• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You know what has been driving me insane. Making it to the Joining Game Session screen where both teams are ready to go and in 5 min the game is unable to fill that one missing spot which leads to everyone eventually leaving
Yep it's the fucking worst.

Play with Gaffers. We only teamkill you if you walk right in front of us when we're aiming down sights and see an enemy at the same time.

giphy.gif

You know what has been driving me insane. Making it to the Joining Game Session screen where both teams are ready to go and in 5 min the game is unable to fill that one missing spot which leads to everyone eventually leaving

Yeah, that's been a known issue for a while :-\ 4 player team matchmaking has issues.

On the bright side, when someone leaves out of frustration in that situation, it's usually easier to get the match made, ironically.

EDIT: Good job, Ubi!

Here we go!
Starting this Friday at 12:01pm Eastern Time, you will be able to purchase the 6 CTU Weapon Skin bundles for both R6 Credits and for Renown. These will maintain the current cost of 1800 R6 Credits, but will now be available for 50k Renown as well. This is scheduled to end on Monday at 12:01pm Eastern Time.
Dump that Renown, and pick up some awesome skins!

So... bought the game last night, playing Casual games because I'm not ranked 20 yet...dude friendly kills me and our whole team, round ends...then he leaves.

Start Terrorist Hunt...within first minute, dude teamkills me for no reason.

Is this what the PS4 community is like? Because.....yeah.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Play with Gaffers. We only teamkill you if you walk right in front of us when we're aiming down sights and see an enemy at the same time.
SMG11... I have killed everyone at least once.

Feels bad man.

andycapps

So... bought the game last night, playing Casual games because I'm not ranked 20 yet...dude friendly kills me and our whole team, round ends...then he leaves.

Start Terrorist Hunt...within first minute, dude teamkills me for no reason.

Is this what the PS4 community is like? Because.....yeah.

It definitely happens. Not every game but enough where it's annoying. That's why most of us party up and don't play much with randoms.

SMG11... I have killed everyone at least once.

Feels bad man.
Haha I've done it once or twice as well. I agree, it feels bad man.

Weirdly enough I've only ever been team killed maybe 3 times and I've played long enough to get to level 20. Guess it's just luck.

Also all those times were (seemingly) accidental)

It definitely happens. Not every game but enough where it's annoying. That's why most of us party up and don't play much with randoms.

Haha I've done it once or twice as well. I agree, it feels bad man.

How does the favorites group work? I got invited last night, and got some messages from it, not sure what the deal was though?

Do people just message the entire group and see if they get hits?

Weirdly enough I've only ever been team killed maybe 3 times and I've played long enough to get to level 20. Guess it's just luck.

Also all those times were (seemingly) accidental)

Same. I'm level 70 something and I can count the number of purposeful teamkills on one hand. Have never been TK'ed in Terrorist Hunt, but I haven't played that mode in months, so maybe it's gotten worse?

DQDQDQ

Re: Team kills on PS4

When grinding out the hostage defense terrorist hunt trophy with randoms I'd estimate 10-15% of the games had team killing of some variety.

Things to watch out for:
Players choosing recruit, especially higher level players
Even if they have not caused trouble in a match so far, be extra vigilant on match point. Some of these guys like to wait until the match is almost over before striking.

If you tear down a barricade or castle door that a teammate put up, don't be surprised to get shot in the back

On defense, do not pick up Rook armor at the beginning of prep. It's a C4 target

If you witness a blatant teamkill and are in position to, just put the guy down yourself then vote to kick him.

In short, don't play with less than two other party members that way you control the vote

Consider not even reviving teammates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6bcJXP6Bp8

andycapps

I have to lodge a complaint with this thread. My shoulders are sore from carrying GAFers last night.

Lol I'm just yanking some chains but I'd be down to play tonight.

Haha that you did.

How does the favorites group work? I got invited last night, and got some messages from it, not sure what the deal was though?

Do people just message the entire group and see if they get hits?

The idea is that if you're playing and want to party up to try to find other people that are interested in doing so. Oftentimes I'll post, room for 4. That means I started a squad and am looking for 4 other people. And so on.

Haha that you did.

Don't give the turd too much credit. :p

The idea is that if you're playing and want to party up to try to find other people that are interested in doing so. Oftentimes I'll post, room for 4. That means I started a squad and am looking for 4 other people. And so on.

To add to this, if you add it to your favorites group, you'll be able to see people online and whatnot without having to add everyone as a friend.

Even though it's all GAF, you may not actually want to befriend everyone, lol.

Buraindo

Hello. Been playing Siege for a while, thought I should check in.
Been having a bit of a rough time with it lately, ranked seems to almost always have people leaving early and casual matches are too often complete stomps. Just now I played a 3v5 against a 5 man party, wasn't pretty but I like to think we still put up a fight of sorts. That's not to say that extremely tense close games don't still happen though, they just seem less common lately.
So anyone in WEU playing on PC?

