• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Erban1

ACOG is for chumps. :p
I'll be that lol

For all guns? Both Attacking and Defending? I personnaly only put it on the Mac-11 cause it's OP. I also have one on the L85 for thatcher, I switch from Holo on AR33 to ACOG on L85 depending on the rounds. Used to have it on the Carbine for Jager but since I roam alot I didn't like it in CQC. Also have it on the Famas, can't go wrong with that one.

Only on offense really, I like taking advantage of longer sightlines with it, and even had luck with it in CQC battles last night as well. On D I find the holo with its 1x zoom is enough to lock down an objective room

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Idk, I just slapped an ACOG on everything, mostly out of laziness. Unless there's an option for Russian reflex, then I always prefer that.

Btw, just for the record (with the exception of that single nitro) Tachanka and Kapkan are the same operator. Hardly anyone gets kap-trap kills these days, yet I can usually get one or two every couple rounds with the turret.

Yet everyone is fine if you pick Kap, but scoff at choosing Tank.

Yeah, the nitro is great, but is it really that big of a factor to people? Kap-traps would get occasional kills in the early days, but now? I don't even find traps slow attackers down anymore. Looking for the pin is like second nature at this point.

Nitro is the primary difference. And you only get one.

Basically what I'm saying here is give Tank a chance!

Idk, I just slapped an ACOG on everything, mostly out of laziness. Unless there's an option for Russian reflex, then I always prefer that.

Btw, just for the record (with the exception of that single nitro) Tachanka and Kapkan are the same operator. Hardly anyone gets kap-trap kills these days, yet I can usually get one or two every couple rounds with the turret.

Yeah, the nitro is great, but is it really that big of a factor to people? Kap-traps would get occasional kills in the early days, but now? I don't even find traps slow attackers down anymore. Looking for the pin is like second nature at this point.

Still getting kills with Kap and nitro cell > turret.

Once Tachanka's position is known, it's really just a matter of time before he gets peeked and popped. Peeker's advantage.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
but even of all characters with nitros, Tachanka is bottom tier. Smoke + Mute are great, Bandit is great (moreso on some maps than others), Frost is godtier, Kapkan is still better than Tachanka, so... I'd still never pick Tank

Evolved1

Once Tachanka's position is known, it's really just a matter of time before he gets peeked and popped. Peeker's advantage.
Yeah, you have to either abandon of relocate the turret if you get a kill or get spotted.

I can understand on PC it being worse, but it's fine on console. In my experience. I get killed lots of ways, but rarely on the turret.

Klyka

Banned

the new kapkan thing is pairing him with Frost and putting his traps in doorways behind deployable shields in places where People can't shoot the bomb. It works damn well on some maps and allows you to trap 6 different spots in the map (3 kapkan and 3 frost)
it's quite cool.

Valkrai

Yeah, you have to either abandon of relocate the turret if you get a kill or get spotted.

I can understand on PC it being worse, but it's fine on console. In my experience. I get killed lots of ways, but rarely on the turret.

Yeah on PC, Tachanka is essentially junk-tier. His turret is pretty worthless especially considering how vulnerable you are on it and how accurate opponents are.

demolitio

I wonder how long it'll be until they try and balance Frost. You almost have to have someone play as her since the other team will use her on defense as well. I was struggling the other night until I switched to Frost with the Super 90 which I normally don't get to use since everyone else plays as her, and I aced the first round thanks to the nitro and shotty. After that, I've played as Frost twice but used the Sterling since it's a headshot machine that's overlooked due to the shotty being overpowered.

They have to kill the range on the shotgun at the very least. I don't mind the traps, but to have nitro and the best gun in the game on top of that is crazy. Pretty much anyone can kick ass with Frost.

In other news, I'm at least starting to like Buck again after getting used to the FAL. Nothing like making a murder hole as an attacker and surprising a defender holed up in a corner.

Also, I hope the new U.S. operator gets a SCAR as one of his options, but if we get another rifle from the AR-15 platform, I hope it's one that uses a different round like the 6.5mm or 6.8mm instead of another clone of existing weapons ingame.

I wonder how long it'll be until they try and balance Frost. You almost have to have someone play as her since the other team will use her on defense as well. I was struggling the other night until I switched to Frost with the Super 90 which I normally don't get to use since everyone else plays as her, and I aced the first round thanks to the nitro and shotty. After that, I've played as Frost twice but used the Sterling since it's a headshot machine that's overlooked due to the shotty being overpowered.

