• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I have only had time to play early before I go to work - 5am EST so I haven't bothered cause I figure what awesome group of guys in their right mind would be up that early.

No Love

Banned
I have only had time to play early before I go to work - 5am EST so I haven't bothered cause I figure what awesome group of guys in their right mind would be up that early.

I sometimes stay up til 2-3 AM PST playing on nights where I don't have a shitload of stuff to do the next day. PM me your PSN ID and I'll add you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I thought uc4 beta might occupy my weekend but I'm surprised how much I dislike it. It's basically a microcosm of every mp mechanic/trend I find gross.

So yeah, hopefully some of you guys on Rainbow this weekend. The game that's the opposite of UC4 (not hating btw, I have UC4 bought already and expect it to be fucking incredible, just its mp isn't my thing, put your knives away!).

I thought uc4 beta might occupy my weekend but I'm surprised how much I dislike it. It's basically a microcosm of every mp mechanic/trend I find gross.

So yeah, hopefully some of you guys on Rainbow this weekend. The game that's the opposite of UC4 (not hating btw, I have UC4 bought already and expect it to be fucking incredible, just its mp isn't my thing, put your knives away!).

Well I don't know if its fair. I always played the UC games as more arcadey MP.
R6 is one of the tightest MP games since CS.

LISPmL0.jpg

Amber skin coming 3/8. Ruby skin is being used by one of the ESL teams right now.

Evolved1

You can't use R6 credits to buy those skins. This dev is so half-assed at times. You buy their stupid currency and then it's not even a payment option for their added content.

demolitio

You can't use R6 credits to buy those skins. This dev is so half-assed at times. You buy their stupid currency and then it's not even a payment option for their added content.

Not half-assed, just smart business strategy even though I don't like it. My friend bought a shitload of R6 credits for individual skins (especially since season pass only gives you 600 which isn't even enough for one of the top skins) but then he saw these universal skins come out and he had to have one as well. So he bought the cobalt skins just to have the platinum come out which he liked more, so he bought them despite me telling him that they were just going to keep coming out with better ones to milk the people buying them. In the end, he'll spend more on skins than the actual game without actually thinking about it and that's what the devs are counting on. I still have my season pass credits hoping a skin will go on sale at some point.

It's basically a F2P strategy that I disagree with, but it is making them more money and that's all they care about. As long as people think they're worth it, there's no problem. Just not my cup of tea.

I said from the beginning that I'm going to hold strong until they come out with some matte black or modern camo skins which I imagine will be coming out eventually once they go through all the other colors. I wish they'd release a tan skin that only goes on the heat-guards and grips of weapons like some AR's have.

In other news, I can't wait until they nerf the Super 90 so I can take Frost more often just to use the Sterling. It's so overlooked right now due to the shotgun being so damn good, but it's a headshot machine.

Evolved1

Not half-assed, just smart business strategy even though I don't like it. My friend bought a shitload of R6 credits for individual skins (especially since season pass only gives you 600 which isn't even enough for one of the top skins) but then he saw these universal skins come out and he had to have one as well. So he bought the cobalt skins just to have the platinum come out which he liked more, so he bought them despite me telling him that they were just going to keep coming out with better ones to milk the people buying them. In the end, he'll spend more on skins than the actual game without actually thinking about it and that's what the devs are counting on. I still have my season pass credits hoping a skin will go on sale at some point.

It's basically a F2P strategy that I disagree with, but it is making them more money and that's all they care about. As long as people think they're worth it, there's no problem. Just not my cup of tea.

I said from the beginning that I'm going to hold strong until they come out with some matte black or modern camo skins which I imagine will be coming out eventually once they go through all the other colors. I wish they'd release a tan skin that only goes on the heat-guards and grips of weapons like some AR's have.

In other news, I can't wait until they nerf the Super 90 so I can take Frost more often just to use the Sterling. It's so overlooked right now due to the shotgun being so damn good, but it's a headshot machine.
You misunderstand my point. R6 "currency" is not the renown you earn in game. It's a currency conversion. In this case, I pay you actual money, and in return you give me back monopoly money. With the understanding that monopoly money can be used to buy in-game cosmetics or boosters. Now setting aside whether or not agreeing to these terms makes me a sucker, there is the issue of these terms being subverted by the publisher not allowing their monopoly money to purchase their in-game items. That is fucked up.

In the case of videogames, and specifically this example, it's probably just a half-assed oversight. It's kind of silly, really.

