• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

andycapps

Agreed. The range is pretty gnarly, particularly with it being semi-automatic.

I'm not a huge fan of the Yacht map, but I have to say, it looks pretty cool at least. What do you guys think of the Yacht map?
Not a fan of it, really. We got it several times last night.

It wouldn't be so bad if it came around every once in a while but when the playlist seems to keep repeating itself it's no bueno. I think we're going to experiment with taking it out of our personal preferences and see if we get the map less.

Not a fan of it, really. We got it several times last night.

It wouldn't be so bad if it came around every once in a while but when the playlist seems to keep repeating itself it's no bueno. I think we're going to experiment with taking it out of our personal preferences and see if we get the map less.
I'll admit, it's grown on me a little bit.

I can't go more than a match or two these days without people team killing or quitting. I'm really wishing I'd gotten a PS4 right now, since Xbox One players here seem to be in short supply.

Ubisoft needs to do more about team killers and quitters/disconnects in ranked matches, because it's totally ruining the experience, at least for me.

andycapps

I can't go more than a match or two these days without people team killing or quitting. I'm really wishing I'd gotten a PS4 right now, since Xbox One players here seem to be in short supply.

Ubisoft needs to do more about team killers and quitters/disconnects in ranked matches, because it's totally ruining the experience, at least for me.
Yeah shame you don't have it on PS4. We usually have a full squad and have to turn people away, or they start a second.

Siddiqui

I'm not a huge fan of the Yacht map, but I have to say, it looks pretty cool at least. What do you guys think of the Yacht map?

I like it. It's a large map and the structure is a bit different so it takes longer to learn but it's a good map. For example, the options defenders have to flank from outside are much more limited than in other maps. Not that I mind it normally or anything but variety is good.

Sniping outside is also more limited for defenders. The outside is a lot less of a flat open area in this map and there aren't as many peek-able windows. The fact that the snow makes everything even more blinding white outside during daytime probably also further discourages sniping.

Yeah shame you don't have it on PS4. We usually have a full squad and have to turn people away, or they start a second.
If only PS4 and XB1 cross-play was a thing right now. *dreams of such a day*.
I like it. It's a large map and the structure is a bit different so it takes longer to learn but it's a good map. For example, the options defenders have to flank from outside are much more limited than in other maps. Not that I mind it normally or anything but variety is good.

Sniping outside is also more limited for defenders. The outside is a lot less of a flat open area in this map and there aren't as many peek-able windows. The fact that the snow makes everything even more blinding white outside during daytime probably also further discourages sniping.
It's interesting. It suffers a bit from an issue that makes me not too fond of Presidential plane. A lot of spaces on the map are pretty narrow and enclosed. Which I'm not that big a fan of. Although part of my distaste for Presidential Plane may be that I've played it so damn many times. But it's a beautiful map, and definitely an interesting one. I'm constantly adjusting my map preferences. I just want to play more House damn it! Hahaha

Is there a way to collect Xbox One footage after the fact? Can't five minutes be recorded through game DVR? Can it be done after the fact? The last round I just played was intense. We ended up winning, and I was facing off as Bandit against a shield user, and it was just us at the end. I killed him and won the round and the game, it was intense cat and mouse stuff, and I finished 14-3 overall I think, and we were down on players for most or all of the match.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Is there a way to collect Xbox One footage after the fact? Can't five minutes be recorded through game DVR? Can it be done after the fact?

Yes, you can record a clip of 5 minutes after the fact.If you want more you can stream via twitch.

I like the super 90 because is a powerful weapon and i like the powerful weapons.I don't have any problem with that because all the people can use the weapon so where is the problem?You don't like how it is?You can use for your advantage when you are in the defender team and only one person in the defender team can use it so for me this weapon is not a problem at all and i like it how it is.And when you are attacking you can use better weapons against frost so is not a problem for me.Remember the times of rs:v1 with the xm?

The super 90 does de correct damage,is a fucking shotgun so it has to be lethal and powerful and the range is ok. I don't kill anybody at a distance of more than 15/20 meters so...where is the problem? The damage?The range of distance?Maybe i have another super 90 but the damage and the range are perfectly balanced is this weapon and i don't see nothing false.And if you complain when you are attacking and die because this weapon you can use it when you are defending...so i don't see the problem.