They have to kill the range on the shotgun at the very least. I don't mind the traps, but to have nitro and the best gun in the game on top of that is crazy. Pretty much anyone can kick ass with Frost.

In other news, I'm at least starting to like Buck again after getting used to the FAL. Nothing like making a murder hole as an attacker and surprising a defender holed up in a corner.

Also, I hope the new U.S. operator gets a SCAR as one of his options, but if we get another rifle from the AR-15 platform, I hope it's one that uses a different round like the 6.5mm or 6.8mm instead of another clone of existing weapons ingame.

I assume they'll reduce Frost's range and/or add a lot more spread. You can sometimes snipe with her shotgun, it's ridiculous.

SCAR is a great idea--it would make complete sense with the middle east theatre US Operators in the next pack. I'd be surprised to not see it.

OG Kush

Is there a way to customise your weapon loadout between rounds? As in add scopes, silencers etc? It seems If I want to change it I have to wait till the whole match is over and quit out.

Evolved1

I want them to make laser sights invisible to the other team.

I would like an angled iron sight option. (especially if they can't solve lean on console)

I think flash hider should only slightly dampen recoil, but remove flash and tracers.

I think Buck's underbarrel should have the same effect as a grip (it IS a grip, afterall).

Frost's Super 90 needs nerfing. All pump-actions need buffs.

Reinforced wall deployment should be a couple seconds faster.
Is there a way to customise your weapon loadout between rounds? As in add scopes, silencers etc? It seems If I want to change it I have to wait till the whole match is over and quit out.
Oh yeah, this too.

Erban1

Nerfing the super 90 would restore balance again IMO, its amazing how balanced the game is outside of Frost.

Whats wrong with lean on consoles?

Can't lean without ADS'ing, so there's no real way to peek corners without massively exposing yourself, on PC you can lean at anytime.

I want them to make laser sights invisible to the other team.

There really would be zero negative to using them if this was the case. Maybe the dot size could be reduced, but at least it's not like BF4 or The Division.

I think flash hider should only slightly dampen recoil, but remove flash and tracers.

I think removing tracers would make the suppressor too useless. Maybe lessen tracers, not as much as suppressors, but more than stock.

I read on reddit that the recoil charts in-game may not be accurate. Many of them have a negligible difference in recoil between flash hider vs compensator, and for a few weapons (I think), it actually looks like the flash hider does more to reduce recoil.

I think Buck's underbarrel should have the same effect as a grip (it IS a grip, afterall).

Yeah, this would be a nice little buff for an underappreciated attacker.

Frost's Super 90 needs nerfing. All pump-actions need buffs.

Reinforced wall deployment should be a couple seconds faster.

Yarp.

I'd like the ability to do this, but also worry about the potential time it would add to the selection phase. I'd appreciate the ability to save loadouts or have map-specific loadouts.

Evolved1

There really would be zero negative to using them if this was the case. Maybe the dot size could be reduced, but at least it's not like BF4 or The Division.

I hear you, but as is no one uses them. They're a liability. There should be some benefit. People spend a lot of renown on those only to have teammates ask "wtf dude why" afterward. They are garbage. I'd prefer no downside to no upside, especially considering they're the most expensive attachment!

Edit: then again i like that they discourage hipfire. So really Idk.

Erban1

I'd like the ability to do this, but also worry about the potential time it would add to the selection phase. I'd appreciate the ability to save loadouts or have map-specific loadouts.

If Ubi was smart they'd let us set preset loadouts for each operator and access those with the press of a button. It shouldn't be too hard to make happen, but I kind of wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of technical limitation behind it. It's a quality of living feature that should've been in the game on day 1.

Hopefully they'll get on that soon, it would certainly make staying in matchmaking for a long string of games way more feasible.

Massa

You don't realize how much you've been playing this game until you see a security camera in real life and your first instinct is to shoot it.

You don't realize how much you've been playing this game until you see a security camera in real life and your first instinct is to shoot it.

lol, my roomie texted me a shot of some security cams at a food place the other day and said he wanted to shoot them.

I'm really enjoying this game, I've only played Situations and Terrorist Hunt because I'm still a bit nervous about going up against other people, but its a lot of fun.

I also like how easy it is to earn renown, pleasantly surprised about that.

I'm really enjoying this game, I've only played Situations and Terrorist Hunt because I'm still a bit nervous about going up against other people, but its a lot of fun.