Maybe it's just the lack of an ACOG making me feel this way but I'm starting to think the FMG9 is one of the most stable guns (and especially smgs) in the game. Thing is like a laser gun where you can just hold down mouse 1 and track. It does decent damage too.

Maybe it's just the lack of an ACOG making me feel this way but I'm starting to think the FMG9 is one of the most stable guns (and especially smgs) in the game. Thing is like a laser gun where you can just hold down mouse 1 and track. It does decent damage too.
It's stable and quick firing and yet I suffer in 1v1 situations at even medium range.
Maybe I need more time with it and I definitely need to remove the silencer.

So I think I might buy this on a whim since I can get it today from Amazon prime now for $20.

Are the servers and lag stable now? Is this game totally unapproachable for new players at this point?

So I think I might buy this on a whim since I can get it today from Amazon prime now for $20.

Are the servers and lag stable now? Is this game totally unapproachable for new players at this point?

When I was last playing, 2 weeks ago, it still seemed very approachable for new players. Obviously some games will be pretty brutal if your against a more experienced team, and it's a good idea to play with friends if possible, but it's still very possible to get into it.

I think it also does skill based casual matchmaking now, so even if you're bad, you will get opportunity to learn in an environment with others of at least similar skill.

Had a great 1v5 comeback to clinch a match last night. Combination of complete luck and positioning. I was Blitz so I was trying to keep my back from being exposed and trying to hide my red dot. Their strategy was terrible but I'm not complaining!

Strategic spray and pray

Augustiner

Neo Member
Regarding the season pass on Xbox One. Does it apply to all user accounts on your Xbox one, or does it's benefits only apply to the account the purchase is made with?

Okay guys how would you deal with this situation?

Playing Ranked and the other team picks Recruit with shields.......The whole team.

No matter what we tried all Nitro Cell classes, Smoke Grenades, shooting feet nothing could stop it they just completely steamrolled us

Erban1

Playing Ranked and the other team picks Recruit with shields.......The whole team.

No matter what we tried all Nitro Cell classes, Smoke Grenades, shooting feet nothing could stop it they just completely steamrolled us

Only luck you'll have outside of a lucky group nitro is to try and flank behind or beside them. Pretty much every map has 2 approaches to every objective, if you can exploit that you might get lucky. A good team configuration also really limits their attack options, cover the walls correctly and you've effectively limited their entry points to doors and windows. It's a tough situation to overcome.

andycapps

I think it would make sense in that scenario to have only one or two on the objective and the rest just outside in an area where they can flank or come behind the attackers. If every defender is in the objective and they all come in with shields then you're going to have a problem.

Great suggestions but we were defending Bank and they could just all pile in from one location and just come in like a turtle of doom. We tried to flank several times but they were picking locations that allowed them a lot of rear protection

andycapps

Great suggestions but we were defending Bank and they could just all pile in from one location and just come in like a turtle of doom. We tried to flank several times but they were picking locations that allowed them a lot of rear protection
If we get enough of us together on PS4 sometime we could do a custom game and try to figure out a strategy.

You need to use a classic hammer and anvil tactic. Have a couple of guys near the objective to act as the pinning force. They shoot, make a lot of noise, and use gas grenades. Anything to keep the shields focused on one spot and slow them down from moving to the objective. That's the anvil. The hammer would be probably two guys who are off to the side, maybe in a side room or on a different floor. When the shield have taken the bait and are funneling into the chokepoint, the hammer comes down and they are stuck between the hammer and the anvil.

Plenty of flaws to exploit though. They can't get through castle walls very well or reinforced walls at all. Use that to funnel them where you want them to go. Put a nitro cell on the castle wall and blow it when you see them walk up to detonate it. Stuff like that.

Yeah, I mean--I remember Jackfrags and co trying out a complete shield team and they got wrecked. It seemed like a good idea in theory but in practice, any decent team can handle it easily.

Remember: reinforcing walls isn't just for protection. Shield Team 6 has no thermite--you can basically control where you WANT them to enter by reinforcing all other entries.

Then sit and wait with Nitro and with multiple flanks covered.

I still don't get how the shield team all came in a single entrance and didn't just get wrecked. Bottlenecks are deathtraps in Siege.

Hmm these are really good points. I should have reinforced to funnel them

A part of it is getting comfy with using Nitro. For a while, even with a character that had Nitro, I would completely neglect to use it.

Now, the moment I hear that clunk-clunk of a shield, my finger twitches over the gadget button.

epJniOf.gif

gyIHoAf.gif

dwEVEqO.gif

EDIT: 2.3 patch info!

Below you will find the subsection of Update 2.3's Patch Notes that includes balance changes to certain weapons and operator specific weapons.

