• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Love all the spawn changes. Never even been killed on spawn except for Plane, sometimes House, but it's good they're taking it seriously. We'll probably still get people leaving the plane though.

Is the report button only for suspicious behaviour? Every so often I get stuck in the room with a ten year old shittalker that I would love to report.

Yeah, I was thinking this too, but it SOUNDS like its just for cheaters.

Whatever happened to that Xbox One player quality/rank feature that was supposed to keep shitty (re:attitude, griefing) players with shitty players?

I haven't been able to listen, but leaked Brazilian operator audio is out:

From reddit:

BOPE confirmed. Map in the Favela. Seems like there's going to be another trapper defender, and what is suspected to be a ladder or grappling hook for the attacker. All the info I could gather.

Grappling hook is...curious. Seems very situational. Indoor rope climbing/access to upper floors?

EDIT: Oh man--being able to climb up blown trap doors could be a game changer, too.

Edemonster was primarily PS4 but he's doing PC and XBone as well now on Siege.

Thanks--subbed.

EDIT 2: I know nothing about these headphones, but Amazon has Siege "free" with HyperX Cloud II headphones for $70 total.

Vorheez

Ugh when are we gonna get an operator that has a rocket launcher or something, call him "blaster"

Or an operator that uses his fists, that would be cool too.

Fuck it, let's just have a dude that can fly, call him "plane"

I haven't been able to listen, but leaked Brazilian operator audio is out:

From reddit:

Grappling hook is...curious. Seems very situational. Indoor rope climbing/access to upper floors?

EDIT: Oh man--being able to climb up blown trap doors could be a game changer, too.

Thanks--subbed.

EDIT 2: I know nothing about these headphones, but Amazon has Siege "free" with HyperX Cloud II headphones for $70 total.
OMG OMG OMG PRIMETHIUS! I don't have my cellphone so I can't post my mind being blown on our chatgroup. But holy shit omg.

Ugh when are we gonna get an operator that has a rocket launcher or something, call him "blaster"

Or an operator that uses his fists, that would be cool too.

Fuck it, let's just have a dude that can fly, call him "plane"

I don't like you.... please leave this thread
Lol just kidding but if something like that got added I'm sure people would start leaving the game lol

Oooh indoor grapple could be nice. Currently there's no way to get the "drop" on someone from the bottom the way you can from the top. You have to go up the stairs and come at them on level. Maybe have it attach to the ceiling so you can breach charge trap doors through the bottom.

Erban1

Oooh indoor grapple could be nice. Currently there's no way to get the "drop" on someone from the bottom the way you can from the top. You have to go up the stairs and come at them on level. Maybe have it attach to the ceiling so you can breach charge trap doors through the bottom.

I'm excited to see the possibilities it opens up, I can already think of a few scenarios where it would be useful.

also Buck's marksman rifle is amazing, I finally got around to using it yesterday and fell instantly in love.

I'm excited to see the possibilities it opens up, I can already think of a few scenarios where it would be useful.

also Buck's marksman rifle is amazing, I finally got around to using it yesterday and fell instantly in love.

Having an indoor grappling hook for trap doors would mean that the operator has to be teamed up with Ash.. or an op with a grenade who knows how to throw it correctly.
You could go with an operator with a shotgun but why play with a shotgun as an Attacker?

This sounds like another operator that I'll buy just to have it, but never play with it. Looking at you Buck.

Having an indoor grappling hook for trap doors would mean that the operator has to be teamed up with Ash.. or an op with a grenade who knows how to throw it correctly.
You could go with an operator with a shotgun but why play with a shotgun as an Attacker?

This sounds like another operator that I'll buy just to have it, but never play with it. Looking at you Buck.

One of the American attackers is rumored to have Nitro.

That, Ash, 2-3 shotgun blasts, or maybe even the BOPE attacker will have Nitro, too.