Once you go multiplayer, on a overtime round 1v1 where everyone is looking at you play.
That shit will be your drug.

thenexus6

Yeah played casually since I got it in January i've bought every operator including Frost, and upgraded every gun with ease.

It's been three months since this game has came out, and I'm STILL having issues joining mates in a team squad game! For 2016, how is this game still experiencing network issues??

I have opened up all my ports they've suggested and have tried to resolve these issues with Ubisoft's "suggestions". This is ridiculous. This is for the PC version of the game. I think the most upsetting thing about this is this game actually has potential. But nope, this game still hasn't been fixed.

</vent> Anyone else having issues similar to this?

It's been three months since this game has came out, and I'm STILL having issues joining mates in a team squad game! For 2016, how is this game still experiencing network issues??

I have opened up all my ports they've suggested and have tried to resolve these issues with Ubisoft's "suggestions". This is ridiculous. This is for the PC version of the game. I think the most upsetting thing about this is this game actually has potential. But nope, this game still hasn't been fixed.

</vent> Anyone else having issues similar to this?
I'm playing on PS4 and honestly any connection issues are pretty rare. We have a full squad though and I believe that helps.
The biggest problem is high ping players (150ms+) being borderline invincible. Ubisoft need to limit the ping to 100 or at the very least sort out the net code so it doesn't hand laggy players the huge advantage it seems to now

I'm playing on PS4 and honestly any connection issues are pretty rare. We have a full squad though and I believe that helps.
The biggest problem is high ping players (150ms+) being borderline invincible. Ubisoft need to limit the ping to 100 or at the very least sort out the net code so it doesn't hand laggy players the huge advantage it seems to now

It's not so much joining other players, but joining other friends via uPlay. My guess is the issue lies within uPlay.

It's not so much joining other players, but joining other friends via uPlay. My guess is the issue lies within uPlay.
It seems they are still trying to determine what is causing the error.
You have probably already seen it but...

Connection Problem / 2-0x00000067(8) [Reported]

Connection error. This is a squad join error. Can be seen when users are attempting a squad with a Strict NAT type. Please follow connection troubleshooting steps for your specific system here. Additionally, please submit a ticket to our customer support team with the following information:
Firewall config screenshot
Device network config
Adapter settings (PC)
ISP
Data Center
NAT Type
Username of player you are attempting to join a squad with and their previously mentioned information.

Edit. I've just noticed that you have started a thread in the official forum. I hope they sort it for those affected soon.

It seems they are still trying to determine what is causing the error.
You have probably already seen it but...

Connection Problem / 2-0x00000067(8) [Reported]

Connection error. This is a squad join error. Can be seen when users are attempting a squad with a Strict NAT type. Please follow connection troubleshooting steps for your specific system here. Additionally, please submit a ticket to our customer support team with the following information:
Firewall config screenshot
Device network config
Adapter settings (PC)
ISP
Data Center
NAT Type
Username of player you are attempting to join a squad with and their previously mentioned information.

Edit. I've just noticed that you have started a thread in the official forum. I hope they sort it for those affected soon.

Good eye and kudos to noticing me bringing it up on the official forum. Players have brought it up enough times on their forums and 3rd party sites, and I've reported the NAT issues previously to no avail. It's time they did something about it if they want me and my friends to keep playing.

I think the reason I'm so frustrated is that this is such a good game being hampered by the lack of support. I'm tired of telling my friends "Sorry, I can't join you in a game due to issues with the game itself". Even Star Wars resolved these issues. Perhaps it's a Canadian issue... I digress, enough is enough. Deal with it Ubisoft, or at least respond to us. I don't mean to sound so frustrated... I'm just so tired of these issues.

The Chef

The airplane level is really broken i think. Last few times I've played the level nearly the entire defending team rushes outside the plane and picks us off from well covered elevated positions. It's really not cool.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
tfw level 10 thermite blows his own ass up with his gadget in a Ranked fucking match

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Had the game for a few days now. Have about 5 operators unlocked and currently sitting at level 7. I can tell this has the potential to be a great game but I'm really having trouble getting the hang of things. Played a few games of Multiplayer and consistently died before I got the chance to do anything useful. Since then I've played some terrorist hunt (normal/hard) and I'm getting more used to the maps.

I find myself mindlessly putting up barriers or driving my drone around with out any real direction, then wandering around the map not sure what the best thing is to do. Any tips for a newbie?