But in principle, for example if you substituted videogames for something more meaningful, then I could imagine the practice might even be against some laws. It's predatory in nature. Before you laugh, understand that I'm not asserting that is true in this case, of Rainbow credits (I've already said it was silly), but I will go on record to say Ubi is showing poor form here. And it does not inspire confidence in their "games as services" economy.

So imo a gross oversight really. But they should be called on it, because this is the direction Ubi and other publishers are going.

Smash88

Banned
Are you on PS4? I can help you if so.

I'm on PC, but thank you for the offer.

It takes some time, but with some map knowledge you'll start to be able to predict where people are going to be if they're defending. This game is pretty much all about the angles, the more holes you punch in a defense the more exposed an enemy is. Most people will either react and try to establish a firing lane wherever you've compromised their setup, or hide in a blind spot and wait for you to expose yourself. Additionally make sure you utilize your second drone, its crucial to have intel as you approach the objective. As far as being killed near the spawn, make a habit of checking windows as you approach so you don't get caught off guard. PLAY WITH HEADPHONES, audio cues give you a lot of information on both offense and defense.

If you're on PS4, join the gaf community, and don't give up. There's a pretty steep but rewarding learning curve to overcome, its tough but definitely worth the time.

On PC. Got headphones. Yeah I was on some map where there is construction around and a house in the middle, with a bar IIRC, was trying to get to the house and from the 2nd story in some random angle I was instantly dead. It was frustrating to say the least. It's hard to even react as well since one or two bullets and you are done.

You'll get better and better. I know that sounds trite, but it applies moreso to this game than any other game in recent memory, for me. As you become more familiar with the maps you will automatically improve. Finding Operators who fit your play style is really crucial, too.

Yeah I'll keep pushing through hoping I will find some enjoyment. Right now it's a real tough time, but I'll give it a chance and hope it isn't like this all the time.

demolitio

You misunderstand my point. R6 "currency" is not the renown you earn in game. It's a currency conversion. In this case, I pay you actual money, and in return you give me back monopoly money. With the understanding that monopoly money can be used to buy in-game cosmetics or boosters. Now setting aside whether or not agreeing to these terms makes me a sucker, there is the issue of these terms being subverted by the publisher not allowing their monopoly money to purchase their in-game items. That is fucked up.

In the case of videogames, and specifically this example, it's probably just a half-assed oversight. It's kind of silly, really.

But in principle, for example if you substituted videogames for something more meaningful, then I could imagine the practice might even be against some laws. It's predatory in nature. Before you laugh, understand that I'm not asserting that is true in this case, of Rainbow credits (I've already said it was silly), but I will go on record to say Ubi is showing poor form here. And it does not inspire confidence in their "games as services" economy.

So imo a gross oversight really. But they should be called on it, because this is the direction Ubi and other publishers are going.

I didn't misunderstand, hence the talk of getting 600 free credits from the season pass. I'm saying that's their plan to make you spend more. Buy currency just to find the universal skins only use real money? People will submit like many already have. Not an oversight at all since you still spend those credits on individual unique skins instead of the universal ones.

Like I said, not half-assed, just shitty business practice. Exactly why they don't even give you enough R6 credits to get the good skins that DO use the credits either like the Famas shark skin which is 720 R6 credits with no option for Renown. Wasn't calling anyone you a sucker at all, but saying the system is set up for people like my friend who will always want the newest skins so he had to invest in both R6 credits and then the universal skins that only use real money with no R6 conversion. I was simply agreeing that it's pretty shitty but disagreeing that it's half-assed since they're just doing what a F2P game does with numerous currencies and skins that are trickling in and surpassing the old ones. I plan on getting one when they come with the type I like, but I know people that are buying each of the universal skins because they like the new ones more, basically exactly as Ubisoft planned.

No misunderstanding at all as the rest of that post illustrated that point...You can buy plenty with that money, but now they're doing universal skins that use real money too as a way to make even more money off of people just like a F2P game does.

R6 credits - Boosters and high tier skins
Renown - Operators and lower tier skins
Real money - The universal skins that work on every gun.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Today's one of those days I just want to submerge the entire Siege community in a volcano. Go to casual - play with assholes. Go to ranked - play with assholes. Just edgelord 4chan-style trolling. Fuck offffff.

demolitio

Today's one of those days I just want to submerge the entire Siege community in a volcano. Go to casual - play with assholes. Go to ranked - play with assholes. Just edgelord 4chan-style trolling. Fuck offffff.