Zas

And yes, frost is my favourite defender for the shotgun and the traps.

So I could get that past round of a game I already played, or am I misunderstanding? If so, how?
Snap game dvr and choose end clip 5 minutes that's all.

TCRS

Banned
how do I get good at this game damnit? It has never taken me this long to get decent at a game... I'm happy if I get one kill. Once I even had 5 but usually it's zero..

it's like everyone has figured out the tricks and best weapon configurations and if you don't play within these tightly defined parameters you don't have a chance.

thenexus6

Is anyone else disappointed with the lack of customization for the weapons in this game? The same 4 sights, 1 handle, 1 laser etc for every gun isn't enough for me. I hope they expand this in the future.

patchday

finally got around to ordering this game from Amazon. I'll probably be asking questions here in a few days :)

I would've gotten the digital version but they wanted like $60 still. Was able to get a better deal on the physical copy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is anyone else disappointed with the lack of customization for the weapons in this game? The same 4 sights, 1 handle, 1 laser etc for every gun isn't enough for me. I hope they expand this in the future.
Actually you should avoid lasers, so it's even less.

I personally prefer less customization (bloat really hurt battlefield, and game balance in general) but I wouldn't mind a complete re-work of all optics in the game, because they suck.

thenexus6

Actually you should avoid lasers, so it's even less.

I personally prefer less customization (bloat really hurt battlefield, and game balance in general) but I wouldn't mind a complete re-work of all optics in the game, because they suck.

Yeah I don't use lasers. I get your point about Battlefield 4, I don't want a million options but at least more than the half dozen we currently have.

how do I get good at this game damnit? It has never taken me this long to get decent at a game... I'm happy if I get one kill. Once I even had 5 but usually it's zero..

it's like everyone has figured out the tricks and best weapon configurations and if you don't play within these tightly defined parameters you don't have a chance.

personally? try playing some terrorist hunt on normal or hard for a little bit. that definitely helped me get used to the game better.

Gospel.

Knowing the maps is HUGE, too. Positioning and smart use of gadgets is as important as being good at "shooting" IMO.

andycapps

I don't mind it. The game is more about the skill with the weapons than what you put on them, IMO.

If the core gameplay were bad then I'd agree but it's so good that I'm perfectly fine with what they have in the game.

Bruh, Gamestop is offering $200 for your Boner.

Get on board, haha. We'll take you in.

Bruh, Gamestop is offering $200 for your Boner.

Get on board, haha. We'll take you in.
But symmetrical stick layouts. Hate 'em. To be fair, I've never used a DS4, but I much prefer asymmetrical stick layouts usually.

Plus, my game library is almost entirely digital, sooo....

It's a bummer for me. Haha

But thanks for the offer. :)

But symmetrical stick layouts. Hate 'em. To be fair, I've never used a DS4, but I much prefer asymmetrical stick layouts.

Plus, my game library is almost entirely digital, sooo....

It's a bummer for me. Haha

But thanks for the offer. :)

Are your hands not symmetrical?

Seriously though you would probably just get used to them, I used to think like that when I played a lot on XBOX, but I switched without issue. Same with when I stopped using a controller to play fighting games and picked up a fightstick, it became natural over time.

But if you can't just deal with it, there are adapters you can get that are supposed to be pretty good too.

Are your hands not symmetrical?

Seriously though you would probably just get used to them, I used to think like that when I played a lot on XBOX, but I switched without issue. Same with when I stopped using a controller to play fighting games and picked up a fightstick, it became natural over time.

But if you can't just deal with it, there are adapters you can get that are supposed to be pretty good too.
Of course my hands are symmetrical, but that's not relevant here. :)

I can "adapt" to the symmetrical sticks; for the longest time, I was a PlayStation user. I never even owned an original Xbox. I think an asymmetrical layout is inherently more ergonomic for me. I don't want to have to adapt to what I view as a lesser controller; I want the one that feels the best and most natural in my hands. Lots of people dislike Dualshock controllers for shooters. But again, different people have different preferences. I don't want to deal with an adapter either.