Often, as a defender, I'll use trap doors to drop below and sneak up on/surprise the enemy. I'd think twice about that if there was an op who can pop in from below.

I think this Operator will be more easily "useful" than someone like Buck.

One of the American attackers is rumored to have Nitro.

That, Ash, 2-3 shotgun blasts, or maybe even the BOPE attacker will have Nitro, too.

Often, as a defender, I'll use trap doors to drop below and sneak up on/surprise the enemy. I'd think twice about that if there was an op who can pop in from below.

I think this Operator will be more easily "useful" than someone like Buck.

True for the nitro, but would you really use your only nitro (If you weren't the OP with the hook) to open up a ceiling hatch where only one player can go up? I'd rather use it to open up a certain wall that my teammates can use.
Is there any reason they decided to add nitro for attackers? Rather have 2 nades than 1 nitro..

True for the nitro, but would you really use your only nitro (If you weren't the OP with the hook) to open up a ceiling hatch where only one player can go up? I'd rather use it to open up a certain wall that my teammates can use.
Is there any reason they decided to add nitro for attackers? Rather have 2 nades than 1 nitro..

Well, it remains to be seen if the grappling hook/ladder can only be used by one Operator :D I bet it is something you set up for your team to use.

Not sure about Nitro--like I said, its a rumor based on sound files found for the new American attacker op.

Well, it remains to be seen if the grappling hook/ladder can only be used by one Operator :D I bet it is something you set up for your team to use.

Not sure about Nitro--like I said, its a rumor based on sound files found for the new American attacker op.

I'm down if it's a team ladder/hook. It'll be another death ladder for me just like in the library room on Chalet haha

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why the fuck does Montagne's shield make the framerate drop still?
It's been months holy shit.

Yeah I've grown to hate castles as I've played more. It punishes roamers pretty hard. And most castle players box everyone because they are fuckfaces.

What optics do you guys like, if any? I don't like the red dot sights very much, for all but the Russian variant of it. (I think that's what it is.)

Rocketz

What optics do you guys like, if any? I don't like the red dot sights very much, for all but the Russian variant of it. (I think that's what it is.)

I think all my guns have the reflex sight on them. I might switch some to the holographic just to see if I like it more or not.

Embearded

I just got the game for ps4! I've already joined the community but if anyone is looking for people to play with then feel free to add me.
I am an EU player.
PSN: StratosGK

I think i'll play the tutorials first and some terrorist hunt after in order to get familiar with the game mechanisms.
Any tips from the pros??

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've grown to hate castles as I've played more. It punishes roamers pretty hard. And most castle players box everyone because they are fuckfaces.

Stop Castle 2016. They're fucking stupid, the vast majority of them. I always tell them DONT BARRICADE THE ENTIRE OBJECTIVE ROOM and of course they fucking do, most times. For bonus Fuckface points, barricade doors between Bombs A and B.

Yup it's absurd how people board up everything. What's worse is when people board up holes that are made intentionally to cover separate rooms(especially when trying to prevent defusors. Just yesterday Primethius made a hole in the wall in a wall using C4 and then some random started C4-ing it. We promptly killed and booted the random and his friend. Not worth the time or headache. We won the round without those two anyways

edit: we hit 200 pages :')

I was just mad because a Castle wall blocked me from getting the drop on the guy securing the area in an overtime 1v1. I only had 7 health so I couldn't take down the castle wall without getting shot in the feet or right after I took down the wall so I had to go through the only other hole that he was watching.

andycapps

Yeah, Castle players that board up any door in sight right next to the objective are annoying. Also annoying is when a Rook player doesn't drop armor until after the drones are done and 15 seconds after offensive team spawns.

Yeah, Castle players that board up any door in sight right next to the objective are annoying. Also annoying is when a Rook player doesn't drop armor until after the drones are done and 15 seconds after offensive team spawns.

