• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

andycapps

Pfft, no need for hyperbole.

It's flawless and the post-launch support has been stellar. The developers have literally perfected the art of perfecting perfection.

Nailed it.

Oh, it is. I was honestly thinking of switching to PS4.
I think every platform has it's issues. The main one I can think of on PS4 seems to be getting everyone into the game lobby. Most of the time it works, but sometimes one person (Stat) can't join and we all restart our game to be safe and we end up joining in different people until it works. Guessing it's an NAT issue.

I know there are more issues than that but that's probably the most frustrating one for me. Still love the game.

I think every platform has it's issues. The main one I can think of on PS4 seems to be getting everyone into the game lobby. Most of the time it works, but sometimes one person (Stat) can't join and we all restart our game to be safe and we end up joining in different people until it works. Guessing it's an NAT issue.

I know there are more issues than that but that's probably the most frustrating one for me. Still love the game.

Yeah. The crazy thing is that this wasn't an issue prior to the latest patch.

Stat!

Nailed it.

Oh my god. Its all cause Im Canadian. Is this what it is? Unbelievable. Its 2016 PEOPLE.

No one is saying that, but acting like playing Siege is like playing MCC is ridiculous and gets old. It makes me wonder if many posters here have experienced a game that is *actually* broken and unplayable.

We had the exact same damned discussion a few pages ago.
Games have different level of brokenness. Mid-Feb patch with kapkan glitches, t body, and hit registration not working was broken.

Nailed it.

Yeah me and my brother have that issue constantly. So frustrating

Looks like his character on Division

that's my Division character with the outfit you get for owning Siege

Sigh... anything Siege related gets me excited. I went on a road trip with friends(one who regularly Sieges with me). We kept on commenting on environments we were seeing throughout the trip that would make for nice Siege maps. I don't think I've had these feelings for any videogame other than Tetris.

Also I realized I forgot to cancel my division pre-order. At least I'll get a skin before selling off the game I guess.

OG Kush

I might be coming around to ACOG scopes. I've been using them the past few days and starting to like them more.

Same here. First didn't think to use them. But after watching youtube players, learning about how much headshots matter, I've started using them more.

I felt like I was a little sluggish so I set it up to 7/7 and just was looking up at the sky and then at my feet, couldn't control it at all lol. At the moment I'm in 5/5 seems better for me. Just wondering if that was around average for most people or not.

Erban1

I might be coming around to ACOG scopes. I've been using them the past few days and starting to like them more.

iSKFtpF2HzneE.gif

I love ACOGs on offense, they don't fit everyone's play style but they work well for me. I like to approach slowly and take advantage of any long sight lines i can create, with a bit of patience enemies typically get antsy and expose themselves. It's easy pickings from there.

I was initially just using the red dot sight as it was cheap and chirpy at 150. Though after being the victim of some long sighted acog shooting I decided to try it. Now I wouldn't want to use anything else.

dreamfall

Can anyone tell me why I'm always the last person to load in on PC? I've got my rig hard wired, and sometimes I load in quickly but of late I've been the last every single time - sometimes waiting five seconds or so. It's not installed on an SSD, so maybe that's it? I have the game on PS4 with no issue/loads quickly but on my PC where I play most of everything, we're always waiting on me :/

Klyka

Banned
Can anyone tell me why I'm always the last person to load in on PC? I've got my rig hard wired, and sometimes I load in quickly but of late I've been the last every single time - sometimes waiting five seconds or so. It's not installed on an SSD, so maybe that's it? I have the game on PS4 with no issue/loads quickly but on my PC where I play most of everything, we're always waiting on me :/

not on an SSD is the factor

Detox

My game doesn't load if I'm alt tabbed out of the game.

andycapps

I love ACOGs on offense, they don't fit everyone's play style but they work well for me. I like to approach slowly and take advantage of any long sight lines i can create, with a bit of patience enemies typically get antsy and expose themselves. It's easy pickings from there.
That's been my strategy as well lately. Is working well so far.

Stat!

That's been my strategy as well lately. Is working well so far.

Yeah I always use ACOGs if I have a choice. Gives me great sightlines. The only magnification scope I don't use is the one on Kapkan's gun.

OG Kush

Not really sure if I'm a big fan of the damage model. To me, I feel if you're going to have a one headshot death, then the rest of the damage model should reflect that. How can you have a 1 headshot instakill and then have it be like 8 bullets to the chest and surrounding areas for a kill? (or whatever the number is).

It just feels so inconsistent. They really should copy the other tactical leaning shooters. I love Insurgency and while I'm not saying to go that extreme, but something along the lines of CS GO damage model I believe would be great. Either way, its probably too big of a change that it'll never happen.

Stat!

Not really sure if I'm a big fan of the damage model. To me, I feel if you're going to have a one headshot death, then the rest of the damage model should reflect that. How can you have a 1 headshot instakill and then have it be like 8 bullets to the chest and surrounding areas for a kill? (or whatever the number is).