At this point I'm pretty happy with my Xbox One for a variety of reasons, and I have an almost entirely digital library of games, so I'm there until whatever console iteration comes next. The primary issue for me is that it's harder to find other people to play with due to a smaller playerbase. A little more horsepower in the console would be nice too, but I'm pretty happy with how it performs for the most part. :)

Not sure what this guy was doing..
fZog98z.gif

Same with these..

Of course my hands are symmetrical, but that's not relevant here. :)

I can "adapt" to the symmetrical sticks; for the longest time, I was a PlayStation user. I never even owned an original Xbox. I think an asymmetrical layout is inherently more ergonomic for me. I don't want to have to adapt to what I view as a lesser controller; I want the one that feels the best and most natural in my hands. Lots of people dislike Dualshock controllers for shooters. But again, different people have different preferences. I don't want to deal with an adapter either.

At this point I'm pretty happy with my Xbox One for a variety of reasons, and I have an almost entirely digital library of games, so I'm there until whatever console iteration comes next. The primary issue for me is that it's harder to find other people to play with due to a smaller playerbase. A little more horsepower in the console would be nice too, but I'm pretty happy with how it performs for the most part. :)

I mean, it used to be that way, that the PS controllers were almost universally unfavorable for FPS, but if you google the same debate now it's usually in favour of PS4 controllers, with people actually favoring them, over the XBOX ONE. Usually because of the triggers and overall feel of the controller though, as opposed to asymmetry.

The asymmetry thing has always been something I haven't understood. As I don't see why, if your our hands are symmetrical, that an asymmetrical grip would be better. I think it makes sense with the xbox one pad more, as the controller is more top heavy, so it helps you distribute the weight across your hands, but the PS4 pad is pretty balanced, in my opinion so the asymmetry isn't needed. But I understand if its a preference, and adapters can be a pain.

Either way, yeah I wasn't saying sell your XBOX ONE and buy Siege on PS4. At the time I didn't know you were already committed to either direction, thinking you were on the fence, still deciding which way to go. Still, I do think for Siege, PS4 or PC are the better options, though if you want a console esports scene then I hear Siege will have that, but only on XBOX ONE, so there's that. But, when I played the beta on both platforms, Siege looked quite a bit uglier on the ONE. Visual blurring / low resolutions always irritates me in these kind of games, because there are enough situations where I manage to get myself killed looking at a dark area of the screen thinking 'Is that a guy?' then 'oh shit' and... I'm dead. That's more common on XBOX ONE, and much less common on the PC version (mostly because you can fuck with shadows, bloom etc.) but the low-resolution and blurring has really put me off certain console games, on certain platforms, on both sides.

Ha yeah. It wasn't good play by me, but i just thought it was funny what happened. Still don't know why people keep picking recruits in ranked but whatever.

It wasn't bad but you should switch to a sidearm rather than reloading in-front of an enemy. If that last guy wasn't terrible you would be dead, but a sidearm swap would have given you a chance, even if he had decent aim.

andycapps

Ha yeah. It wasn't good play by me, but i just thought it was funny what happened. Still don't know why people keep picking recruits in ranked but whatever.
Believe me, I know about missing shots, for sure. I use ACOG and while it's good at medium to long range, in a room like that it's a liability so my replay may have looked similar.

I concur that switching to pistol would have been better but sometimes it's hard to think of that when all the pressure is on you as the last remaining member.

So how is casual matchmaking done? Because why do I have team of 10-20s against 100-130+ opponents? Every fucking match too. It sucks.

We ended up coming back despite our newbies and the 130s rage quit before the round ends. Teabag that L, dicks.

Feels good. Matchmaking still not great.

I mean, it used to be that way, that the PS controllers were almost universally unfavorable for FPS, but if you google the same debate now it's usually in favour of PS4 controllers, with people actually favoring them, over the XBOX ONE. Usually because of the triggers and overall feel of the controller though, as opposed to asymmetry.

The asymmetry thing has always been something I haven't understood. As I don't see why, if your our hands are symmetrical, that an asymmetrical grip would be better. I think it makes sense with the xbox one pad more, as the controller is more top heavy, so it helps you distribute the weight across your hands, but the PS4 pad is pretty balanced, in my opinion so the asymmetry isn't needed. But I understand if its a preference, and adapters can be a pain.