Lol yea, I usually teabag rapidly in front of them while tagging the floor until they put it down especially if I'm going to be roaming or trying to shoot out windows as enemies come from their spawns.

Massa

Speaking of Rook, does anyone know if you can actually block the little drone ducts with the armor bag?

When I play Rook I try to lay it immediately but not right next to the hostage, so people can lay traps and things there. And since that's so quick I just go the room above to reinforce the floor and also barricade doors that are further away from the objective.

Klyka

Banned
Speaking of Rook, does anyone know if you can actually block the little drone ducts with the armor bag?

When I play Rook I try to lay it immediately but not right next to the hostage, so people can lay traps and things there. And since that's so quick I just go the room above to reinforce the floor and also barricade doors that are further away from the objective.

you can block the ducts, yep.

OG Kush

Really starting to love the game. So goddamn tense! However, one critique is that I need to be fucking level 20 for ranked play! I'm level 7 atm and it's Gna take a while to get to level 20. They should've made it level 10 something. I get that they want people to learn how to play the game before they jump into ranked games but level 20 is stupidly high. I've put about 4 hours jn and I'm level 7. Don't they know people have jobs?

The Chef

Really starting to love the game. So goddamn tense! However, one critique is that I need to be fucking level 20 for ranked play! I'm level 7 atm and it's Gna take a while to get to level 20. They should've made it level 10 something. I get that they want people to learn how to play the game before they jump into ranked games but level 20 is stupidly high. I've put about 4 hours jn and I'm level 7. Don't they know people have jobs?

I see what your saying but honestly I think its great. Stay in casual for a while. Im level 25 and am just now feeling comfortable with the maps/classes/abilities.

No way, not with the current matchmaking system.

I already back out plenty when I get match made with level 20s for some damn reason. Don't need even lower levels taking a go at ranked.

So what are the chances funko does some pop operators from this game?
None?

No idea--how obscure do they usually get?

With this next patch (fingers crossed) and the foray into ESL, I'm feeling really good about Siege's legs. I see "Year One" on that roadmap pic and hope there is a Year 2. Lead-in to Siege 2?

So, with Siege getting into ESL and likely looking at some of the other games for inspiration, what other additions could be added to give Siege legs? Half the skins are already ridiculous--something like CSGO's store could be interesting.

I'd love a map designer/creator but doubt that would come until Siege 2, if ever. I could easily see a simply, modular map creator being made available in due time.

By the time you're level 20, honestly, you may still not know the maps very well. Rounds are long, the maps are varied, and there are a good number of them.

They treat Ranked like it's an actual ranked mode, where you'll care about your ranking and your team's. It helps no one to have an inexperienced, (relative) noob on the team, you know? You're likely to get kicked from a Ranked match/team if it's clear you don't know what you're doing.

What's the story with this thread being in Community?
I honestly feel like it stifles a lot of activity in this thread.

Think it's just how GAF operates? After X amount of time, OTs are moved to Community.

Erban1

Ranked is a whole different monster...playing with a full squad of gaffers we routinely win at least 80% of our games in casual. That's not at all the case in Ranked, the skill gap between the 2 is very pronounced and prior to level 20 (higher really) you likely don't possess the map knowledge needed to succeed.

Your biggest enemy in the game is time, there are so many layers to the game that it legit takes hours to wrap your head around all of the possibilities and potential strategies you can use or have used against you. I'm 80 hours in and still feel overwhelmed in ranked.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Level 20 for Ranked is too low. There's no major differences between Casual and Ranked anyway so what does it matter to you? It isn't some privilege to get to play Ranked. At best as a 20-30, you're not bringing the team down TOO much. At worst you're taking a lot of bad habits from Casual, like bad Castle barricades, and fucking your team.

I play more Casual than ranked because it's more relaxed, but it's a double-edged sword, because a lot of players in Casual are terrible, which is understandable, but I have to remind myself of that sometimes lest I get frustrated with them.

Top Bottom