• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. I usually play on the afternoon so really late at night won't affect me at all.

Thanks for taking your time and replying with all that useful information, I will follow your advice and play with Rook the first and drop the armor (dont know what it means right now but I will soon). I will start the download when I arrive home (at work now) and probably will be playing when it ends. Maybe this afternoon... Hope so. Will also watch the videos to learn a bit before playing.

I will be playing it on a PS4 and my username is Matias_F__ if you want to add me. I lived on CA for 4 years so I speak English very fluently, also been playing COD and BF and every other shooter for a long time so I dont think it will take long to learn. Also need players to play with since my most of my friends dont want to buy it (maybe one).

Have a great feeling for this game, loving the concept since I saw it at E3. Now I really want to play it...
You're very welcome. I hope you enjoy the game if you get it. :)

frontovik

Banned
I was playing on Hereford Base as offence, and Frost managed to headshot me through a partially broken barricade from the second floor window with a pistol. Hmm, not suspect at all.

I dont know what version to buy... with or without Season Pass... does anyone know the real benefits of it?

It's the most unnecessary Season Pass ever. That could be considered good or bad, depending on your POV.

All it really gives you is:
-A few skins
-Some R6 bucks to spend on in-game XP boosters or skins
-Early access to and immediately unlocked DLC Operators
-A permanent 5% (lol) XP boost

I bought it to support the devs, although it is nice unlocking the DLC Operators early and without renown.

Matt Frost

It's the most unnecessary Season Pass ever. That could be considered good or bad, depending on your POV.

All it really gives you is:
-A few skins
-Some R6 bucks to spend on in-game XP boosters or skins
-Early access to and immediately unlocked DLC Operators
-A permanent 5% (lol) XP boost

I bought it to support the devs, although it is nice unlocking the DLC Operators early and without renown.

Thanks a lot for the info... DLC Operators for free sounds amazing since they cost 25,000 renown each (25 hours according to some, time I dont have), and the R6 bucks to unlock skins as well. Probably will be getting it then since the Season Pass is on sale as well and for a low cost. Thanks again

Thanks a lot for the info... DLC Operators for free sounds amazing since they cost 25,000 renown each (25 hours according to some, time I dont have), and the R6 bucks to unlock skins as well. Probably will be getting it then since the Season Pass is on sale as well and for a low cost. Thanks again

Yes, they cost 25k renown each, which is the same cost as unlocking all of the base operators that came with the game at launch. So yeah, the price is steep for new operators without the Season Pass.

Matt Frost

Yes, they cost 25k renown each, which is the same cost as unlocking all of the base operators that came with the game at launch. So yeah, the price is steep for new operators without the Season Pass.

Yeah it seems is the basic benefit of the Season Pass, unlocking them for free and not having to grind that money

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They are weird as hell at first. It doesn't really sink in until you get adjusted, and then take them off. Then it's like a revelation.

It's far cheaper (and better, in my opinion) to just buy Xbox One sticks for about $2 shipped and install them in your DS4. The process is relatively simple, and can be done in less than 15 minutes.

Really not the same thing, sorry.

It's far cheaper (and better, in my opinion) to just buy Xbox One sticks for about $2 shipped and install them in your DS4. The process is relatively simple, and can be done in less than 15 minutes.

I actually did this with my second controller. It sucks compared to what Evolved is talking about.

They are weird as hell at first. It doesn't really sink in until you get adjusted, and then take them off. Then it's like a revelation.

Really not the same thing, sorry.

All correct. I have the exact same ones on mine and they are too good. Never come off either. Ever.

These are actually raised a bit, right? That adds more precision/nuance to your control, it seems.

Yes. One is higher than the other, though. Feels great.

Evolved1

Are you saying I could be even better than I am now?
I don't know if they actually translate to better performance... it's more of a comfort thing. They do give you better granular control, for smoother micro-adjustments.

Idk if that made sense, sorry... kind of hard to explain.

As far as you getting better? Well, couldn't get any worse. So, dive in!

Hi, I am on the fence with this game... the concept seems amazing and is really appealing to me, been a COD and Battlefield player and want something new and fresh... and now that the game has been out for some time I want to ask something: Is progression and earning currency so slow like some of the reviews says? And how fun is still the game after a month playing it? I hope someone answers me and removes those doubts so I can dive in since the game in on sale at 50% off right now...

About the XP progress-- if you just want to buy the operators, you can just pay for them. If you've every paid money for map packs in BF and COD, you can spend money for operators.

Seeing as you will be new, you can make enough renown, save up, and just earn the operator DLC. It will probably take a while, but there's no reason you need them necessarily. I enjoyed the game with the vanilla operators and made enough to unlock them. Dont usually play them, but it's not like I was grinding without having fun. They came naturally just because I play the core game.

Maps are free for life in this game. There should be 3-4 more coming. They are huge maps that take a long time to learn, and are some of the most well designed maps I've played.

A fantastic core gameplay + amazing map design + teamwork variety is where the longevity comes in. If you're someone who can enjoy a game without needing a shitload of unlocks, you'll have fun. That goes for any game. If the core gameplay is good, you'll keep coming back, and the core gameplay here is great.

andycapps

I actually haven't bought Buck and Frost yet because I wasted all my points unlocking all the characters I don't care about now. About to get Frost though.