It just feels so inconsistent. They really should copy the other tactical leaning shooters. I love Insurgency and while I'm not saying to go that extreme, but something along the lines of CS GO damage model I believe would be great. Either way, its probably too big of a change that it'll never happen.

One of the things Im really thinking of with regards to the damage model are suppressors. if its a one hit kill, you might as always have a suppressor. I wasn't really for or against suppressors before but now I feel like you might as well have it

The OHK headshots are fairly controversial, or at least pretty divisive. Both Serenity17 and LevelCap have put out videos offering some critiques.

I'd personally be fine if they eased up on it a bit. I'd like:
-Higher caliber rifles/assault rifles are always OHK
-Low caliber SMGs/pistols are OHK within ~25M then have damage drop off
-Shotgun flechets are not OHK (I'm not sure how this works, currently, but heard that they are)
-Penetration impacts headshot damage
-BONUS: Might be interesting if the Operators wearing metal helmets had additional headshot protection

One of the things Im really thinking of with regards to the damage model are suppressors. if its a one hit kill, you might as always have a suppressor. I wasn't really for or against suppressors before but now I feel like you might as well have it

I think they're more viable on PC, where lining up headshots is easier.

The OHK headshots are fairly controversial, or at least pretty divisive. Both Serenity17 and LevelCap have put out videos arguing against them.

I'd personally be fine if they eased up on it a bit. I'd like:
-Higher caliber rifles/assault rifles are always OHK
-Low caliber SMGs/pistols are OHK within ~25M then have damage drop off
-Shotgun flechets are not OHK (I'm not sure how this works, currently, but heard that they are)
-Penetration impacts headshot damage
-BONUS: Might be interesting if the Operators wearing metal helmets had additional headshot protection

I think they're more viable on PC, where lining up headshots is easier.
To be fair, Serenity didn't appear to take a stance. He said at first he liked it, then he hated it, and now he isn't sure where he stands. Timestamp here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXN95pYYqOc&feature=youtu.be&t=296

To be fair, Serenity didn't appear to take a stance. He said at first he liked it, then he hated it, and now he isn't sure where he stands. Timestamp here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXN95pYYqOc&feature=youtu.be&t=296

Yeah, but all of his "for" points mostly boil down to "it's realistic" and "it's a franchise thing". All of his "against" points actually have good gameplay/design reasons for removing them, especially the whole "peeker's advantage" thing.

You're right, though, he does end up being more neutral. I'll edit.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I dunno what the hell is going on but these past few days the PC version feels like it lost a tonne of players. Keep meeting the same people and when I leave matches and search for another, it keeps putting me back in the same one. Casual matchmaking seems to take much longer and ranked even longer.

I dunno what the hell is going on but these past few days the PC version feels like it lost a tonne of players. Keep meeting the same people and when I leave matches and search for another, it keeps putting me back in the same one. Casual matchmaking seems to take much longer and ranked even longer.

The Division probably has a lot of overlap with the playerbase.

The Division has definitely taken a chunk for now. Ran into the same names for a few hours straight the other night despite re queuing.

For Acogs I like them on Offense due to attackers generally having better long range weapons so its advantageous for them to force long range fights as much as possible. Smart defenders will negate this though and refuse to peek you, making you move in close where the acog is more clumsy. I'm starting to think that if I know I am going super close that I might just be better off pulling out my pistol.

On defenders I think anyone who can take an acog should if they can hold a long angle. A team should have at least a few that can get some long range headshots where attackers don't expect it.

OG Kush

Add another dumb thing.. you can't even change your bloody loadout between matches without exiting the whole matchmaking thing. I would even prefer if you could change your loadout in the 30 secs or whatever between rounds but if you can't do that at least let us do in between full matches! Such a basic thing.

Add another dumb thing.. you can't even change your bloody loadout between matches without exiting the whole matchmaking thing. I would even prefer if you could change your loadout in the 30 secs or whatever between rounds but if you can't do that at least let us do in between full matches! Such a basic thing.

Oh man I so agree with this.
They should handle it like COD.

Erban1

Been playing the division the last couple days, but I think it'll be a Siege night...hope to catch some ps4 people on tonight.

Vorheez

To be fair, Serenity didn't appear to take a stance. He said at first he liked it, then he hated it, and now he isn't sure where he stands.
After watching the video, he is most certainly against headshots. The only reason serenity didn't take a definitive stance was so that the comments section wasn't a shitstorm. Smart move, really.

maxmars

Have played tons of terrorist hunt missions so far (ps4), would like to step up to multiplayer. I'm in the CET time zone, does anyone need a rookie team mate?

Lord I had a horrible morning. Couldn't seem to get anything going.
Got shot through vents, blew myself up, got team killed it was just an absolute cluster.

Had a long day capped off by complete incompetence when I went to dinner with my parents...by the time I got home I was in a shitty mood. I would've been no good for the team.

Tonight though...I'm all in

Haha, okie dokie.

I might be in tonight. Tomorrow morning and afternoon I'll definitely be on.

Same.

I'll be on for a bit tonight as well.

You're a GAF member now!

Top Bottom