Either way, yeah I wasn't saying sell your XBOX ONE and buy Siege on PS4. At the time I didn't know you were already committed to either direction, thinking you were on the fence, still deciding which way to go. Still, I do think for Siege, PS4 or PC are the better options, though if you want a console esports scene then I hear Siege will have that, but only on XBOX ONE, so there's that. But, when I played the beta on both platforms, Siege looked quite a bit uglier on the ONE. Visual blurring / low resolutions always irritates me in these kind of games, because there are enough situations where I manage to get myself killed looking at a dark area of the screen thinking 'Is that a guy?' then 'oh shit' and... I'm dead. That's more common on XBOX ONE, and much less common on the PC version (mostly because you can fuck with shadows, bloom etc.) but the low-resolution and blurring has really put me off certain console games, on certain platforms, on both sides.
That's interesting, because most people I know who have both, and most forum conversations I see have people preferring the Xbox One controller over the Dualshock 4, especially for shooters.

I just don't think that our hands being symmetrical really means by consequence that a symmetrical controller is ideal. I don't see the parallel. The asymmetrical layout just feels so much better and balanced in my hands, with the way I hold the controller. I love it.

The resolution on Xbox One doesn't bother me at all, though PC would be ideal graphically for any game of course. I haven't really had many issues with not being able to spot an enemy like that. It's happened, but I don't know that it would necessarily happen less on PS4 or PC. I've never tried the game on them though, so I can't say for sure.

Overall I'm happy with my console, but like I said, the lower playerbase definitely sucks, and of course it matching PS4 on specs would have been a nice thing to have happen too. Haha

I have a problem with this game on PC

If I join a T Hunt or MP match I can play for a bit then I just crash to the desktop with uplay stating "oops you crashed send an error report blah blah" the only way I can seem to fix it is by shutting down my PC then booting it back up then I can play

Anyone know anything about this? Running Windows 10, 980ti and I have just literally forgotten my processor

Matt Frost

Hi, I am on the fence with this game... the concept seems amazing and is really appealing to me, been a COD and Battlefield player and want something new and fresh... and now that the game has been out for some time I want to ask something: Is progression and earning currency so slow like some of the reviews says? And how fun is still the game after a month playing it? I hope someone answers me and removes those doubts so I can dive in since the game in on sale at 50% off right now...

Hi, I am on the fence with this game... the concept seems amazing and is really appealing to me, been a COD and Battlefield player and want something new and fresh... and now that the game has been out for some time I want to ask something: Is progression and earning currency so slow like some of the reviews says? And how fun is still the game after a month playing it? I hope someone answers me and removes those doubts so I can dive in since the game in on sale at 50% off right now...
Earning the Renown currency that you unlock operators, and such with can be a bit slow, but challenges and such will help you earn it faster. The game is still awesome to me, and I've had it for about two months or so, roughly.

I think it's an amazing game, and totally worth it.

Matt Frost

Earning the renown currency that you unlock operators, and such with can be a bit slow, but challenges and such will help you earn it faster. The game is still awesome to me, and I've had it for about two months or so, roughly.

I think it's an amazing game, and totally worth it.

Challenges? I heard there are daily missions to earn that currency... probably like The Division... is that right?

Another question that comes up is the season pass... does it unlock all the things without the need to buy them with renown currency?

Like any online shooter it has a few minor issues but overall it's my favourite shooter since Call of duty 4.
If you liked search and destroy you will love R6 seige.

Challenges? I heard there are daily missions to earn that currency... probably like The Division... is that right?

Another question that comes up is the season pass... does it unlock all the things without the need to buy them with renown currency?
Basically ways to earn some extra Renown. I haven't played The Division, so I can't comment on that part.

I don't have the season pass, so I don't know all of what it entails exactly.

Matt Frost

Like any online shooter it has a few minor issues but overall it's my favourite shooter since Call of duty 4.
If you liked search and destroy you will love R6 seige.

Call of Duty 4 is one of my favourites as well as Battlefield 3. I did like Search and Destroy but it was very light on options and Siege seems like the ultimate version of that

Basically ways to earn some extra Renown. I haven't played The Division, so I can't comment on that part.

I don't have the season pass, so I don't know all of what it entails exactly.

Nice. Last question before... going to the store... how strong is the playerbase right now on PS4? Lots of gamers playing this?

