• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Klyka

Banned
It's a bit too much. I think it makes sense that people outside looking in can see better than those inside looking out, but yeah you can't see a goddamn thing out a window when it's broad daylight. To the point where even someone literally in front of the window is hard to spot. It could use some toning down.

It's a balance thing according to the devs.

Don't expect too many changes around it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
bahahahaha nah I bet it's some kind of lag related model glitch. He probably got stuck in a trap and a friendly got him out but for you he still looked like he was in a trap

It's not like you say.I didn't recorded the full clip but i know how it happens.That enemy was caught(and was the last enemy)in my trap in the big window in the left(not the tiny) and look in the video where he is.He moves to that position in like 50 seconds.

I never actually tried crawling with the trap on me. Maybe that works?
Or maybe a friendly tried to pick up him up and stopped and that allows him to shuffle again?

I don't know man, it's just funny XD

It's impossible to move when you are in a trap. But maybe with an exploit/glitch you can...and it was the last enemy when he gets caught in my trap so the possibility of a friend tried to revive him is impossible.

Funny is xddd

Klyka

Banned
It's not like you say.I didn't recorded the full clip but i know how it happens.That enemy was caught(and was the last enemy) in my trap in the big window in the left(not the tiny) and look in the video where he is.He moves to that position in like 50 seconds.

I never actually tried crawling with the trap on me. Maybe that works?
Or maybe a friendly tried to pick up him up and stopped and that allows him to shuffle again?

I don't know man, it's just funny XD

Filben

Is there something like a crit chance with Frost's trap? Just the other day one of my clan mates got instant one hit killed while walking into the trap. And he was at full health; round has just started and I was right behind him.

Klyka

Banned
Is there something like a crit chance with Frost's trap? Just the other day one of my clan mates got instant one hit killed while walking into the trap. And he was at full health; round has just started and I was right behind him.

If you rappel through a window into a trap,it's an instant kill

J_Viper

So this is on sale at Best Buy and I'm thinking of grabbing it due to the positive reception around these parts.

Thing is, I don't take MP games seriously at all. I'll always have a podcast or something in the background, and I never use a mic. In fact, I always immediately mute all players when given the option.

Is Siege for me, or should I stick to Black Ops and Rocket League?

NeoGiff

So this is on sale at Best Buy and I'm thinking of grabbing it due to the positive reception around these parts.

Thing is, I don't take MP games seriously at all. I'll always have a podcast or something in the background, and I never use a mic. In fact, I always immediately mute all players when given the option.

It's certainly possible to play without communicating - I do it often. However, the game has designed around working as a team and communicating with teammates, and it really shines when played as such. Also, immediately muting all players is a pretty bad idea in this game.

I suppose if it's on sale you might as well give it a go.

Edit: Oh wow, I somehow missed the podcast bit. You really need to devote your full attention to both the visuals and sound in this game, or you could end up being a detriment to your team.

Massa

Siege is an intense game that requires your full attention. You can do fine without a mic in non-ranked mode but sound is a fundamental part of this game.

Klyka

Banned

Game needs your full attention at all times and not communicating with your team can completely lose you a round you would have otherwise won.

I'd say skip it if you need to play games like you describe.

Beaulieu

It's not like you say.I didn't recorded the full clip but i know how it happens.That enemy was caught(and was the last enemy)in my trap in the big window in the left(not the tiny) and look in the video where he is.He moves to that position in like 50 seconds.

It's impossible to move when you are in a trap. But maybe with an exploit/glitch you can...and it was the last enemy when he gets caught in my trap so the possibility of a friend tried to revive him is impossible.

Funny is xddd

its weird because if that really was the last ennemy, the round would have ended as soon as he got in the trap or when the second to last ennemy died.
you cannot be "down but not out" as the last player of the team.

its weird because if that really was the last ennemy, the round would have ended as soon as he got in the trap or when the second to last ennemy died.
you cannot be "down but not out" as the last player of the team.

He can be dbno as last enemy if he's in the secure room. As for moving while down due to a frost trap, i doubt it's possible.

Siddiqui

In case anyone's interested there should be a "Go4R6 Cup" ESL tournament starting in about 15 minutes [3 PM eastern] today. This is for North America, PC. I watched a bit last week and there were some good high level matches without the nonsense people come across playing against random people. There's no official stream but many of the players stream themselves anyway. I watched FPSzed last week, he's probably the most popular streamer that's playing in the tournament at this level [plays for LiT which is ranked #1 right now.] Hopefully he'll stream again today.

Animator

In case anyone's interested there should be a "Go4R6 Cup" ESL tournament starting in about 15 minutes [3 PM eastern] today. This is for North America, PC. I watched a bit last week and there were some good high level matches without the nonsense people come across playing against random people. There's no official stream but many of the players stream themselves anyway. I watched FPSzed last week, he's probably the most popular streamer that's playing in the tournament at this level [plays for LiT which is ranked #1 right now.] Hopefully he'll stream again today.

How do you join this? I am guessing all games are custom matches with a spectator?

Siddiqui

How do you join this? I am guessing all games are custom matches with a spectator?

Didn't see any spectators last week. They use ESL Wire to check for cheats and such. They do use custom matches with a 3 minute time limit instead of 4. As for signing up, you sign up as a team I think but I don't know too much. There should be more info on their site.

I have major issues with at least one teammate leaving or getting disconnected mid-match. It's happened about every other match now and it puts a serious damper on holding a chance to win the match. Worst case was when we were winning, 2-0, but one of our teammates dropped and immediately lost all following rounds.

Matchmaking not playing very nice at all to refill the gap.