Had the game for a few days now. Have about 5 operators unlocked and currently sitting at level 7. I can tell this has the potential to be a great game but I'm really having trouble getting the hang of things. Played a few games of Multiplayer and consistently died before I got the chance to do anything useful. Since then I've played some terrorist hunt (normal/hard) and I'm getting more used to the maps.

I find myself mindlessly putting up barriers or driving my drone around with out any real direction, then wandering around the map not sure what the best thing is to do. Any tips for a newbie?
I usually follow another player. They probably hate it but it helps me learn approaches and stuff

andycapps

Start watching Serenity's videos. That's a great place to start.

The airplane level is really broken i think. Last few times I've played the level nearly the entire defending team rushes outside the plane and picks us off from well covered elevated positions. It's really not cool.

I hear about this but it hasn't happened to me once. Does it happen often in Ranked? I usually play Casual.

EDIT: Reddit is reporting 2.2 is live on PS4. That usually means X1 is coming up in about an hour.

Good eye and kudos to noticing me bringing it up on the official forum. Players have brought it up enough times on their forums and 3rd party sites, and I've reported the NAT issues previously to no avail. It's time they did something about it if they want me and my friends to keep playing.

I think the reason I'm so frustrated is that this is such a good game being hampered by the lack of support. I'm tired of telling my friends "Sorry, I can't join you in a game due to issues with the game itself". Even Star Wars resolved these issues. Perhaps it's a Canadian issue... I digress, enough is enough. Deal with it Ubisoft, or at least respond to us. I don't mean to sound so frustrated... I'm just so tired of these issues.

A friend of mine had similar restrictions that he could not resolve and in the end I told him to try wireless. Sometimes the issue is specific to your router and the protocols associated with the communication type. Switching to wireless fixed his issues because it had something to do with how his router was forwarding information to the wired connection.

Just a suggestion.

Eventually the guy actually managed to fix it and get back on wired, but having two PS4s hooked up to one another, one wired, one wireless. Both of them log at 33-34ms to the nearest server, and neither of them disconnect or lag during matches. So it's not a big deal anyway, in my opinion.

It pisses me off so much that this game can be really great to experience at times, but... I'm noticing hit registry issues, rubber-banding, and general lag. It's frustrating as all hell to have no way to compensate for the issues. It's all up to Ubi to try and fix these things. I've pretty much rage-quit every time I've completely stopped playing due to lag and a lack of registered hits.

I actually like this game, but I'm near considering selling it due to these issues. Give me a good patch, Ubi.

I wish we had a LAN option. I know it's basically unseen in this age of gaming but it would be sick to have that feature for the groups of players who like runnings LAN games. There are less and less options these days outside of some PC titles

I wish we had a LAN option. I know it's basically unseen in this age of gaming but it would be sick to have that feature for the groups of players who like runnings LAN games. There are less and less options these days outside of some PC titles

It's stupid that we don't have a lan option. When I played this game at Eurogamer prior to the final release, the game had LOCAL as one of the menu options, and we all played the game using that option, in a LAN.

I know for PC games they avoid LAN because of virtual networks being used to play pirated games online, but I do not understand why it was removed from the console versions of the game. In Siege it's the inverse, which doesn't make sense to me, especially as it was there and they removed it.

Klyka

Banned

It's stupid that we don't have a lan option. When I played this game at Eurogamer prior to the final release, the game had LOCAL as one of the menu options, and we all played the game using that option, in a LAN.

I know for PC games they avoid LAN because of virtual networks being used to play pirated games online, but I do not understand why it was removed from the console versions of the game.

Not sure if you are joking, because the game HAS LAN support since day 1.

Not sure if you are joking, because the game HAS LAN support since day 1.

It does not on consoles as far as I know?

Not everyone plays on PC Klyka.

When Ubisoft demoed this game at press events they used consoles (XBOX ONEs specifically) and those demos were set up using a set of LAN options. However, in the full game, unless I am mistaken, those options are no where to be seen.

Klyka

Banned
It does not on consoles as far as I know?

Not everyone plays on PC Klyka.

When Ubisoft demoed this game at press events they used consoles (XBOX ONEs specifically) and those demos were set up using a set of LAN options. However, in the full game, unless I am mistaken, those options are no where to be seen.

fucking consoles, get your act together

how is anyone supposed to see through what each version has and doesn't have anymore :p

Top Bottom