• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I think you'll find differing opinions. I know Alpine as he says above swears by it, I go back and forth. I put silencers on a few guns (any defenders with smgs as secondaries get silencers) and sometimes I would love a silencer but for me, most of my guys don't use silencers. A good team basically knows where you are at anyways but its really situation-based as well.

Roamers like Jager/Kapkan are probably better than a stay at home guy like Tachanka/Rook/Smoke. Alpine's playing style is a lot different than mine too. He roams a lot more than I do.

I didn't know silencers were buffed. Given that its a one head shot kill, I may decide to add more silencers.

Yeah I have been roaming a lot more lately.
Thanks for the help you guys slowly but surely I am getting a bit better.
If any of you have time can you check this vid its from this weekend of some of my better plays and just tell me if there is anything glaring that sticks out about my play-style in a bad way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h6wHj-9MfM

Erban1

Yeah I have been roaming a lot more lately.
Thanks for the help you guys slowly but surely I am getting a bit better.
If any of you have time can you check this vid its from this weekend of some of my better plays and just tell me if there is anything glaring that sticks out about my play-style in a bad way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h6wHj-9MfM

You seem to have a good grasp at this point, biggest thing I could point out is how often you lean. There were a few instances where you probably would've won the gun fight or taken less damage had you leaned out of cover rather than stepped out and exposed your whole body (the bank vault & outside the master bedroom). If you've got an idea of where an enemy is, preaim behind cover, ADS, lean out and take the shot.

Few things on that round down in the basement of house: try to breach where you'll have an angle from cover, you left yourself exposed a few times. Don't forget you can shoot through walls either, you hugged tight against the wall to get the guy hiding in the corner, you could have step back and nailed him through the wall without taking any damage.

Beyond that, good clips, you're on your way man! Hopefully I manage to catch you online at some point, I'd definitely be down for a few rounds.

In other news, good God is the Super 90 OP as shit, the spread, range and recoil is downright unfair.

You seem to have a good grasp at this point, biggest thing I could point out is how often you lean. There were a few instances where you probably would've won the gun fight or taken less damage had you leaned out of cover rather than stepped out and exposed your whole body (the bank vault & outside the master bedroom). If you've got an idea of where an enemy is, preaim behind cover, ADS, lean out and take the shot.

Few things on that round down in the basement of house: try to breach where you'll have an angle from cover, you left yourself exposed a few times. Don't forget you can shoot through walls either, you hugged tight against the wall to get the guy hiding in the corner, you could have step back and nailed him through the wall without taking any damage.

Beyond that, good clips, you're on your way man! Hopefully I manage to catch you online at some point, I'd definitely be down for a few rounds.

In other news, good God is the Super 90 OP as shit, the spread, range and recoil is downright unfair.

That is so helpful bro thank you!

This game is so much fun! I'm garbage and usually come bottom every time in multiplayer. I fair better in terrorist hunt which I guess is normal. But even when I'm getting killed time and time again it's just so much fun!

El_Chino

Bays posted this on discord. Division skin!

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vaFpBWXRVWi5qcGcifQ.oNZjzvOUFdsC3c6WDm9eveWO5dU.jpg
How can you get this?!

Why do we still not have a better ban system in this game?

So sick and tired of teamkillers

Not on my team either. It ruins the entire match to play against opponents who have 3 players on their team

I wouldn't mind a "if you teamkill within X seconds of round start" rule where it penalizes them in some other way...but I feel teamkillers would just wait to do it. Maybe a certain # of teamkills in a span of time, or a punish/forgive system.

MattDoza

Why do we still not have a better ban system in this game?

So sick and tired of teamkillers

Not on my team either. It ruins the entire match to play against opponents who have 3 players on their team

I know it sucks, but you can't really police people's moods.

I don't understand why reverse damage (shooting teammates does damage to yourself, in case that isn't clear) hasn't been implemented. At least, for casual play.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That first one was pretty slick and the second one was just hilarious. I never even try for a knife unless I'm coming up behind someone.
Yeah, I'm dumb. Knife on R3 sucks because once you commit to the swipe(s) you cannot turn anymore. And swipes are a bit laggy.

PC players are laughing.

Vorheez

So uhhh, siege players gotta take a backseat while division launches? They just straight up turn off our servers? Fuck you ubidicks

So uhhh, siege players gotta take a backseat while division launches? They just straight up turn off our servers? Fuck you ubidicks

Damn, that's cold blooded Ubi.

I don't understand why reverse damage (shooting teammates does damage to yourself, in case that isn't clear) hasn't been implemented. At least, for casual play.

Completely agree with you. Reflexive damage in the first 45 seconds should be there.

How long until new operators?

I have saved up 25K. Not sure to get Frost now, or save it up for the next batch.

Frost is basically a req on defense for me now. The Super 90 is super OP currently, and her traps were already really good.

I'm sure her weapon will get a nerf soon, but I say spend it now and unlock her--she's always good to defend with.

Next "must have" Op will probably be the US defender with deployable cameras. If they're sticking to their initial schedule, I would think this would come in April, but since the Jan DLC was delayed to early Feb, maybe that skewed everything else?

