible.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ok this blooming effects that happens when looking out of doors and windows is such bullshit. You can't see anything looking outside, but anyone looking in can see everything. It's so terrible.

It's a bit too much. I think it makes sense that people outside looking in can see better than those inside looking out, but yeah you can't see a goddamn thing out a window when it's broad daylight. To the point where even someone literally in front of the window is hard to spot. It could use some toning down.

Top Bottom