• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

The games improved for me once i got to around silver rank. I'm on xbox too, feel free to drop me an add if you need more people to play with.
I had silver/gold rank, and then after losing a few matches after the patch, it dropped me into copper. :(

It's taken so many wins just to get back to Copper 3! I don't know what the issue is. What's your gamertag? Randoms are my biggest problem. Team killers, people trying to vote me out for no reason, people not working together. It can be maddening.

The team killing thing makes no sense to me at all.
There has to be an age threshold for something that dumb as hell. With a game that can take 2-5 minutes to be actually playing who has the abundance of time necessary to find that entertaining.

Valkrai

[PC][Global] Scheduled Maintenance 16MAR2016 @ 10:00AM EST

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, March 16th. Online services for the PC client will be unavailable between 10:00AM - 11:00AM EST.

We will be applying a small hotfix during this time. The details of which can be found below.

IP Protection
As previously mentioned in update 2.2, we have been working on IP protection in order to help protect our players’ information. During the upcoming maintenance, we will be implementing a fix that will prevent players from being able to access IP information of the opposing team’s players. While we believe this fix will be deployed without any issues, as a precaution we have added a switch that will revert the game back to its pre-patch state if an issue occurs. This precautionary switch will boot players from the game for a short period of time if activated. We will make sure to communicate this prior to the short downtime if we do decide to activate the switch.

PC Crash Fix
After the latest UplayPC update, some PC players were experiencing in game crashes more frequently than usual. We have identified the cause of this issue and our team will be deploying a fix during the upcoming maintenance.

Thank you for your patience!

Neat, they're implementing the IP protection fix finally.

Valkrai

So uh Ron Paul posted something and the image looks a bit recognizable...

JPMAfeF.jpg

Shields are my kryptonite. Can't kill a dude without C4, can't use one without dying immediately.

Also, I'm fucking terrible lately.

Edit: I had to double-check I wasn't in PoliGAF. WTF Ron Paul

Shields are my kryptonite. Can't kill a dude without C4, can't use one without dying immediately.

Also, I'm fucking terrible lately.

Edit: I had to double-check I wasn't in PoliGAF. WTF Ron Paul

Before the instant ADS fix shields were insane, I would just see one and run the other direction. So now even though they are powerful I still feel like I have a good chance against them even without C4. Just aim at the head spot and wait for them to get greedy with an ADS and headshot them. You can also bait it out by hitting limbs for chip damage.

thenexus6

Guys, I can't play other FPS games after playing this for three months. Battlefield 4 felt alien to me after putting over 180 hours into it since PS4 launch.

Right / Left thumbsticks - lean when aiming should be default in shooters now.

Pachimari

I should really also get back into this. Had been waiting on a great Rainbow Six since Raven Shield and now here's one, so I shouldn't put it aside as I have kind of done since launch.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So the game is finding people but not successfully joining/creating matches. A friend said he read about people having issues after the small patch today, anyone else with this issue on PC?

Vorheez

Yeah I'm back... Got my fill of Division for now. I'll bounce back and forth, but I'll be focusing on Siege again. Looking forward to the new content.

Over the last few days I've lost my form and just cannot find a way to pull myself out of playing badly.
I'm losing 1v1 encounters, missing easy kills and basically getting out thought and out gunned by everyone.
Maybe I should take a break but the addiction is real.
Hit registration seems a little hit n miss lately but that could be me trying to blame the game rather thanyours truly.

Erban1

The super 90 is ok how it is right now.No needs for a nerf.

With the super tight pellet spread & range it has it absolutely needs a nerf, or every other shotgun in the game needs a buff to catch up. It shreds people from distances you don't expect it to, and the damage model means you only need one pellet to connect for the instakill headshot. Those 2 factors make it a very powerful weapon, you can kill at distances you'd only dream about with any other shotty in the game. I thought all the OP talk about it was hyperbole until i actually used it, it certainly needs to be adjusted.

Big Reddit Rumour on Patch:

Copy/Pasted Info:

/!\ EDIT /!\: The topic on the french forum was deleted by the author because a dumbass put it on reddit

I doubt the author would put so much effort into this to then delete it if it wasn't legit.
Saw this on a french forum Here.

