• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I've seen it happen a good number of times in Ranked matches, on Xbox One.

That's probably why. For better or worse, Casual is probably ignorant of this tactic.

I wouldn't even do it, honestly. It's a way to win, potentially very easily, but what's the fun in having Not-Defenders pick off Attackers as they come up to the plane?

I can understand why it's used in Ranked often.

That's probably why. For better or worse, Casual is probably ignorant of this tactic.

I wouldn't even do it, honestly. It's a way to win, potentially very easily, but what's the fun in having Not-Defenders pick off Attackers as they come up to the plane?

I can understand why it's used in Ranked often.

Getting a quick kill on Thermite will change the whole round. No need for bandit or mute on reinforced walls, no trap doors. To be honest as the attacker you should look at the windows and doors when heading towards the building. Besides plane, it's fucked up.

It's stupid that we don't have a lan option. When I played this game at Eurogamer prior to the final release, the game had LOCAL as one of the menu options, and we all played the game using that option, in a LAN.

I know for PC games they avoid LAN because of virtual networks being used to play pirated games online, but I do not understand why it was removed from the console versions of the game. In Siege it's the inverse, which doesn't make sense to me, especially as it was there and they removed it.

Ah that's a bummer. I remember trying Halo MCC at a comic event way before release and noticing that they had to connect to internet to play together and wondered why. They had to reboot all the consoles after every match as well which was hilariously bad. It's a bigger bummer that R6S removed it because if it had it in the first place it would have been amazing to have for the final game.

The only downside would be we would realize how the game is supposed to act online and would always hold the Online networking code up against LAN gameplay. In the end though it would have been spectacular having it for ESL

Werd

My Cloud II/Siege combo pack arrived. Working my way through the situation training, dying more than I expected for a tutorial (on hard but still), but definitely liking the mechanics as far as I can tell from bots.

Anyway, I don't really want to go watching hours of Youtube videos but does anyone have a recommendation for a particularly helpful guide/tips video to get a jumpstart?

My Cloud II/Siege combo pack arrived. Working my way through the situation training, dying more than I expected for a tutorial (on hard but still), but definitely liking the mechanics as far as I can tell from bots.

Anyway, I don't really want to go watching hours of Youtube videos but does anyone have a recommendation for a particularly helpful guide/tips video to get a jumpstart?

Check out Serenity17 on YT. He's a pro PC player, so some of his stuff is higher level, but his "tips" videos are fantastic.

finally got a rank. Bronze IV. dunno what it means though lol

PVP_Ranks.png

Here's the different ranks, the higher the number the better.

Here is the percentage they were aiming for:

15% Copper
25% Bronze
35% Silver
20% Gold
5% Platinum
0.2% Diamond
Total= 100.2%

Werd

So I did all the situations and now I've been in a casual search for over 9 minutes. Leaving and restarting put me in the same lobby. Not a great first impression for the 'ol Ubi servers.
And thanks for the Serenity17 reference, watched his tips video and several guides.

edit: UPlay. Finally got in a game now, scus.

Klyka

Banned
So I did all the situations and now I've been in a casual search for over 9 minutes. Leaving and restarting put me in the same lobby. Not a great first impression for the 'ol Ubi servers.

And thanks for the Serenity17 reference, watched his tips video and several guides.

platform? what's your NAT? Which server you connected to?
Check in the top right options menu, it'll tell you.

frontovik

Banned
I've got the game on PC, does anyone want to keep in touch via uPlay (US West Coast)? Currently working on Situations and plan to jump into multiplayer eventually.

Good games Mike! We should try and enlist your help more often to carry us through these casuals. However tough that may be for you with Sneaking/Barrel on the team.

Smash88

Banned
I don't know why I bought this game sometimes. It's so frustrating. It's hard to see anyone (dressed in black in a hard lit room, good luck seeing them), you can get killed randomly, near spawn from nowhere and you don't have any sort of indication. Frustrating experience so far.

No Love

Banned
I don't know why I bought this game sometimes. It's so frustrating. It's hard to see anyone (dressed in black in a hard lit room, good luck seeing them), you can get killed randomly, near spawn from nowhere and you don't have any sort of indication. Frustrating experience so far.

Are you on PS4? I can help you if so.

Lordy I am so bad at this game like so damn bad. Me and my brother played this morning and looked like such buffoons. Somehow I find I am bad at aiming at people which is a problem I have never had in any FPS in my life. I miss people all the time. It could just be because of nerves though. The game is so tense.

Erban1

It takes some time, but with some map knowledge you'll start to be able to predict where people are going to be if they're defending. This game is pretty much all about the angles, the more holes you punch in a defense the more exposed an enemy is. Most people will either react and try to establish a firing lane wherever you've compromised their setup, or hide in a blind spot and wait for you to expose yourself. Additionally make sure you utilize your second drone, its crucial to have intel as you approach the objective. As far as being killed near the spawn, make a habit of checking windows as you approach so you don't get caught off guard. PLAY WITH HEADPHONES, audio cues give you a lot of information on both offense and defense.

If you're on PS4, join the gaf community, and don't give up. There's a pretty steep but rewarding learning curve to overcome, its tough but definitely worth the time.

LAM09

Matchmaking errors on PS4 are starting to annoy me. Hard to play with the same team two matches in a row without some error ending the match.

I haven't played Ranked since I got Platinum. I don't want to lose it. I should join some GAFers again. I see the messages but I never want to get up and get my headset lol.

nahlakhai

Love this game but not sure how sold I am on the commentary and the viewing. This is the first game I'm watching between Flam3rs and Epsilon and the spectator is missing like every single engagement.

Love this game but not sure how sold I am on the commentary and the viewing. This is the first game I'm watching between Flam3rs and Epsilon and the spectator is missing like every single engagement.

They're doing more analysis on general strategy rather than one-on-one engagements. I like it.

Analysis wise yes it was ok. But they would switch the camera to somewhere else mid sentence or during a 1v1.. Like if they weren't the ones controlling the spectator

Drewfonse

You'll get better and better. I know that sounds trite, but it applies moreso to this game than any other game in recent memory, for me. As you become more familiar with the maps you will automatically improve. Finding Operators who fit your play style is really crucial, too.

On a side note, I'm at rank 76, and every time I start to think that my interest in waning, I have a session that makes me say "this game is so freaking fun" aloud. It is a remarkable game, held back only by the occasional team killer or disconnect.

That was incredible.
Thank you so much man.

I wish some of these videos were made by guys on console. You can move so much quicker on PC.

I know this doesn't really matter but anyone know what gun he is using?

Which part of the video? He's using the F2 on Twitch, I know that.

Also, your on PSN right? We should play together. What's your ID?

Mines: AlmostCptFaker

I'm not too bad and could certainly help you out with load out stuff at the least.

Top Bottom