Call of Duty 4 is one of my favourites as well as Battlefield 3. I did like Search and Destroy but it was very light on options and Siege seems like the ultimate version of that

Nice. Last question before... going to the store... how strong is the playerbase right now on PS4? Lots of gamers playing this?
I play on Xbox One, and don't have issues finding games. I play in the ranked playlist most of the time now, and it can take a little time to find matches if it's late or really late at night, but it's generally not a big deal. Sometimes it can take a while to find a match at those times. The casual playlist might be easier to find games on, but I wouldn't know for sure since I rarely play in it any more.

You'd have to ask the PS4 players here though about that all that stuff. Just my perspective as someone who plays on Xbox One.

andycapps

It's the best shooter out right now, IMO. The gameplay is better than anything else out there. It takes a while to get operators unlocked but it's really not that bad. Just do the situations first and watch the videos and you'll be able to get several operators right off the bat.

If I could recommend operators to get in order it would be.. Defense: Rook, Doc, Kachanka. They all have heavy armor and are slow but I'd recommend sticking close to the objective and letting faster operators roam. Though I do like to roam a little as Rook. That's the easiest character in the game. Just drop the armor as soon as the round starts. Attack: Ash, Thermite, Thatcher.

Don't waste your time on any of the shield operators, except Fuse and swap the shield for the AK-12. And definitely don't waste your points on Tachanka. I don't recommend Glaz for a new player either.

If you get it on PS4 let us know your name and we'll add you to the group message. Watch Serenity's videos for some really good tips.

Matt Frost

I play on Xbox One, and don't have issues finding games. I play in the ranked playlist most of the time now, and it can take a little time to find matches if it's late or really late at night, but it's generally not a big deal. Sometimes it can take a while to find a match at those times. The casual playlist might be easier to find games on, but I wouldn't know for sure since I rarely play in it any more.

You'd have to ask the PS4 players here though about that all that stuff. Just my perspective as someone who plays on Xbox One.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. I usually play on the afternoon so really late at night won't affect me at all.

It's the best shooter out right now, IMO. The gameplay is better than anything else out there. It takes a while to get operators unlocked but it's really not that bad. Just do the situations first and watch the videos and you'll be able to get several operators right off the bat.

If I could recommend operators to get in order it would be.. Defense: Rook, Doc, Kachanka. They all have heavy armor and are slow but I'd recommend sticking close to the objective and letting faster operators roam. Though I do like to roam a little as Rook. That's the easiest character in the game. Just drop the armor as soon as the round starts. Attack: Ash, Thermite, Thatcher.

Don't waste your time on any of the shield operators, except Fuse and swap the shield for the AK-12. And definitely don't waste your points on Tachanka. I don't recommend Glaz for a new player either.

If you get it on PS4 let us know your name and we'll add you to the group message. Watch Serenity's videos for some really good tips.

Thanks for taking your time and replying with all that useful information, I will follow your advice and play with Rook the first and drop the armor (dont know what it means right now but I will soon). I will start the download when I arrive home (at work now) and probably will be playing when it ends. Maybe this afternoon... Hope so. Will also watch the videos to learn a bit before playing.

I will be playing it on a PS4 and my username is Matias_F__ if you want to add me. I lived on CA for 4 years so I speak English very fluently, also been playing COD and BF and every other shooter for a long time so I dont think it will take long to learn. Also need players to play with since my most of my friends dont want to buy it (maybe one).

Have a great feeling for this game, loving the concept since I saw it at E3. Now I really want to play it...

andycapps

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. I usually play on the afternoon so really late at night won't affect me at all.

Thanks for taking your time and replying with all that useful information, I will follow your advice and play with Rook the first and drop the armor (dont know what it means right now but I will soon). I will start the download when I arrive home (at work now) and probably will be playing when it ends. Maybe this afternoon... Hope so. Will also watch the videos to learn a bit before playing.

I will be playing it on a PS4 and my username is Matias_F__ if you want to add me. I lived on CA for 4 years so I speak English very fluently, also been playing COD and BF and every other shooter for a long time so I dont think it will take long to learn. Also need players to play with since my most of my friends dont want to buy it (maybe one).

Have a great feeling for this game, loving the concept since I saw it at E3. Now I really want to play it...
You're welcome. Added you to the group message.

Top Bottom