• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

patchday

lol I did 3 tutorials and hoped right online (PS4). People actually talk in this game so I get a little complaints, "omg not a recruit!! Hey recruit pick an operator"

Sorry boys; I'm flat broke in this game right now

lol I did 3 tutorials and hoped right online (PS4). People actually talk in this game so I get a little complaints, "omg not a recruit!! Hey recruit pick an operator"

Watch the three tutorial vids. You get 200 renown per vid, plus 200 for watching all of them, for a total of 800.

Easy Operator unlock + some attachments, right there :) Although I'd honestly not even bother with attachments until you have a solid 8-10 Operators unlocked.

Klyka

Banned

do the situations, it gives you enough renown to buy 1-2 attackers and defenders

also,watch the tutorial videos for 600 renown which gives you another operator.

Klyka

Banned
Thanks! Will do (gonna go watch these vids if I can find them after this match)

also,don't be afraid to ask someone to free up your operator if you don't have many.
people will usually do it cause they'd rather play a different operator than have a recruit on their team

How would y'all feel about the introduction of different ammo types?

Hollow Point: More damage against unrooked and mid-low armor Operators; less penetration and/or damage loss with penetration
Full Metal Jacket: Less damage against targets, in general, but penetrates armor, with the chance to penetrate an Operator; penetrates walls far more effectively

Not sure how I would feel about it myself, honestly, but could be interesting and could help solve some of the complaints about little customization options.

Klyka

Banned
How would y'all feel about the introduction of different ammo types?

Hollow Point: More damage against unrooked and mid-low armor Operators; less penetration and/or damage loss with penetration
Full Metal Jacket: Less damage against targets, in general, but penetrates armor, with the chance to penetrate an Operator; penetrates walls far more effectively

Not sure how I would feel about it myself, honestly, but could be interesting and could help solve some of the complaints about little customization options.

nope, would add too much bullshit to the game and people would use the "best option" anyway

patchday

wow this game is so fun. When I first put it in it seemed so stiff to me (tutorials) and I was worried I might never play it much. After getting that first taste of multiplayer and getting some kills now falling for this game :) Everything I hoped it would be

Just received the game today :) Will install and patch ASAP.

If anyone wants to play a few rounds later today my PSN ID is the same as my username.

Patch seems great. Going to play Buck a lot more now.

RE: Shields, it's easy to get into the habit of only using c4 as anti shield because it's the most effective and easiest way for sure, but don't forget that setting up a simple crossfire in the heat of the moment will get rid of a lot of shields. Just mark out a place for your teammate to sit and go sit in the opposite corner and wait for it/them. Even with multiple shields it's hard to coordinate to block fire from multiple locations especially with body parts sticking out and low-damage hits like in the hand making them panic and look around crazily and expose themselves even more.

Wow
A dev who added vertical sensitivity to a console game! Bravo.

Also, vsync on or off? is the tearing bad? is it contained to the upper part of the screen?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wow
A dev who added vertical sensitivity to a console game! Bravo.

Also, vsync on or off? is the tearing bad? is it contained to the upper part of the screen?
That only affects terrorist hunt. Gives you an unlocked framerate.

Evolved1

What the fuck is up with the team killing? First three matches and idiots are killing each other.
Tbh, really don't know. Maybe no respawn breaks people.

I'm busy this weekend, but you can still join our group.

What the fuck is up with the team killing? First three matches and idiots are killing each other.

First 3 is rough...but yeah, I did have it happen to me twice in like....5 games.

I haven't had time to join up on the GAF group, but someone can add you to it, I'm not sure of who the admin is on it.

Tbh, really don't know. Maybe no respawn breaks people.

I'm busy this weekend, but you can still join our group.

First 3 is rough...but yeah, I did have it happen to me twice in like....5 games.

I haven't had time to join up on the GAF group, but someone can add you to it, I'm not sure of who the admin is on it.

Which group? Community? I may have joined it. If its something else then an invite would be appreciated.