Klyka

Banned

I like to watch Jinji http://www.twitch.tv/jinjilive

He restreams streams and commentates them with his friend EzPz.
Once you can properly have 2 spectators in the game they will use that mode to cast matches properly live.
Guy knows a lot of the pro players so he has access to them and they both have good insight into the tactics of the high level plays

If I'm going for the TH trophies, I can solo that shit right?

yeah. im shooting for that platinum now so i really only have TH left. I usually just join a normal TH and just stomp right through it in a few minutes with other people instead of alone (cuz im a big baby who doesnt like doing it alone lol)

Apparently the next US Attacker has Ballistic shield mounts on his AR? makes sense If it takes away headshots while ADS..Already looking forward to the next wave, the thirst is real..

Swig_

Does this game match you with people of similar skill? I bought it and want to play, but having to learn all the classes seems kind of intimidating. I should probably just jump in, but I hate to ruin other peoples' games.

It'd be cool of they had a stat for how often rounds were won by completing the objective versus eliminating the enemy team. Sometimes the game just feels too death match-y.

manhack

It'd be cool of they had a stat for how often rounds were won by completing the objective versus eliminating the enemy team. Sometimes the game just feels too death match-y.

Wish I could find the quote, it may have been from a podcast interview, but I remember hearing the developers expected the main goal of the game, based on the premise, is to eliminate the enemy team and the objectives were ancillary to that. It also explains why there aren't a slew of online modes at this stage.

Not saying I wouldn't like more emphasis on PTFO, especially since you can steal wins from the other team when they aren't focused.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
is there anyway to access a map or overlay during play? It amazes me how poorly the game does a job of teaching you the map layouts. I know of playing a private game with no bots as a method (albeit weird and timed shortly) but is there anything else that can help? I've logged in 30+ hours and I still have a very poor idea of how the maps are structured.

OG Kush

is there anyway to access a map or overlay during play? It amazes me how poorly the game does a job of teaching you the map layouts. I know of playing a private game with no bots as a method (albeit weird and timed shortly) but is there anything else that can help? I've logged in 30+ hours and I still have a very poor idea of how the maps are structured.

Exactly how I'm feeling. I'm very new to the game and it should teach you a better way of learning these intricate maps. There really should be a map overlay button or something.

Klyka

Banned

make a custom game where you change the playtime to 10 minutes.

otherwise, you learn pretty quickly by just playing.

there is also this

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/whiteboard/landing.aspx

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well I'll give them credit, they created unique nomenclature for every room, hallway, space in every map. Keep an eye on the area names whilst piloting your drone during recon phase, and it will help you learn the maps. Same with cameras, they give you the location.

This also helps with call outs, with everyone knowing the location names.

Any good console streamers? Everyone I watch is PC but the game plays so much faster, it's not quite as useful if you're trying to watch someone for their habits.

Erban1

Anyone on console consistently running an acog and having luck with it? I hear it dampens the seeing outdoor problem, and I need something to augment my game a bit.

I feel the same way. I saw someone sniping on the wing of the plane once. When I tried it, the windows looked BLACK. Absolutely impossible to see anyone let alone snipe them.

I think a lot of PC players disable bloom to get around the issue we're all having

Are you guys able to see both images clearly though?

See, I actually DO like the HDR/bloom lighting and how it is an actual element of the game. It fits perfectly with Attackers/Intruders vs. Defenders--I like that the outer walls of the building become a kind of "dividing line" and it's mostly balanced, for both Attackers and Defenders.

Attackers can't see inside very well and Defenders can't see outside very well.

However, I was asking just because I noticed that the "problem" seems nonexistent on a lot of my YT channels--but it's likely because it's an effect you can turn off.

I appreciate that they made HDR a gameplay concern and not JUST a "we're going to throw this in our game because it's how eyes kinda work, without any consideration on how it affects the game". I really like that Glaz's scope is designed to equalize the lighting range difference.

Related to that--it seems to be based on balancing the overall "light" on the screen. Using an ACOG can actually mitigate the dynamic range difference, because you're filling the screen with the area you want to see, so your player's eyes eyes "normalize" better. Works for looking out and in.

dex3108

Rainbow Six Siege Patch 2.2

The translation of these patch notes will be coming shortly. Since the patch will be live soon, we have opted to share the information as soon as we could. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Take note that we will be releasing Patch 2.2 on March 1st for PC and on March 8th for consoles. Thank you for your understanding.

Patch 2.2’s main goal is to ensure a solid competitive experience before the start of the Rainbow Six Pro League. Its content is focused on elements such as cheating, exploits and spawn killing counter-measures as well as minor tweaks and bug fixes
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...AR2016-for-PC-8MAR2016-for-Console?p=11422488

Valkrai

I really like how Ubi is handling things considering that the Pro League starting, especially changing ranked and tweaking spawns.

Nice--I figured Feb would be a bug/exploit/network fix-up month. It's even more exciting that they're taking ESL seriously for Siege.

LEGS

EDIT: Clipping now fixed?

Weapons sometime appear through walls. – FIXED

I've gotten some cheeky kills from clipping.

Klyka

Banned
Those spawn changes are beautiful and the way they make the patch notes is fantastic.

Many devs would not have put together those pics to showcase the changes

Addition of a Report Button
We have added a Report Button feature in order to empower the community. This will allow players to flag suspicious behaviors. Those reports will feed directly to our cheating counter-measures to increase their effectiveness.

can we use this to report team killing cunts too

edit

14_Cafe_East%20Main%20Street.png

East Main Street
Removed this spawn entirely.

good. hated that one

Is the report button only for suspicious behaviour? Every so often I get stuck in the room with a ten year old shittalker that I would love to report.

Top Bottom