Matt Frost

About the XP progress-- if you just want to buy the operators, you can just pay for them. If you've every paid money for map packs in BF and COD, you can spend money for operators.

Seeing as you will be new, you can make enough renown, save up, and just earn the operator DLC. It will probably take a while, but there's no reason you need them necessarily. I enjoyed the game with the vanilla operators and made enough to unlock them. Dont usually play them, but it's not like I was grinding without having fun. They came naturally just because I play the core game.

Maps are free for life in this game. There should be 3-4 more coming. They are huge maps that take a long time to learn, and are some of the most well designed maps I've played.

A fantastic core gameplay + amazing map design + teamwork variety is where the longevity comes in. If you're someone who can enjoy a game without needing a shitload of unlocks, you'll have fun. That goes for any game. If the core gameplay is good, you'll keep coming back, and the core gameplay here is great.

Siege is downloading right now while the PS4 is on that mode with power saving mode and can still download. Cant wait to go home and start playing it. Need a new online shooter and this seems like the perfect one (BF Hardline, Battlefront and BO3 was kind of a let down for me). Can't wait... like some people say: HYPE!!!

patchday

What are the best operators for a newbie? I just unlocked Mute last night.

I've been going through some of the tutorials but I'm itching to go online

andycapps

What are the best operators for a newbie? I just unlocked Mute last night.

I've been going through some of the tutorials but I'm itching to go online
I recommended some yesterday, I think they're pretty solid recommendations but everyone has their own playstyle and operators that suit them.

Bump: Alt operator skins and weapon charms inbound

According to a user on the Jeuxvideo forums, he received a questionnaire regarding alternative operator skins and weapon charms.

He was asked if he would pay either, 4$, 6$, 8$ or another price in renown for a skull based head skin for Smoke, which seems to be the mask worn by Immortan Joe in Mad Max. This is not the final price, but it seems Ubisoft trying to figure the details with this questionnaire.

The user also provided 4 images showcasing what we can expect in the future:

Alternative skins for Smoke:
SmokeAlt2.jpg

SmokeAlt.jpg

Weapon charms featuring an IQ Chibi:
charmcustom1.jpg

Siege_charm_custom_2.jpg

That dude better have filled out "renown" for the asking price, dammit.

So...maybe that leak was true.

Evolved1

lol, their pricing so far has been pretty damn greedy, but this stuff is fun/funny.

KodaRuss

Those cosmetic addons look pretty sick. I have no time to play any games lately but I would find some time for Siege with those addons.

Stat!

lol, their pricing so far has been pretty damn greedy, but this stuff is fun/funny.

Pricing has been crazy. Its like $8 for a skin sometimes. I wish we could earn/trade these skins sort of like how TF2 does their stuff.

At least we can only hope that more money goes into servers/patches.

Evolved1

Can they even do that mask? It'd have to be licensed right? I could maybe understand them charging a little more for that. But tbh they have been really gross about pricing. I support the pay-for cosmetic strategy (when it means all other dlc is free, I've said this for years) but they are too greedy here.

I say this as someone who bought pretty much all the unique skins. Idk, it's not a good look. For anyone. I do hope they change their pricing. Lower the price, more people will bite, you make the same money and more people participate.

Their current approach is a bit offensive, tbh.

Yeah, at this point, it feels more like they're pricing a lot of customers out of even making a purchase, for some reason.

I'd buy lots of skins at $1-2 a pop. I won't buy any at $6 each.

EDIT: Someone on reddit had a good point: maybe they're whaling? I wouldn't think Siege is the type of game with that customerbase or size to support it, but maybe Ubi is seeing numbers we aren't?

Essentials, IMO:

Attackers
Thermite
Thatcher
Ash

Defenders
Rook
Jaeger
Frost (but she takes longer, as she's DLC)

Yup I always play as Jaeger when I can. He has a great set of weapons and essential for boms/secure areas. For Hostage I try to place my defenses to allow for attackers to kill the hostage.

Evolved1

Yeah, at this point, it feels more like they're pricing a lot of customers out of even making a purchase, for some reason.

I'd buy lots of skins at $1-2 a pop. I won't buy any at $6 each.

EDIT: Someone on reddit had a good point: maybe they're whaling? I wouldn't think Siege is the type of game with that customerbase or size to support it, but maybe Ubi is seeing numbers we aren't?
Idk... I won't keep buying stuff. I had some PSN credit and wanted to support Siege, but that pricing isn't cool, and I wouldn't continue to spend going forward. Hopefully others feel the same and the numbers reflect it. Because their behavior on the skins has been pretty gross. I always assumed it was so egregious no one would buy it, so no harm no foul on my part, but now I kinda regret participating in that.

Oh well.

I ran into what seems to be an awful Doc glitch at least twice today. I fired all three Stim pistol rounds into a downed teammate from two feet away, and it did nothing. On at least two different occasions.

That really sucked.

You know what has been driving me insane. Making it to the Joining Game Session screen where both teams are ready to go and in 5 min the game is unable to fill that one missing spot which leads to everyone eventually leaving

You know what has been driving me insane. Making it to the Joining Game Session screen where both teams are ready to go and in 5 min the game is unable to fill that one missing spot which leads to everyone eventually leaving
Wow people wait 5 mins? Usually for me people are quitting if it isn't filled within 30 seconds.

Top Bottom