Had the day off today (Good Friday) and there were definitely more idiots / team killing going on this afternoon (EDT) than when I normally play (at night).

Yeah, hope you don't get too discouraged by TKers, Odysseus. The PS4 population is a lot higher than X1, in general, so maybe that's why there's more on there. X1 is blessed and cursed with an inherently smaller population, so I haven't had to deal with that much.

Dabanton

I've ran into a few idiot TKers today on the X1 version as well.

Been playing this for a few days now and love it,but man oh man some of the idiots you see on Terrorist Hunt.

Guys running into a room, not checking and surprise surprise getting mown down by enemies. We had a guy earlier on an extraction who decided the best thing for him to do was lone wolf it upstairs The rest of us grabbed the hostage and were slowly making our way out, he managed to get himself shot 2 floors up and was bleeding out.

We left him up there lol.

I really hope they remove the ACOG from the MAC-11. Or all SMGs for that matter.

I also hope they implement some kind of bullet flinch system with heavier rounds causing more "aimpunch" than SMGs. That would make Battle Rifles like Twitch's HK417 and Buck's CAMRS more viable and would make suppressing fire a thing since there's no consequence to getting shot in the body currently

If the majority of my deaths are to headshots (and usually within the enemy's first few bullets), is that indicative of some type of flaw in the way I play?

Evolved1

If the majority of my deaths are to headshots (and usually within the enemy's first few bullets), is that indicative of some type of flaw in the way I play?
Not really. Everyone just shoots for the head in this game. Usually, especially while leaning, it's all they can aim at anyway.

Bought the gold version on xbox, should have gone ps4 though as my NAT is showing strict and I didn't realise it was 900p - what happened to parity Ubi!? ;)

Anyway it's very good apart from renown is really slow to earn even with the boost.

Any tips for good newbie operators? I quite like sledge on attack and Castle on defence so far but keen to find others without wasting renown on guessing.

Bought the gold version on xbox, should have gone ps4 though as my NAT is showing strict and I didn't realise it was 900p - what happened to parity Ubi!? ;)

Anyway it's very good apart from renown is really slow to earn even with the boost.

Any tips for good newbie operators? I quite like sledge on attack and Castle on defence so far but keen to find others without wasting renown on guessing.

You've got the Gold Edition, so you already have access to Frost, who is a very good defender. Buck is competent as an attacker, but nothing to write home about.

For attackers, Thermite and Thatcher would both be good options to unlock next. For defenders, Jaeger, Rook, and Smoke are good choices.

Most of the operators are good in one way or another. Just avoid unlocking Tachanka, Doc, IQ, or Pulse anytime soon, as those are generally considered to be the worst options (give or take, as there is some personal preference involved).

Gaz_RB

Wow those Buck Gifs!
I should get back to this game..

Dude the Division PVP isn't great...

We-have-to-go-back-GIF-from-Lost.gif

Just avoid unlocking Tachanka, Doc, IQ, or Pulse anytime soon, as those are generally considered to be the worst options (give or take, as there is some personal preference involved).

Oops
Kept playing last night after the GAF session. Though I feel I was doing okay with it, or it could have been the group of randoms that carried me :D

You've got the Gold Edition, so you already have access to Frost, who is a very good defender. Buck is competent as an attacker, but nothing to write home about.

For attackers, Thermite and Thatcher would both be good options to unlock next. For defenders, Jaeger, Rook, and Smoke are good choices.

Most of the operators are good in one way or another. Just avoid unlocking Tachanka, Doc, IQ, or Pulse anytime soon, as those are generally considered to be the worst options (give or take, as there is some personal preference involved).

Thanks for the tips! I unlocked Doc 2 minutes after I posted but I've not used him yet.

There are some seriously good players out there right now so grateful for any advice so I'm not getting my ass handed to me.

andycapps

Oops
Kept playing last night after the GAF session. Though I feel I was doing okay with it, or it could have been the group of randoms that carried me :D
Good to have you with us! Doc is okay. He has a good gun and he has high armor/slow speed. Good for defending the objective.

Top Bottom