• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

nikos

So this is currently $29.99 at Best Buy, $23.99 after GCU. Considering picking it up even though I always end up with too many games and too little time.

How hard would it be to get into if I don't have any friends that play the game? From what I understand, communication and teamwork are imperative.

Should I just pull the trigger, GAF?

So this is currently $29.99 at Best Buy, $23.99 after GCU. Considering picking it up even though I always end up with too many games and too little time.

How hard would it be to get into if I don't have any friends that play the game? From what I understand, communication and teamwork are imperative.

Pull that trigger my friend. Assuming you're on console, there's a bunch of Gaffers here that regularly team up and have matches. Also, in the OT (I think) there's some links to VERY helpful newcomer videos. Additionally, give both the Situations (single player missions) and perhaps Terrorist Hunt on multiplayer to get ahold of the basic mechanics involved before you jump into PVP :) You'll love it man.

EDIT: My bad, there's been a couple of excellent videos thrown around in the thread that should be gospel for new comers but they haven't been added to the OT. Nonetheless, someone might link you otherwise there's a tonne of resources on YT anyway, naturally.

Gaz_RB

For that price you should get enough bang for your buck, even if you don't have any friends to play with. Although as always I would recommend finding people to play with here in the thread.

So hell yeah get the game.

patchday

Yeah this game is amazing. $30 is a great deal on this game for sure. Yeah I got a lot of games to play as well (Pokken Tournament, Rainbow Six, and Paragon)- Rainbow Six has dominated my free time so far.

patchday

In response to your other point- at least on PS4 some people use their mic. I know I turn mine on. Earlier there was 3 of us with mics on. And this was just Casual mode. I imagine Ranked modes might have higher participation

Massa

Yesterday I played a match where two other people had mics... one was clearly under the influence of cocaine. That was quite something.

patchday

Got my buddy to buy this game. Hope he enjoys it. Trying to get him to watch tutorial vids and go through at least 2-3 situations so when we play together online he'll have some operators.

Dude the Division PVP isn't great...

We-have-to-go-back-GIF-from-Lost.gif

Lol I did play yesterday ;)

Lool i got called a cheater for taking down 3 people when i was the last person alive and turning the game around. It was honestly pretty great. The last guy marked me thinking i was in one place when i instead jumped down a hole and ran all the way round.

I'm rank, like 94 or 95. Usually too busy playing the game to contribute to the discussion haha.

On that note, sold my second PS4 to a friend along with a copy of Siege and a couple of friends and I have been walking him through the ropes doing Terrorist Hunt and the like and MAN that guy just does not listen and inadvertently goes and does his own thing and is killed in seconds :p I don't think we're even at Casual PVP level yet, but getting there. Can someone suggest a good video for noobs? He just doesn't seem to take our word that you have to be relatively slow and methodical, not go in guns blazing (without knowing maps etc).

Oh, and new operators/map shouldn't be too far off, no?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Anyone else game's getting frozen? My game has froze two times now when I'm an MP match. I can't press any of the buttons and I'm forced to close the game.

I've never seen a thread on Gaf have more love for a game and yet have so few people in the thread ever. Sooooo weird.

We got Division'd, plus I think a few of us are awaiting news of the April DLC.

I'm burning out on The Division. It's fun but really needs that constant content that's planned.

Been craving some Siege. Bought the GSG-9 CTU skin pack (with renown) over the weekend, too!

I bought it over the weekend and just started playing yesterday. Still gonna run through some terrorist hunt before jumping into the adversarial mode.

Also that 2nd to last situation mission sucks. They spawn so many guys right around the extraction point...feels like BS.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wish they could narrow down content drops a little better than "this month". That is pretty weak.

manhack

I've never seen a thread on Gaf have more love for a game and yet have so few people in the thread ever. Sooooo weird.

Played with the PC GAF crew last night and had a ton of fun. Haven't played in awhile due to other stuff, but game is still great.

Looking forward to the next patch and the DLC operators.