Someone in the community had the opportunity to speak to a developper the guy is a mod and is respected by the community, he posted screenshots of their phone conversation and he seems legit, here's the translation of the info he gave:

The French community is the biggest in Europe, and the french teams are the best.
Frost's shotgun will do less damage, they will changer her shells (OP's note: not sure what he's trying to say, if he just means they're going to nerf her or litteraly change the type of shell)
Buck will be changed.
Doc will also be changed.
They're going to tone down lag compensation and work on reducing the lag overall.
Hardcore mode without HUD will be here soon, they're doing some tests.
The April patch will be HUGE, nothing in common with the first patch which wasn't really a patch for them. The first 2 patches were just appetizers.
Without getting into the details, we spoke customisation. I can't tell you what it is and how but expect some changes in the next patches. As for the date he's not sure if it's late April or early April.
(Console) For the dubious behavior report system there will be soon more options for different behaviors (for example: team kill, high ping etc...). All reports are in the database and then he can see spikes on certain reported players to investigate.
He doesn't understand why there's so much englishs and germans in our games he'll investigate.
He doesn't really like the 2s timer before you get detected outside, he'll try and see if he can make that instantanious.
There's going to be a new game modes, he asked me if I had any ideas and I proposed a game mode with a VIP in each team. He said he liked that idea but they'll have to work on opening the map for the defense and have no timer.
He asked me what I thought of the accessories, the sights in particular. I rushed to say that the ACOG is too popular among defensers and it's too easy to score a headshot with it. He laughed and said he noticed too.
We discussed the idea of an operator that doesn't do any noise for a short period of time when he moves.
IQ will come back in FORCE in games.
They're going to make the hitbox more accurate.
He asked me if we'd like a clan system, I said YES, he said we can expect it in the future.
We talked about skins, I said they aren't that great and they're too expensive. He sent me this I don't know if it's going to be in game

That sounds like a checklist of all complaints and wishes.

Aka too good to be true :(

EDIT: Interesting--the thread was deleted from the French forums. Maybe it was a real leak?

I also think it's interesting that the dev sent him a pic of this user-made skin when he asked about improving skins and skin prices. I wonder if a CS:GO-like marketplace is in the works?

That sounds like a checklist of all complaints and wishes.

Aka too good to be true :(

EDIT: Interesting--the thread was deleted from the French forums. Maybe it was a real leak?

I also think it's interesting that the dev sent him a pic of this user-made skin when he asked about improving skins and skin prices. I wonder if a CS:GO-like marketplace is in the works?

I pray it's true, but it definitely sounds too good.

I want a MASSIVE patch, and adding a bunch of balance tweaks would be nice. People are clammering for an IQ/Tachanka buff. I would agree with making their abilities useful. At the end of the day, I ideally want a game that is about playing to strengths/weaknesses of operators and adapting to them, and a large part of that is making more characters viable.

Having IQ, Tachanka more used would be awesome. I'd think tweaking other characters like Doc to heal teammates would be great too (shoot a stim pistol to revive health over time).

This ability already exists anyway, but it's really just a loophole (shoot teammate to down them, then shoot a stim at them)

With a bunch of technical improvements, maybe they can do an official price drop and give this game a second breath.

Lag compensation needs a serious looking at. High ping players have an almost unbelievable advantage, and in a nip and tuck game like this, it's almost game breaking.

The super 90 is ok how it is right now.No needs for a nerf.

Crazy talk. Frost w/ the super90 is insanely powerful right now. It's like getting two operators for one spot.

I really think she'd be really well balanced with just her smg, 2/2 speed for roaming and setting up her traps which everyone now knows are useful and way better than kapkan's. And a stable smg for picks at long range. I know they're never just going to straight up remove a gun though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crazy talk. Frost w/ the super90 is insanely powerful right now. It's like getting two operators for one spot.

I really think she'd be really well balanced with just her smg, 2/2 speed for roaming and setting up her traps which everyone now knows are useful and way better than kapkan's. And a stable smg for picks at long range. I know they're never just going to straight up remove a gun though.
Maybe it'll be a slug, with high damage drop-off?

IQ buff is music to my ears. Can't wait.

Yeesh. I play one game today, we're up 3-0, I'm 7-1, then someone quits/gets disconnected on my team and we lose the next round. The round after that, a player team kills myself and another teammate. We lose that round. We lose the round after that too, before the end of which, another player on our team quits/gets disconnected. Next round, same player team kills me, and we lose. The round after that, a different player team kills me and we lose the round and the game.

Wow.

It most definitely needs a nerf. I'd prefer they not go too extreme on a nerf the first pass, but bringing it down some would be a start.
Agreed. The range is pretty gnarly, particularly with it being semi-automatic.

I'm not a huge fan of the Yacht map, but I have to say, it looks pretty cool at least. What do you guys think of the Yacht map?

Top Bottom