Of course I can't connect after buying credits, you are trying my patience Ubisoft.

I've got quite a lot of income I would be glad to spend on Siege, but I've decided against it. Ubi, or just Siege devs in particular, doesn't deserve shit with how they're handling post-launch.

I've got quite a lot of income I would be glad to spend on Siege, but I've decided against it. Ubi, or just Siege devs in particular, doesn't deserve shit with how they're handling post-launch.

Hyperbole has never helped an argument.

Overall, they've been great post-launch. Lots of communication, almost weekly patches, a serious push into esports.

Frost is basically a req on defense for me now. The Super 90 is super OP currently, and her traps were already really good.

I'm sure her weapon will get a nerf soon, but I say spend it now and unlock her--she's always good to defend with.

Next "must have" Op will probably be the US defender with deployable cameras. If they're sticking to their initial schedule, I would think this would come in April, but since the Jan DLC was delayed to early Feb, maybe that skewed everything else?

Good call. I have a buddy who plays here all the time so I like to not take his character.

However, his trap placement is god awful...maybe a slight nudge into other characters will benefit him. xD

diamount

Banned

Well, I'm going to disagree with you there. Post-launch is some of the best I've seen in a game like this, a Ubisoft title nonetheless. They just need to nail down these connection/lag compensation issues. It's why I supported the game after the initial purchase, I want it to get those updates because the shooter landscape is so dire at the moment, I couldn't imagine another FPS I'd rather play online.

So the game isn't working at the moment? I've gotten quite addicted to this other the last few days, this game is so much fun. Far better than playing Cod and the likes.

Hyperbole has never helped an argument.

Overall, they've been great post-launch. Lots of communication, almost weekly patches, a serious push into esports.

Their communication means jack shit, when there are still bugs since the first beta. Their weekly patches are just a bunch of meaningless words and numbers. They fixed a few things, but other things they "fixed" are still just as bugged. Drones are still falling through maps, players IPs are still being broadcasted. And their esports is a joke, considering the state of the game. My team is playing ESL, and nothing more frustrating than losing to a bug.

No hyperbole, just start to play high level ranked and come back saying how great ubi post-launch support is.

I couldn't imagine another FPS I'd rather play online.

Hey, I'm with you on this one, but I'm skipping second day in a row, because I'm sick and tired losing games due to hit-detection, cheaters, and server crashes.

Good call. I have a buddy who plays here all the time so I like to not take his character.

However, his trap placement is god awful...maybe a slight nudge into other characters will benefit him. xD

There are some fairly obvious places to put traps (like under a trap door, around the hostage, or under a window), places you should never put them (in front of any door you think will be breached, because it will just destroy the trap), and then the sneakier places you can place them:

-Behind a deployed shield that Attackers have to vault over
-Place the mat behind a door, barricade the door, then tear it down. Debris covers the mat! I usually like to put the door back up, but punch a hole or two in it, so they'll be less inclined to breach it. Only good for certain locations
-In typical approach routes--by this, I mean in areas where the attacker will be focused on covering himself/trying to find a good angle and won't pay attention. Dark corners outside of the objective, behind desks or other cover that is typically used, etc. Chalet (I think) has that greenery inside in several corners outside the kitchen objective--the mat is basically invisible when placed in those.

Stat!

Apparently, on reddit, it was revealed for the pro-league that they have the wrong teams qualifying since they're counting the wrong tournaments for their ESL/proleagues.

I cant believe how much I love this game despite its problems.

Their communication means jack shit, when there are still bugs since the first beta. Their weekly patches are just a bunch of meaningless words and numbers. They fixed a few things, but other things they "fixed" are still just as bugged. Drones are still falling through maps, players IPs are still being broadcasted. And their esports is a joke, considering the state of the game. My team is playing ESL, and nothing more frustrating than losing to a bug.

No hyperbole, just start to play high level ranked and come back saying how great ubi post-launch support is.

Sounds like the PC version is in pretty shitty shape.

Apparently, on reddit, it was revealed for the pro-league that they have the wrong teams qualifying since they're counting the wrong tournaments for their ESL/proleagues.

I cant believe how much I love this game despite its problems.

Pfft, no need for hyperbole.

It's flawless and the post-launch support has been stellar. The developers have literally perfected the art of perfecting perfection.

Pfft, no need for hyperbole.

It's flawless and the post-launch support has been stellar. The developers have literally perfected the art of perfecting perfection.

No one is saying that, but acting like playing Siege is like playing MCC is ridiculous and gets old. It makes me wonder if many posters here have experienced a game that is *actually* broken and unplayable.

We had the exact same damned discussion a few pages ago.

No one is saying that, but acting like playing Siege is like playing MCC is ridiculous and gets old. It makes me wonder if many posters here have experienced a game that is *actually* broken and unplayable.

We had the exact same damned discussion a few pages ago.

I know. I understand, I do, however, it also gets tiring seeing people defend this game and the "support" it has received post-launch as if there are zero problems.

They still advertise skins on PS4 that you can't even use.

Yes, it's playable. Yes, it's busted. They're not mutually exclusive.

Top Bottom