I've had bad luck recently as well. If I go solo, I'm avoiding ranked period from now on since it'll only end in heartbreak or anger...or an 8 minute ban from re-queuing...lol

I stopped playing in the afternoon and only play at night now where it isn't so bad besides the usual trashtalkers that are at the bottom of the scoreboard because they're too busy typing.

Any tips on the fastest way to 2500 terro hunt kills?

Learn where they spawn on defend hostage, go out of the map, and kill them.

Use C4, refill ammo, repeat.

I get like 20 kills a game while the rest of my team has like 5.

Play defend hostage only, because there is another trophy associated with playing that crap 100 times

Vorheez

currently have 1000 kills at the moment.
Haha same, we should team up and do it together. 1 person isn't quite enough, and 3 people is too much because of the kill dispersion

Learn where they spawn on defend hostage, go out of the map, and kill them.

Use C4, refill ammo, repeat.

I get like 20 kills a game while the rest of my team has like 5.

Play defend hostage only, because there is another trophy associated with playing that crap 100 times
Yeah, I've been doing that, and I only have a few more defends to do but 1500 more kills. It's tough finding a consistent method. I guess it's ultimately just patience though.

Damn, four matchmaking errors in a row on x1--never happened to me before. Wonder what's going on.

"Servers at full capacity" error :-/

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one. Dammit! Really wanted to marathon today.

Evolved1

Man, got pretty sauced last night. Hopefully wasn't too obnoxious near the end there. Very fun games though. lol

Werd

So is the Ash challenge I have never going to change if I don't buy her and clear it?
edit: Thanks, yeah when hovering over it there was something to click.

Vorheez

So is the Ash challenge I have never going to change if I don't buy her and clear it?
You can remove the challenge, cant remember how exactly, but I think you press the touchpad (ps4) at the main menu and you'll have the option to remove it and make room for another. There will be a waiting period of 24-48 hours for the next one to pop up though.

Question..if I place a mute jammer directly below a ceiling breach, will it work?

edit: Okay, just tried this without luck on a pretty low ceiling. Hopefully a future operator has some sort of (combatable) defense against ceiling breaches.

Rocketz

Question..if I place a mute jammer directly below a ceiling breach, will it work?

edit: Okay, just tried this without luck on a pretty low ceiling. Hopefully a future operator has some sort of (combatable) defense against ceiling breaches.

Only thing you can really do is just fortify the trap door so the only person that can open it is Termite. Though if its a wood floor and the objective is below you that doesn't matter as much since they can breach charge the floor and still fire at you from above or fuze can use his gadget on the floor.

Better off setting a frost trap under these as the debris from the falling breach will cover some of the trap and unless they are really paying attention, it will catch them off guard.

moai

Only thing you can really do is just fortify the trap door so the only person that can open it is Termite. Though if its a wood floor and the objective is below you that doesn't matter as much since they can breach charge the floor and still fire at you from above or fuze can use his gadget on the floor.

Better off setting a frost trap under these as the debris from the falling breach will cover some of the trap and unless they are really paying attention, it will catch them off guard.
Thats a good tip.

I love it personally. It's on nearly every weapon I have.

I don't feel much loss in overall stopping power.

Yeah I have it on every weapon as well and haven't noticed a difference in DMG output. It is so fantastic if you get the drop on two guys as well they almost never notice their bro is dead at their feet till its to late.

Yeah I have it on every weapon as well and haven't noticed a difference in DMG output. It is so fantastic if you get the drop on two guys as well they almost never notice their bro is dead at their feet till its to late.

Exactly.

I love creeping up on two people and shooting one dead and the other dude having no clue. Of course, some of that is due to people not being very attentive.

Stat!

How do you guys feel about the silencer?

I think you'll find differing opinions. I know Alpine as he says above swears by it, I go back and forth. I put silencers on a few guns (any defenders with smgs as secondaries get silencers) and sometimes I would love a silencer but for me, most of my guys don't use silencers. A good team basically knows where you are at anyways but its really situation-based as well.

Roamers like Jager/Kapkan are probably better than a stay at home guy like Tachanka/Rook/Smoke. Alpine's playing style is a lot different than mine too. He roams a lot more than I do.

I didn't know silencers were buffed. Given that its a one head shot kill, I may decide to add more silencers.

Top Bottom