Please note that the full list of patch notes with all of the changes and fixes in patch 2.3 will be released very soon, but this is just a glimpse at some of the balancing changes.

Please feel free to leave your feedback below.

Balancing: Operators

Frost's Super 90 Shotgun falloff damage now begins earlier

We tweaked the falloff damage of Frost’s shotgun. The falloff previously started at 5 meters. It will now begin at 3.5 meters, making it roughly on par with the M1014. We have made this choice because Frost’s Super 90 had too much range, making Frost too powerful alongside her Nitro Cells and Welcome Mats.

Buck’s Skeleton Key’s environmental destruction has been enhanced
We have designed Buck with the intention of having him be a versatile Operator that is able to go wherever he desires. We do not believe that the state he currently is in reflects this.

The initial intent was to use his underslung shotgun as a tool and not so much as a weapon. As the pros have shown us in the Pro League, it is working as a tool, but it could definitely be more efficient and useful.

Therefore, we have decided to increase the environmental destruction of Buck’s underslung shotgun. As the following series of .GIFs show, it is now a better tool and will help you get where you want faster.

Killholes Before 2.3:
Buck2Before.gif

Killholes After 2.3:
Buck1After.gif

Vaulting through hole Before 2.3:
Buck1Before.gif

Vaulting through hole After 2.3:
Buck2After.gif

Balancing: Weapons

SMG-11's recoil increased
We have increased the SMG-11’s recoil. The weapon was too powerful as it was, with recoil that was too easily controlled given the weapon’s rate of fire. We have opted to alter it in two different ways for PC and for consoles:
  • For PC, we tweaked the SMG-11 in two ways: first, the weapon will not center back after a shot quite as fast as it did before. Second, the recoil will be more unpredictable now. We made that decision because we felt the recoil was too vertical, often giving easy headshots since that weapon’s rate of fire is very high.
  • For consoles, we have increased the value for the rate at which the camera rises. We have roughly doubled that speed. What that means is that the player will have to compensate downwards more with the joystick in order to control the vertical recoil. We also applied the same tweaks to the vertical recoil as explained above for PC controls.

We have increased the SMG-11's recoil for 2 reasons: the first one is a combination of the fact that the recoil is almost purely vertical and that you can put an ACOG sight on it. We consider this to be too good of a combination, and the Pro League's players seemed to agree, given their loadout selections for Smoke and Sledge. The second reason is simply that it is a secondary weapon. We hope that this will strengthen its role as a secondary weapon, and lessen its use as a primary.

So, about that leak...

• The French community is the biggest in Europe, and the french teams are the best.
  • Frost's shotgun will do less damage, they will changer her shells (OP's note: not sure what he's trying to say, if he just means they're going to nerf her or litteraly change the type of shell)- Check (kinda)
  • Buck will be changed. - Check
  • Doc will also be changed.
  • They're going to tone down lag compensation and work on reducing the lag overall.
  • Hardcore mode without HUD will be here soon, they're doing some tests.
  • The April patch will be HUGE, nothing in common with the first patch which wasn't really a patch for them. The first 2 patches were just appetizers.
  • Without getting into the details, we spoke customisation. I can't tell you what it is and how but expect some changes in the next patches. As for the date he's not sure if it's late April or early April.- Check
  • (Console) For the dubious behavior report system there will be soon more options for different behaviors (for example: team kill, high ping etc...). All reports are in the database and then he can see spikes on certain reported players to investigate.
  • He doesn't understand why there's so much englishs and germans in our games he'll investigate.
  • He doesn't really like the 2s timer before you get detected outside, he'll try and see if he can make that instantanious.
  • There's going to be a new game modes, he asked me if I had any ideas and I proposed a game mode with a VIP in each team. He said he liked that idea but they'll have to work on opening the map for the defense and have no timer.
  • He asked me what I thought of the accessories, the sights in particular. I rushed to say that the ACOG is too popular among defensers and it's too easy to score a headshot with it. He laughed and said he noticed too.
  • We discussed the idea of an operator that doesn't do any noise for a short period of time when he moves.
  • IQ will come back in FORCE in games.
  • They're going to make the hitbox more accurate.
  • He asked me if we'd like a clan system, I said YES, he said we can expect it in the future.
  • We talked about skins, I said they aren't that great and they're too expensive. He sent me this I don't know if it's going to be in game

Reddit is reporting that skins and the Season Pass are on sale in-game now, too.

EDIT 2:

The 2.3 patch notes above are just a "small portion" of the 2.3 patch, btw. They confirmed that no IQ, Tachanka or Kapkan buffs are coming in THIS patch, but Operator balancing is going to be more common in upcoming patches.

They also said they don't have a release date yet, but if you look at the schedule of past releases, "you can make an educated guess".

Also, the CTU bundles are on sale for renown now! I guess it's my civic duty to get this:

Top Bottom