Rocketz

Finally got my first ace and it was in a 1v5 situation.

We were up 2-1 and the start of the 4th round on Kanal playing Hostage defending. It was a 4v5 situation with me being on the man down squad. Troll activated his powers at the start of the round and killed himself and another player with a Nitro cell. 2-5 now. Troll gets booted and the player that got killed quits. We lost that round pretty quick.

Tie breaker round we are attacking. I take Termite. Hostage is in basement garage. It's still 2v5. I attack from the outside entrance. Other player goes off somewhere else and dies. 1v5. I blow the wood garage doors and slowly one by one take out the enemies inside. They were really greedy and 3 decided to rush me one by one but they were easy to take out. A Bandit almost got me when I went inside but I ran back out after he started shooting through the wall. He decided to chase me and it ended bad for him. 1v1 and I recorded the final kill.

http://xboxclips.com/ChadDaniel/dc306162-0fdd-417e-85e8-627ea61d7ad2

Heart was going 100mph at the end. I had no idea how much time was left until I watched the video.

patchday

I love this game too much to talk. playing it right now :)

[edit] Just got Sledge. I threw a frag and took out the hostage. Lost so many credits. My tears and sorrow have no end

Are they ever going to do a better matchmaking system where 120+ aren't facing a bunch of 3-5s? Or are they that fucking stupid to think that's fine because it's "casual"?

It's such fucking garbage.

Are they ever going to do a better matchmaking system where 120+ aren't facing a bunch of 3-5s? Or are they that fucking stupid to think that's fine because it's "casual"?

Yeah as a new player, ive already seen this a few times...between that and the teamkillers Im not jiving with this game much

Yeah, I've been noticing a lot of ranked groups in casual lately. It's getting annoying.

Too busy playing the game. I nearly spent the entire weekend playing with GAF.

What Odysseus said.

I played all weekend and always with my normal GAF dudes. We always play.

Too busy playing to talk about it.

As these guys have said, the game is deep and satisfying gameplay wise it just kinda hooks you. I'd much rather be playing this game, constantly, than take the time out to actually talk about it in length unless I'm in person singing it's praises haha.

Yeah it's pretty bullshit, seems like every patch they sneak in that they're balancing or fixing matchmaking issues like this but I've honestly never really noticed a difference. If anything, with people being poached by The Division, there's an even bigger skew between hardcore fans who are high level, and people only just getting into it now.

owlbeak

Stepped away from this game for a while due to The Division, but my friends and I have been back over the past few nights and it sucks that everyone uses ACOGs now. Game has a different feel because you just get your head popped from outside windows all the time now. :(

I feel like the ACOG changes the dynamics of the game from CQC to ranged combat. That, with the ability for defenders to go outside (which also seems like more people do than when I was last playing) all fucks up the way the game is played. Wish they'd not allow defenders to go outside, or at least immediately say one is outside and locate them, rather than the 2 second window they have now. I'd also like ACOGs to be gone, or have some sort of penalty for using them. I don't like them, but I have them on all my guns now just to be competetive.

Still the best MP shooter in years, those complaints aside.

I was sleeping on castle but holy shit hes so good.

When you're not an idiot, he is. I've been in so many games with randoms that pick castle and proceed to put up barriers everywhere, locking people into rooms and shit. forcing you to waste precious prep time ripping them all down again.

When you're not an idiot, he is. I've been in so many games with randoms that pick castle and proceed to put up barriers everywhere, locking people into rooms and shit. forcing you to waste precious prep time ripping them all down again.
Yh i learnt what not to do after the amount of times ive been locked in a room
You shut your mouth
HE IS SO GOOD
A good amount of armour and speed and that killer shotgun.
After an hour of play my KD specifically with Castle is 3.44

Shot the guy
Somehow missed the knife
Watch him get revived by another enemy
Same enemy you shot and downed goes right past you
Enemy who helped revive does the same.

Lmao
Im not sure but it looked like you tried reviving that Frost aswell :x

Top Bottom